Velositol

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Just found out about velositol. What is everyone's thoughts on it?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This statement (put out by the manufacturer), and a couple of other statements (also put out by them) are the only things I've seen so far.

It isn't something that interests me, personally....

"Velositol is a patented combination of amylopectin and chromium that is designed to work as a perfect partner to protein. Velositol's highly soluble amylopectin stimulates insulin's safe and controlled release, while chromium enhances insulin function and increases muscle cells' sensitivity to it. Together, these nutrients enhance insulin's ability to transport amino acids into muscle cells where they supply the nutrients needed for MPS."

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure if it's something you can notice. It's in several BCAA products. The benefits seem good and I've certainly never noticed any bad side effects from it.

I would caution it's a pretty high dose of Chromium. Not necessarily something you should 2-scoop or combine with multi's/GDA's that already have a lot of Chromium.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is also found in @Olympus Labs protein powder and the outright bars breakfast series

@GNO
@NoAddedHmones

could expand on its benefits in conjunction with protein

Velositol is a patented, revolutionary ingredient, that when used with protein is designed to accelerate and boost muscle protein synthesis (MPS), a key to enhanced muscle growth, lean body mass, and quicker muscle recovery.

From the OL webpage on superior protein

Velositol® is an amylopectin chromium complex that doubles the power of protein by enhancing the insulinogenic response, increasing amino acid uptake, and therefore increasing muscle protein synthesis.

how much is really makes a difference? Hard to really say. I have been through many tubs of the OL protein and compared to taking a whey blend or other whey product don’t see much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its effects are most pronounced when paired with a ”suboptimal”dose of protein (6g) According to the studies.

when paired with a regular serving of protein (25-30g) it’s effects are much less

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried it when MTS first dropped it in swolly over a year ago....Noticed nothing 🤷🏼‍♂️