Ursa-Gel Initial Thoughts

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I miss being on ursolic acid, so I figured starting back up today would be a nice little Christmas present to myself :p

Started off today with 2 pumps, 1 pump on the tops of my feet/shins on each side. Consistency is like a cream/lotion. Extremely easy to apply, seems to have dried up to the touch within ~5 minutes. Doesn't have much of a scent at all going on, and theres absolutely zero scent left on the skin once it's dried.

Sitting here about ~2 hours post application and I can already feel that 'running hot' kind of feeling that I've come to expect using ursolic acid. ~20 degrees out and I'm close to starting to sweat haha.

Looking forward to the next few months!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What did you notice running it before ??

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What did you notice running it before ??
Went through quite a bit of Ursa Major earlier this year; feeling like I was 'running hot' became a normal thing, and increased vascularity was very noticeable, especially in spots like my lower quads where I've never really been vascular. Over a longer period of use, increase in endurance in the gym really started to show. I was able to toss in extra sets/new exercises on a regular basis. That feeling of 'I can just keep going'.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Went through quite a bit of Ursa Major earlier this year; feeling like I was 'running hot' became a normal thing, and increased vascularity was very noticeable, especially in spots like my lower quads where I've never really been vascular. Over a longer period of use, increase in endurance in the gym really started to show. I was able to toss in extra sets/new exercises on a regular basis. That feeling of 'I can just keep going'.
Nice, I may have to break mine out in January !

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice, I may have to break mine out in January !
As far as results from a single ingredient, I'd put ursolic acid right up there at the top of things I've used. Really fun stuff.

Gonna be running 3 months worth of TTA-500 followed up by at least 2 months of Urolithin-B along with this Ursa-Gel. Gonna try and make up for some of the holiday eating before summer rolls around :p

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As far as results from a single ingredient, I'd put ursolic acid right up there at the top of things I've used. Really fun stuff.

Gonna be running 3 months worth of TTA-500 followed up by at least 2 months of Urolithin-B along with this Ursa-Gel. Gonna try and make up for some of the holiday eating before summer rolls around :p
Sounds Like A good Plan !

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Slight change of plans: Gonna snag another bottle and bump up my dosage on workout days... gonna do 3mL Mon-Fri, and 2mL on the weekends. On 3mL days, 1mL in the morning, 2mL ~2 hours pre workout later at night. Weekends 1mL morning and night.

The 3mL, giving 210mg of UA, will be the highest I've dosed it.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i have ran over 6 bottles of Prototype Nutrition(patrick arnolds small scale brand) Ur spray. it is tweaked form of ursolic acid (arginine ursolic acetate). supposed to penetrate skin better. ran it for a few months before a beach vacation, results were legit from a fat loss standpoint. no sides noted, maybe slight increase in vascularity. no overt strength gains. muscles were slightly more full. started to really kick in by the 2nd month and plateau by the 3rd.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i have ran over 6 bottles of Prototype Nutrition(patrick arnolds small scale brand) Ur spray. it is tweaked form of ursolic acid (arginine ursolic acetate). supposed to penetrate skin better. ran it for a few months before a beach vacation, results were legit from a fat loss standpoint. no sides noted, maybe slight increase in vascularity. no overt strength gains. muscles were slightly more full. started to really kick in by the 2nd month and plateau by the 3rd.
XPG Ursa-Gel uses Sodium Ursolate for enhanced absorption and best results.

It contains 70 mg. per ml of Sodium Ursolate and 100 ml/100 servings per bottle so its a great value.

Feedback so far has been pretty fast results and great gains in lean muscle, strength, fat loss, and body recomposition.

i think i have spent over $500 on ursolic acid this past year.lol
XPG Ursa-Gel is a great product and a great price.

I think that you could run Ursa-Gel for the whole year for less than that haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree it's a great transdermal. I'm actually stacking it with Apex Ursa. Apex in the AM and XPG in the PM. Will also make both last longer as well. I'm going to add Suppress-C soon I think.
I think that Suppress-C would make for a great stack with Ursa-Gel.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 226750

I miss being on ursolic acid, so I figured starting back up today would be a nice little Christmas present to myself :p

Started off today with 2 pumps, 1 pump on the tops of my feet/shins on each side. Consistency is like a cream/lotion. Extremely easy to apply, seems to have dried up to the touch within ~5 minutes. Doesn't have much of a scent at all going on, and theres absolutely zero scent left on the skin once it's dried.

