Trying something new...casein post workout

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
After reading lots of studies about casein post workout, I am going to do it. I picked up some syntha 6 yesterday from my work. I am going to do two scoops post workout for at least two weeks, and guage my strength, recovery, and of course appearance. Yes, there are 12 grams of fat, and 30 carbs, but this works perfect. 44 grams of a blend of proteins, so it's not SOLELY a casein protein. I did it today in water, the chocolate tastes awesome. I also drank half a serving of vitargo cgl, so altogether I got 60 grams of carbs, which is exactly what I want. So now, has anyone else done a whey and casein mix post workout?

SCDiesel23

Awards
After reading lots of studies about casein post workout, I am going to do it. I picked up some syntha 6 yesterday from my work. I am going to do two scoops post workout for at least two weeks, and guage my strength, recovery, and of course appearance. Yes, there are 12 grams of fat, and 30 carbs, but this works perfect. 44 grams of a blend of proteins, so it's not SOLELY a casein protein. I did it today in water, the chocolate tastes awesome. I also drank half a serving of vitargo cgl, so altogether I got 60 grams of carbs, which is exactly what I want. So now, has anyone else done a whey and casein mix post workout?
I think it's a great idea, I personally plan on switching to a blend sometime in the near future.

themandaloria

Awards
Me too, but do you really notice a difference?

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
Too early to tell if I can tell a difference. I don't know about others, but when I take my whey isolate (gf pro) alone, I feel very tired after my workout. Now of course you'll feel tired, but I feel, almost nauseous. I hope this helps me in that area. No matter what, it tastes great, and is an excellent product (syntha) I will keep everyone up to date as I continue using this.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use casein because straight whey gives me severe digestive issues.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I use casein in my post-post workout shake. My first shake is more of a drink made of Waxy maize, Dextrose, Creatine, and BCAA's. I take my post-post about twenty minutes after the first and I have seen results. Keep us posted.

Mar430

Awards
What about Evopro or Muscle Milk? I've tried the Muscle Milk and love it (my first protein drink ever). Im actually gonna do both whey (ON 100% Whey Gold Standard) and casein (Evopro). In bout 2 weeks. Use ON 100% Whey Gold during the day and Evopro right before I go to sleep. Something like that I think will be a good way also to maximize the use of casein protein

themandaloria

Awards
I'm trying Syntha six post workout, think i'll notice a difference from just whey concentrate

theseus

theseus

Awards
Ive been taking MPI post workout for about 6 months. Within the first month I gained 7-8lbs. I was about 245 @ 10-11%, so its not newbie gains either, which is pretty crazy considering its just protein. Some was fat, but I felt like I was absorbing the MPI way more then I was with WPI. Too bad I still have ~35lbs of whey from allthewhey

theseus

theseus

Awards
I should also say that most of my digestion problems have gone away too since the switch. I would take in about 300g from whey alone, and go to the bathroom 5-6 times a day, and most of the time it was more like running to the bathroom.

Much, much, better now.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
I'm curious what studies you were reading? There are a few that use HYDROLYZED casein, which is totally different than regular casein.

themandaloria

Awards
Damn i need to try this. It's really expensive though

themandaloria

Awards
Wait wouldn't syntha 6 be the best protein for PWO?