Ultimate Diet 2.0 Log - Because Masochist Tendencies Are the Best Types

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
So here we go again.

Ultimate Diet 2.0
Likely the craziest way to lose fat that isn't a PSMF

this is my variant of Ultimate Diet. It is not the same as Lyle McDonald's book but works for ME.

How does this differ?

I am taking an approach more akin to the "Anabolic Diet" by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale, or the original Dan Duchaine books that did more of a ketogenic diet.

My carb loads will be less structured, and I will do keto with 50g carbs or less on my diet "keto" type days, with a focus on very low calories (more than a 50% deficit from Monday to Friday).

Goal is FAST FAT LOSS. I am a fatty now, see photos below.

I thought it may be a good idea to log this, keep myself on point and share the experience.

What?

The Ultimately Diet 2.0 is the next version of what started as "Body Opus" by Dan Duchaine.

Dan was ahead of his time in the health and nutrition field and also wrote the original "Ultimate Diet" which his friend and colleague Lyle McDonald decided to tweak.

The end result? An original ten day diet compressed into seven days, packaged and sold as the "Ultimate Diet 2.0“

• It is a cyclical carbohydrate based diet
  • It is not for practically anyone
  • It is meant for people in shape and lean to get leaner*
  • You can grow lean muscle and lose fat at the same time on the diet
* I am not as lean as Lyle recommends for this diet, however I don't like boring steady slow diets and have done this in the past to great success.

How?

You train very specifically several times a week.
During the week you will complete

• One or two carbohydrate/glycogen depletion workouts
  • A pre carb load tension workout
  • a heavy duty power workout
  • Cardio is optional
You also cycle calories and carbohydrates. one day on the diet you eat as much as 1000+ grams carbs

That is right, you'll carb load that high or higher. It is based on your body weight but the point is that

• Creating a large deficit and restricting carbs sets up a unique environment for your body
  • The body doesn't catch up to the carb load to store fat due to your exercise and macros for fat loss
  • You can burn fat through the carb load and only store all those carbs in muscle.
So this is CKD, so what?

Yes, it's a CKD but it's very specific and targeted in terms of calories.

About Me

36 years old, training for a long time. Lost a lot of chances to "get huge" due to having a fear of getting fat, and now training for fitness and aesthetic looks, as in I don't care if I am massive.

Starting weight of 177.x lbs (I'll do photos at a point in the future, after this introduction post).

Goal weight of 165 lbs carb filled.

Questions? Let me know.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. I'll get in on this.

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
Sweet. I'll get in on this.
Cool, glad someone is interested.

I need to update later on today with the progress of the first 3 days.
I hope I can update it daily. I will see how it goes being that I will do most of the log from my phone.

Should be great.

Sneak preview, I am down 4 lbs in 2 days from the glycogen depletion workouts

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
subbed... this is like the 10th one of these that someone has started and nobody ever actually continues their log haha. Hopefully this is lucky 11?

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
subbed... this is like the 10th one of these that someone has started and nobody ever actually continues their log haha. Hopefully this is lucky 11?

I had a log on bodybuilding dot com that was around thirty pages long last time I did it.

Challenge accepted!

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
FIRST TWO DEPLETION WORKOUTS DONE

So I completed the first two depletion workouts on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.
They are absolutely painfully brutal and the fact that I finished them is crazy to start with.

If it were not for cardarine, I suspect that I would have stood less of a chance at finishing.

CALORIES EATEN

The first three days of the week are low calorie days. Actually the first FOUR. So I am eating at 1400 calories a day, with 20% carbs, 1.2g/lb protein and the rest fat, however I am not worried about the macros as much as I am for the number. Since we are going to eat a giant carb load on friday, we generally do not see the bad effects of these numbers on this diet.

depletion workout.JPG

Two Options for These Workouts

You can do this on two days, or you can do one long workout. I have done one long workout before and it took me around 2+ hours, but it was probably one of the craziest things I ever did.

