Valdez's Go To Member Guide

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
OK, Sorry to harsh the mellow with my earlier sarcasm, however this thread's concept does raise a few questions...

Are the people you are nominating willing to put up with more PM's asking for advice? This will be a natural by product of this thread. I doubt Aaron wants more email and I personally wouldn't want any.

Keep in mind the dynamics of membership on this site are always changing and thus the list of experts will constantly shift. Do you really want to have to dredge this thread up and manage it over the years?

Also, we've had over the years quite a few notable intellects that ended up being rather dishonest about their credentials or who have used their knowledge and status to scam people or otherwise take certain unfair advantages. While this is entertaining, it would suck to have inadvertently and officially endorsed a fraud.

It would be nice to have a legit meritocracy on this board, however the realities of cyberspace being what they are there can be no real standard to compare anyone to unless you want to go with actual credentials like Master's and pHD holders, certified trainers, researchers etc that are verified by the board's admin. Otherwise, it's just a popularity contest.

AM has persisted all these years without any such meritocracy and has relied more on a natural selection process..like all boards. Altering this will be more work than you can imagine.

Just some thoughts.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, Sorry to harsh the mellow with my earlier sarcasm, however this thread's concept does raise a few questions...

Are the people you are nominating willing to put up with more PM's asking for advice? This will be a natural by product of this thread. I doubt Aaron wants more email and I personally wouldn't want any.

Keep in mind the dynamics of membership on this site are always changing and thus the list of experts will constantly shift. Do you really want to have to dredge this thread up and manage it over the years?

Also, we've had over the years quite a few notable intellects that ended up being rather dishonest about their credentials or who have used their knowledge and status to scam people or otherwise take certain unfair advantages. While this is entertaining, it would suck to have inadvertently and officially endorsed a fraud.

It would be nice to have a legit meritocracy on this board, however the realities of cyberspace being what they are there can be no real standard to compare anyone to unless you want to go with actual credentials like Master's and pHD holders, certified trainers, researchers etc that are verified by the board's admin. Otherwise, it's just a popularity contest.

AM has persisted all these years without any such meritocracy and has relied more on a natural selection process..like all boards. Altering this will be more work than you can imagine.

Just some thoughts.
1. If anyone on the list wishes to be removed, I will happily oblige. One of the reasons that these particular individuals were placed on the list is due to their helpful natures. Also, you're not on the list, so you won't be receiving any additional pm's rest assured.

2. I'm aware of the changing dynamic which is why in the opening post I said that I will update accordingly.

3. I am not an official presence on AM so no official endorsements were made. You're right people can lie and probably do. Again, in the opening post I said that these are individuals that I have seen with a vast amount of knowledge, personally.

It is your choice whether to believe the information or not. Actually, I'm sure any of the people on the list would prefer you do your own research and not just believe the personal opinion of an internet persona. Being objective is a welcomed attribute as long as its respectful.

4. A popularity contest? It has nothing to do with popularity. The beauty of life is that your given free choice so, don't use the list, don't like the list and feel free to post elsewhere.

5. Lol! I'm not altering anything. This list is me providing new members with a go to guide of members that aren't just spouting off bull ****. Everyone obviously has a choice whether or not they use this list, its just another tool.

Thank you for your contribution and concern.

- Valdez

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's always gotta be one in every crowd....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough Valdez, and Danb, if we were all followers this board would be BB.com not AM. Hearty, informed disagreement is part of the process.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fair enough Valdez, and Danb, if we were all followers this board would be BB.com not AM. Hearty, informed disagreement is part of the process.
Ha just a joke brother

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
We don't joke here...ever! Serious freakin bizniz.

Last hijack ever.