very bad appetite problem, serious imput only

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i have been bulking for the past 9 months. recently began taking test and primo. i have been a more then avid MJ user for many years now, but quit as of 2 days ago. I know ppl think the drug is harmless but im one to attest to its bad effects, i was getting severe anxiety and insomina when i didnt smoke as well as terrible mood swings and overall loss of willpower and interest in EVERYTHING, including bodybuilding. and thats where i draw the line.

i have literaly not been able to ingest food over the past 2 days. my weight has dropped to 259 ( very bad ) as im prepping for a contest ( far away ) that could win me my pro card, and i want to go on stage at 270 SHREDDED. my goals are pretty much unattainable if i can not eat. does anybody know if my appetite problems will dissipate or will this continue for some time? i am not looking to be judged or criticised just to be informed. every time i eat i get severe nausia and i have thrown up several meals already. i cant even stomach my post workout shake without having to sit for a half hour and try to not puke.

igf-1 was one of the few things i have used to help my appetite but that is saved for post cycle and pre contest only as its long term side effects are unknown. a Chemist i know who works for organon tells me growth factors are the easiest way to give yourself tumors which can lead to cancer.

does anybody have any suggestion other than igf-1 to get my appetite back to full swing asap? i purchased AHN's APPetite max which has helped increase hunger slightly but im still unable to actualy hold down food.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
hmmm first let me ask bro Ronnie Coleman weighed 240lbs when he won his first Olympia.. you say you wanna come in at 270lbs shredded??? Holy $hit thats a lot.. anyhow.. if your on cycle im surprised that you dont have much of an appetite... I feel over time it ought to come back natural... After you get over this so called addiction of MJ.... Best of Luck man...

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
im 6 foot , nowadays 290-300 is common for 6 foot people. size also does not mean symetry and proportions etc etc.

cycle was started a few days ago so i cant say much for it helping. i know it sounds stupid but i literaly smoked 1-4 times a day ( blunts ) for the past 6-8 years without any real break and it was really startting to drag me down.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
im 6 foot , nowadays 290-300 is common for 6 foot people. size also does not mean symetry and proportions etc etc.

cycle was started a few days ago so i cant say much for it helping. i know it sounds stupid but i literaly smoked 1-4 times a day ( blunts ) for the past 6-8 years without any real break and it was really startting to drag me down.
Lmfao your smoking blunts daily (multiples) bro.... 6-8 years lol dude if you went cold turkey hard times are ahead....:sad::jaw:

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
yea cold turkey. i know im dying. :sick:

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
HAHAHA i just heard that song and its basicly me except xanax bars are my biggest fear :p

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
This is probably bad advice, but get back on MJ and then get off after the contest?

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
With such long-term use, you've probably seriously altered the neurotransmitter balance in your brain. Improvement is sure to be incremental. Some days will be better than others, and you're not going to just suddenly feel better. Considering the long half-life of MJ, it will probably take at least a month to clear your system. Maybe you're going through a mild withdrawal from it. Hopefully, the nausea and problems eating will pass within the next week or two. Hang in there buddy. Congratulations on your decision to quit polluting your body with toxins!

getb1g

Awards
I've heard similar stories and the only thing that helps is time. The only thing I can recommend is keep smoking weed ..but, gradually decrease and stop right after the competition. I'm in a similar scenario but, the thing is I wanna quit because I'm tired of feeling burnt. But, so many of my friends smoke its impossible to quit since its offered to me on a daily basis usually more then couple times lol.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
One thing I noticed is that you say you prefer blunts, so, if you really were smoking 4 times a day on avg, I'm sure that's at least 2 blunts a day for years. I'm thinking you might be suffering from a nicotine withdraw as well. You might not think a blunt wrap would contain much vs a cigarette, but it's a lot longer, unfiltered, you're taking deeper drags, probably holding your breath here and there, etc, etc. plus some people wrap the blunt thicker than others, which would ad more nicotine.
EDIT: Just wanted to ad, if you're still puking regularly a week from now, I do hope you see a doctor. It may not be related to pot at all, and the timing of the sickness & quitting the weed just a coincidence.
Another thing to ad, if you just went on a cycle, your gear could be dirty and making you sick. I know from our private conversations that you're not inexperienced, but i still thought it was worth bringing up.