This is what the depletion workouts do

They basically do what they should, deplete your muscle glycogen and make you lighter.
These stats may go back UP as I forgot to dose mk-677 yesterday, so I may have lost some water weight that this always seem to make me retain, but that is good because I know I am getting depleted.

20771642_1524889524238486_810963345_o.png

bf.png

WHAT IS NEXT?

Today is a slow and steady state cardio day.
I am exhausted, and have not slept well the past few nights. I have a lot of anxiety as a loved one is in Asia and North Korean missiles are not exactly very accurate.

The real world. Yep.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
so you're also on mk and gw? how long have you been on those?

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
so you're also on mk and gw? how long have you been on those?
Gw just started last week only using for 4 weeks to try and accelerate fat loss.

MK same however I ran mk 677 for three months last spring into the summer.

Otherwise no more sarms (which those aren't really). The suppression isn't worth it and the "gainzzz" are marginal at best I find.

I've run lgd-4033 myself and didn't like the after effects, low energy etc.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I'll add that I am super skeptical to the fat loss effects of GW... Cardio aside, I want to see the fat loss effects more than cardio.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Friday August 11. Diet Day and Carb Load Start in Evening

Slept much better last night, and woke up today up 2 lbs.
I expected as much, because I remembered to take my dose of MK 677 yesterday, which should help me hold onto water weight.

Additionally, my heavy drop in weight from yesterday had a lot to do with adjusting to the diet. I had some upset stomach and used the bathroom a lot more than I would have liked, so dropped most of my stomach contents.

This was not the case today. Feeling much better in the stomach, so I am sure that I am holding more water.

Walking to Work

The temperature was 108 F yesterday but will drop to 104 F today. I will take this opportunity to walk to and from work today. It is 2.340 miles in one direction, so a round trip of around 4.6 miles.

The book recommends that I do fasted AM cardio, but I will do this instead of hitting the gym.

Intermittent Fasting

Somehow I did not mention in the first post that I am using fasting to get through this diet. I am also developing a website based on fasting principles and fat loss that will be more generally targeted to everyone (vs just the bodybuilding crowd) as I do this diet.

I did not mention it, likely because I have been eating this way for years and it just how I am at this point in time.

So there is that, I am fasting, eating twice a day. Once when I break my fast and absolutely have to eat because I can't stand it (this is usually around the 18 hour mark), and once in the evening.

However today I will fast through the day until the tension workout pre-carb load. This will be challenging based on the amount of walking I am doing I am sure.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll add that I am super skeptical to the fat loss effects of GW... Cardio aside, I want to see the fat loss effects more than cardio.
Yeah gw wasn't for me. I bloated so bad that it was painful.

Cardarine I enjoyed but it was brutal on too low of carbs for me. At the time I was training for a half marathon and I was so lethargic through the days that it was a struggle. Once I added more carbs to my diet it was great but I never saw any real endurance benefits from it. Just the carb usage aspects I liked.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Yeah gw wasn't for me. I bloated so bad that it was painful.

Cardarine I enjoyed but it was brutal on too low of carbs for me. At the time I was training for a half marathon and I was so lethargic through the days that it was a struggle. Once I added more carbs to my diet it was great but I never saw any real endurance benefits from it. Just the carb usage aspects I liked.
I'm sure you meant that MK wasn't for you to do to the bloating.

Honestly, the first 3 days of the diet I did some combination of walking to work and driving.

Based on a pretty accurate pedometer app I probably burned a thousand calories during the walking periods and being on my feet all day at work.

That coupled with the ridiculously long arduous workouts, and the car during I probably overdid things.

Today I'm ridiculously tired, to the point where I wanted to quit today but I'm not quitting.

I'm just going to have to watch myself next week and drive to work more than I walk.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm sure you meant that MK wasn't for you to do to the bloating.

Honestly, the first 3 days of the diet I did some combination of walking to work and driving.

Based on a pretty accurate pedometer app I probably burned a thousand calories during the walking periods and being on my feet all day at work.

