Ursa-Gel Initial Thoughts

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IIRC, Apex is ~50mg per mL, XPG is 70mg
Yeah I believe this is correct. XPG is a little higher concentration and a bigger bottle. But Apex has ridiculous sales. Can’t go wrong either way.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think that a lot of people overlook with td's that with the way they work, they have to penetrate the skin and in doing so can lead to some dryness or irritation in some people, especially those of us with sensitive skin.

I have super sensitive skin, I'm one of those people that my skin gets red and splotchy over everything and dries out over everything - I can't even let simple household items like dishwashing detergent touch my skin without it drying my skin out very bad. I've been in a hurry before and washed dishes without gloves on and had my skin dry so bad it cracked from doing that.

I've never had any issues with the XPG topicals, but I always do a few things as precautions bc I am so sensitive to everything.

I always rotate application areas, moisturize the normal application areas with gold bond lotion, and never ever apply anything when my skin is still somewhat wet after a shower. I know that after getting out of a shower is some people's most convenient and favorite time to apply them, but its also when the skin is at its most delicate and sensitive.
Those are some great transdermal tips! I generally tolerate most of them well, but occasionally I come across one that causes some nasty irritation. One of them is a product that I really enjoy otherwise, so it’s a bit of a bummer. These tips could definitely help matters though.

I have never tried any XPG topicals, but after all the praise in here they are definitely on my must try list.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IIRC, Apex is ~50mg per mL, XPG is 70mg
The XPG topical lines are some pretty crazy values when you look at how much they have pumped into each bottle.

I appreciate the feedback, I’m looking to start XPG Ursa in June.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Those are some great transdermal tips! I generally tolerate most of them well, but occasionally I come across one that causes some nasty irritation. One of them is a product that I really enjoy otherwise, so it’s a bit of a bummer. These tips could definitely help matters though.

I have never tried any XPG topicals, but after all the praise in here they are definitely on my must try list.
I've got psoriatic arthritis, but even with what I'd consider my 'sensitive skin' I've luckily never had a problem with Apex/XPG topicals. Typically use some coconut oil for a moisturizer if I ever feel like I really need it.

The XPG topical lines are some pretty crazy values when you look at how much they have pumped into each bottle.

Value on the Ursa-Gel is pretty awesome. With the way I'm dosing 2 pumps weekends/3 pumps workout days, 19 pumps per week, a bottle lasts ~5 weeks.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've got psoriatic arthritis, but even with what I'd consider my 'sensitive skin' I've luckily never had a problem with Apex/XPG topicals. Typically use some coconut oil for a moisturizer if I ever feel like I really need it.

Value on the Ursa-Gel is pretty awesome. With the way I'm dosing 2 pumps weekends/3 pumps workout days, 19 pumps per week, a bottle lasts ~5 weeks.
How many days you doing 3 and how many 2?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How many days you doing 3 and how many 2?
Mon-Fri are workout days using 3 pumps, then Sat/Sun are off days and I use 2. Have used 3 pumps on Saturdays a couple times, but those were days like this past weekend where I had an all day softball tournament.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I believe this is correct. XPG is a little higher concentration and a bigger bottle. But Apex has ridiculous sales. Can’t go wrong either way.
Ursa-Gel contains over double the amount of Sodium Ursolate per bottle.

The thing with half price sales is that from a consumer standpoint, that means the company has to make enough markup off a product to be able to sell it to you at half price sometimes and still make a profit from it at half price.

Xtreme Performance Gels goes a different approach of offering products at such a good value that there's no way it could be sold at half price because that would be lower than it costs to make it.

If you do a cost per gram analysis comparison, even on competing products at their half price prices, Ursa-Gel is still by far much more cost effective and a better value.

Ursa-Gel is 100 ml per bottle (100 servings) at 70 mg. per ml, so that equals 7 grams per bottle and is commonly sold for less than 39.99.

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Ursa-Gel is a great value and cost savings - I think a lot of people don't realize how much so.

Ursa-Gel is 100 ml per bottle (100 servings) at 70 mg. per ml, so that equals 7 grams per bottle.

In comparison, other products typically have 1.5 ml or 3 ml per bottle.

