Training while on steroids

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So all,

Would like experienced folks to weigh in on this topic-Optimal training guidelines while on cyce

1) How many times per week do you lift on cycle?

2) How many times per week do you exercise each muscle group (once, twice, or three)?

3) How long are your typical sessions?

4) How much of a rest time do you take between sets?

5) How many sets do you typically do pet muscle group?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I blast, I will often throw in 2 a days. Recovery is much faster and I have the ability to get in efficient and productive workouts.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When I blast, I will often throw in 2 a days. Recovery is much faster and I have the ability to get in efficient and productive workouts.
The articles I have been reading all advocate for increased intensity and state
to train each muscle group once a week for a total of about 3 total sessions a week, but the articles differ when it comes to advice on length of the session. One says if you are truly training very intense your session should only last 45 minutes, but another advocates that optimal training time should be an hour and a half to 2 hours to take advantage of the increased recovery ability steroids gives a user. Would you be worried about overtraining if you attempted to train till failure on every set for 1.5 to 2 hour duration?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Whatever works for you before steroids will work on steroids. On steroids you can push your sessions harder which will need more recovery but the steroids make you recover faster. So train the same splits you know work, but work harder with more reps and sets. The best workout is the one you can stick to till gains stall out

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same thing I was doing to make gains while natural - Srs
Yeah I pretty much find this sentiment accurate.

Those articles are a bit lulzy, there are no cookie-cutter absolutes when natty, and neither are there any when on gear. Just like you try different frequencies/volumes/etc when natty to find what works for you, the same experimentation is a good idea when on-cycle.

In saying that though, I doubt youll stray too far on-cycle from what works for you off.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Perceived intensity should never change. You should always be pushing as hard as possible no matter what. I’m assuming as a natural , your amount of volume and intensity would be diminished . Basically, hitting a wall faster than you would on enhancements. I’m also guessing on gear you have a much better pump and mind muscle connection.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The articles I have been reading all advocate for increased intensity and state
to train each muscle group once a week for a total of about 3 total sessions a week, but the articles differ when it comes to advice on length of the session. One says if you are truly training very intense your session should only last 45 minutes, but another advocates that optimal training time should be an hour and a half to 2 hours to take advantage of the increased recovery ability steroids gives a user. Would you be worried about overtraining if you attempted to train till failure on every set for 1.5 to 2 hour duration?
If I am ever at the gym for more than 60 min, then I am doing something wrong. I don’t chit chat or walk around. I have a focused approach and generally can get in what I plan within 45 min. I’ll do any HIIT and cardio work outside of the gym.

My workouts don’t change from normal from a program standpoint. I can just add in additional work without consequence of poor recovery. I used to do this before each rugby season or when I was training for any competition- Muay Thai, DH mtn biking, etc.. Now I do it for fun and some ego.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perceived intensity should never change. You should always be pushing as hard as possible no matter what. I’m assuming as a natural , your amount of volume and intensity would be diminished . Basically, hitting a wall faster than you would on enhancements. I’m also guessing on gear you have a much better pump and mind muscle connection.
I don’t agree with the need to push as hard as possible all the time. There are benefits to putting in less than 100% and honestly I personally have reaped more benefits over 28 years by leaving some in the tank.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don’t agree with the need to push as hard as possible all the time. There are benefits to putting in less than 100% and honestly I personally have reaped more benefits over 28 years by leaving some in the tank.
I think if your only training a body part once a week then you gotta push it to the limit or damn close. I like to hit everything twice, sometimes 3 times a week so if I went ham every session I'd be toast

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I am ever at the gym for more than 60 min, then I am doing something wrong. I don’t chit chat or walk around. I have a focused approach and generally can get in what I plan within 45 min. I’ll do any HIIT and cardio work outside of the gym.

My workouts don’t change from normal from a program standpoint. I can just add in additional work without consequence of poor recovery. I used to do this before each rugby season or when I was training for any competition- Muay Thai, DH mtn biking, etc.. Now I do it for fun and some ego.
This might be true for you but it’s certainly not the case for everyone. Even without any chit chat or cellphone or whatever no way am I getting my workouts done under an hour. On a Deload phase? Sure.. during a cut? Absolutely possible. During a mass building phase on high gear and high macros? Impossible that my workouts are less than an hour and a half. Sometimes more with cardio

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This might be true for you but it’s certainly not the case for everyone. Even without any chit chat or cellphone or whatever no way am I getting my workouts done under an hour. On a Deload phase? Sure.. during a cut? Absolutely possible. During a mass building phase on high gear and high macros? Impossible that my workouts are less than an hour and a half. Sometimes more with cardio
Yeah Mathb33, that is why I didn't make a sweeping comment and applied it only to myself.

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
What mathby said I agree with.

my shits 2-3 minute rest times. My chest tris is 5 sets of flat incline and flys and then close grip skull crushers and push downs sometimes some dips too.

thats 30-45 minutes of time in between sets just by itself. Workouts come out to about 1.5-2 hours I’d love to be out in an hour and 15

me em my shortest work out which is shoulders is basically 5 sets ohp side laterals shrugs reverse flys. About 20 sets so.. donno how the **** I’d do that in 60 minutes without supersetting