Versa-1, Compound 20, Jacked Micro, USPowders

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! Not much but gotta start somewhere. Nice to have confidence building in the squat. It finally feels right. Now just time to build the strength. Today's workout called for 280 for 5 sets of 2. Clearly getting strong(er). Eyes on the 500 lbs squat this year!
Big goals! I like that.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Big goals! I like that.
Thanks! Looking to go 400/500/600 in the next war at around 200. I'm confident the way things are goin ill do it with squat and deadlift. I just like lifting heavy things!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice goals man. Those would be some big weights being thrown around. :cool:

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. Love seeing the confidence and motivation. Stay consistent and you'll get there man.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all! Feeling good about it all.
I think I'll be hitting a mid 500s pull and high 300s squat in the next 6 weeks. I'm really smoking weights.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all! Today's feeling is bittersweet as I had a bit of a "sunday funday" yesterday at the neighbors and had some adult beverages. Not sore at all (thanks modern bcaa), but mildly disappointed I let go a little harder than normal. Was fun watching the games with some friends though.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks all! Today's feeling is bittersweet as I had a bit of a "sunday funday" yesterday at the neighbors and had some adult beverages. Not sore at all (thanks modern bcaa), but mildly disappointed I let go a little harder than normal. Was fun watching the games with some friends though.
I wouldn't feel too bad about "letting go" once in a while. Sometimes a little break is needed...now get back to work! :D

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't feel too bad about "letting go" once in a while. Sometimes a little break is needed...now get back to work! :D
Agreed. This is what we do for fun. I certainly am not making any money off of my body (not legally, anyway). Don't be guilty about it. If it detracts from your physique enough, you'll do something about it. If it doesn't, don't sweat it.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all for being so positive! I have a soreness in my low hamstrings I've never felt before. It's glorious. Finally grooving on my GM's feels like its paying off. Excited for heavy Deads on Wednesday. Be yanking around some weights.

Had a couple doses of modern bcaa today. I'm sure ill feel like a million bucks tomorrow. Time to keep getting strong(er)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks all for being so positive! I have a soreness in my low hamstrings I've never felt before. It's glorious. Finally grooving on my GM's feels like its paying off. Excited for heavy Deads on Wednesday. Be yanking around some weights.

Had a couple doses of modern bcaa today. I'm sure ill feel like a million bucks tomorrow. Time to keep getting strong(er)
No problem bud. Nothing like some "new" soreness. :thumbsup:

How's the Modern BCAA experimenting going? Did you decide on how you'll be using it?

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Dead lift heavy-

deadlift with weight on 4 inch blocks-
405 x 2
425 x 2
455 x 2
475 x 2
495 x 2

Done with shoes on and no belt. Smoked these weights. Workout called for 395 for 5 sets of 2 based on my 495 max. The speed on these was awesome. I probably had 4-5 in me on 495 with no belt. This makes for an exciting future!

snatch grip deadlift-
320 x 8 reps x 2 sets

shrugs-
225 x 20 reps x 2 sets

Hammer strength rows-
4 pps x 8 reps x 3 sets and dropped to 3 pps x 8 on last set

weighted abs-
50 reps

man I feel great. Went In a day early because I know I'd smoke it today. These weights FLEW around. Really excited to see where my deadlift is in the next 6 weeks. I think a mid to upper 500s is achievable. I got home from the gym feeling like I could go back and repeat the workout.

regarding the modern bcaas, I still don't know what I'm doing. I haven't sipped throughout the day because the research leads me to believe it could actually have adverse effects. I've been having 10 gs with lunch and then on training days 10 gs with post workout meal. I have another bcaa product intra.

prs are well on the way. Here we go human forklift project

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
320lbs on Snatch DLs? Dang thats some SOLID pulling! :eek:

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
320lbs on Snatch DLs? Dang thats some SOLID pulling! :eek:
Thanks bro. Done from floor, no belt. Smoked these. Went super slow on negatives and had a lot in the tank. This is one of the most under rated exercises IMO

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro. Done from floor, no belt. Smoked these. Went super slow on negatives and had a lot in the tank. This is one of the most under rated exercises IMO
Ya I have been doing them much more now since starting Cube Method. Did some yesterday and my whole posterior chain is SMOKED. 320 is solid though, but the near 500lbs conventionals aren't too shabby either. ;)

