Tribulus terrestris has no hormonal effects

S

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Well, I don't really care what the negative studies show. I know that at least I respond to it (alone or in combination with other herbs), and the effects I get are deffinately hormonal in nature. Faster beard growth, alpha male mentality, and deffinate difference in the boys are all the evidence I need to be convinced it works.

L

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Well, I don't really care what the negative studies show. I know that at least I respond to it (alone or in combination with other herbs), and the effects I get are deffinately hormonal in nature. Faster beard growth, alpha male mentality, and deffinate difference in the boys are all the evidence I need to be convinced it works.
Which trib does all this for you?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I do not beleive this study holds much water. The tests subjects were castrated meaning they have no testicles. Of course tribulus is not gonna convert in the body into testosterone or DHEA. Isnt the purpose of trib to enhance the bodies testosterone levels "naturally?" Wouldnt a test subject need to have testicles to be able to do that? This test proves that trib doesnt convert, but thats obvious.....I dont think this test proves that trib doesnt increase test levels.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
1) I believe the studies cited use a full-spectrum tribulus and not an extract. If they use an extract, it's not mentioned.

2) Studies don't dispute the sexual benefits received from tribulus supplementation.

3) What most studies say, is that tribulus is not anabolic.

4) From what i understand, most of the extracted substances are progesterone-mimics. So, even if they don't raise testosterone, they should increase the T-to-E ratio, which does have benefits. Which would probably most likely be a "leaning out" effect, or a recomp, as opposed to a weight gain due to a huge increase in mass.

Sorry about the numbered format, but I "think" better this way. Also, these are deductions on my part, and may not be altogether correct.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just like only so much can be taken from positive effects, the same applies to negative and/or no effects when it comes to animal studies.

Plus, as already pointed out, the methods were slightly odd and didn't make much sense.

S

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Which trib does all this for you?
Just the good old NOW Trib 1000. One tab in the morning and one before bed or evening workout 6 days on 1 off. I get great mood boost and the other things I mentioned with it. And the best part is the stuff is CHEAP. At that dose a $10.00 will last nearly 8 weeks. I found NO benefit at 3 tabs/day over 2/day though.

As for anabolic or not. Meh, I don't care anyway; I take the stuff for the mood I get more than anything. I figure if I can keep myself in a great mood, which allows me to be more motivated, I can push myself just a little more than I could without it, and that in itself will be anabolic.

The other product I LOVE is Diesel Test Hardcore. Stuff is the BOMB. Same effects, just WAY amplified along with strength gains and aggression. Worth every penny.