Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Edit: if you have just found this log we have been bullshyting for like 8 months.

The New half ass log and current bullshit starts around page 49.

WELCOME TO MY SHYTSHOW

Ok, ocd and a lack of motivation made me start a new log. I just like to think of it as a new page in a notebook and I'm off for keeping tidy notebooks.

Got back in the gym for a real workout today. Mostly cardio based around boxing.

6 rounds of shadow boxing and jumping rope

3 rounds on the heavy bag

Shoulder pin press - worked up to 245x3, now this is far from failure but I'm trying to set myself up for weekly increases of 5lbs per week. It probably won't get hard till 275. At that point il stop doing the boxing before lifting and continue from there.

Did a couple sets of db krushers and then a 20 min hiit style thing with the heavy bag, push ups, planks and stuff like that.

Completely gassed out. Felt good but also dramatically less endurance then I had about 2 months ago.

Will do little bits and pieces of strength training scattered throughout the week and then train the full body over the weekend with more hypertrophy work.

No direct goals as of yet outside of increasing endurance first and strength seccond.

I'm not getting overly worried about diet at the moment. But I am starting some peptides/mk

2mg cjc dac on Saturdays
25mg mk Monday through Friday
Insulagen with my post workout meals 3 caps and il probably randomly add 3 caps in to other meals here and there if carbs are high.

I also took 12mg of the new version of carderine pre workout today and didn't notice anything but honestly, I have nothing to compare too as I've been slacking on the cardio. Will be using 12mg daily pre workout 6 days a week

Last edited:
jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok. I am in

Btw, how is Insuligen? I didn't see a lot of reviews about it here or anywhere else. When it launched it was quite the hype here, but fizzled out very quickly too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In.

You probably don’t want to spend twice as much (stuff ain’t cheap), but 4mg/wk (a 2mg shot e3.5d) is the optimal dose of CJC with DAC in the human study. 2mg will certainly help, but there was basically a dose-dependent increased response with the higher dose of 4mg per week & no reported adverse events really, just the same as 2mg total.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In again on the revamp……

Good to see you starting to feel better and trying to get back to normal. The MK and CJC combo was the closest thing to HGH for me, love that stack.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
In.

You probably don’t want to spend twice as much (stuff ain’t cheap), but 4mg/wk (a 2mg shot e3.5d) is the optimal dose of CJC with DAC in the human study. 2mg will certainly help, but there was basically a dose-dependent increased response with the higher dose of 4mg per week & no reported adverse events really, just the same as 2mg total.
I'm not worried about the money, il double up

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok. I am in

Btw, how is Insuligen? I didn't see a lot of reviews about it here or anywhere else. When it launched it was quite the hype here, but fizzled out very quickly too.
Il let you know, last time I used it I really didn't pay much attention. This time in going to really experiment with it, I'm going to use it as if in situations where I would want insulin. Mostly with my post workout meal because that's my highest carb meal but I will also use it with pre and post workout meals on the weekends.

Schedule is crazy again and I hate to say it but I'm going to rely a little more on protein shakes and bars. Still not as much as others but here is my very NOT Strict meal plan at the moment.

👇

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
5am I leave for work and it's a 1.5hr ride
On the ride il have a large coffee with cream and no sugar and a protein bar

9am grilled chicken and spinach on a wrap with cheese

12:15 same as last meal but with some fruit

4:00ish Greek yogurt

5:15-6:45(sometimes it will be later) workout with creatine, aminos, a little bit of carbs, electrolytes, caffeine

Post workout 50gm whey mixed with water

8:00pm 8oz lean meat and 2 cups of rice, after that il eat some kind of small dessert if I feel like it (il most likely feel like it) this is the meal I'm taking the insulagen.

If I wake up middle of the night I have a PBJ and glass of milk waiting in the fridge.

Very loose diet plan but believe it or not, it's 700 calories a day less then I've been eating the last ast 2 weeks. I been going ham!

