Trt at 23?

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’d love some opinions here.
I used to be a pretty competitive powerlifter before I starting having a hard time competing, training, and even just lifting for fun. One of my lifting partners said I had all the symptoms of low T but my doctor told me that at 20 and being so active I was crazy for thinking that. Considered doing a cycle to keep progressing but decided to wait it out. Fast forward a few months and I had to stop lifting because I was taking far longer to recover, and getting weaker no matter what I did and feeling like sh*t. Took a few months off and tried to come back, made me feel like crap and constantly lethargic again. Stopped lifting again and after a few months developed early gyno. Dropped my old doc and found one who would do bloodwork, found low T at 277ng/dl and tried an HPTA restart with clomid. Came back a month after finishing the “restart” and had 271ng/dl but my gyno was gone. All my other bloodwork was completely in range and my doc thinks I need to get on TRT. I understand the long term ramifications but would like to hear some personal opinions. I want to start lifting and competing again and would love to get rid of the sleep and rest issues and the other side effects that I’ve been dealing with. I’ve heard the stories of guys cycling too young, looking for experience with getting on TRT young. Thanks in advance.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At 23 I would do everything I could to avoid it as you have a very long life ahead of you and I feel like TRT is a forever thing, especially for someone starting out with low T at such a young age. I'm no expert and other members will have much more knowledgeable answers, but man, try to avoid it, hopefully there's something else you can do.

I wonder if there are any underlying issues that could be causing low T in the first place... are you seeing an endo? Did your doctor recommend running any other tests? It seems odd to just jump on TRT this fast and early in life.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's not common for men to start at your age but if it is going to improve your quality of life then you shouldn't hesitate to start it especially since you have already tried clomid. It's really not a big deal to pin a couple times a week. It only takes a minute once you get the hang of it.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
At 23 I would do everything I could to avoid it as you have a very long life ahead of you and I feel like TRT is a forever thing, especially for someone starting out with low T at such a young age. I'm no expert and other members will have much more knowledgeable answers, but man, try to avoid it, hopefully there's something else you can do.

I wonder if there are any underlying issues that could be causing low T in the first place... are you seeing an endo? Did your doctor recommend running any other tests? It seems odd to just jump on TRT this fast and early in life.
They ran several tests looking for the underlying cause and couldn't find anything that should be causing it. After the first series of tests now I'm working directly with the head of endocrinology. I have one more meeting next week to discuss if I have any other options but his professional opinion is TRT. 271 isn't insanely low but I've been having a lot of issues and my doc wants me at 800-900 for my age. Hoping that there's another option but his last ace in the hole was the clomid restart.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They ran several tests looking for the underlying cause and couldn't find anything that should be causing it. After the first series of tests now I'm working directly with the head of endocrinology. I have one more meeting next week to discuss if I have any other options but his professional opinion is TRT. 271 isn't insanely low but I've been having a lot of issues and my doc wants me at 800-900 for my age. Hoping that there's another option but his last ace in the hole was the clomid restart.
You cycled, right?

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's not common for men to start at your age but if it is going to improve your quality of life then you shouldn't hesitate to start it especially since you have already tried clomid. It's really not a big deal to pin a couple times a week. It only takes a minute once you get the hang of it.
The quality of life is really what I'm looking for, I can live without lifting but the sides that extend into my personal life and work are beginning to become very bothersome. I'm not too worried about pinning so its nice to hear some support.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You cycled, right?
Not yet, I ran some arimistane (closest thing to hormonal at all) but never ended up running the actual cycle I was planning on. Still have everything for 6-8 weeks of halo with cycle support and pct but didn't want to cycle and risk dropping my test even further

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Id honestly avoid it until at least 30+ . At 23, you can still recover with the usual suspects of clomid, nolvadex, AI and possibly HCG or HMG use

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not yet, I ran some arimistane (closest thing to hormonal at all) but never ended up running the actual cycle I was planning on. Still have everything for 6-8 weeks of halo with cycle support and pct but didn't want to cycle and risk dropping my test even further
I usually advise guys to wait if they can.
But if you can't restart, I would probably advise starting TRT.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Id honestly avoid it until at least 30+ . At 23, you can still recover with the usual suspects of clomid, nolvadex, AI and possibly HCG or HMG use
If I remember corrrectly, you've gone through some similar things right? What have you been looking into? I'm not opposed to trying another restart but the first didn't go too well and the clomid made me feel like my emotions blew in the breeze like a leaf.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Think its worth trying a restart again? Any merit in trying nolva instead of clomid if clomid didn't work?