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Ya I have been doing them much more now since starting Cube Method. Did some yesterday and my whole posterior chain is SMOKED. 320 is solid though, but the near 500lbs conventionals aren't too shabby either. ;)
Thanks.. I shoulda thrown the 2.5s on there and called it 500. I'm thinking next heavy pulling ill hit all doubles about 500, may even belt up! Bolt you're cubin???? You have a log? Let me know and I'm there.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks.. I shoulda thrown the 2.5s on there and called it 500. I'm thinking next heavy pulling ill hit all doubles about 500, may even belt up! Bolt you're cubin???? You have a log? Let me know and I'm there.
No log at the moment. I probably should have started a Cube Training log but been pretty busy. I am on week 6 right now and really like it so far.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
No log at the moment. I probably should have started a Cube Training log but been pretty busy. I am on week 6 right now and really like it so far.
I'm on week 3 and I've never felt so powerful. You running as is? Keep me updated. I see bright futures for us!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on week 3 and I've never felt so powerful. You running as is? Keep me updated. I see bright futures for us!
Ya using the percentages outlined as is and following the ideas behind assistance (hence the inclusion of the snatch grip work). Ya you are much stronger than I am. :thumbsup:

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Ya using the percentages outlined as is and following the ideas behind assistance (hence the inclusion of the snatch grip work). Ya you are much stronger than I am. :thumbsup:
Meh that's what I'm passionate about. Your old avi of your abs puts mine to shame!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Bolt is jacked.

You however are strong as FUARK
Thanks man. Relatively I have a lot of work to do. May consider stepping on the platform at 198 once I could flirt with a raw elite total. I've got a lot of time. I just turned 24 and only got back into training seriously about 6 months ago after a 2 year layoff.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. Relatively I have a lot of work to do. May consider stepping on the platform at 198 once I could flirt with a raw elite total. I've got a lot of time. I just turned 24 and only got back into training seriously about 6 months ago after a 2 year layoff.
No way, man. Just get out there and compete. Learn stuff, have fun, and see what you can do. Like they say, you don't know your max until you step on that platform. If you want to compete, just step up and do it!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No way, man. Just get out there and compete. Learn stuff, have fun, and see what you can do. Like they say, you don't know your max until you step on that platform. If you want to compete, just step up and do it!
My thoughts exactly. I say go for it now!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Bench Explosive

Floor Press (started close grip and worked out)

165 x 3 reps x 8 sets (30 seconds rest)

Hammer Strength incline

2 pps x 12
2 pps x 9
2 pps x 12

Standing DB Press
45s x 9 reps x 3 sets

Banded Pushdowns
100 reps

Band Flyes
15 reps x 3 sets

Some Facepulls

Man my explosiveness sucks on floor press. Got da weak triceps and that needs a fixing. Hopefully the floor press will do it.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Squats reps

squats-
245 x 2 sets x 8 reps ( no belt ) lot in the tank

wide stance gm-
185 x 8
205 x 8
225 x 8

Leg press w light bands-
540 x 12
540 x 12
added bar up top
640 x 12
690 x 12

easy workout today. Everything moved well!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are you doing your floor presses? Are you doing touch and go or are you letting the weight come to a complete stop before exploding up? Allowing it to come to a stop while taking some of the load through your forearms to the floor and then bursting up may help build explosiveness and strengthen your triceps.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
How are you doing your floor presses? Are you doing touch and go or are you letting the weight come to a complete stop before exploding up? Allowing it to come to a stop while taking some of the load through your forearms to the floor and then bursting up may help build explosiveness and strengthen your triceps.
complete pauses.. Almost a second or two

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
complete pauses.. Almost a second or two
All I can say is keep doing them then. My triceps were always a weak point for me on pressing movements, and floor presses really helped them.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is keep doing them then. My triceps were always a weak point for me on pressing movements, and floor presses really helped them.
I shall! I have this idea that if I suck at doing something it's probably what I need most! Floor presses def qualify!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilding day-

Landmine press each arm-
120 x 5
125 x 5
130 x 5
125 x 5

Superset with ng wide wide pull-ups
Bw x 10 reps x 4 sets

Calf raises-
15 reps x 4 sets

Superset with bicep curls-
80 x 10 reps x 3 sets

banded tricep push downs-
4 sets x 12 reps

Superset with 3d shoulders-
15 reps x 3 sets

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Man those neutral wide grip pull-ups shocked my back! Hadn't had lat soreness like that in awhile! It was great. Beastly rep deadlift workout coming tonight! Feeling strong.

On a side note, xtreme formulations ultra peptide 2.0 cinnamon roll is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. I have to practice self restraint to not take down the whole tub!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man those neutral wide grip pull-ups shocked my back! Hadn't had lat soreness like that in awhile! It was great. Beastly rep deadlift workout coming tonight! Feeling strong.

On a side note, xtreme formulations ultra peptide 2.0 cinnamon roll is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. I have to practice self restraint to not take down the whole tub!
Neutral grip pull-ups or pulldowns always seem to smoke my back as well. Good luck boss!

