TRT and E2

wade1

Awards
How long after a injection does it take for E2 to spike then return to normal range. Would this be something that happens in a couple days?
Lets say you take a 200mg shot on mon is it possible for Test to spike convert to E2 make you feel lousy( no sex drive, no wood, lethargic, joints ache) then on thursday when your test starts to level out a little and E2 doesnt convert as badly you feel better. All the above symptoms go away.
I plan on changing my dose to 2 times weekly but this has been my starting protocal. I know its wrong from reading the forums but I'm trying get a better understanding of whats going on with my body without getting blood work all the time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everybody is going to respond differently to test, some people have very high estrogen conversion rates and some barely any conversion at all. However having higher E2 levels coupled with high test levels would not lower your libido and if anything should make your joints feel a little better.

I would be curious if your temp elevates when you take your shots. Wonder if your body isn't seeing the exogenous test as a threat and attacking it or something. Sounds almost like feverish symptoms. What does your TRT doc say? You could definitely try the 2 doses a lot of people like it better. I have done both but have settled back down into the once a week shot.

If not going to a TRT doc and feeling like estrogen management might be needed my first suggestion would be to back down to about 100-125mg a week. Most people do not need more than 150mg a week to be at the high end of normal or over that even. I am 800-900 in my trough at 150 a week.

wade1

Awards
My doc sucks. It honestly feels like flu symptoms. Could just be my body attacking the test. I usually dose in the eve and have a hard time sleeping for a couple nights. Also feel warmer than normal so it could just be that. I've only been on for about 5 weeks and none of those 5 weeks has been a consistent dose. 1st doc said 200 mg e2w. Did that for month. 2nd doc said that's not enough uped dose to 400mg e2w. I'm thinking there both crazy based on what I read here. I'm glad the 2nd doc gave me the higher dose so I can experiment but from what i read here I want to use either 100mg a week or 50 mg twice a week as a starting point. Either way my vials are 1ml of 200mg so it would be nice to settle on a dose that evenly uses a vial. Ill prob settle on either 50mg twice a week or 65 mg twice a week. I'm not looking to max out my numbers. Just want to feel better, lose a little weight and chase the wife around a little more. My total test was 198 when the doc 1st tested me. I didn't feel terrible but sex drive was super low and couldn't lose weight no matter how much I worked out or dieted.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My doc sucks. It honestly feels like flu symptoms. Could just be my body attacking the test.
That's serum sickness from the over stimulation of your immune system. High testosterone and high estrogens can do this. Drop your dose to 50mgs 2x weekly and get blood work in 4 weeks. Adjust from there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can load half of the vial into one syringe then the other half in another syringe and save it until your next shot. Just keep things sterile and you are okay.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My doc sucks. It honestly feels like flu symptoms. Could just be my body attacking the test. I usually dose in the eve and have a hard time sleeping for a couple nights. Also feel warmer than normal so it could just be that. I've only been on for about 5 weeks and none of those 5 weeks has been a consistent dose. 1st doc said 200 mg e2w. Did that for month. 2nd doc said that's not enough uped dose to 400mg e2w. I'm thinking there both crazy based on what I read here. I'm glad the 2nd doc gave me the higher dose so I can experiment but from what i read here I want to use either 100mg a week or 50 mg twice a week as a starting point. Either way my vials are 1ml of 200mg so it would be nice to settle on a dose that evenly uses a vial. Ill prob settle on either 50mg twice a week or 65 mg twice a week. I'm not looking to max out my numbers. Just want to feel better, lose a little weight and chase the wife around a little more. My total test was 198 when the doc 1st tested me. I didn't feel terrible but sex drive was super low and couldn't lose weight no matter how much I worked out or dieted.
I’d try dosing in the morning instead of before bed. Naturally, you test levels are lower at night and high upon waking so why not stay with that.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
That's serum sickness from the over stimulation of your immune system. High testosterone and high estrogens can do this. Drop your dose to 50mgs 2x weekly and get blood work in 4 weeks. Adjust from there.
This is the best advice you will find. 50mg twice per week is best for most men.
Most doctors have no business prescribing TRT. They don't have a clue.

If you still have issues after 6 weeks, you need to check your Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3 and do a 24 Hour Saliva Cortisol test.
*NOTE: SALIVA for cortisol. Blood test for cortisol is bound and not accurate. Saliva is extremely accurate and measures free cortisol.