Veggies Make Me Feel Worse

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone else just feel bad (not in the gut, but actually emotional well being)? I know it sounds ridiculous, but since dropping broccoli, spinach, cauliflower and brussel sprouts my anxiety is down and sleep is improved. I don't feel revved up constantly anymore.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Carnivore diet FTW . Seriously though, i noticed I feel better when i cut back on them.
Yeah, you might be right here. Still hard for myself to even believe though. I haven't felt this "normal" in 5 years.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a placebo and mental strain you’re putting on yourself…. Greens making someone feel like emotionally off and anxious….

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
Personally for me, greens seem to improve things.. albeit slightly

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nope, it's real...sadly.
People who get anxiety attack after smoking weed believe it’s real too but if they mentality could stop telling themselves "I’m gonna smoke and I’m gonna get anxiety" then it wouldn’t happen. The brain is a strong machine. Tell yourself long enough that you’re sick and you’ll get sick.
Brocolis don’t create anxiety and depression bro.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel better after cutting out large volume of greens. i still eat some pea pods, corn, rice, and oats. kale is bullshit! I eat raw liver now to supplement lack of greens. will be adding more organs eventually. for a while I thought I was being healthier by substituting grains/pasta for green veggie blends. those meals kicked my ass and I don't miss them.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
People who get anxiety attack after smoking weed believe it’s real too but if they mentality could stop telling themselves "I’m gonna smoke and I’m gonna get anxiety" then it wouldn’t happen. The brain is a strong machine. Tell yourself long enough that you’re sick and you’ll get sick.
To discredit the affect that food can have on biology and/or neurotransmitters just makes your sound like a macro counting meathead.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know all about placebo and whatnot. Anyway, if you have nothing actual helpful to add, I won't be replying to you again.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel better after cutting out large volume of greens. i still eat some pea pods, corn, rice, and oats. kale is bullshit! I eat raw liver now to supplement lack of greens. will be adding more organs eventually. for a while I thought I was being healthier by substituting grains/pasta for green veggie blends. those meals kicked my ass and I don't miss them.
Maybe I need to look into liver. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Have you done 23andme? There's a few things I've come across that may account for it in mine.

natureman4

Awards
I eat a lot of squash and cruciferous veggies while cutting (now) but the bloat and fatigue is definitely uncomfortable. My ideal diet is pretty much the same as Kronic's above, minus the liver which I just can't handle the taste of (beef liver pills work ok for nutrition). Pure carnivore or keto definitely reduces bloat and gives me a ton of mental energy but it's often too much energy and leads to insomnia, and I've never been able to gain much strength on it.

Rules for talking about nutrition: 1. Acknowledge that there's so much we don't know for sure, 2. The only way to know what works for you is experimentation, 3. Don't be a dick about other people's choices :cool:

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I eat a lot of squash and cruciferous veggies while cutting (now) but the bloat and fatigue is definitely uncomfortable. My ideal diet is pretty much the same as Kronic's above, minus the liver which I just can't handle the taste of (beef liver pills work ok for nutrition). Pure carnivore or keto definitely reduces bloat and gives me a ton of mental energy but it's often too much energy and leads to insomnia, and I've never been able to gain much strength on it.

Rules for talking about nutrition: 1. Acknowledge that there's so much we don't know for sure, 2. The only way to know what works for you is experimentation, 3. Don't be a dick about other people's choices :cool:
I'm wondering if it's only cruciferous veggies that are my problem...maybe a problem with sulfur, I don't know.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I agree with carnivore clarity/energy but I wonder it thats cortisol due to low carbs…ever do it cyclic with easy to digest carb? I think I’ve seen guys will do a rice or honey meal a few times through the week

natureman4

Awards
I agree with carnivore clarity/energy but I wonder it thats cortisol due to low carbs…ever do it cyclic with easy to digest carb? I think I’ve seen guys will do a rice or honey meal a few times through the week
Could be, good point about the cortisol. Carnivore and keto also often drop test levels and the mechanism of that might be low carbs = low serotonin production = higher cortisol, and the DHEA to Cortisol ratio is essential for adrenal health and stress management. I would add honey sometimes but after weeks of no sweets whatsoever I wouldn't be able to stop myself and I'd eat like a whole 2000 calorie jar lol. also fructose more powerfully triggers fat storage than glucose. Yea, I felt great in some ways on carni but terrible in others, really not sure what to make of it.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe I need to look into liver. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Have you done 23andme? There's a few things I've come across that may account for it in mine.
no I haven't done my genetics. I tried to find foods on a similar level to eggs and it's really just organ meats or other eggs

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
no I haven't done my genetics. I tried to find foods on a similar level to eggs and it's really just organ meats or other eggs

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone else just feel bad (not in the gut, but actually emotional well being)? I know it sounds ridiculous, but since dropping broccoli, spinach, cauliflower and brussel sprouts my anxiety is down and sleep is improved. I don't feel revved up constantly anymore.
I’ll say this. There’s a ton of guys on AM that will totally bash Keto and any low carb diet. I know the pros and cons of keto, but I will say this. I did keto strictly for 8 months. My energy was through the roof, my joints felt better, and I could run like a champ. Some would immediately say it was a placebo to dismiss it. A placebo isn’t going to last for 8 months. I went off keto for one reason. My wife doesn’t like a lot of foods you have to eat on keto such as chicken thighs. She’s a little picky. She eats clean. Instead of making two different meals day in and day out I gave it up. So I say that to say this, if you feel good eating what you’re eating then **** what everyone else says and what they say you should be feeling like. Do you man. I’m glad you have finally found something that has done away with your anxiety. Congrats bro!

lamarclark09

Awards
I think it depends on the person because usually eating those things are better for your health and it’s supposed to make you feel fresh and good. But I guess you just don’t like them so much that it brings negative energy in your life lol. So it’s better if you don’t eat it.