Last edited:
nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
yea thanks guys i hear ya night i am cravigs cigs more and more. i stopped smokiing cigs 3 years back and i gues the dutches ive been rollin have been giving me some nicotine. and i have been feeling MUCH better today. i can eat again! weight is slowley going back up but the burnt feeling wont go away just yet. i thought about trying to wheen myself but trust me after all these years it takes one time for me to get riht back wher i was. shuda just stuck to juice :p

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Going cold turkey isn't always that simple. From experience, when i stopped smokin the ganja I thought it would be a piece of cake since it was just weed, not crack or heroin, so there would be little to no withdrawal. I did notice as you did some sleeplessness, anxiety, subtle mood swings etc. I would probably attribute most of it to nicotine withdrawal bc like you I would smoke blunts as my main means of ingestion. It would be interesting to see if there was a difference in the severity of withdrawal symptoms between some one who smokes blunts vs. someone who just smokes out of a pipe. Anyways look into some appetite increasing supplements like black hole. Otherwise as painful as it can be, you just have to do it old school and force feed yourself.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
yea that would be interesting. although ther is not much tobacco in a leaf/ paper. so i would go figure that 5 blunts would be about a cigarette ( newport 100s ). yea apetite is coming back but i just cant eat too much at once or else ill puke.

kMz

Awards
yea that would be interesting. although ther is not much tobacco in a leaf/ paper. so i would go figure that 5 blunts would be about a cigarette ( newport 100s ). yea apetite is coming back but i just cant eat too much at once or else ill puke.
I honestly smoke about 5+ blunts a day, I also have like 10 bowls. I am more then 100% sure that 1 gutted out swisher/vega/dutch is ATLEAST equal to 3+ newport hundos

Ive quit smoking numerous times and nausea is definetly not from weed withdrawl at all.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
hrm... if you're in california, or you know anyone with a medical marijuana card, consider doing pot pills, or pot tea to increase your appetite, and slowly ween yourself off them. going cold turkey off anything is nasty, and that would be the solution to retaining weight, while tapering off the MJ.

aztec127

aztec127

Awards
Finally a post that i have some experience in...

The nausea and puking is hard to believe to be coming from the withdrawals of mj. This was my first year of college and 9 months went by FAST due to the major amount of mj. I go to san diego state university, where you may have seen the DEA drug bust just 2 weeks ago, where 50 lbs were found. I've been smoking awhile and climaxed during college, where i had as many as 5-7 sessions a day. A session includes a minimal amount of like a blunt, or 3 bowls (i prefer bowls as bongs are much healthier)

I, who was very VERY into bodybuilding, voluntarily smoked (although the amount might seem excessive) it helped me gain so much weight. I'd hit up the diner and eat the closest things to healthy. My social life went to hell, besides the close 4 or 5 friends who were always down for a bowl, and the other 1-2 friends who were also bodybuilders. I found it perfect for my lifestyle as even though its not really moral:
I woke up, went to class, hurried back to do my hwk, studied real fast, JUST so i could smoke and chill. smoke sesh#2-4, i'd go to sleep, get the high away, go to the gym for 1.5-2 hours, SIX days a week. then come back supplement, smoke bowls, go eat, chill and stick to my diet, then sleep repeat for 6months.

Coming back home i've easily transitioned to smoking only on the weekends as i've stopped working out for a month so i could recollect myself and prioritize at home.

I really recommend the method shown above that i lived in college. If you really want to stop which i think is unnecessary, you need to cut off the sources. At home, it takes me approximately 20-30 mins to get a prescription/sack. At school, my "club" is a stones throw away, and very cheap. So i can't imagine cold turkey being hard at all, just cut off your sources so you don't fiend for it. or keep yourself busy, i had alot of extra time so i blazed alot more.

Or just get a prescription for 130$ and get the edibles to get high.

Scientific standpoint:
The insomnia will be your only problem. The anxiety could be taken away by a jog, focus your interest on working out or something productive, these usually fade within 1-2 days for me when i stop smoking. Your appetite should remain normal, if u get faded and eat 3000 calories for bodybuilding daily for a month, your body will get used to getting that dosage each day, so i find it wierd that you have a hard time eating or keeping food down. I really do not think MJ is to blame.

The insomnia will be very hard for a week or 2 after your last session. I really can't recommend anything except for melatonin pills or exercise excessively so you'll be dead tired.