Travel - TRT

Azziko

Awards
I'm going somewhere for 9 days. Usually, take a shot twice a week. I am only allowed one personal item/bag on the plane. Don't want to carry the vile/needles with me on the plane. No Luggage because they charge starting 150 bucks. Would it be fine if I just took a week and a half dose this time for the 9 days so I don't have to bring the **** with me?

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That’s what I would do. At 9 days you are barely past the half life of cypionate. You shouldn’t feel much if any different than normal by the end. If you have a shorter ester test it might be more of an issue.
Assuming (and we all know what they say about assumptions) you’re taking cypionate somewhere around the standard 100mg weekly dose you shouldn’t notice much of a difference between how 50mg(x3) and 150mg makes you feel. Granted everyone reacts differently.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm going somewhere for 9 days. Usually, take a shot twice a week. I am only allowed one personal item/bag on the plane. Don't want to carry the vile/needles with me on the plane. No Luggage because they charge starting 150 bucks. Would it be fine if I just took a week and a half dose this time for the 9 days so I don't have to bring the **** with me?
I’ve carried my vial and pins in my carry on bag and I’ve have no issues what so ever flying with them. You prob won’t have an issue with missing the dose are pinning a little more to cover it but I’m a little OCD so I’d take my stuff with me and stay on schedule.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always pack your meds with you. I've traveled extensively world wide for 12 years on TRT and never once have been questioned. If there is any doubt, get a prescription note from your doc to keep with you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Me personally, I see absolutely zero need to bring trt along on a 9 day trip. I would take 1 to 1.5 times my normal dose the day I leave and call it a wrap, anything less then 3 weeks I see no reason to carry this stuff around weather it's legal or not. It's just an unnecessary item to be toting all over the place.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed that there will be no issue taking your stuff with you. Also agree that you will be okay for 9 days no matter what you are doing whether that is front loading the shot, or staying the same dose.

In all honestly I think it would be less of a hormonal swing to just take your normal dose before you go then take your normal dose when you return and then get right back on the usual schedule. That way no excessive jump in hormones messing with aromatization or shgb, and hardly any extra drop in levels from the halflife during the 2 days beyond the 7 you do normally.

I would just stay steady state. The other option is maybe you intend to eat like there is no tomorrow and doubling up before you go might help the surplus be used a little better.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If this was insulin or some kind of vital med I would bring it. But your not gonna be ,7 days in and be like, oh no! My t is getting low I need a shot.

You will be fine
Not necessarily depending on injection frequency and he is injecting twice weekly. Some people can be fine, but in general if you are injecting more frequently and then cut that back and essentially 2x+ the dose to make up for the time, you can feel lousy. Now, if you are used to larger 1x weekly injections, then I'd agree.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not necessarily depending on injection frequency and he is injecting twice weekly. Some people can be fine, but in general if you are injecting more frequently and then cut that back and essentially 2x+ the dose to make up for the time, you can feel lousy. Now, if you are used to larger 1x weekly injections, then I'd agree.
You don't think 99.9% of ppl are going to be perfectly fine going for 10 days with a testosterone injection.....

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I pin daily almost year round and if I stopped pinning for 2-3 weeks I would notice no difference in anything

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You are an anomaly then. No way majority of people go from frequent injections, especially daily and then skip multiple weeks without feeling like crap.
I have a lot of ppl I know personally that would fall in line with me. I'm not talking about skipping injections on a regular basis I'm talking about like once in the blue something like this happens they wouldn't have any issues either. At the end of the day it's all personal experience everyone's got to do what works for them. If this guy notices he feels crappy when he misses one then maybe he should bring it with him but I don't find that to be the case for many people. I also would say that from what I've seen it seems like the more you're on or the longer you've been on the less problems you would have. I'm going to assume that's because there's more in your system so it has longer time to clear out.

I'm not arguing with you at all. Just personal experience from both sides of the fence.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a lot of ppl I know personally that would fall in line with me. I'm not talking about skipping injections on a regular basis I'm talking about like once in the blue something like this happens they wouldn't have any issues either. At the end of the day it's all personal experience everyone's got to do what works for them. If this guy notices he feels crappy when he misses one then maybe he should bring it with him but I don't find that to be the case for many people. I also would say that from what I've seen it seems like the more you're on or the longer you've been on the less problems you would have. I'm going to assume that's because there's more in your system so it has longer time to clear out.

I'm not arguing with you at all. Just personal experience from both sides of the fence.
Cool, same here with my experiences on the other side. Most people I know on TRT feel low energy and moodiness when they are frequent injectors and miss multiple days. I personally always travel with mine because I do 2x weekly and have tried both injecting a weeks worth or more depending on travel time and keeping normal dose and skipping. Both sucked for me towards the end of the trip and I was so pissed about not bringing it.