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The quality of life is really what I'm looking for, I can live without lifting but the sides that extend into my personal life and work are beginning to become very bothersome. I'm not too worried about pinning so its nice to hear some support.
It's easy for guys that are not in your position to tell you what they would do or not do. Just do what feels right and if you ever say you can live with out lifting you will be permanently banned, jk. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would you say a short , low dose cycle of hdrol with a heavy pct will be less suppressive than being on TRT for years on end?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I remember corrrectly, you've gone through some similar things right? What have you been looking into? I'm not opposed to trying another restart but the first didn't go too well and the clomid made me feel like my emotions blew in the breeze like a leaf.
I just deal with it now. I'm competing now , so I am currently going a low dose chemical route , but it still affects me. Won't touch test and no TRT yet. Maybe in a few years. Utilizing an AI helped me. For my last show , I was prescribed adex and felt amazing. Changed my physiqueee substantially too. Arimistane never did anything lol . DHEA and pregnenolone can help too

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am considering HMG after this next show in August

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's easy for guys that are not in your position to tell you what they would do or not do. Just do what feels right and if you ever say you can live with out lifting you will be permanently banned, jk. Good luck with what ever you decide.
It hurts to say and I miss lifting but damn it sucks to only lift light and easy which is annoying. In the end I'm definitely gonna go with my needs first, but I figured that if I'm going to make a lifetime decision I should get some opinions first. So far the main argument against it I've seen in other threads is "its a lifetime thing" but my doc made a good point that if restarting natural production doesn't work that I'll spend a lifetime on it anyways, just depending on how long I wanna have issues before then.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It hurts to say and I miss lifting but damn it sucks to only lift light and easy which is annoying. In the end I'm definitely gonna go with my needs first, but I figured that if I'm going to make a lifetime decision I should get some opinions first. So far the main argument against it I've seen in other threads is "its a lifetime thing" but my doc made a good point that if restarting natural production doesn't work that I'll spend a lifetime on it anyways, just depending on how long I wanna have issues before then.
Any reason you stopped lifting? Injury? Lifting will help your symptoms

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just deal with it now. I'm competing now , so I am currently going a low dose chemical route , but it still affects me. Won't touch test and no TRT yet. Maybe in a few years. Utilizing an AI helped me. For my last show , I was prescribed adex and felt amazing. Changed my physiqueee substantially too. Arimistane never did anything lol . DHEA and pregnenolone can help too
Is you estrogen in normal levels? I talked about taking an AI but the bottom line was that lowering estrogen too much would cause issues too. Arimistane was before all this for a little performance boost, did an awesome job but didn't have any bloodwork to see what was going on.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is you estrogen in normal levels? I talked about taking an AI but the bottom line was that lowering estrogen too much would cause issues too. Arimistane was before all this for a little performance boost, did an awesome job but didn't have any bloodwork to see what was going on.
No, before it was high in relation to my bottomed out test

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds like you have a good doc in your corner, so that’s a plus!

I could not imagine not lifting…The recent time off forced upon many of us that don’t have home gyms, was brutal…

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If youre having gyno symptoms I think a low dose of adex would help a lot. Changing the ratio of estrogen to test

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any reason you stopped lifting? Injury? Lifting will help your symptoms
Mostly just constantly tired, can't seem to sleep or wake up. *edit: even getting 10 hours of sleep still cant wake up or feel rested through the day* My motivation is super low and when I do lift it seems like my body just doesn't really recover, doms stays for days and days. I'm still staying super active and occasionally doing manual labor jobs but just spending time straight lifting makes me feel dead. After a day of work I usually end up needing a nap just to make it through the day. I was worried something was wrong but the only thing out of wack is my test levels. The doc says this isn't unusual in older guys but its strange for someone my age. There's other stuff too but in terms of not lifting anymore that's the main stuff

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If youre having gyno symptoms I think a low dose of adex would help a lot. Changing the ratio of estrogen to test
I'll bring that up with the doc, after the clomid everything was back in normal ranges but its worth a shot

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your new doc has done bloods, how have things like estrogen looked? Just out of curiosity.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I were you, I'd want to know:
1.) Estradial
2.) LH
3.) FSH
4.) TSH

If test and E were low simultaneously at your age I'd want to know why before hopping on TRT. It may even be recoverable with some HCG therapy.

If E was high, I would try to recover test by lowering it (AI).

If LH is low I'd try to recover test by stimulating it (SERM).