That coupled with the ridiculously long arduous workouts, and the car during I probably overdid things.

Today I'm ridiculously tired, to the point where I wanted to quit today but I'm not quitting.

I'm just going to have to watch myself next week and drive to work more than I walk.
Yep meant mk.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Saturday Morning - After Start of Carb Load

Woke up today at 178.4, which is up 3+ lb from yesterday, however do not feel fatter, simply heavier. That is the hallmark if a successful start to the carb loading phase.

Yesterdays Pre Workout Training

These are mainly machine based workouts. The point is not to look cool, but to be controlled with time under tension of the lifts.

it is not a lot, but you still feel like ass afterwards.
tension workout.JPG

Rest of Today

To minimize my time feeling tired, I will stick to fasting for today. It is not optimal according to lyle, but he also suggests strategically using caffeine through the day.

I quit caffeine that is not in chocolate (naturally occurring) July 2nd, and I won't start again for some diet. Therefore I will just do what I need to in order to push through the day, and will take some glucose disposal agent that I have this evening when I eat to ensure maximal muscle minimal fat spillover.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any reason for stopping caffiene or just taking a temporary stim break?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am in. I like it already. You better stick to this. I double the challenge.
hairygrandpa SFreed FireTitan BEAST73 Studhorse...eh, wth? Can one if gmyou guys do the honors with the list?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hairygrandpa SFreed FireTitan BEAST73 Studhorse...eh, wth? Can one if gmyou guys do the honors with the list?
bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz DemntedCowboy ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan hairygrandpa Dirty Dan Jebrook Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso lukehayd cwages

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz DemntedCowboy ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan hairygrandpa Dirty Dan Jebrook Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso lukehayd cwages
I knew I could count on you.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, heyyyy.

:afro:

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't like it here. He is not chubby enough.
Watching an already lean dude getting leaner is like self flagellation.

...okay, I stay a bit. Just to see if he fails and gets fatter instead -like me when I'm cutting...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
please dont turn this into a complete derailed thread... a log like this is gonna be impossible for anyone to read if you have to go through 5 pages of crap to get to actual posts...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
please dont turn this into a complete derailed thread... a log like this is gonna be impossible for anyone to read if you have to go through 5 pages of crap to get to actual posts...
I understand the concern here - but in addition to being MASTER derailers, these guys are also the best when it comes to support. A fact that is easily missed when they are so good at creating such train wrecks. When I did the PSMF, these guys and others on here (such as yourself Booneman77) kept me in line.

Plus I figure it will show the OP that people are watching, and it will show them that at least SOMEONE isn't getting fatter while they diet. Seeing the hard work should do us all some good!

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
THAT RESPONSE THO...

The response here is a little over the top guys. That is nuts. I will do my best to keep it updated.
I am going back into the gym today.

The sledgehammer Approach to the diet

I should note that in the past I have done this diet successfully. I basically made it my own version of the CKD and used the same calorie outlines that Lyle has in the book, with a little more of a twist on things.

For example, instead of punishing myself with a stupid amount of depletion workouts, I just keep carbs very low and pushed through until the weekends. I used the weekends less as a one day carb binge and more like a 2 day carb load.

This could be considered "Not the Ultimate Diet" however Lyle did make this the follow up to Body Opus and the original Ultimate Diet book, which were ten day cycles (for Body Opus) and seven days for the original UD.

In those books though, the carb loads were always longer.

I simply hate the short cycle here.

Options For Those That Hate the Timing

You do have options if you want to change the cycle length.
Make the cycle different lengths if you want, or keep it the same, but either way.

As for me I am trying to stick too it best I can guys.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I don't like it here. He is not chubby enough.
Watching an already lean dude getting leaner is like self flagellation.

...okay, I stay a bit. Just to see if he fails and gets fatter instead -like me when I'm cutting...
I have some severe body issues, so heading "already lean dude" there is pretty nice, however I feel fat all the time. At least for me.
Years ago I got very lean this way.
I will see what I can do to get there again.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
LOGS WILL BE IN RED TO DIFFERENTIATE CHATTER FROM MY OFFICIAL DAILY POSTS.