There was always a thought to go back to 1x weekly when I was traveling a lot of skip the hassle but I much prefer more frequency.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've traveled the world and domestically for years and I always carry on everything I take with me. I've brought all kinds of injectable and oral PEDs, as well as needles. Never once been questioned about it at any checkpoint. I think they're pretty used to seeing it and don't look twice.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I went to Hawaii for 8 days in July. Pinned the morning before the flight and felt fine...trained and everything..then just pinned as soon as I got back. I usually oun twice a week so I just did a full dose the morning of the flight

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't think 99.9% of ppl are going to be perfectly fine going for 10 days with a testosterone injection.....
Honestly I’d feel it. I’ve been on prescribed TRT for nearly 10 years. I’ve had to skip an injection before and I could tell. Maybe it’s a placebo effect but either way I don’t feel the same.

Project223

Project223

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I had to stop trt cold turkey when my PSA spiked into cancer range. Luckily it turned out to be an infection instead but I had to be off of Test for about 6 months to figure that out.

After being on T for years it took over a month without T for me to start feeling like ****. It took six weeks for trt to take affect originally and took about as long after quitting to be back in the dumps. Granted, it became noticeable that I was losing the affects of T after a couple weeks it took much longer to change my state of well-being.

As always, not everybody is the same.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
There are many factors that come into play here. For some a TRT dose is 75mg of test per week. For others is it 500mg or more. Some use only short esters, some use only long, some use blends. I do daily injections. Some do weekly or even biweekly. Some have a body that will more quickly metabolize the ester and free the test, for others it takes twice as long.

I think in the end, you know your body and routine best. If you can manage the trip without an injection, why take the risk, even if it is miniscule. If I didn't do daily injections, I'd leave my gear at home for short weekend flights, even though I've flown dozens of times with zero problems.

That said, if I was in the middle of a blast, there is zero chance I'm leaving anything at home. I'm not going to take a chance that I won't get 100% of the benefit. We only have so many in the tank.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There are many factors that come into play here. For some a TRT dose is 75mg of test per week. For others is it 500mg or more. Some use only short esters, some use only long, some use blends. I do daily injections. Some do weekly or even biweekly. Some have a body that will more quickly metabolize the ester and free the test, for others it takes twice as long.

I think in the end, you know your body and routine best. If you can manage the trip without an injection, why take the risk, even if it is miniscule. If I didn't do daily injections, I'd leave my gear at home for short weekend flights, even though I've flown dozens of times with zero problems.

That said, if I was in the middle of a blast, there is zero chance I'm leaving anything at home. I'm not going to take a chance that I won't get 100% of the benefit. We only have so many in the tank.
Ummm, for some trt is 500 or more .... I know there are some people who are bad converters but I don't think anyone is going to be on 500 mg of test or more and have their testosterone levels within trt range

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ummm, for some trt is 500 or more .... I know there are some people who are bad converters but I don't think anyone is going to be on 500 mg of test or more and have their testosterone levels within trt range
I was just going to post the same thing until I saw yours.

Totally agree

BioHackJack

Awards
Sounds like really great advice here. I just wanted to share with you that I worried about it too. I took a 16 day surf trip to El Salvador in July and took my Test Cyp with me. I wanted to finish up a blast while on this trip....just to see what It'd be like surfing big waves 6-8 hours a day while enhanced. Before I left, I got a doctor's note just in case and used the vial box that had my name on it....because the vial itself didn't. Also as an unnecessary precaution, I sucked out all but what I was going to need for the trip and squirted the rest into another test cyp vial that I left at home....just in case my travel vial got confiscated. Of course, it didn't and no one said a thing about it...and it was in my backpack. Not making any suggestion to do what I did....just wanted to share. Enjoy your trip!

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, of course I should have worded it better, but you get the point.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
To those who carry on unmarked UGL vials when flying, do you place them in the clear liquids bag that you place in a separate bin for scanning at the security checkpoint per normal TSA protocol, or just leave the vials of oil in your carry on bag that you send through the scanner?

For myself, I take a little bit bigger dose and pin right before the drive to the airport, then I don’t worry about it. I may also take a tab of exemestane and some proviron with my supplements as a bit of a safety net. If on a blast, I would run a bigger frontload before I left and bring some orals. This is what guys competing internationally in strength sport typically do for contests like WSM that can take several weeks.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
To those who carry on unmarked UGL vials when flying, do you place them in the clear liquids bag that you place in a separate bin for scanning at the security checkpoint per normal TSA protocol, or just leave the vials of oil in your carry on bag that you send through the scanner?

For myself, I take a little bit bigger dose and pin right before the drive to the airport, then I don’t worry about it. I may also take a tab of exemestane and some proviron with my supplements as a bit of a safety net. If on a blast, I would run a bigger frontload before I left and bring some orals. This is what guys competing internationally in strength sport typically do for contests like WSM that can take several weeks.
I homebrew and just leave them in the main packed bag. I don't put them in the liquids bag or remove them for scanning separately.