TRT is not so bad, but it could be a problem for you in the future.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Obviously some good advice above bro but if I’m understanding it right, you’ve not run gear or done anything obvious that would be artificially creating a low t situation (for example endurance athletes often have low t) - that to me suggests that unless they can find a fixable underlying cause you probably just have genuine low t. I don’t think you can restart something that hasn’t been artificially lowered.

yes you are young but ultimately your quality of life is not good and this will most likely make a as dramatic improvement to it. I would absolutely want to check all the other options before committing but having done that I personally wouldn’t think twice before going the trt route. If you developed Parkinson’s or any other normally age related disease you wouldn’t think twice about medication for it would you?

is it ideal no, but at this point there is an element of making the best from a bad situation. If you go the trt route it sounds like you have a good doc who will do it properly and get markers where they should be. You also sound like you are switched on, your doing the right thing by asking questions and looking into this fully.

wish you the best of luck brother

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's becoming more and more common for boys/men in there late teenscand early 20's to have low testosterone. It's alarming!

Here's my 2 cent's, before you start trt you exhaust all the methods to fix your low t problem before jumping to trt, but, and this is a big but, if you plan on running cycles anytime soon then you might as well go on trt because the likelihood of you recovering post cycle is slim to none if clomid and hcg can't raise your test to reasonable levels pre cycle.

In this case I'd get on trt, still hold of at least 6 months before trying to cycle so that your Dr. Can dial in your trt protocol. Once that's taken care of you can do whatever you want

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Im 27 and got on trt at 26. Best decision. People say wait till 30 but why. Just to feel like **** the next few years and then hit the magic number of 30 and now you can hop on. Especially at 270. My total test was 380 my doc put me on 200mg a week which keeps me around 950. SO much better.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im 27 and got on trt at 26. Best decision. People say wait till 30 but why. Just to feel like **** the next few years and then hit the magic number of 30 and now you can hop on. Especially at 270. My total test was 380 my doc put me on 200mg a week which keeps me around 950. SO much better.
It's not about waiting to a certain age, it's about seeing if you can fix the problem before making a life long commitment, now if your not interested in trying to fix the issue and you decide you want to make that life long commitment, there's nothing wrong with that. It's ultimately that person's decision. I just know that if I was in my early 20's or even early 30's I would want to know why my testosterone is so low and see if I could fix the problem. If I was 35 and older, which I am, I'm just in the mind state of it's probably all downhill from here so I mine as well hop right on trt.

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. If you can find the root of the problem and fix it then absolutely. For me I could not fix. Was probably due to running a few cycles even with proper pct.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Absolutely. If you can find the root of the problem and fix it then absolutely. For me I could not fix. Was probably due to running a few cycles even with proper pct.
Exactly, and like you, some people just can't. But I'm in no way against trt, in my 20s I ran a couple cycles, came off for years and recovered fine and at 34 I decided to cycle again. At that point I put myself on trt even tho I was still able to recover. Because at that point I decided I'm going to continue to run cycles and getting kinda old to be going on and off. It's been a little over 2 years and I'm pretty confident I could come off now and still recover. But I've decided that between now and my mid 40's I wanna try to be the best me and make as much progress as I can ( even tho it hasn't been a ton yet lol) but i know sooner or later I was gonna need it so out of convince I decided I'm probably better off just staying on 150mg year round and doing a cycle here and there.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s not about the amount of time it takes to pin. If ever wanting to have kids then no he should not be so quick to jump on TRT.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It’s not about the amount of time it takes to pin. If ever wanting to have kids then no he should not be so quick to jump on TRT.
This is definitely a important factor, some guys will maintain there fertility while on cycles and trt, but not many and I think when your hypogonadal and commit to a life of trt it's much harder to maintain fertility

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
We need lab results!!! Whats ur LH, if high hcg/hmg may wake up testicles. If lh/fsh is low then trying something for hypothalamus is better route (nolva/clomid). Perhaps u didnt respond to clomid if ester from last cycle was still in system. Any tren/19nor use? Those can hVe lasting effects 9mo+. We need more info

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@barische @BennyMagoo79 @Nac
I haven't seen any of those results yet for the second round of bloodwork, only the updated test number, will most likely get them when I see my doctor Wednesday. If anything is out of the ordinary there then there may be some hope for restarting but for some reason my doctor seems set on me needing TRT. I'll know more of his thought process after Wednesday hopefully and see what the full picture is.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Whisky that is correct, some of the symptoms I have been dealing with have been since the start of puberty which may be why my doctor has such low hopes for a restart working. I hadn't thought about it from that point of view but it makes some sense not being able to restart something that wasn't really there to begin with.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you run into any issues with starting it so young?

