Trutein Protein

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd think if they had problems in the past, they would be trying to correct them because they are under more scrutiny now. Think about it. They are going to want to win back previous customers and know they are under the microscope so they are gonna try harder. Maybe even harder than a company that already has a huge loyal fan-base.....

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
But then at what point do we stop trusting a company?

Obviously companies would have to reformulate or change to continue selling but if i had to pick between a company with a poor history or a pristine one I'm going for the latter

Db2

Db2

Awards
I've ordered them on quite a few occasions and have always been impressed with the quality. It has become a little more expensive over the past few years and there have been some newcomers to the protein world that are comparable so I don't order much from them anymore, but I think they are top notch.

Care to share your current favs? I'm gonna try true nutrition next, but always looking out for good quality blends.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this. I was asking if anyone around here had tried True Nutrition!

(I can see how context could have made that unclear)
I think that is why TruNutrition (Trutein) switched their name to Body Nutrition or whatever it is now.

I ordered from True Nutrition a long time ago. I love the concept, but hate the shipping charge. It's outrageous.

But then at what point do we stop trusting a company?

Obviously companies would have to reformulate or change to continue selling but if i had to pick between a company with a poor history or a pristine one I'm going for the latter
This. I am not going to name companies, but there are a few that have spiked protein in the past. Now, they are releasing new formulas without spiking, apparently. I am on the fence of trusting those companies only because I do not know if they just took the T/G off the label.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd think if they had problems in the past, they would be trying to correct them because they are under more scrutiny now. Think about it. They are going to want to win back previous customers and know they are under the microscope so they are gonna try harder. Maybe even harder than a company that already has a huge loyal fan-base.....
Valid points. I'd like to see 3rd party testing. That really goes for every company even those who have never been exposed.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have tried many search terms and found nothing apart from board posts on Trunutrition and body nutrition. This includes searching for FDA warning letters, searching for QC history, recalls and other things and literally turned up nothing apart from what is on the forums.

I also think a lot of you do not understand how many CEOs of top companies have been to jail, or how many big companies practice bad business ethics or have poor history's? You'd be surprised at the amount of "law skirting" these companies do to cut costs - and sometimes their actions are illegal. Simple google searches will show you that many of the companies you support have shady histories.

And to say that reps avoiding the protein spiking issue is shady is silly. A rep won't pay for the tests and its silly for them to do so. If the company does not want to, then a rep has no say in the matter.

If you choose not to support them, that's cool. And its good to give people the information to make their own decision, but I just find it slightly odd that people will jump up and down over his criminal history and poor QC on some batches when other companies have the same, if not worse issues.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried many search terms and found nothing apart from board posts on Trunutrition and body nutrition. This includes searching for FDA warning letters, searching for QC history, recalls and other things and literally turned up nothing apart from what is on the forums.

I also think a lot of you do not understand how many CEOs of top companies have been to jail, or how many big companies practice bad business ethics or have poor history's? You'd be surprised at the amount of "law skirting" these companies do to cut costs - and sometimes their actions are illegal. Simple google searches will show you that many of the companies you support have shady histories.

And to say that reps avoiding the protein spiking issue is shady is silly. A rep won't pay for the tests and its silly for them to do so. If the company does not want to, then a rep has no say in the matter.

If you choose not to support them, that's cool. And its good to give people the information to make their own decision, but I just find it slightly odd that people will jump up and down over his criminal history and poor QC on some batches when other companies have the same, if not worse issues.
But isn't everything posted on internet forums the truth?. I mean that's how I make my decisions on what to purchase, by looking at what people say on forums and logs because that's the most honest and valuable information available!. So you mean I'm doing it wrong?

***Note this is sarcasm and not meant to be taken literally.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Where did you expect to hear about it? It wasn't an FDA find and its not like they would advertise it themselves

Google Trutein + rocks
Or Trutein + o rings

About 50 pages discussing, including people who had it happen to themselves

30 seconds to find a video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vdzFxUkpJ2I

Would all of this stand up in court? No lol we need official testing.
But again me myself have seen enough to just stick to something i trust

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where did you expect to hear about it? It wasn't an FDA find and its not like they would advertise it themselves

Google Trutein + rocks
Or Trutein + o rings

Stop jumping up and down.... :lol:

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
But isn't everything posted on internet forums the truth?. I mean that's how I make my decisions on what to purchase, by looking at what people say on forums and logs because that's the most honest and valuable information available!. So you mean I'm doing it wrong?