LOG FOR 8/15/2017

For whatever reason, I stopped getting replies. I was under the impression that no one was all that interesting. So here we are, with a crazy response. That is nice indeed.

So over the weekend, I had to suspend the diet for a few days, this happened after the carb load and I did not gain much fat. If anything I have still lost some fat and I am going to be fine, just fine.

Today will be a depletion workout day, and that is a long assed workout.

I will be trying to go the full distance and get ALL THE DEPLETION into one workout. Heaven help me, this is not fun and I did it before in the past.

Tweaking This Weeks Activity Levels

Last week I did far too much walking. I was foolishly trying to increase my TDEE with around 5 miles walking extra a day. My usual day has me around 10,000-15,000 steps already.

I am using a great pedometer app that has a delay before it starts to count steps. Meaning that you cant just jiggle this thing and get steps that are not steps. Ten steps and THEN it starts counting, which I like.

This had me as high as 22,000-25,000 steps last week. It was just plain stupid, imho and it hurt me big time over the course of the week. I had terrible terrible energy levels and wanted to quit too many times.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I understand the concern here - but in addition to being MASTER derailers, these guys are also the best when it comes to support. A fact that is easily missed when they are so good at creating such train wrecks. When I did the PSMF, these guys and others on here (such as yourself Booneman77) kept me in line.

Plus I figure it will show the OP that people are watching, and it will show them that at least SOMEONE isn't getting fatter while they diet. Seeing the hard work should do us all some good!
This is a reason i came back to this log. Good point.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Btw, what is this list? I am a lurker here for years and just started posting recently.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Any reason for stopping caffiene or just taking a temporary stim break?
Yes.

I have always had an addictive personality, and caffeine got out of control with me. I found myself at 1.5grams a day which is enough to seriously damage most people, and IMHO was responsible for massive effects on my adrenals, personality, sense of well being, anxiety level and even sense of SMELL (caffeine leeches zinc, zinc causes sense of smell... These are facts).

I was so tired every day that I thought that I had bigger problems, but when I stopped it, after around ten days I felt like a new person and it has been around a month and a half with the only caffeine coming form chocolate and I have not looked back at all.

I could elaborate but I don't see myself ever going back to caffeine in the same way ever again.

I find myself also very sensitive to any sort of stimulants. Every pre workout BCAA's (no caffeine content) I purchased are causing me to get a dizzy buzz these days.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, what is this list? I am a lurker here for years and just started posting recently.
It's just a list of names we use for tag purposes whenever someone does a log. Copy & Paste for a large number of names is just easier than typing in the multiple people. Works, but has some issues at this point. Some people missing, others that aren't active are still on it.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm very interested in your diet. Seems like an extremely detailed approach, and in fact reminds me of following a HIT4ME log, another person who is a lot more intelligent regarding dieting than I am.

I'll definitely be following along, but probably won't have much to add. Maybe an occasional question, due to my ignorance. Which I will probably text HIT4ME for the answer.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
I'm very interested in your diet. Seems like an extremely detailed approach, and in fact reminds me of following a HIT4ME log, another person who is a lot more intelligent regarding dieting than I am.

I'll definitely be following along, but probably won't have much to add. Maybe an occasional question, due to my ignorance. Which I will probably text HIT4ME for the answer.
Please do ask me.
I am doing this to cut fat because 1. I need to get leaner to be happy with myself and 2. I am developing an intermittent fasting website and I need to have the ability to not look like **** there, and 3. I am going on a trip overseas in January where it is a tropical island and need to look great.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Last post, not diet related.
I purchased this for the Switch today, and this is OLD MAN HEAVEN.

Anyone else down with the 16 bit era? You need this NOW.

sonicmania00_0.png

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
What did you do to yourself to deserve this punishment?

Just kidding. I'm in. This looks INSANE.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This.