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@ELROCK @Smont I was told about half of men stay fertile on TRT and that if I don't some HCG supplementation should take care of it. I'm going to look into the fertility aspect some more because that's the most concerning aspect so far

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@ELROCK @Smont I was told about half of men stay fertile on TRT and that if I don't some HCG supplementation should take care of it. I'm going to look into the fertility aspect some more because that's the most concerning aspect so far
I don't know the percentage, but yes it's not crazy or super rare to stay fertile, but it's definitely a risk, and most of the time you can do fertility treatment if something goes wrong.

That said, every year less and less men are capable of having children, it's predicted by 2050 only a tiny percentage of men will be able to reproduce. So we're heading in that direction and trt will add to that.

But still again, going on trt definitely does not mean you "can't" have children one day, it just makes it harder

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No cholesterol issues? and your not on an SSRI?

How is your diet? You eating plenty of fat? Make sure you are eating fat and are taking vitamin D supplement.

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have you run into any issues with starting it so young?
Nope non at all. My biggest concern was fertility. I talked to the doc about it. Said while on it’s iffy but when the time comes I want kids we will stop the test and take clomid hcg hmg and he’s never seen an issue with this. For me personally it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made. Especially with using gear and doing a cycle then having to pct and loosing most progress. I’m now able to keep more hormones much more stable and not loose much if anything after a blast

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd recommend testing your comfort with self injection. Keep in mind that you will most likely be doing this weekly or even biweekly for the rest of your life. I don't think they'll be finding a better way to deliver a TRT dose anytime soon, if ever. They've tried a lot of things and nothing stacks up to good ole IM injections.

For me personally, I don't mind jabbing myself. I actually kind of enjoy the ritual of it. There are definitely folks out there who dread it though, many on this forum even. Do a test run (pun intended) and see if you have any reservations. If you do, I'd do my best to avoid it for as long as possible!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd recommend testing your comfort with self injection. Keep in mind that you will most likely be doing this weekly or even biweekly for the rest of your life. I don't think they'll be finding a better way to deliver a TRT dose anytime soon, if ever. They've tried a lot of things and nothing stacks up to good ole IM injections.

For me personally, I don't mind jabbing myself. I actually kind of enjoy the ritual of it. There are definitely folks out there who dread it though, many on this forum even. Do a test run (pun intended) and see if you have any reservations. If you do, I'd do my best to avoid it for as long as possible!
He can even get sterile oil or something else like l-carnitine and try that with some slinpins. Get a feel for it. Even some B12 shots or something would be better than never doing a shot before committing.

Definitely try a more comprehensive restart first, unless you are 100% ready mentally for TRT (you aren’t just yet, because you asked).

It’s a big decision, but if things are crap now and going to stay crap otherwise because the restart doesn’t work, why would you want to stay that way?

Doc is spot on about fertility. You can artificially create fertility when it’s time just like he said, and via a couple other methods.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@MadStax I'm definitely not uncomfortable with the idea of it, I don’t know if I’ll enjoy the ritual but I’m not afraid or uncomfortable with the idea. My girlfriend is a vet tech and does countless injections a day and offered to help out if I don’t wanna do it myself as well. That’s definitely a good point though, it may be different in practice than just in thinking.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Hyde I certainly don’t wanna stay crap if nothing else works. After the first restart didn’t work I’ve been pretty damn certain that I’ll end up on TRT and then after the second bloodwork I was told that it was almost certainly the best choice moving forward. I haven’t been apprehensive at all but I figured I’d see what other people have experienced so I have all my bases covered when I talk to my doctor Wednesday. I don’t have any reservations about it depending on the doctors opinion and I figure I’ll talk with him about everything I can and if there’s nothing else worth giving a shot then I’m ready to start feeling better. I’ve talked to a few people off the forum about it and some of the guys I lift with, they brought up the same point that @Smont did and mentioned that if I try alternative methods and ever cycle I’ll probably not recover any testosterone at all during PCT. I don’t necessarily want to get my test to a level where I can function but can’t progress much more or ever consider even a light cycle for a competition. It’s a lot to consider and I want to make sure I have all the facts before deciding