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

5:15-6:45(sometimes it will be later) workout with creatine, aminos, a little bit of carbs, electrolytes, caffeine

8:00pm 8oz lean meat and 2 cups of rice, after that il eat some kind of small dessert if I feel like it (il most likely feel like it) this is the meal I'm taking the insulagen.

If I wake up middle of the night I have a PBJ and glass of milk waiting in the fridge.

Very loose diet plan but believe it or not, it's 700 calories a day less then I've been eating the last ast 2 weeks. I been going ham!
I believe it actually, I'm sure you'll get enough calories in, or adjust as needed, but man for me I'm not sure I could do that few meals. I'm just always, always hungry (about to make more food as I type this).

I'm probably averaging 7 meals a day right now. It's wonderful actually! :D

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I believe it actually, I'm sure you'll get enough calories in, or adjust as needed, but man for me I'm not sure I could do that few meals. I'm just always, always hungry (about to make more food as I type this).

I'm probably averaging 7 meals a day right now. It's wonderful actually! :D
I'm still eating 7 times a day

Protein bar and coffee

Grilled chicken wrap

Grilled chicken wrap and fruit

Greek yogurt

Protein shake

Chicken and rice with a dessert sometimes

Pbj and milk

It's 3300 calories

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, you're splitting it up well, and definitely a good amount of calories.

I'm usually eating meals (not 3 course dinners every time of course), and I'm not counting calories either. I just don't think a protein bar could tide me over for very long. And I wasn't counting my proteins shakes or my intra workout carb/EAAs either in my count...

I love that I'm still able to make progress and am happy enough with my physique that I don't have to count calories or cut. Livin the good life!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, you're splitting it up well, and definitely a good amount of calories.

I'm usually eating meals (not 3 course dinners every time of course), and I'm not counting calories either. I just don't think a protein bar could tide me over for very long. And I wasn't counting my proteins shakes or my intra workout carb/EAAs either in my count...

I love that I'm still able to make progress and am happy enough with my physique that I don't have to count calories or cut. Livin the good life!
Well no, a protein bar dosent hold me over very long, I'm usually starving by 9 am but I can't eat a meal while I'm driving on the highway lol. I also am not usually hungry for a full size meal apon waking.

But those wraps are 650 calories each, the fruit is a little over 100 cal, the protein bar and coffee is 350, the Greek yogurt is 150, by the time I leave work for the day I've already ate 1900, then my intra drink is 50, my post workout shake is 280 now I'm at 2230 and my dinner is a little over 1000.

I just realized I didn't count the PBJ and milk. I'm at 3300 without the late night PBJ and milk lol. If I eat that it's another 620 calories.

****! I'm still eating way too much lol. I'm so hungry all the time 😫😫😫😫

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Last week I ate 4 packs of pop tarts and 16 oz fairlife milk 2 nights in a row. That "snack" is 1840 calories, but my average day was 4000ish, I thought I was almost 700 less this week but I gotta eliminate that PBJ lol, I was planning to use that to satisfy the sweet tooth

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok sparring session in a few minutes, peace out bitches

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Last week I ate 4 packs of pop tarts and 16 oz fairlife milk 2 nights in a row. That "snack" is 1840 calories, but my average day was 4000ish, I thought I was almost 700 less this week but I gotta eliminate that PBJ lol, I was planning to use that to satisfy the sweet tooth
My advice to my wife when she wants something super sugary is to just get a little taste of it (like dab your fork on the desert, rather than taking a full bite). Get the taste on your tongue, and if you want a little more, do it a few more times. Sugary foods have a ton more sugar than they need, your tongue can't taste it all, so most of it isn't even giving you any actual enjoyment.

If your goal is just to gain weight and load up on calories, then maybe they have their place. But if all you're looking for is to satosfy that sweet tooth, then just limit yourself to how much you can have and get some peanut butter and enjoy!

I've been off the candy and processed sugars for close to a year now, and my personal "sweet" snack of choice is peanuts and raisins. Mix em up together and graze on em; tastes a lot like a PB&J but I'm not going crazy w the sugar and oil from the PB or J, and I cut out the bread.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No lifting weights today, just boxing and home. Had all the meals listed up till now (post workout meal) I got some stuff in the fridge I don't want to go bad so im eating a couple ground beef patties and some pasta with ground steak and red sauce.