Thank you for the breakdown.

I think a lot of people don't realize how great of a value Ursa-Gel is.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This stuff seems to dry even faster than the curcumin product. Looking forward to seeing how it treats me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This stuff seems to dry even faster than the curcumin product. Looking forward to seeing how it treats me.
I got some I really want to try, but I guess I better wait till after my transplant!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Of the XPG stuff I've used, the Ursa-Gel deff does dry the quickest. Within ~5 minutes it's pretty much dry to the touch.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How is the scent of ursa gel?
Really doesn't have much of a smell at all. I guess I'd say it has kind of a generic 'unscented lotion' kinda scent, but its not something I ever really notice. Dries super quick, so what little scent it does give off is gone pretty quick.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Come to think of it, I have never really noticed a sent from any of the XPG products.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Mine should be coming in this week - wanna jump right to 4mls a day but may go ahead and try 2-3ml a day just to preserve some. If I go with 4 I’m gonna run out of this first bottle before it really kicks in lol

gonna need this (and all SNS/CEL prospects) on Amazon because I put off ordering til the last minute now just due to the convenience amazons created lol

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mine should be coming in this week - wanna jump right to 4mls a day but may go ahead and try 2-3ml a day just to preserve some. If I go with 4 I’m gonna run out of this first bottle before it really kicks in lol

gonna need this (and all SNS/CEL prospects) on Amazon because I put off ordering til the last minute now just due to the convenience amazons created lol
Honestly I've had more issues with shipping delays with Amazon lately compared to anyone else. I guess it might depend on where you are located but I get my DPS shipments of CEL/SNS/XPG stuff quite fast.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly I've had more issues with shipping delays with Amazon lately compared to anyone else. I guess it might depend on where you are located but I get my DPS shipments of CEL/SNS/XPG stuff quite fast.
I’m dead central really, it’s taking about 5 days excluding Sunday for shipping to me. Not horrible but Amazons been good to me! Lol don’t get me wrong, there’s been more than one “same day delivery” that ended up being 3 days.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Come to think of it, I have never really noticed a sent from any of the XPG products.
Supress-C has a hint of lemon, but thats not surprising, it's got limonene in it. But even with that, it's very mild and gone fairly quick. Never notice any scent come back when I get moving in the gym either.

At 4mL/day you should start to 'feel' something fairly quick. Slight raise in body temp/more sweating/more vascular can be noticeable fairly quick with bigger doses. Muscular endurance boost would still take a few weeks to start to kick in though.

And I'd certainly love to see more of this family of products on Amazon, if only for the convenience of ordering with non-supp stuff I get on there haha. Get lucky every once in a while and DPS/Lockout have their stuff listed on Amazon. Like right now, I'm pretty sure you could snag some Supress-C on there.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Supress-C has a hint of lemon, but thats not surprising, it's got limonene in it. But even with that, it's very mild and gone fairly quick. Never notice any scent come back when I get moving in the gym either.

At 4mL/day you should start to 'feel' something fairly quick. Slight raise in body temp/more sweating/more vascular can be noticeable fairly quick with bigger doses. Muscular endurance boost would still take a few weeks to start to kick in though.

And I'd certainly love to see more of this family of products on Amazon, if only for the convenience of ordering with non-supp stuff I get on there haha. Get lucky every once in a while and DPS/Lockout have their stuff listed on Amazon. Like right now, I'm pretty sure you could snag some Supress-C on there.
It’s all a bonus, but I’m looking to see what I can get from it vascularity wise seeing as I’m now to the point of having more visible veins than I ever have - which still isn’t anything major. Lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love the appearance of "New Veins" !!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I'm looking forward to hearing you feedback. I think you'll like it.

We do hope to have more things listed on Amazon at some point, but doing things the right way on Amazon requires a lot of time. In the past, we have sold to resellers that have sold on Amazon, but I really want to get some of the products listed on there and handle it ourselves (with still selling to select retailers) within the next few months. It's just a lot bigger project than most people realize - that is, if doing it the right way.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm the same way. I've been in a run of bad luck with Amazon and shipping lately.