Haha XF UP 2.0 is amazing. I think Lemon Cream Pie might be my favorite. I've heard the new Butterscotch is impressive too.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Deads reps-

Deficit Deads-
worked up to 405 x 6

snatch grip 4' block pulls-
455 x 3
425 x 3

paused Olympic squats
190 x 8 reps x 3 sets

pullthroughs-
10 reps x 3 sets

hyperextensions-
50 reps

moving gooooood

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I shall! I have this idea that if I suck at doing something it's probably what I need most! Floor presses def qualify!
Haha yup often times that is the case!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Bench heavy-

Paused floor press-
235 x 2 reps x 3 sets

wg pull-ups-
Bw x 12 reps x 3 sets

3dshoulders-
15 reps x 4 sets

Band push downs-
25 reps x 4 sets

Band shrugs-
20 reps x 4 sets

Had to leave the gym for a personal reason. Left after floor press and had to miss 2 sets of 15 paused bench. Came home and got most of the workout in with bands and hanging from my gazebo doing pull-ups. All in all a pretty good workout and ill do extra chest or shoulder work Sunday.

Girlfriend was cuddling and commented on how my body just felt harder.

On to the next one!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Squats explosion-

Squats- all down completely raw (no belt)

225 x 6 sets x 2 reps.. 30 seconds between sets

add reverse light bands

280 x 3 sets x 2 reps

olympic squats-

205 x 5 sets x 5 reps paused 2 seconds at the bottom each rep

leg press-

540 and double light bands x 4 sets x 15 reps

3 sets of banded good mornings and 3 sets kb swings

weights moved so quick... Felt strong with no belt. Looking to work up to 455 x 2 reverse light band next weekend! Here we go. Human forklift project is well underway!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bench heavy-

Paused floor press-
235 x 2 reps x 3 sets

wg pull-ups-
Bw x 12 reps x 3 sets

3dshoulders-
15 reps x 4 sets

Band push downs-
25 reps x 4 sets

Band shrugs-
20 reps x 4 sets

Had to leave the gym for a personal reason. Left after floor press and had to miss 2 sets of 15 paused bench. Came home and got most of the workout in with bands and hanging from my gazebo doing pull-ups. All in all a pretty good workout and ill do extra chest or shoulder work Sunday.

Girlfriend was cuddling and commented on how my body just felt harder.

On to the next one!
Getting it done gym or no gym. Nice work.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Squats explosion-

Squats- all down completely raw (no belt)

225 x 6 sets x 2 reps.. 30 seconds between sets

add reverse light bands

280 x 3 sets x 2 reps

olympic squats-

205 x 5 sets x 5 reps paused 2 seconds at the bottom each rep

leg press-

540 and double light bands x 4 sets x 15 reps

3 sets of banded good mornings and 3 sets kb swings

weights moved so quick... Felt strong with no belt. Looking to work up to 455 x 2 reverse light band next weekend! Here we go. Human forklift project is well underway!
Another great workout man. Keep killing it forklift!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Another great workout man. Keep killing it forklift!
Thanks man. I've never been so confident in my squat or deadlift! So excited to see where I am in a few weeks. Body composition looks good too.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilding day turned forklift-

Landmine press (each arm)-
120 x 5 reps
130 x 5 reps x 3 sets

superset with ng wide grip pull-ups-
Bw x 10 reps x 3 sets

reverse band cgbp (light bands)-
275 x 5 reps
295 x 5 reps
315 x 5 reps

superset with pull-ups-
Bw x 10 reps x 3 sets

Curls-
80 x 10 reps x 3 sets

reverse grip push downs-
stack x 10 reps x 3 sets

couple sets of calves and reverse flyes..

man I felt REALLY powerful today. The close grip benches were flying up, granted they were reverse banded, but with light bands. 60 total pull-ups and flying up... Feeling really good about today's session. I also wore a bright maize michigan fleece (I'm a fan) though I live in Columbus. That gave me some extra satisfaction!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice session...things seem to be going nicely as you've appear to have been crushing the workouts this last week. :cool:

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Nice session...things seem to be going nicely as you've appear to have been crushing the workouts this last week. :cool:
Absolutely! Big week next week working up to heavy squats. Want to end with 455 x 2 reverse banded!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like things couldn't be going much better man. Getting that tricep strength up :thumbsup:

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Dead lift explosive-

deficit Deads-
325 x 2 reps x 6 sets

snatch grip block pulls-
275 x 12 reps x 3 sets

olympic 2 count pause squats
190 x 8 reps x 3 sets

behind the back bb shrugs-
225 x 12 reps x 3 sets

back raises-
lots.. Some banded and some one leg

band lat pull downs-
15 reps x 4 sets

weights all felt good and light.. Found out that the reverse bands take like 60-70 lbs off in the hole. Must get stronger! Smoked everything today. Bg squat day this weekend!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice pulling man. Good luck with those squats!