I'm still starving and I'm almost finished.

Need to step on the scale tomorrow, I'm guessing I'm close to 210, oddly enough, other then a little pudge on the mid section it doesn't look too bad. Everything seems to be growing proportionally but I'm putting on fat just as fast as muscle and I gotta cut this **** out lol

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My advice to my wife when she wants something super sugary is to just get a little taste of it (like dab your fork on the desert, rather than taking a full bite). Get the taste on your tongue, and if you want a little more, do it a few more times. Sugary foods have a ton more sugar than they need, your tongue can't taste it all, so most of it isn't even giving you any actual enjoyment.

If your goal is just to gain weight and load up on calories, then maybe they have their place. But if all you're looking for is to satosfy that sweet tooth, then just limit yourself to how much you can have and get some peanut butter and enjoy!

I've been off the candy and processed sugars for close to a year now, and my personal "sweet" snack of choice is peanuts and raisins. Mix em up together and graze on em; tastes a lot like a PB&J but I'm not going crazy w the sugar and oil from the PB or J, and I cut out the bread.
Good advice……I don’t have much of a sweet tooth for like candy or processed sugars, but I do love fruit. I haven’t done a true bulk in awhile, but when I did I loved PB&J or PB & Honey for a late night snack with a glass of Fairlife milk.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good advice……I don’t have much of a sweet tooth for like candy or processed sugars, but I do love fruit. I haven’t done a true bulk in awhile, but when I did I loved PB&J or PB & Honey for a late night snack with a glass of Fairlife milk.
Noooooooo lol, not good advice (for me).

I'm a fukin piece of shyt when it comes to junk food (cookies and cakes) having a little taste is what sets me off and that's where I go downhill.

Im a all or nothing person. If you give me a taste I need the whole thing and then I want more.

All jokes aside it probably is great advice for ppl who are able to practice moderation. But for me it's like telling a junkie, hey, when you want some dope, just take a tiny little bit and see how you feel before getting high and going on a drug binge lol.

Ok, morning weight is only 202, I forgot the power of doing manual labor outside in 90+ degree weather 10 hours a day lol.

This gives me a lot of confidence in knowing I just need to clean it up

I also know now that my maintenance calories are stupid high of I haven't been gaining weight on all this extra junk.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Years ago, and I mean years ago, the lowest body fat I had was 10 % and I was fluctuating between 205 to 210, and my maintenance calories was around 4000, so I bet your maintenance is probably 4000 or more.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This is really low cals considering the work and your training. Interested to see what comes out of this experiment.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Noooooooo lol, not good advice (for me).

I'm a fukin piece of shyt when it comes to junk food (cookies and cakes) having a little taste is what sets me off and that's where I go downhill.

Im a all or nothing person. If you give me a taste I need the whole thing and then I want more.

All jokes aside it probably is great advice for ppl who are able to practice moderation. But for me it's like telling a junkie, hey, when you want some dope, just take a tiny little bit and see how you feel before getting high and going on a drug binge lol.

Ok, morning weight is only 202, I forgot the power of doing manual labor outside in 90+ degree weather 10 hours a day lol.

This gives me a lot of confidence in knowing I just need to clean it up

I also know now that my maintenance calories are stupid high of I haven't been gaining weight on all this extra junk.
and there you go. lol Already realized it..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is really low cals considering the work and your training. Interested to see what comes out of this experiment.
It be more interesting to see how many cheat meals I have, I woke up at 2 am and ate a full size meal. Almost 1000 calories.

Ideally I'd like to be hovering in the mid 190's but idk if that's gonna happen.

This is why I said the diet is loose. Because it's not really a diet plan, it's just what I'm eating at the moment.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Years ago, and I mean years ago, the lowest body fat I had was 10 % and I was fluctuating between 205 to 210, and my maintenance calories was around 4000, so I bet your maintenance is probably 4000 or more.
I'm going to find out soon enough and 4000 is roughly what I've been eating on average. I've had some bad nights lol.