Sitting here about ~2 hours post application and I can already feel that 'running hot' kind of feeling that I've come to expect using ursolic acid. ~20 degrees out and I'm close to starting to sweat haha.

Looking forward to the next few months!
That sounds like a great Christmas present haha.

Thank you for the details about the consistency and ease of application.

I hope that you'll really enjoy it and look forward to hearing your results.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I can definitely relate to the trying to make up for some lost time before summer rolls around part haha.

I think that Ursa-Gel + TTA-500 is going to be a great stack and Ursa-Gel + Urolithin-B XT should be an awesome one as well.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That sounds like a great Christmas present haha.

Thank you for the details about the consistency and ease of application.

I hope that you'll really enjoy it and look forward to hearing your results.
Can now add; applies just as easy to upper chest/collar bone/shoulder areas as well.

I can definitely relate to the trying to make up for some lost time before summer rolls around part haha.

I think that Ursa-Gel + TTA-500 is going to be a great stack and Ursa-Gel + Urolithin-B XT should be an awesome one as well.
Gotta get ready for slowpitch softball season :p

Excited for the TTA to be back. Thats one of those things I hadn't touched since the days when Coop was around. Can remember really enjoying it way back when.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can now add; applies just as easy to upper chest/collar bone/shoulder areas as well.

Gotta get ready for slowpitch softball season :p

Excited for the TTA to be back. Thats one of those things I hadn't touched since the days when Coop was around. Can remember really enjoying it way back when.
I love TTA myself and am glad that we were finally able to bring it back too.

I've just got to get back in shape in general haha. I hadn't been able to train at all since the accident back in February because I broke my shoulder and destroyed my leg and have been having to learn how to walk again and just within the last 2 months could even raise my leg to take a step sideways, so training hasn't been an option. That combined with the depression from everything led to me just completely letting myself go and eating terrible and gaining a lot of fat and loosing a lot of muscle - so I've got a lot of making up to do and just want to get back into good enough shape that I'm not self conscious to even go anywhere haha.

Thank you for the updated on other application areas. I love the carrier used for Ursa-Gel and love how it applies. It's a great product and I'm surprised that it hasn't gotten more attention here on AM than it has.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The only thing I don't like is that it dries my skin out and leaves a white residue. Also my skin gets irritated easily like a rash with transdermals. Wanted to run this long term butn TDs have never been my friend always a hassle.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only thing I don't like is that it dries my skin out and leaves a white residue. Also my skin gets irritated easily like a rash with transdermals. Wanted to run this long term butn TDs have never been my friend always a hassle.
I think that a lot of people overlook with td's that with the way they work, they have to penetrate the skin and in doing so can lead to some dryness or irritation in some people, especially those of us with sensitive skin.

I have super sensitive skin, I'm one of those people that my skin gets red and splotchy over everything and dries out over everything - I can't even let simple household items like dishwashing detergent touch my skin without it drying my skin out very bad. I've been in a hurry before and washed dishes without gloves on and had my skin dry so bad it cracked from doing that.

I've never had any issues with the XPG topicals, but I always do a few things as precautions bc I am so sensitive to everything.

I always rotate application areas, moisturize the normal application areas with gold bond lotion, and never ever apply anything when my skin is still somewhat wet after a shower. I know that after getting out of a shower is some people's most convenient and favorite time to apply them, but its also when the skin is at its most delicate and sensitive.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Moisturizer is your friend when using transdermal's

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think that a lot of people overlook with td's that with the way they work, they have to penetrate the skin and in doing so can lead to some dryness or irritation in some people, especially those of us with sensitive skin.

I have super sensitive skin, I'm one of those people that my skin gets red and splotchy over everything and dries out over everything - I can't even let simple household items like dishwashing detergent touch my skin without it drying my skin out very bad. I've been in a hurry before and washed dishes without gloves on and had my skin dry so bad it cracked from doing that.

I've never had any issues with the XPG topicals, but I always do a few things as precautions bc I am so sensitive to everything.

