TRT and travelling.

B

Bungloid48

Awards
Hey guys,

I need your input -

I live in Canada and will be travelling to the US for 2 weeks.

What is my best option? Just doing my inject the day before I leave and enduring the 2 weeks, injecting 200mg instead of 100mg so it lasts longer, or take along the vial and syringe and do a shot there after a week over there.

My concern with the 3rd option is obviously customs and such. If I just store it in my check-in baggage will they make a big deal out of it if they find it?

FWIW everything is prescribed to me and 100% legal.

R

RPHMark

Awards
I have not travelled internationally, but I have flown several times and not even been questioned with my meds in carry-on bags. Just in case I would make sure it's labeled and maybe try to get a copy of the prescription from your pharmacy.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why not put it in your checked baggage? Also, you could preload a shot or get an empty vial and put just enough in for your trip. If they find a bunch of vials, or a big vial full of oil, they may question you or give you a hard time I could imagine. The main problem I see is with HCG...big pain..but I guess you can go without it for 2 weeks.

I'm contemplating what to do as well, going to Amsterdam and Germany for 10 days soon. Might just take a larger shot and forgo the hcg till I get back.

C

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Why not put it in your checked baggage? Also, you could preload a shot or get an empty vial and put just enough in for your trip. If they find a bunch of vials, or a big vial full of oil, they may question you or give you a hard time I could imagine. The main problem I see is with HCG...big pain..but I guess you can go without it for 2 weeks.

I'm contemplating what to do as well, going to Amsterdam and Germany for 10 days soon. Might just take a larger shot and forgo the hcg till I get back.
This topic has been beaten to death. It's really simple. You get a special form from your doc and it will say that you make use of these prescription medicine. No hassle.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep, that is the optimal and obvious scenario ;) But it's not the case for me at the moment.

B

Bungloid48

Awards
This topic has been beaten to death. It's really simple. You get a special form from your doc and it will say that you make use of these prescription medicine. No hassle.
Wouldn't the prescription details (pharmacy, dosage, etc.) that is written on the box holding the vial be enough?

C

colorado

Awards
I went to mexico and back with my perscription and they didnt eve look twice! I had it in my carry on with zero hassel. If its a perscription and it has your name on it i wouldnt worry about it.

C

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't the prescription details (pharmacy, dosage, etc.) that is written on the box holding the vial be enough?
I don't think prescription is enough, check your country's regulations. Here you need to fill in a special doctor travel form which includes the prescriptions, and thus everything else as well (needles and so forth). Prescription only isn't good enough.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cumkwakka, do you live in Bonn? I'm travelling to Köln for Christmas. You have any luck with Dr's around there yet?

C

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Cumkwakka, do you live in Bonn? I'm travelling to Köln for Christmas. You have any luck with Dr's around there yet?
No im from the Netherlands. I have not had luck with doctors from Germany. I did however recommend two doctor's from Germany around Bonn to a friend at another forum. If you want to know which docs i can post it here.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh, no it's ok, I live in NYC...I just remembered you asking about Dr's in another thread :) It would probably cost a foreigner a lot of money to see a Dr there I'm guessing...but I'd be open to it possibly if there are good ones there. I'm working on getting myself a good one here. I started a new job so my inurance is still a bit weird. I thought I signed up for PPO but I have HMO instead (basically means I am stuck to my network of Dr's and can't choose on my own). This is why I started TRT on my own, because the Dr's in my network within NYC are not the best and think that test in the 300's is normal and ok.

I'm actually flying to Amsterdam and spending a couple days there first before going to Köln and Dusseldorf. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to it. Visiting my gf's family.

C

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Oh, no it's ok, I live in NYC...I just remembered you asking about Dr's in another thread :) It would probably cost a foreigner a lot of money to see a Dr there I'm guessing...but I'd be open to it possibly if there are good ones there. I'm working on getting myself a good one here. I started a new job so my inurance is still a bit weird. I thought I signed up for PPO but I have HMO instead (basically means I am stuck to my network of Dr's and can't choose on my own). This is why I started TRT on my own, because the Dr's in my network within NYC are not the best and think that test in the 300's is normal and ok.

I'm actually flying to Amsterdam and spending a couple days there first before going to Köln and Dusseldorf. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to it. Visiting my gf's family.
oo i thought you were under doctor's care with needles and **** ;)

no money is not a problem.. i am visiting a GP who has specialized in CFS, he falls under an alternative treating doctor group, which is covered by insurance here, if you have the extra package for alternative medicine

consult's are paid, my HC is paid, i pay for DHEA myself, i stopped 7-keto-dhea which saves money so it's pretty doable

basically in my country i can go to whichever doctor i want and if they are from sort of doctor union and that union in general is covered by insurance, you can get treatment by whoever you want and not pay for it up till a certain amount of money

amsterdam is great, don't forget to light one up for me while you're there ;) (i didn't just recommend that did i :))

test in the 300 isn't normal i had 400, getting to a doc and getting HC and DHEA is about the best that's happened to me last year.. getting over 7 years of ED now, it's about time

almost done with the puzzle and thank god my testosterone is coming up due to medication! good luck and enjoy europe ;)

B

Bungloid48

Awards
I'm going to hold off my inject for this week to see if I can handle 2 weeks before leaving for the trip.

The problem is that if they seize it I won't have T for 2 months and there's no way my pharmacy will renew it before the time is up.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oo i thought you were under doctor's care with needles and **** ;)

no money is not a problem.. i am visiting a GP who has specialized in CFS, he falls under an alternative treating doctor group, which is covered by insurance here, if you have the extra package for alternative medicine

consult's are paid, my HC is paid, i pay for DHEA myself, i stopped 7-keto-dhea which saves money so it's pretty doable

basically in my country i can go to whichever doctor i want and if they are from sort of doctor union and that union in general is covered by insurance, you can get treatment by whoever you want and not pay for it up till a certain amount of money

amsterdam is great, don't forget to light one up for me while you're there ;) (i didn't just recommend that did i :))

test in the 300 isn't normal i had 400, getting to a doc and getting HC and DHEA is about the best that's happened to me last year.. getting over 7 years of ED now, it's about time

almost done with the puzzle and thank god my testosterone is coming up due to medication! good luck and enjoy europe ;)

Nope, after a lot of testing and research and bad doctors..and important things happening in my life, I decided not to wait anymore and take care of my health on my own until I can get a competant Dr to trust my health with. I cannot put my life on hold any longer so I went through on my own :) Things are going well, but they can be better.

Great to hear things are working out for you. I have no doubt that adrenals have a part to play with me as well, as they do with almost anyone in this day and age.

Thanks for the wishes...hopefully the trip goes well!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to hold off my inject for this week to see if I can handle 2 weeks before leaving for the trip.

The problem is that if they seize it I won't have T for 2 months and there's no way my pharmacy will renew it before the time is up.
Bad move, you should have 2-3 vials in reserve.

I buy mine at Walgresns.
I am able to get next vial a week after a purchase.
I have to pay cash.
When I was using 10gram Androgel and it was covered by my prescription plan, I was burned couple of times.
I discussed that with my doc, he wrote a script for 15grams/day but I still was using the 10grams.
That way I was able to build up little reserve.

Just recalled.
My script for Depo-T is written "use as directed"
so pharmacy have no way of figuring when I am supposed to run out.

"Use as directed" may not work with prescription plan.

Ask doc to write a script with 2x lager dose, some docs understand life with beurocrats.