Ultimate Diet 2.0 - A Mini-Log (kinda)

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
so yesterday was my second carb up. i figured i would do the normal anabolic minds routine and try to update my progress along the way.

how its all going down.
starting weight (2 weeks ago): 206-208
starting bf:~13-14%
maintenance cals: ~3000-3200
low cal days: 1600-1800 cals
30 hour carb up: 1400 grams of carbs

schedule.
tues-thurs: low cal, depletion workouts on tues and wed, and fasted morning cardio thurs morning
friday: hypertrophy workout in the morning around 9am, followed by carb up til saturday afternoon. pre workout meal is scoop of whey isolate and a banana.
sun-mon: maintenance cals, power workout sunday, and cardio sometime on monday

supps:
primaforce yohimbine - pre workout or pre fasted cardio
NP TEAGCG - 3 caps per day (not used on carb up days)
NP Coleus - 3 caps per day (not used on carb up days)
Centrum Multi - 1 with breakfast
XTEND - 4-6 scoops during power workout
**new** creatine monohydrate caps - 5 grams post workout friday, and 15 grams spreadout over saturday taken with meals. and another 5 grams preworkout on sunday.
**new** i will be adding drive into the mix in a couple weeks. ill give more details when i figure out how i wanna dose it and stuff.

goals: get down as low in bf as i can until im tired of the diet. however, i will be following lyles advice in the book and take a couple weeks off after 8 weeks of the diet.
things to note: current state of my shoulder does not allow for benching, shoulder pressing, and various other exercises.

for chest i do low cable flyes, and one arm cable presses (starting position is just under my chest with arm at my side, ending position is straight ahead, similar to motion of close grip bench, but palm is facing inward. takes pressure off the joint, and allows for good stimulation of my front delt and chest.)

for shoulders i have been sticking to side raises, upright rows, chest exercises mentioned above, as well as face pulls via rope attachment.

and here are week 2 progress pictures:

questions, comments, concerns, all are so very very welcome.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed! Nice back/traps bro!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
tonight ill get some posts going. mainly to outline each of my workouts, and a pretty general day by day breakdown for meals.

my carb up is tmrw. hypertrophy workout will be around 3-4pm. with lots and lots of carb ygoodness to follow.

tonight im doing a final depletion workout, but only half of the normal one. im not feeling nearly as drained as the last couple weeks, do it will be 2-3 sets of 15-18 reps per body part, followed by 15 mins or so of incline treadmill.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good, man. What foods do you have planned for the carb-up tomorrow?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
pasta (w/w and regular), sweet potatoes topped with brown sugar and smart balance butter, some kashi cereal with skim milk, frozen yogurt, and whatever my aunt is making tmrw night for dinner. shes italian and her husband is japanese, and they usually just make a grip of stuff to eat, no theme haha.

post workout is 2 scoops whey and 60g gatorade and another 75-100g WMS (not in the same drink of course). then 1.5 hrs later will be meal 1, and another meal a few hrs after that. then saturday will be 6 meals of about 120-150 grams of carbs a piece. ill give more detail when i break each day down.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love this diet/training! I pretty much live on this unless I'm hardcore bulking. Having said that it doesnt really look like your following the training protocol that's outlined in the book.

Your only training 3 days a week? His outline would be more:

Mon: Full body (or upper only) sets of 15 reps or 90seconds TUT
Tues: Same (or lower only)
Wed: off or cardio
Thurs: Depletion workout (begin carb load)
Fri: off
Sat: Strength/power workout
Sun: off (begin to taper down carbs)

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
take another look.

tues and wed are depletion workouts.

friday is hypertrophy workout.

sunday is power workout.

i have everything shifted ahead. im pretty much following his exact guideline, especially on the workouts. im actually responding very well to the higher rep stuff.

and i think i could live off this diet too. its effin easy! ive got the low cal days dialed in so that i dont go TOO hungry. and the rest is just plain ol' fun.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're looking at the modified version of UD 2.0. Not what's outlined in the main section of the book. This is what you're following:

Although I feel that the UD2 is close to optimal the way it's currently set up, there are a
few situations where you may want to make some slight adjustments to it.
Modifications to the UD2 for fat loss
There are times that the main UD2 schedule may need to be adjusted even for fat loss. I
mentioned one example in the last chapter: folks who find that the carb-load wipes them out (by
causing fluctuating energy levels) may wish to move the entire cycle forward to put the carb-load
on Saturday.
That would make the schedule look like this:
Training Diet
Tuesday/Wednesday: Depletion Low-carb/low-calorie
Thursday/Friday AM: Cardio Low-carb/low-calorie
Friday PM: High intensity Begin carb-load
Saturday: No training Carb-load
Sunday: Power workout Diet variable
Monday: No training/cardio Diet variable

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either way I'm sure it's effective. I sure as hell wouldnt put myself through two depletion workouts. They are hell!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
i like it. my hypertrophy workout last week was BRUTAL. felt like passing out after almost every set. it was kinda awesome haha.

yeah im kind of in the groove of everything now. i had to switch up the schedule cuz i work on thursdays til 4-5, then have class at 7-10pm. i tried lifting between work and school, and sipping on whey+wms during class, then another meal before bed, but didnt workout very well. was just too jumbled and rushed.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're looking at the modified version of UD 2.0. Not what's outlined in the main section of the book. This is what you're following:
I do it the modified way too so I can drink/party on friday night... smart, maybe not but oh well

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Nutrition - Days Broken Down

alright. ive got some time to kill tonight, so i figure why not spend it updating the log.

Let me give a breakdown of my meals for each day.

Tues-Thurs:
(if workout out in morning) 7am 1 scoop whey in water
730am workout
9am muscle milk and a oatmeal protein bar from the gym or 1 scoop whey in 1 cup skim milk and spoonful of peanut butter
1pm 8 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brocolli, 1 tbsp evoo
5pm same as 1pm meal
9pm 2 4 oz lean ground beef patties, 1 cup brocolli, spoonful of pb
bed around 11 or 1130.

Friday
9am 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites scrambled, organic ketchup on top, 1 slice ezekial low gi bread with smart balance spread
1230pm 8 oz chicken breast, evoo and parmesan cheese
4pm 2 cups skim milk
5pm hypertrophy workout
630 pm 3 scoops gatorade powder, 100g wms, 2 scoops whey, not all mixed together
830pm madness
1030-11pm more madness

Saturday
all day madness. essentially, 120-150g carbs every 2-3 hrs. not being too too specific, as long as i get that amount every couple hours til bed time. generally wake up around 9am and in bed by around 1230 or 1am.

Sunday
9am 2 scoops whey, 1.5 cups skim mik, 3/4 cup ground oats
10am power workout
12pm 8 oz oven "fried" chicken, 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1tbsp evoo
3pm same as 12pm meal
6pm steak, sweet potatoes, veggies
10pm sludge - 2 scoops pb cup whey, big spoonful of pb, add water til a pudding texture, then freeze for 20 minutes.
bed around 1130

Monday
9am 1.5 scoops whey in 1.5 cup skim, 1tbsp evoo
12pm 8 oz chicken breast with veggies and tbsp evoo
3pm same as 12pm
6pm steak and shrimp, veggies
10pm sludge
bed around 1130.

these are all sample meals, and essentially every week looks about the same in terms of nutritional amounts and everything.

ive also made a few changes to supplements in post #1.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Training - Days Broken Down

Tues and Wed
Full body. Routine is done twice, meaning 2 rounds of 3 sets for each body part. Every exercise is done for 15 reps, 3 sets, 60-90 sec rest between sets.

*Round 1
Leg press/leg curls
One arm d-handle chest press
Close-grip pull ups or pull downs
DB side raises
EZ bar curls
Cable push downs
Standing calf raises

*Round 2
Lunges
One arm low cable flyes
One arm low cable rows
DB rear laterals
One arm cable curls
One arm reverse grip cable push downs
Standing calf raises

Friday
Every exercise gets 10-12 reps for 3 sets, with about 90-120 sec rest in between.

