Ulnar nerve pinch possibly from shoulder blade injury?

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hello all! Any and all advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated...for the past 2 weeks I've had a loss of feeling in 2 of my fingers on my left hand that changes from barely noticable to slightly annoying at nights. Overall I still have full strength and mostly train for muscle building purposes anyway so I've continued with straps. Little background is I have notoriously bad shoulders and have had multiple surgeries on the right for dislocations and just last year dislocated the left which Is now the effected arm.. about 2 weeks ago I was stretching my left arm over a shitty chair and thought I had popped my shoulder out again..ran a mile to the er since my roomates are clueless on anything health related and crack under stressful situations, despite them wanting to be medical practitioners but made it there anyways. They took x-rays and found nothing and after sitting their for 2 hours i moved it around and though it had popped back in. I'm now thinking it might have been something giving out toward the back of my shoulder blade which has a deep knot feeling if I try to maximally move it around down and back. After battling tricare for 2 weeks I managed to see an ortho, who's advice was somethings wrong with ulnar nerve and to keep lifting and sorry wait 3 more weeks before getting an EMG ...she couldn't explain why I had to wait and just said that the test would come back irregular which I would assume it should since something is wrong but maybe some of you have been through something similar and know better? I've found that massaging around my shoulder blade helps to relax some of the muscles surrounding the effected area but my hand still shows signs of atrophy. Any treatments or advice from anything similar is highly appreciated! Ill attach a pic below showing the differences I my palm!
20201110_112332~2.jpeg

Attachments

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello all! Any and all advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated...for the past 2 weeks I've had a loss of feeling in 2 of my fingers on my left hand that changes from barely noticable to slightly annoying at nights. Overall I still have full strength and mostly train for muscle building purposes anyway so I've continued with straps. Little background is I have notoriously bad shoulders and have had multiple surgeries on the right for dislocations and just last year dislocated the left which Is now the effected arm.. about 2 weeks ago I was stretching my left arm over a shitty chair and thought I had popped my shoulder out again..ran a mile to the er since my roomates are clueless on anything health related and crack under stressful situations, despite them wanting to be medical practitioners but made it there anyways. They took x-rays and found nothing and after sitting their for 2 hours i moved it around and though it had popped back in. I'm now thinking it might have been something giving out toward the back of my shoulder blade which has a deep knot feeling if I try to maximally move it around down and back. After battling tricare for 2 weeks I managed to see an ortho, who's advice was somethings wrong with ulnar nerve and to keep lifting and sorry wait 3 more weeks before getting an EMG ...she couldn't explain why I had to wait and just said that the test would come back irregular which I would assume it should since something is wrong but maybe some of you have been through something similar and know better? I've found that massaging around my shoulder blade helps to relax some of the muscles surrounding the effected area but my hand still shows signs of atrophy. Any treatments or advice from anything similar is highly appreciated! Ill attach a pic below showing the differences I my palm!View attachment 199341

I honestly think you need to see an Orthopedic Dr (if at all possible).

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just curious ...
What's with the colorblind glasses?
LOL

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sorry the glasses are for someone's Christmas present 🤣🤣 but I swear I deleted them from the post but they still came up . But the wait 3 weeks was what the orthopedic I saw said to me to just keep lifting and wait 2 more weeks for an EMG

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry the glasses are for someone's Christmas present 🤣🤣 but I swear I deleted them from the post but they still came up . But the wait 3 weeks was what the orthopedic I saw said to me to just keep lifting and wait 2 more weeks for an EMG
Wow.
I wouldn't have expected him to say that.
... But I'm not a Dr. ...