I always rotate application areas, moisturize the normal application areas with gold bond lotion, and never ever apply anything when my skin is still somewhat wet after a shower. I know that after getting out of a shower is some people's most convenient and favorite time to apply them, but its also when the skin is at its most delicate and sensitive.

I wait for topicals to dry and then apply this over it:

I use this as the ingredient list has ZERO of the crap in most lotions such as parabens and such.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wait for topicals to dry and then apply this over it: View attachment 227078

I use this as the ingredient list has ZERO of the crap in most lotions such as parabens and such.
I don't apply any lotion right after putting on the td's because its important to remember that we don't necessarily want the lotion to get any td affect from the carrier; so I moisturize the areas that I don't apply it to right then. Like if I normally do inside of biceps, tops of feet, inside of thighs, I rotate the application spots and for example if I'm dosing on the top of my feet, then I'd be moisturizing all the other areas besides that. I hope that makes sense.

I use NOW Foods coconut oil too in addition to the Gold Bond; the reason I don't mention that often is that I just worry about someone with even a slight coconut allergy putting it on top of a TD carrier.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20230112_204411.jpeg

Now that I'm a few weeks in, I'm starting to see how cool the actual bottles for this stuff is. Every time you pump some out, the bottom of the inside starts to 'rise' pushing stuff out. Not the typical removable screw cap kinda pumps. If that makes sense lol. Really cool, because it seems like there will essentially be zero waste!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 227604

Now that I'm a few weeks in, I'm starting to see how cool the actual bottles for this stuff is. Every time you pump some out, the bottom of the inside starts to 'rise' pushing stuff out. Not the typical removable screw cap kinda pumps. If that makes sense lol. Really cool, because it seems like there will essentially be zero waste!
I love the XPG packaging. I like the label look itself and love the airless bottles - like you said, pretty much zero mess and I like the the dosing is metered to provide consistent dosages.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Someone was thinking !!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think those kinds of bottles are relatively common. I haven’t used many TDs, but I think Iconic’s are similar? I know EvoMuse TopMuscle was like that.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think those kinds of bottles are relatively common. I haven’t used many TDs, but I think Iconic’s are similar? I know EvoMuse TopMuscle was like that.
Yep, Iconic's black series + Derma and Sustain are like that.

On another note, going to be trying my first XPG TD soon 👌

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice .. and agree great carrier, XPG is top notch stuff

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
How is the Ursa-gel run going? I really like Ursa Major.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looky looky what the mailman brought
How is the Ursa-gel run going? I really like Ursa Major.
20230122_172614.jpeg

The red and blue looks nice together :cool:

I actually just finished my 1st bottle of the Ursa-Gel yesterday. Enjoying it, on par with my experience with UM. Hitting that point where the endurance benefits are really starting to kick in, find myself adding sets/more exercises. Extra pop in vascularity in the extremities is also quite noticeable at this point. Calves look hilariously vascular even after a quick walk with the doggo haha. Also fun to go for a walk in ~30 degree weather and come back sweating. Love ursolic acid, such fun stuff.

Only a week or so into the Suppress-C, I'll have to put up a thread on that at some point.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been using XPG's CurcuPrime for several weeks now and am really enjoying the benefits !!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have been using XPG's CurcuPrime for several weeks now and am really enjoying the benefits !!
I'm really glad that you're enjoying CurcuPrime Gel. It's a great product and doesn't get nearly enough attention here.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 228549

The red and blue looks nice together :cool:

I actually just finished my 1st bottle of the Ursa-Gel yesterday. Enjoying it, on par with my experience with UM. Hitting that point where the endurance benefits are really starting to kick in, find myself adding sets/more exercises. Extra pop in vascularity in the extremities is also quite noticeable at this point. Calves look hilariously vascular even after a quick walk with the doggo haha. Also fun to go for a walk in ~30 degree weather and come back sweating. Love ursolic acid, such fun stuff.

Only a week or so into the Suppress-C, I'll have to put up a thread on that at some point.
I'm really glad to hear that you're enjoying Ursa-Gel.

I look forward to your thread on Suppress-C too. Great product and so many overall benefits.

XPGels

XPGels

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for posting this thread and I'm really glad that you're enjoying Ursa-Gel and I saw your Suppress-C thread and am glad that you're liking that too. They are a great stack together.