For supplements for personal use, I normally order from DPS myself. I'll order things they don't have, like some of my basics, off Amazon at times, but I try to avoid ordering supplements on Amazon to begin with. I do not trust any Amazon only or predominantly Amazon brands quality wise, and there have been some cases of counterfeiting on there of some of the bigger brands.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And if you do have a problem you know DPS will take care of it!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s all a bonus, but I’m looking to see what I can get from it vascularity wise seeing as I’m now to the point of having more visible veins than I ever have - which still isn’t anything major. Lol

My lower extremities were never super vascular, but after UA usage a quick walk with the doggo has the calves popping a little haha.

Apologies for the whiteness, I wear full leg compression sleeves when I'm out playing softball so they don't get a ton of sun :LOL:

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
View attachment 234574

My lower extremities were never super vascular, but after UA usage a quick walk with the doggo has the calves popping a little haha.

Apologies for the whiteness, I wear full leg compression sleeves when I'm out playing softball so they don't get a ton of sun :LOL:
You can’t scare me, I’m in jeans all day every day outside! Lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ordering ursa gel and absolved today from DPS which is always my go to site
That's a great combination. I hope you'll enjoy it and looking forward to your feedback.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone dosing this higher than 4 pumps per day?
I'm curious to see if anyone here is as well.

We've had some feedback from people doing it but I don't remember seeing anyone post about it.

The ones that we've gotten feedback from that are doing it really liked it - they were focusing on recomp and endurance.

Brianmc83

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'll be more than happy to let you know will try 6 on my next bottle currently only a few days in at 4 pumps on first bottle

BigSWOLE25

BigSWOLE25

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Interesting to see. Ursa major is my favorite supplement. I dose at 4ml which equals 200mgs. If someone is running ursa gel at more than 4mls (280mgs+) I would be intrigued to see their results. About to purchase a bottle now due to members stating it doesn't have a scent. I'm using alpha gel and it doesn't really have a scent either.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting to see. Ursa major is my favorite supplement. I dose at 4ml which equals 200mgs. If someone is running ursa gel at more than 4mls (280mgs+) I would be intrigued to see their results. About to purchase a bottle now due to members stating it doesn't have a scent. I'm using alpha gel and it doesn't really have a scent either.
Let us know how you like it, or should I say Love It ??

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm curious to see if anyone here is as well.

We've had some feedback from people doing it but I don't remember seeing anyone post about it.

The ones that we've gotten feedback from that are doing it really liked it - they were focusing on recomp and endurance.
That’s my plan - once I get a handful more bottles I wanted to run 6 pumps a day to give it a go.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think you'll be very pleased with it.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone dosing this higher than 4 pumps per day?
Yes I think I doubled that dosage and what I noticed, when my diet was a little off, it really kept everything in check so I didn't get any fatter it helped me stay lean.. it's almost like a damage control protocol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes I think I doubled that dosage and what I noticed, when my diet was a little off, it really kept everything in check so I didn't get any fatter it helped me stay lean.. it's almost like a damage control protocol
Nice !

BigSWOLE25

BigSWOLE25

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Is the white residue normal after it dries? Do I need to heat the bottle like other topicals?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is the white residue normal after it dries? Do I need to heat the bottle like other topicals?
No, you don't need to heat the bottle. Just shake it before applying.

If you're seeing a slight white residue, that's nothing to be concerned about.

If you see a very prevalent white, like little fine residue gunked up, that would mean your just rubbing it in a little too much.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, you don't need to heat the bottle. Just shake it before applying.

If you're seeing a slight white residue, that's nothing to be concerned about.

If you see a very prevalent white, like little fine residue gunked up, that would mean your just rubbing it in a little too much.
Every once in a while I see a couple little specks of white on my shins after applying, but like Steve said, that usually only happens if I really rub the gel in good on my legs.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone used this at 4 pumps? I started this underrated product again today.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone used this at 4 pumps? I started this underrated product again today it again today
I've heard feedback from a lot of people that do 4 ml per day; most of them do 2 ml twice per day.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've heard feedback from a lot of people that do 4 ml per day; most of them do 2 ml twice per day.
If the feedback is on here, feel free to link it. Would love to read about an extended run at 4ml per day.

Also am I right in my assessment that 1ml is one press of the pump?