UFC 79: Nemesis. Picks contest.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Rogue. I say we let Piston play, but if he ever wins we'll say it doesn't count:rasp: At least he had a good attitude after you ripped him.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but he would have left 15 players hanging for how long, forever? without seeming a care if I hadn't stepped up.

Whatever, doesn't really matter.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but he would have left 15 players hanging for how long, forever? without seeming a care if I hadn't stepped up.

Whatever, doesn't really matter.
No, it matters, he was basically telling us to eat sh*t, but what are you gonna do?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Send Iron Mike over to eat his children?

Send Tripdog and Chad over to DP his goats?

I'm open to suggestions.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Those are some good suggestions.

Iron Mike could also "eat his a**hole alive, and fvck him til he loves him, faggot", praise be to allah!

We could have Mullet perform his slampoetry, which is probably far worse than any of the aforementioned punishments.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way worse.

Yeah, no offense to PP, but I knew this **** was Bad News Bears from jumpstreet. From now on, all contests will be conducted as per usual. This one was also started a month early.

****er.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Way worse.

Yeah, no offense to PP, but I knew this **** was Bad News Bears from jumpstreet. From now on, all contests will be conducted as per usual. This one was also started a month early.

****er.
You know I love you man. I agree, I knew it was bad news from the beginning as well. No clear rules were stated, no corrections to peoples uninformed incorrect picking. I hate to harp on it, but it kind of diminishes the excitement for future contests a bit, thanks a lot hilo boy.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
How 'bout dem Dogs; PP?

Talk about a Brutal Beating - Georgia thrashed Hawaii to a bloody pulp, complete total domination and I throughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I wonder what Hawaii's record would've been had they played in the SEC? 5, maybe 6 losses?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
no corrections to peoples uninformed incorrect picking.
Actually I tried to tell some jackass that De Souza by KO was a stupid pick :lol:

Think about what would have happened if Hawaii was being swarmed by the Huskers 112th ranked blackshirts every weekend :head:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did horrible this contest. Should have researched the fighters a little bit more.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Actually I tried to tell some jackass that De Souza by KO was a stupid pick :lol:

Think about what would have happened if Hawaii was being swarmed by the Huskers 112th ranked blackshirts every weekend :head:
Dude, I thought De Souza was gonna do Roan like he did Noah from TUF. That Noah/Maynard fight was great. I need to start telling some more of my Maynard like stories:type:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I thought De Souza was gonna do Roan like he did Noah from TUF. That Noah/Maynard fight was great. I need to start telling some more of my Maynard like stories:type:
DeSouza needs to drop to 155. He looks small and soft for 170. He is a technically outstanding grappler and could do some damage, and he is a character. He calls his style Cholitsu. Cholo is potentially derogatory Peruvian slang for "Indian", as they say there. It is also a term of endearment, depending on the tone.

BJ obviously respects him, so I don't think he is a chump.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yup, he certainly doesn't carry a lot of muscle on his frame. I think he's pretty tall, maybe 5'11", but you're right, lose the flab and fight at 155.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
You can watch his fight here: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/tony+desouza/video/x3y5nk_roan-carneiro-vs-tony-desouza-ufc-7_sport

It looked like a crappy stoppage. He took a few shots, but didn't seem overwhelmed at all, and he got right up after. He definitely displayed some skills in Rd. 1. That armbar attempt was nice.

He also seems too relaxed. Peru has a huge surf culture, and you can see how he would fit right in with that. Now that he's in Hawaii, I'm sure it's not much different.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Damn, Desouza is listed at 6'1" with a 70.5" reach, and Carneiro 5'9" with a 76" reach, pretty crazy reach. I think it was a good stoppage, seemed like he wasn't going to do anything to improve his position. I think you're right, Desouza is too laid back, never has any urgency even when he's in horrible positions. I do like the caveman look Desouza has, as that is what I'm currently sporting, as Jas knows, it's not a favorite among the ladies..

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The laid back approach is great for straight grappling. A lot of guys (like Eddie Bravo and Joe Rogan) claim grappling high can work very well, and just having that relaxed attitude opens up a lot of openings, but if you're getting punched in the face you need some explosiveness.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Even BJ suffers from the stoner approach, only his ridiculous talent bails him out most of the time.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Even BJ suffers from the stoner approach, only his ridiculous talent bails him out most of the time.
That and Hawaiians have an aggressive attitude. Peruvians are extremely laid back, fun loving people who joke non-stop. That is the difference between a BJ and a DeSouza.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Aleksandar37 MMA 8
bighulksmash MMA 7