I'm sorry that I'm late to the thread, I do more with the company on the day-to-day operations and sales side of things, but really appreciate everyone that is enjoying our products and letting other people know about them.

XPGels

XPGels

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm really glad to hear that you're liking our CurcuPrime gel. Thank you for the feedback.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Couple months in, still really enjoying this. Have slightly changed up when I put it on; lately I've been putting on all 3 pumps at once, it winds up being like ~4 hours or so before working out. Speaking strictly from an endurance standpoint, UA is really one of my favorite ingredients. That feeling of being able to just keep pushing for lack of a better phrase is really fun, especially at higher doses.

Body temp rise when active can be slightly problematic in the winter though haha... earlier today for example it was about ~35 degrees and I took the doggo for a nice ~4ish mile walk to try and tire her out in preparing of being inside during the snowstorm, I was drenched in sweat. Gets a little uncomfortable when the wind starts blowing the clammy clothes haha.

This bishhh and her natural endurance... best cardio partner ever, never gets tired :p

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha keeping u in shape

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Couple months in, still really enjoying this. Have slightly changed up when I put it on; lately I've been putting on all 3 pumps at once, it winds up being like ~4 hours or so before working out. Speaking strictly from an endurance standpoint, UA is really one of my favorite ingredients. That feeling of being able to just keep pushing for lack of a better phrase is really fun, especially at higher doses.

Body temp rise when active can be slightly problematic in the winter though haha... earlier today for example it was about ~35 degrees and I took the doggo for a nice ~4ish mile walk to try and tire her out in preparing of being inside during the snowstorm, I was drenched in sweat. Gets a little uncomfortable when the wind starts blowing the clammy clothes haha.

This bishhh and her natural endurance... best cardio partner ever, never gets tired :p

View attachment 229634
I'm really glad that you're enjoying Ursa-Gel.

And beautiful doggy.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i agree with the slight increased endurance from ursolic acid that i noticed as well from prototypes transdermal. i never had a sensation of thermogenesis from the product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i agree with the slight increased endurance from ursolic acid that i noticed as well from prototypes transdermal. i never had a sensation of thermogenesis from the product.
A lot of people see really good recomp benefits including fat loss from Ursa-Gel and a lot of people say that they can 'feel' the effect of it, but some people don't get the 'feel' part of the sensation but still report great results on it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am hoping I get the go head on Monday to start training again, if so I will add this immediately !!

XPG.jpg

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bring It On !!

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

View attachment 229634
Hows the Ursa-Gel going? I’ve had a great experience with Ursa Major last year

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hows the Ursa-Gel going? I’ve had a great experience with Ursa Major last year
Still rocking away with 3 pumps on workout days/2 pumps on the weekends. I love Ursolic Acid. Honestly kinda view it as a staple at this point lol. Even from strictly an endurance standpoint, has to be one of my favorite ingredients. Still got 2.5 bottles of Ursa-Gel left after buying more, so no plans on stopping any time soon!

Have also been using 2 caps of Uro-B pre for the past ~month and a half. Pump/fullness and strength gains being the most notable changes. Really great combo IMO.

Last edited:
AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still rocking away with 3 pumps on workout days/2 pumps on the weekends. I love Ursolic Acid. Honestly kinda view it as a staple at this point lol. Even from strictly an endurance standpoint, has to be one of my favorite ingredients. Still got 2.5 bottles of Ursa-Gel left after buying more, so no plans on stopping any time soon!

Have also been using 2 caps of Uro-B pre for the past ~month and a half. Pump/fullness and strength gains being the most notable changes. Really great combo IMO.
I’ve used Ursa Major. Would you say Ursa Gel is of the same quality? Cheers

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve used Ursa Major. Would you say Ursa Gel is of the same quality? Cheers
Other than the consistency of the product itself, UM is more of a gel vs UG being more lotion like, can't really tell a difference between them effects wise.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree it's a great transdermal. I'm actually stacking it with Apex Ursa. Apex in the AM and XPG in the PM. Will also make both last longer as well. I'm going to add Suppress-C soon I think.
I used Apex Ursa at 2ml and 3 ml. Is XPG the same but higher dosed? Not sure how to dose this…