***Note this is sarcasm and not meant to be taken literally.
Didn't know we were all lying. Must be doing it wrong.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't say that. That's why I put the "note" in that post.
You simply said you were being sarcastic at everyone telling the truth on forums...so it would be logical to think you believe most are not.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Google Trutein + rocks
Or Trutein + o rings

I wasn't saying the issue never occurred, only that a lot of the times we trust companies who are equally as shady or have had bad runs in the past. It happens, and frequently. But its only through the boards that we stumble across these issues.

Search for Maggots in McDonalds Burgers or (insert insect or foreign object here) and a popular food item and chances are you'll find something.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The point was that not everything on the internet is true. That was what I was trying to say.

Of course its not. I don't think anyone on here ever believed it was.. but if allegations and pictures and videos show a QC issue, and the company doesn't respond, people have right not to support the company. I'm not sure why anyone would even object to that or get flack because of it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I wasn't saying the issue never occurred, only that a lot of the times we trust companies who are equally as shady or have had bad runs in the past. It happens, and frequently. But its only through the boards that we stumble across these issues. Search for Maggots in McDonalds Burgers or (insert insect or foreign object here) and a popular food item and chances are you'll find something.
A company as large as McD's is bound to.

I got a nice maggot salad from Wendy's

Girl working counter wouldn't even touch it to throw it out when i brought it up lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A company as large as McD's is bound to.

I got a nice maggot salad from Wendy's

Girl working counter wouldn't even touch it to throw it out when i brought it up lol
Gross.

I've had similar issues. Raw chicken from KFC, relabeled meat products with best before date extended (happens ALOT with crumbed meat or flavorings that hide color of meat) and a dried blowfly in a dried fruit packet lol.

All times though I've been compensated which gets me going back though. I must have missed that part :hitwithrock:

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It gets fun when you work there and see the difference between company protocol and a manager's protocol.

McD's bacon was NEVER thrown out at a local location.

Some times the bacon would sit 2 days before being used up

Among various escapades by staff who didn't give s ****

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It gets fun when you work there and see the difference between company protocol and a manager's protocol.

McD's bacon was NEVER thrown out at a local location.

Some times the bacon would sit 2 days before being used up

Among various escapades by staff who didn't give s ****
Makes you wonder sometimes. I prefer to close my eyes and not think when I eat :lol:

In any case, many proteins apart from Trutein exist that taste good for a fair price.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course its not. I don't think anyone on here ever believed it was.. but if allegations and pictures and videos show a QC issue, and the company doesn't respond, people have right not to support the company. I'm not sure why anyone would even object to that or get flack because of it.
The only real qc issue was the o ring instance. I really don't take the rock one seriously due to the original source. The o ring issue could and probably happen to other companies as well. The seal used on his mixer and 95% of other mixers are a "lip seal" held in place by food grade grease. They run fine as long as grease is in the seal but after time it slings out the grease (yes,into product) and dries out which eventually causes the oring to break apart. So even if you haven't had a protein with o rings in it then there is a damn good chance you've had some of the grease in your product;).

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only real qc issue was the o ring instance. I really don't take the rock one seriously due to the original source. The o ring issue could and probably happen to other companies as well. The seal used on his mixer and 95% of other mixers are a "lip seal" held in place by food grade grease. They run fine as long as grease is in the seal but after time it slings out the grease (yes,into product) and dries out which eventually causes the oring to break apart. So even if you haven't had a protein with o rings in it then there is a damn good chance you've had some of the grease in your product;).
I understand things happen...which is why I
usually give companies the benefit of the doubt until they respond. I think for most, it's how you respond after the fact. The personal stuff is irrelevant to me.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Come on guys, maggots are just extra protein :D.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand things happen...which is why I
usually give companies the benefit of the doubt until they respond. I think for most, it's how you respond after the fact. The personal stuff is irrelevant to me.
That's very true. Some companies handle damage control different than others. He could have handled it differently ,however with the forces against him at the time he really didn't stand a chance.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's very true. Some companies handle damage control different than others. He could have handled it differently ,however with the forces against him at the time he really didn't stand a chance.
Forces against him? Do tell!!

PS - new app working nicely.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards