Transdermal Application Sites

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are several threads on several locations suggested for transdermal application -- but I do not recall ever seeing the neck area discussed as a potential application site. My thought is that immediately after shaving, this area might be a good location for absorption. Are you aware of (or do you have) any thoughts or concerns with this?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I personally wouldn't do it immediately after shaving, although I rarely shave to the skin, maybe 3-4 times a year. except I do have the bakblade off amazon and I trip the back every 2-4 weeks. I still feel like it needs a few hrs before I'd want to put the topicals on.

People do say the idea of localized impact of most of our TDs is a silly notion, but I feel like ultra hard and dermacrine left my traps sore after a couple days of application there, sorta like a stiff neck but not in a way that left me unable to move. just sore.

I don't like applying to my feet unless I have a LOT of time before putting on my socks to make sure I get full absorption. I have been using more of my upper and inner upper arms (biceps and triceps) first lately, since they're my least hairy areas, then shoulders, then traps. If I do use the tops of my feet...i admittedly will often use one extra pump of whatever I'm using in case any is lost on socks.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There are several threads on several locations suggested for transdermal application -- but I do not recall ever seeing the neck area discussed as a potential application site. My thought is that immediately after shaving, this area might be a good location for absorption. Are you aware of (or do you have) any thoughts or concerns with this?
I have done this. It's like aftershave.

Screenshot_20231106_160734_Google.jpg

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wouldn't do that myself because I think doing it after shaving would make for the possibility of it irritating your skin more.

Similar to how I tell people to not apply them immediately after a shower, to wait at least 10 to 15 minutes for the skin to completely dry.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've never seen this area listed as a good application site but that doesn't mean it can't work... remember it's the number of capillaries under the skin along with the thickness that make for better adsorption. that said If you happen to shave your head, the scalp and forehead are among the very best application areas. at least for non-converting ingredients. If you are using transdermal hormones the traps and shoulders are great due to the pooling of certain enzymes in those areas which will help convert PHs to target parent hormones.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tried this yesterday (after showering, shaving and then allowing the area to dry) using an MD scripted product from a compounding pharmacy. Unlike many other products, the product is not skin irritating nor does it have a strong penetration enhancement "feel or smell". As far as an application site, after application it did not sting and there was no perceivable downside. As far as skin permeability, I have to assume that it may be an OK site, but I've not read anything to support or dispel that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tried this yesterday (after showering, shaving and then allowing the area to dry) using an MD scripted product from a compounding pharmacy. Unlike many other products, the product is not skin irritating nor does it have a strong penetration enhancement "feel or smell". As far as an application site, after application it did not sting and there was no perceivable downside. As far as skin permeability, I have to assume that it may be an OK site, but I've not read anything to support or dispel that.
I hope that it works out for you.

I want to clarify that my comments on it causing skin irritation or a break out, I don't mean the first time it's done. I mean that by definition, for it to be a transdermal and penetrate the skin, it has to disrupt the skin layer and my worry would be that over time, that disruption may turn into irritation in that area. Just wanted to clarify.

Different people are different and have different sensitivities. I hope it works out for you.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
will you do this daily? I'm curious to see results. if I encounter a TD that irritates my skin it's not usually on day 1 but after a few days of hitting the same spot. Today I started with the tops of both feet to allow them to dry longer with the DHEA and Alpha Gel. then I applied to upper arms and shoulders. then lastly some to traps allowing them the most possible time to dry out post shower. any time that I feel like I'm getting irritation I'll put some lotion on that area before bed.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I want to clarify that my comments on it causing skin irritation or a break out, I don't mean the first time it's done. I mean that by definition, for it to be a transdermal and penetrate the skin, it has to disrupt the skin layer and my worry would be that over time, that disruption may turn into irritation in that area. Just wanted to clarify.
if I encounter a TD that irritates my skin it's not usually on day 1 but after a few days of hitting the same spot.
nice timing lol I think we were thinking along the same lines

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Re daily use, no I really don't intend to - just (maybe) make it part of a rotation.

I have been fortunate that I've not had a negative reaction on any of the (customary) application sites.

I greatly appreciate everyone's well intended responses. Kudos.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever hit the temples with their TD?

I do this occasionally when I need a boost, but be very careful of the eyes. Not sure if it’s all placebo but feels like I get a mental boost. Came up with the idea after reading ancient threads on here about the old neurosteroids and figured temple skin is thin and it’s right next to the brain…