Ultimate Cutting Diet vs Eating however the F you want in a dfct

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I came across this diet on a blog. Not sure if I can say where... (dont know this forums rules on that type of stuff)

Anyways, it outlines his guideline for the diet and some explanations. I guess I'm just curious if it's all worth it. I will probably follow the idea of a "refeed" at maintenance every 6-12 days, anyway, but there is alot more to it. Carb timing mainly. Now, my question is for muscle preservation, or maybe even slight growth?? I know I can lose fat any way I want if I'm at a deficit. I just want to maximize muscle retention or may e build a little along the way.

I've been working out seriously for a year now. However, sadly, 9 months of that was upper body only. Yeah, spank me. Saying that, noob gains is basically over, maybe some left on my lower body.

Planning a 3 month cut, starting April. Hope to lose 10-15lbs. Just for reference, I've gained 15lbs since my bulk started in Nov, so I'm hoping to get back around that same weight, but be bigger and leaner than last time.

This is only my 2nd cut. The first cut was successful once I figured out my calories correctly. I started with too low of a deficit. I ended up losing ~10lbs in 3 months. I tried Keto for a few weeks, but I was just too lazy to prepare keto friendly lunches while at work. I did lose a little strength, despite not cutting very drastically at all. I'm hoping to retain most, if not all, this time. Due to my lack of total time working lower body, I'm still hoping to gain a little strength in legs while I cut this time.

FWIW, I'm doing the "Ice Cream Fitness" Novice 5x5. He has changed some of it to 2 or 3x8 for people dieting though. I like the idea of keeping the weight heavy though. I am undecided if I will stay or this routine as 5x5, alter the rep/sets or just move to 5/3/1. Then I wonder, is it even worth moving to 5/3/1 for only 3 months? That is kind of a slow program. I intend on going back to this current 5x5 afterwards, regardless. I feel I'm still a novice and can milk it for a little more. I squat 230x5, DL 270x5, bench 205x5 and OHP 125x5, right now.

Kind of long winded and beyond just UCD talk, but I could use some feedback or just thoughts. Thanks. :)

Edit: Title may be deceiving. I still count macros and stuff, but I dont plan out my meals or follow any specific timing. I kind if just eat whatever I want, whenever I want and adjust my later meals to fit the macros I have remaining. IIFYM I guess... I know people hate that acronym.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I will use some form of Alpha Yohimbine (Either Decimate, Alphaburn or Alphamine) + TTA, as supplements. No anabolics.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I pretty much do the same thing but opposite. In the first half of the day it is strict ultra low carb. Then the post workout meal is as much protein and carbs as I can handle. An hour later I have a dessert meal.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I pretty much do the same thing but opposite. In the first half of the day it is strict ultra low carb. Then the post workout meal is as much protein and carbs as I can handle. An hour later I have a dessert meal.
Sounds a bit like Carb back loading