As you all can probably tell by now I'm either locked in on my diet or it's completely out the window.

I think it was last Friday after work that I stopped at McDonald's.

Had all my planned 3300 cals plus a double quarter pounder with cheese value meal and a Oreo McFlurry, then later that night I had two packs of cinnamon Pop-Tarts and a couple glasses of milk. But I woke up in the middle of the night and ate a bunch of cupcakes that my kids had made. That's got to be like 7,000 calories easy lol.

So far so good today.

Had peanut butter and fig jam on two slices of toast with a coffee and a protein bar for breakfast, grilled chicken wrap at 9:00 a.m., then I'm having another grilled chicken wrap right this minute, then I've got my Greek yogurt cup with some almonds and a little fruit bowl for after work as my pre-workout snack.

Today is boxing and either squats or weighted chins with probably 1 accessory move after. Or maybe il do both of those with some hammer curls after.

If you guys can tell nothing is really set in stone right now and I'm all over the place but I really do feel like the most important part is just making sure I get to the gym and trying to get my diet under control. I'm not so much worried about the calories as I'm worried about the lack of quality nutrition.

After lunch I gotta dig the rocks out of this ditch, hang some heavy duty mesh, secure everything and cover it with shotcrete. Definitely gonna burn a metric fukton of calories

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Cool man, enjoy your food while you're in this phase then! If/when you want to cut again, you know how. But for now: just track it and enjoy your food, and get as much rest as you can/deserve.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
45min moderate intensity boxing work
Weighted chins worked up to 75lbs for 5
Squat was 1 rest pause set of 135x67, I was going for 100 but my wrists are not flexible enough to hold the bar for that long and I need to figure something out maybe I'll use some lifting straps and hold on to them over my shoulders. This is not me thinking I'm going to build muscle with super high rep squats I'm trying to work on muscular endurance in my legs for other purposes.
Then I finished off with a couple 12 rep sets of hammer curls called it a wrap.

I also just found out that this thing the gym is having in the middle of October is not a bench press competition it is an all-around strength competition. There's no real definition of whether it's powerlifting or strong man it's kind of a combination.

He said they're going to do an axel bar deadlift a bench press and a few other lifts. He's just referring to it as a strength competition.

He said he'll give me some more information on it within the next week or two.

I have really bad hand and finger strength from fuckin my hands up Soo many times over the years.

I mean it's still probably as good as the average Joe but terrible in comparison to my lifing, boxing and grappling.

Anyone got some easy ways to strengthen the hands that won't negative impact my job?

I've tried grippers and squeezing sand and direct forearm work like wrist curl wrist ext but little benifit. I need actual hand strength

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
45min moderate intensity boxing work
Weighted chins worked up to 75lbs for 5
Squat was 1 rest pause set of 135x67, I was going for 100 but my wrists are not flexible enough to hold the bar for that long and I need to figure something out maybe I'll use some lifting straps and hold on to them over my shoulders. This is not me thinking I'm going to build muscle with super high rep squats I'm trying to work on muscular endurance in my legs for other purposes.
Then I finished off with a couple 12 rep sets of hammer curls called it a wrap.

I also just found out that this thing the gym is having in the middle of October is not a bench press competition it is an all-around strength competition. There's no real definition of whether it's powerlifting or strong man it's kind of a combination.

He said they're going to do an axel bar deadlift a bench press and a few other lifts. He's just referring to it as a strength competition.

He said he'll give me some more information on it within the next week or two.

I have really bad hand and finger strength from fuckin my hands up Soo many times over the years.

I mean it's still probably as good as the average Joe but terrible in comparison to my lifing, boxing and grappling.

Anyone got some easy ways to strengthen the hands that won't negative impact my job?