Leg press/Leg Curls -OR- Weighted Lunges
Standing calf raises
One arm cable chest presses -SS- one arm high cable rows
One arm low cable fly -SS- one arm low cable rows (only 1-2 sets of 10-12)
DB side raises
EZ Bar curls -OR- Low cable curls
Skull crushers -OR- one arm rope push downs

Saturday
Every exercise is done for 2-6 reps. no real time limit on rest, but its not like 5 minutes between sets or anything ridiculous.

Deads -OR- squats -OR- leg press
weighted close grip pull ups
one arm cable chest press
db shrugs
upright rows (depends on if my shoulder is feeling up to it :worried: )
EZ bar curls
Some form of cable push downs

*it probably seems like my workouts are recycled, and repetitive, and thats exactly what they are. Right now, i have some shoulder complications, and for chest, back, tris, and bis, these are what i have found cause no pain, or very little discomfort. And, as of right now, they are actually causing some growth, so i am definitely not looking for any changes.

The creatine mono loading has helped a lot just the two carb ups it has been implemented it. I have noticed a huge increase in my strength on those first 4-5 reps. This is also completely foreign to me as i have never responded to CM like this.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
just got back from my hypertrophy workout. went quite swell.

abs are more visible, primarily the top 4. lower stomach is still pretty soft. arms, delts, back, all a lot leaner. vascularity was rdiculous. i was getting the anaconda going from my lower bicep into my front delt. ronnie coleman style haha.

right now im sippin on 4 scoops watermelon xtend, and about 130 grams of wms. also ive been loading creatine mono during my carb ups the past couple of weeks. pretty noticeable increase in strength for those first few reps.

3 more weeks of this, then ill 'cruise' at like 3200 cals per day for a couple weeks, then ill hop back on the diet.

used blue heat for the first time tonight and it was seriously awesome. instant warming, and huge decrease in discomfort. used it on my left knee, bicep, and shoulder, and on both of my elbows. it also smells exactly the same as viks vapor rub, which i happen to enjoy

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you've got this locked down good. Awesome sounding workout...That's a lot of WMS! How do you respond to that stuff? I've been taking 60g intra-wo with some BC+EAA and SLIN.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you've got this locked down good. Awesome sounding workout...That's a lot of WMS! How do you respond to that stuff? I've been taking 60g intra-wo with some BC+EAA and SLIN.
in state of carb depletion, im like a damn sponge haha. ive been gettin real life food pumps.

i like it tho. gatorade messes with my stomach. a lot. ive been using it intra workout for my power workout. mixed with xtend and creatine mono. but only about 70g. only reason i use that much is because thats what the diet calls for. actually i think it calls for LBM in grams for carbs post hypertrophy workout. but ive been responding well with a little lower than that.

i might pick up some slin to use during those 'cruise' weeks. how are you liking it? and what carbs has it been working best with?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love SLIN, and it really seems to work great with complex sources like sweet potatoes and whole wheat pasta, but I also dump a few caps into my intra-wo drink and use it that way.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
just had my preworkout meal. 1.5 scoops cinnabun wpi in 1 cup milk, and 2 packets of quick oats in water, and 5 grams creatine mono.

power workout today. will probably do front squats, and work a litle on back squat form, and see how my knee feels. then close grip pull ups. last week i got bw+30lbs for 4 clean reps. today im gonna shoot for 35 or 40.

going to sip on 4 scoops xtend, 75 grams wms, and 5 grams creatine mono intra workout.

will report back with my results.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
weighed in this morning at 200 even. pretty consistent with this weight every week, varying from 199-201 on the morning before my carb up.

will have my hypertrophy workout tonight, around 6, then the fun begins.

im all out of np coleus, and only one or 2 days worth of np teagcg left. however, i will start my bottle of over drive beginning on sunday. ill update the supp section on post 1 to reflect this. in the past, drive kicks in for me around day 10, so will be just in time for some reallllll good progress during my cruisin week @ maintenance cals.

also, alpha burn will be added, along with some NOW super enzymes.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
just went shopping for my carb up. heres the list:

2 boxed of barilla whole wheat spaghetti
1 bag fresh sweet potatoes, cubed
1.3 lb 90/10 ground beef
1 package of crab meat
1 package of hawaiian roles
1 box of fruity pebbles
1/2 gallon of organic chocolate milk
1 kashi mushroom and spinach pizza

plus i have some chicken breasts to cook. and ill probably throw in a couple double doubles and some animal fries from in n out tonight. looks like it will be a great night and great day tmrw.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just went shopping for my carb up. heres the list:

2 boxed of barilla whole wheat spaghetti
1 bag fresh sweet potatoes, cubed
1.3 lb 90/10 ground beef
1 package of crab meat
1 package of hawaiian roles
1 box of fruity pebbles
1/2 gallon of organic chocolate milk
1 kashi mushroom and spinach pizza

plus i have some chicken breasts to cook. and ill probably throw in a couple double doubles and some animal fries from in n out tonight. looks like it will be a great night and great day tmrw.
yummmmmmmmmm

I forgot about sugary cereals. Apple Jacks, FTW! Back when I was a juice-monster, Apple Jacks were actually a part of my Post-workout meal...I was a pretty beastly 18yo. It wouldn't be as impressive right now, but I was a big teen.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
alrighty, so i decided to do my 2 week break a little early. im feeling a bit burned out in terms of training, so im gonna use my two week wisely.

diet will be variable, mostly lower carb, around 100-150 per day, all complex.

training will be fasted cardio a couple times a week, and something similar to the hypertrophy workout mon wed and fri. however, i wont be traininging this first week til wed after work. so total of 5 sessions. wont be going too crazy with it. will put most emphasis on my legs, try to give my shoulder a bit of a break. ill also be doign my shoulder rehab stuff every day, maybe twice if im bored.

when i start it up again in 2 weeks, i will be conforming to the exact diet in the book, friday being the carb up and the week starting on monday. now that summer is here, i aint got nothin but time baby :)

also, drive dosage started yesterday (sunday). 6 caps per day, first thing in the morning, and per workout, or whatever the day throws at my. 2 doses per day every day. will bump to 8 per day after a few weeks. that was my sweet spot last time.

dcp and/or eviscerate will also be added in sometime in the near future. been doing some reading on topical yohimbine and dcp, and i think this diet is perfect for these two things.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you thought of that SNS RK-500 Extreme stuff? That would be nice to add in.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Have you thought of that SNS RK-500 Extreme stuff? That would be nice to add in.
if its in stock when i place my order, ill probably do it. i think i may grab some CEL form too. unfortunately i probably wont be getting it from np. saddens me, but i would much rather save that 7-8 bucks. maybe not tho. if the order gets free shipping, i might get it at np.

so new supps will be (definitive):
eviscerate
drive
alpha burn
t-911

supps that are gone:
teagcg
coleus
yohimbine

sounds fun. and i think libido will be redlining haha

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if its in stock when i place my order, ill probably do it. i think i may grab some CEL form too. unfortunately i probably wont be getting it from np. saddens me, but i would much rather save that 7-8 bucks. maybe not tho. if the order gets free shipping, i might get it at np.

so new supps will be (tentatively):
eviscerate
drive
alpha burn
formestane

supps that are gone:
teagcg
coleus
yohimbine

sounds fun. and i think libido will be redlining haha
Gave you a lil respkie comment. Make sure to check it out.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
updated the above post. decided to go with t-911 instead of formestane. what i can gather, it will be more bang for my buck. plus i had the blessing of IC before i ordered.

UD 2.0 resumes on monday. will be using the traditional format, exactly how its layed out in the book.

mon-thurs low cal
thurs night hypertrophy workout, then carb up following
fri carb up
sat variable and power workout
sun variable

really looking forward to using eviscerate and alpha burn. drive has already kicked in for me. notcied it during my workout last night. rest time is easily kept short, and strength is increased on the higher rep sets.

and of course, how could i forget, libido has increased.

and here is a picture of my lovely little lady all sprawled out on the grass.