OP you roped me in sir.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
THAT RESPONSE THO...

The response here is a little over the top guys. That is nuts. I will do my best to keep it updated.
I am going back into the gym today.

The sledgehammer Approach to the diet

I should note that in the past I have done this diet successfully. I basically made it my own version of the CKD and used the same calorie outlines that Lyle has in the book, with a little more of a twist on things.

For example, instead of punishing myself with a stupid amount of depletion workouts, I just keep carbs very low and pushed through until the weekends. I used the weekends less as a one day carb binge and more like a 2 day carb load.

This could be considered "Not the Ultimate Diet" however Lyle did make this the follow up to Body Opus and the original Ultimate Diet book, which were ten day cycles (for Body Opus) and seven days for the original UD.

In those books though, the carb loads were always longer.

I simply hate the short cycle here.

Options For Those That Hate the Timing

You do have options if you want to change the cycle length.
Make the cycle different lengths if you want, or keep it the same, but either way.

As for me I am trying to stick too it best I can guys.
Ummm...us? Over the top? Naaaahhh. Ok. Maybe a little.

But you promised pain. YOUR pain (and maybe some suffering? It was inferred). Of course we are here to watch that. Best sales pitch EVER.

I think there are some keys to successful dieting and the biggest is just getting yourself to WANT it. If you can do that, you will be successful even if you do everything else "wrong".

Get a list of different meals you can have worked out and try to make things as convenient as possible. Most of our dieting downfalls come because we get in a situation where we are not prepared and it is easier to have junk than what yo planned.

Yeah, if you want to call someone into a thread, mention them by putting the @ before their name. We have a list if these names for some people...it is never quite complete...but...

Yes. He is basing his diet on a Lyle MacDonald diet...which is exactly what I did. Ultimate Diet is pretty rough. I have never done it. It seems a little more complicated than the PSMF and almost as harsh.

Also, SFreed - lemme get two things straight. You have a question, get a flat tire, or need $50 - you text me anytime. I don't have many friends. To me, getting a text is like how most people feel when they have a surprise birthday party.

Second. You are one of the most underrated people on here and you are a huge conteibutor. The memes alone are gonna be worth it. Even if we aren't allowed to derail....

Last post, not diet related.
I purchased this for the Switch today, and this is OLD MAN HEAVEN.

Anyone else down with the 16 bit era? You need this NOW.

View attachment 153390
Oh man. Those were the good days. Genesis was awesome. Totally rad.

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Ps4, Xbox one, switch and pc.
It's a mix of the retro games and new levels and it's in 1080p at 60 frames per second.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes.

I have always had an addictive personality, and caffeine got out of control with me. I found myself at 1.5grams a day which is enough to seriously damage most people, and IMHO was responsible for massive effects on my adrenals, personality, sense of well being, anxiety level and even sense of SMELL (caffeine leeches zinc, zinc causes sense of smell... These are facts).

I was so tired every day that I thought that I had bigger problems, but when I stopped it, after around ten days I felt like a new person and it has been around a month and a half with the only caffeine coming form chocolate and I have not looked back at all.

I could elaborate but I don't see myself ever going back to caffeine in the same way ever again.

I find myself also very sensitive to any sort of stimulants. Every pre workout BCAA's (no caffeine content) I purchased are causing me to get a dizzy buzz these days.
very odd on the bcaa front... i almost wonder if its simply a "sugar rush" from some of the sweetners used to flavor them

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Today's dinner. I'll explain my eating later on.
6 pc turkey bacon
230 g egg white
1 whole egg
4 low carb wraps (carb chopper brand) and a mix of powdered peanut butter and and whey as a spread.
rps20170815_204332.jpg

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
very odd on the bcaa front... i almost wonder if its simply a "sugar rush" from some of the sweetners used to flavor them
Not sure. It was this.
It also gave my buddy who also lifts the same issues today. Isn't just me.

I can't link yet. Google nubreed helix bcaa

helixpanel.png