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thats what I was thinking myself..im currently going through the process of schooling to become an endocrinologist so I can open a hormonal replacement therapy practice, (keep a look out cause in 8 years AM members will get discounts if the country last that long lol) but sadly have yet to make friends with a great ortho lol.. the one im seeing is in boston the hub of healthcare and definitely was not expecting that answer to wait myself but hopefully another member can explain it to me if they've gone through something similar. If not, ill be sure to log my treatments or progressive decay for future members to know what to do, and what not to do if they go through something similar down the road

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thats what I was thinking myself..im currently going through the process of schooling to become an endocrinologist so I can open a hormonal replacement therapy practice, (keep a look out cause in 8 years AM members will get discounts if the country last that long lol) but sadly have yet to make friends with a great ortho lol.. the one im seeing is in boston the hub of healthcare and definitely was not expecting that answer to wait myself but hopefully another member can explain it to me if they've gone through something similar. If not, ill be sure to log my treatments or progressive decay for future members to know what to do, and what not to do if they go through something similar down the road
Thanks brother.
We appreciate it.
(y)

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Will say so far that edible pre-bed has been a helper for relieving extra tightness that arises from the surrounding compensating muscles

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Update: I can feel slight pain!!! To me this is a huge win! I think the nerve pinch may be influenced by overall inflammation. As of now, I have added in and been taking copper, magnesium which may have play some role in the new found feeling. However a definitive change and benefit has been seen from edibles! A small 12mg of the from the local dispensary have helped tremendously with sleep and possibly lowering my stress enough to facilitate a lowering of total inflammation! Don't get a test or any more medical advice till the 23rd so im on my own. Hand seems to also possible be regaining some of the muscle mass that seemed to diminish! Will observe in the upcoming days and continue to log my experience in hopes it'll help someone else later on!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am no doctor but the difference in your hands is astonishing-damn!!!

not trying to scare or get you worked up, just saying that you really need to keep pushing hard to get them to properly diagnose and treat you---seriously!!!

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i am no doctor but the difference in your hands is astonishing-damn!!!

not trying to scare or get you worked up, just saying that you really need to keep pushing hard to get them to properly diagnose and treat you---seriously!!!
Thats been the battle for the past 2 weeks...between tricare giving me the normal problems along with them being even more difficult due to bidens upcoming budget cuts its been a nightmare to get appointments. Sadly the ortho said waiting is the only option but thankfully there full feeling In the thumb and other main fingers of the hand and I can still move the fingers near the effected side but can't feel any texture or heat sensations if that makes sense? Thankfully my hands still can wrap around the barbell and dumbells no problem qnd my grip was above average to begin with so I can still do everything relatively normal! My biggest concern was the loss of feeling don't know about you but the pain associated with lifting iron and pushing limits ive grown to love! You take that away and I be feeling empty haha

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thats been the battle for the past 2 weeks...between tricare giving me the normal problems along with them being even more difficult due to bidens upcoming budget cuts its been a nightmare to get appointments. Sadly the ortho said waiting is the only option but thankfully there full feeling In the thumb and other main fingers of the hand and I can still move the fingers near the effected side but can't feel any texture or heat sensations if that makes sense? Thankfully my hands still can wrap around the barbell and dumbells no problem qnd my grip was above average to begin with so I can still do everything relatively normal! My biggest concern was the loss of feeling don't know about you but the pain associated with lifting iron and pushing limits ive grown to love! You take that away and I be feeling empty haha
yes, from day one of lifting iron i've heard no pain no gain...but damn, man you have to get that taken care of-keep pushing!!!

btw-a whole lot of people are gonna get hurt by biden, don't feel lonely!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My hand does that from time to time. If I am correct it is due to nerve damage I did years ago. Sucks when it happens, but usually doesn’t last long. I would have someone look at it

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My hand does that from time to time. If I am correct it is due to nerve damage I did years ago. Sucks when it happens, but usually doesn’t last long. I would have someone look at it
Agreed and thankfully Monday i get an EMG to figure out the cause... hasn't been to awful lately but there are times when it feels bad pins and needles and im thinking I may have a pinched nerve in my shoulder after it was dislocated and ripped from the socket by a 200+log back when I was working as a tree worker....p.s. lesson learned, **** the forman and don't do **** there to lazy to teach you how to do properly

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Update to all: EMG was today and found my ulnar nerve is pinched in my elbow...good news it can be fixed...bad news surgery but thankfully its relatively small with a month-2month recovery which im thinking I can shrink if I continue working out my opposite side and legs of course lol