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde I certainly don’t wanna stay crap if nothing else works. After the first restart didn’t work I’ve been pretty damn certain that I’ll end up on TRT and then after the second bloodwork I was told that it was almost certainly the best choice moving forward. I haven’t been apprehensive at all but I figured I’d see what other people have experienced so I have all my bases covered when I talk to my doctor Wednesday. I don’t have any reservations about it depending on the doctors opinion and I figure I’ll talk with him about everything I can and if there’s nothing else worth giving a shot then I’m ready to start feeling better. I’ve talked to a few people off the forum about it and some of the guys I lift with, they brought up the same point that @Smont did and mentioned that if I try alternative methods and ever cycle I’ll probably not recover any testosterone at all during PCT. I don’t necessarily want to get my test to a level where I can function but can’t progress much more or ever consider even a light cycle for a competition. It’s a lot to consider and I want to make sure I have all the facts before deciding
Based on your intention to cycle eventually, it sounds like it’s probably to be the right path for you. If you want to use AAS to drive your competition, it’s probably better to be serious sooner while younger vs holding off. I have been cycling since I turned 21 and competing since then - I am 31 next week and have competed 17 times since then (12 powerlifting meets & 5 strongman shows). I’ve only started pinning the last 2 years, and finally began cruising this January after my son was born. Had I known what I know now about fertility protocols on cycle, I would have started cruising sooner.

My progress using injectables and cruising is so much better than oral/td only cycles, and I feel so much better on and off blasts too. The entire concept of waiting until you are older makes a ton of sense for TRT, but not for the dedicated PED-using athlete. If you intend to take drugs, better to use them when the body is younger and resilient and primed to grow. The key is to be intelligent and get educated - you can take a ton of drugs, but you can do a lot more with a lot less than some would have you believe. There are lower risk models to follow that will still afford great enhancement.

I’ve taken at least 1 little slinpin shot a week since late October. It’s just not that bad. And there are always options like transdermal gels or very long esters like test undeclenate if you REALLY get sick of pinning but still obviously need your TRT.

It’s a big decision, but it’s not bad of you to take it. You just need to be honest with yourself. Can you deal with some kind of shot generally weekly forever? Can you accept this isn’t a cure-all? It will require tweaking to set up, tweaking as you cycle, tweaking as you age. Libido, sexual function, energy, sleep quality will all still fluctuate.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am the sams age as you op and had low t 2 years ago (checked before i went on 1st cycle), only difference is i d3cided to go to the dark side. I personally felt test levels dropping around 18 yo (loss of libido) but for few years i tried doing "everything right" (enough fat, zinc, magnesium, d3 sleep etc) didnt help. At 21 i was regressing in the gym hence i said fuk it.

If clomid didnt w9rk i am afraid nothing except trt will. If clomid didnt work you likely have primary hypogonadism. Even after 8 months on gear after clomid pct test was higher (509) than it was before cycle (300s).

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Based on your intention to cycle eventually, it sounds like it’s probably to be the right path for you. If you want to use AAS to drive your competition, it’s probably better to be serious sooner while younger vs holding off. I have been cycling since I turned 21 and competing since then - I am 31 next week and have competed 17 times since then (12 powerlifting meets & 5 strongman shows). I’ve only started pinning the last 2 years, and finally began cruising this January after my son was born. Had I known what I know now about fertility protocols on cycle, I would have started cruising sooner.

My progress using injectables and cruising is so much better than oral/td only cycles, and I feel so much better on and off blasts too. The entire concept of waiting until you are older makes a ton of sense for TRT, but not for the dedicated PED-using athlete. If you intend to take drugs, better to use them when the body is younger and resilient and primed to grow. The key is to be intelligent and get educated - you can take a ton of drugs, but you can do a lot more with a lot less than some would have you believe. There are lower risk models to follow that will still afford great enhancement.

I’ve taken at least 1 little slinpin shot a week since late October. It’s just not that bad. And there are always options like transdermal gels or very long esters like test undeclenate if you REALLY get sick of pinning but still obviously need your TRT.

It’s a big decision, but it’s not bad of you to take it. You just need to be honest with yourself. Can you deal with some kind of shot generally weekly forever? Can you accept this isn’t a cure-all? It will require tweaking to set up, tweaking as you cycle, tweaking as you age. Libido, sexual function, energy, sleep quality will all still fluctuate.
I’ll talk to my doc tonight at 5 and make my decision. I’m gonna be open with him about my intent to cycle within the next few years. The shot every week doesn’t really bother me, seems easier than having to remember clomid or hcg every day. And similarly if I don’t get on trt now I’ll have to tweak my restart stuff and keep an eye on my bloods then go down the route of trt if I ever cycle and start over with tweaking trt then. Currently my libido, energy, and sleep are pretty much nonexistent so I’d rather have some ups with my downs than all downs. This thread has given me a lot to discuss with my doctor and if trt seems like the best option then I’m not hesitant, but if he thinks a restart is gonna work in my situation then that’s great. Where are you injecting with the insulin needle?

I definitely intend to start cycling at some point and that’s gonna play a huge role in my decision. It makes sense to take advantage of everything while I’m young. I was at a point right before all this where I was completely ready to cycle to take myself to the next level and I don’t think it’ll take long for me to get back there.