Using Mucuna pruiens for a long time

nergy

Awards
I've been wondering where you got all that knowledge coop, so thank you ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Im curious about this l-dopa. It's in Test Powder. I was taking it in middle part of the day. I seem to have an attitude problem & like you say Conny, just zoned out.

Whats thoughts on this?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im curious about this l-dopa. It's in Test Powder. I was taking it in middle part of the day. I seem to have an attitude problem & like you say Conny, just zoned out.

Whats thoughts on this?

never noticed this

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
I had a bad interaction between ephedrine and PCT assist once... Man it gave me awful mood problems..

googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards
You have unquestionably depleted brain serotonin at this stage. Stop using HGHPro for at least 2 months and get on some 5HTP.
2 months on, 1 month off is a good starting point. The effects on prolactin are pretty much immediate, so you can use it right at the start of PCT. If you co-supplement with 5HTP, you can probably go up to 3 months on l-dopa if the dose is low.
how does mucuna deplete serotonin over time? how would one dose tryptophan or 5htp to recover from this and/or help prevent it? actual dosage/mg wise as well as timing...empty stomach at night to avoid lethargy during the day? if one is taking the mucuna at night, would this interfere with the serotonin production by jacking up dopamine?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive used a pre-workout (150-300 mgs caffiene), then half hour later, right before walking into the gym, high egcg and l -dopa to stimulate growth hormone production, and done this a few times and was fine

ive also used a a pre cardio formula, lcarintine, caffeine , some other stuff, then later on took high egcg and 5-htp and was fine

*remember you need high egcg with l-dopa or 5-htp for it to cross the brain blood barrier, and get the best bang for your dollar

If you are on ssri's or any thing that involves serotonin , do not take this

On days off l-dopa, 5-htp can help keep a better balance

mrcooper.69 you say dont mix stimulates and l-dopa , why?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Epic bump. What I want to know us what half the guys ITT did to get banned.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Coop doesn't really post much anymore and is most assuredly busy during this pandemic, so I wouldn't expect that he'll actually reply.

@Aleksandar37 might be able to tell you.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Coop doesn't really post much anymore and is most assuredly busy during this pandemic, so I wouldn't expect that he'll actually reply.

@Aleksandar37 might be able to tell you.
Did he say not to mix them in this thread and I'm just not seeing it or was it somewhere else? Just curious what the context was, but typically stimulants are going to have an effect on dopamine transmission. It depends on the stimulant (e.g. caffeine vs amphetamine and everything in between) but they can cause dopamine release, inhibit the metabolism or reuptake of dopamine that has been released, or both. If you're drinking coffee or a pre-workout and taking an l-dopa supplement with a reasonable dose, then you're probably fine, although I'd personally still split them up like mentioned above. You'll get into trouble though if you're taking an l-dopa dose close to whatever the threshold is that causes side effects and using a stimulant at the same time which might put you over that threshold.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did he say not to mix them in this thread and I'm just not seeing it or was it somewhere else? Just curious what the context was, but typically stimulants are going to have an effect on dopamine transmission. It depends on the stimulant (e.g. caffeine vs amphetamine and everything in between) but they can cause dopamine release, inhibit the metabolism or reuptake of dopamine that has been released, or both. If you're drinking coffee or a pre-workout and taking an l-dopa supplement with a reasonable dose, then you're probably fine, although I'd personally still split them up like mentioned above. You'll get into trouble though if you're taking an l-dopa dose close to whatever the threshold is that causes side effects and using a stimulant at the same time which might put you over that threshold.
*Raises hand*

If stimulants effect dopamine that way, why do things like MP/L-Dopa make one sleepy or "dopey" when taken alone?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
*Raises hand*

If stimulants effect dopamine that way, why do things like MP/L-Dopa make one sleepy or "dopey" when taken alone?
Again, depends on what kind of stimulant we're talking about. The effects of caffeine aren't really because of any dopamine release, but rather the interaction with adenosine receptors
And do they cause drowsiness in most people? I thought insomnia was more common with these.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And do they cause drowsiness in most people? I thought insomnia was more common with these.
Hmm, I assumed so, since a lot of MP supps are recommended before bed. When I take it MP by itself it makes me kind of drowsy but I remember original C4 had L-Dopa along with caffeine and DMAA and that stuff used to get me lit up. Also, doesn't heroine/opiates effect dopamine as well?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hmm, I assumed so, since a lot of MP supps are recommended before bed. When I take it MP by itself it makes me kind of drowsy but I remember original C4 had L-Dopa along with caffeine and DMAA and that stuff used to get me lit up. Also, doesn't heroine/opiates effect dopamine as well?
I thought MP has more than just dopaminergic properties though. Like I thought it contained some 5-HTP. And the timing might have more to do what the supplement claims to help with, for example increasing HGH.

And yes, regarding heroin/opiates. The mechanism is different from stimulants, but end result of more dopamine is similar. Anything involved with actual addiction is going to involve dopamine.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This in an interesting topic. There are several studies using M pruriens in young men, specially infertile men, but the longest period I've seen is 3 months.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
MP is like melatonin for me. both relaxe me but if I take rght before bed both mess with my sleep...if I take 2 hours before bed good to go.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Epic bump. What I want to know us what half the guys ITT did to get banned.
Lots of old names ITT. Made the mistake of going down the rabbit hole further and seeing names like Breezy, Celorza, Rodja, Distilled Water, DJBeanPole etc.

Anyway

Last edited:
Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lots of old names ITT. Made the mistake of going down the rabbit hole and seeing names like Breezy, Celorza, Rodja, Distilled Water, DJBeanPole etc.

Anyway
Was T-Bone in here? I miss that snark.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Was T-Bone in here? I miss that snark.
Good ol' T Bone. Haven't heard from him since he got banned. Hope hes doing OK.