Umbilical Hernia Repair Recovery

shambles22

Awards
Hey all, I recently underwent umbilical Hernia repair surgery in which they sutured me up with abdominal mesh. I'm about a week and a half out and feeling like a bag of **** lol. But really I feel I've lost most of the gains from my most recent cycle and I'm worried about further ****ing up my regimen if I don't get back beneath the iron soon. Has anyone had this procedure done? How'd recovery go? How long before I can push big weight I mostly go for strength>size so losing mass to me ain't no thang but losing strength I'll cry like a little bitch about. Thanks guys.

Ase_james

Awards
I had it done, and another injury that put me out longer. Since you're already using gear... Why not run test and eq on a low dose to keep it? You'll heal faster too.

I try, but will bump it up if I out for an injury. Can't keep the strength, but it helped me with the muscle loss.

I did the lyposcopic surgery and was lifting again in a week. She said 2 weeks and I should be doing all but squats and pullovers.
But if they did the patch from the front, traditional, then it was recommended to go 3 weeks before doing anything that would stress my stomach.

shambles22

Awards
Thanks for your input, I got traditional so I'll probably hold out another week

9thvenom

Awards
I had this done a few years ago, took me a couple of weeks to get back in the gym, and anothef couple of weeks until i was lifting heavy again, on a side note ever since i had the procedure done i cant do any ab work, feels like i get massive cramps in my abs when i do, didnt have that ever prior to surgery.

shambles22

Awards
I had this done a few years ago, took me a couple of weeks to get back in the gym, and anothef couple of weeks until i was lifting heavy again, on a side note ever since i had the procedure done i cant do any ab work, feels like i get massive cramps in my abs when i do, didnt have that ever prior to surgery.
Thanks for the response man. What variety of surgery did you have? The traditional abdominal mesh like me or the lyposcopic type like the other respondent?

Mack19

Awards
2 weeks ??? I had it done about 4yrs ago and there’s no way I would attempt to to workout after 2 weeks why risk reinjuring yourself

shambles22

Awards
2 weeks ??? I had it done about 4yrs ago and there’s no way I would attempt to to workout after 2 weeks why risk reinjuring yourself
Thanks for the feedback. Did you get an abdominal mesh put in? How was your recovery and how long before you felt 100 percent?

Ase_james

Awards
That's strange. I cramp up doing any heavy ab work too... It really shouldn't matter being the work wasn't on the muscles, but the lining.
Thought it was just a weird thing I was going through.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I had a question about this. Not trying to hijack but
I have a bump coming out of my belly button, used to have an inny now it’s kind of an outie. Take up a whole half of my belly button. Causes discomfort sometimes. I showed it to my doc, he said it was nothing to worry about, however that was months ago. I think it’s grown slightly, my belly button is sensitive... I’ve gained weight which I imagine is making it worse. What’s the process of getting this fixed? Is it worth getting fixed? I’ve been out of the gym for a little but am starting back up. I wanna get going heavy soon tho, but I don’t wanna get it fixed and start having problems I didn’t have originally. Can getting it fixed only make it better or are there risks of it getting worse

Mack19

Awards
Thanks for the feedback. Did you get an abdominal mesh put in? How was your recovery and how long before you felt 100 percent?
I decided not to get the mesh because I was told there could be complications with it down the road - the surgery consists of a small incision over my navel I was out of work for 5 weeks just because I do a lot of heavy lifting but if your job isn’t strenuous probably only two weeks - I think I went back to the gym after my 4th week . The next few days after surgery was pretty painful ( I was afraid to sneeze or cough ) but it was definitely worth it

Mack19

Awards
I had a question about this. Not trying to hijack but
I have a bump coming out of my belly button, used to have an inny now it’s kind of an outie. Take up a whole half of my belly button. Causes discomfort sometimes. I showed it to my doc, he said it was nothing to worry about, however that was months ago. I think it’s grown slightly, my belly button is sensitive... I’ve gained weight which I imagine is making it worse. What’s the process of getting this fixed? Is it worth getting fixed? I’ve been out of the gym for a little but am starting back up. I wanna get going heavy soon tho, but I don’t wanna get it fixed and start having problems I didn’t have originally. Can getting it fixed only make it better or are there risks of it getting worse
This sounds just like my situation I’ve always had a littte bit of an outie but I noticed it was getting larger and more sensitive my doctor left it up to me to decide and I went with the surgery and glad I did - your PC will set you up with a surgeon and he will examine you and if he thinks you need surgery he’ll set you up with a date and time - if I were you i would have it done it worked out good for me -

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 0
Injury / Rehab 0
Whorid Injury / Rehab 6
Bigman1292 Injury / Rehab 11
dontsweatme Injury / Rehab 8