I've tried grippers and squeezing sand and direct forearm work like wrist curl wrist ext but little benifit. I need actual hand strength
As far as I know grippers are still the best way to strengthen the hand and grip, and of course not using straps when lifting, if you’re able.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As far as I know grippers are still the best way to strengthen the hand and grip, and of course not using straps when lifting, if you’re able.
I can lift without straps but it's counter productive for everything other then grip, my grip strength is a limiting factor so when I'm training my back if my grip gives out I cannot train my back properly. Say I'm doing a row, if my grip gives out on the 8th rep but my back still has 10 reps in the tank I'm doing no justice for my back, like I might as well not even train back.

So while I completely understand what you're saying I need to keep my grip training separate because back day is not grip day. and it's also only back that I use straps for.

I am going to stop using straps on deadlift and I'm going to try deadlifting with fat grips. I also did my weighted Pull-Ups yesterday no straps. I can go heavy without the straps but in higher rep ranges the straps are a must for my grip will give out before my back's even close to getting a good workout

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can lift without straps but it's counter productive for everything other then grip, my grip strength is a limiting factor so when I'm training my back if my grip gives out I cannot train my back properly. Say I'm doing a row, if my grip gives out on the 8th rep but my back still has 10 reps in the tank I'm doing no justice for my back, like I might as well not even train back.

So while I completely understand what you're saying I need to keep my grip training separate because back day is not grip day. and it's also only back that I use straps for.

I am going to stop using straps on deadlift and I'm going to try deadlifting with fat grips. I also did my weighted Pull-Ups yesterday no straps. I can go heavy without the straps but in higher rep ranges the straps are a must for my grip will give out before my back's even close to getting a good workout
Back when I arm wrestled I still used straps for like Deadlifts and any heavy Rows, but I didn’t on Pull-ups, Chin-ups, and back then I could do one arm Chin-ups, but that was on Back day. When I worked arms and forearms, I would do grip work with various grippers, and one really effective exercise was to hang from a pull-up bar and roll open your grip, hanging on with just the fingers, and then roll back and squeeze, like you would with a bar, but much harder. After a couple of sets of overhand and then underhand I would hang as long as possible with a static hold. It’s really hard, but very effective. And if you can’t do them free hanging at first, support feet and legs with a bench. Hopefully that makes sense. If grip strength is really important for you, adding that routine to a program is very versatile and effective, and will definitely give you that Gorilla grip. Not sure you really wanted to go to that extent though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
To me, the obvious solution is to always work your grip to failure on the deads, rows, chins, all back work, then add straps for a final set to hit true failure. This WILL force your grip to improve over time. It may not reach your maximum strength potential, but grip can climb and then add the straps and let strength and muscle climb. If you are training to failure, you do not need many sets of true failure for hypertrophy if you are in the correct range. So work til grip gives, shake it off with a short rest, then strap up and kill the muscle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
To me, the obvious solution is to always work your grip to failure on the deads, rows, chins, all back work, then add straps for a final set to hit true failure. This WILL force your grip to improve over time. It may not reach your maximum strength potential, but grip can climb and then add the straps and let strength and muscle climb. If you are training to failure, you do not need many sets of true failure for hypertrophy if you are in the correct range. So work til grip gives, shake it off with a short rest, then strap up and kill the muscle.
That's pretty much what I already do.

On heavy pulling movements I go with no straps until my grip gives out and then I add the straps. I don't start my exercise with straps.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I figured I'd do my own little log/review on this product.

I AM A REP FOR THIS COMPANY, which you already know, but if I feel like this stuff dosent work then I'm gonna tell you that it dont work.

I'm confident in Mike Arnold's track record tho so I have high hopes.

IMG_20220811_194353925.jpg

IMG_20220811_194405789.jpg

Now the label says to take three caps two times a day with your high carb meals.

So far it's only been a few days and I'm only taking three caps one time a day with my post workout meal. And i noticed that very shortly after my post workout meal I'm hungry again and that's about all I can say.

After I hit the gym I slam a shake with 50 g of whey mixed with water and then an hour later I have a meal containing 50g of protein and about 100G of carbs with 3 caps of insuligen.

Saturday I will take 3 caps pre and post workout and see if I notice a difference.

I'm hoping that the pre workout dose (this is with a pre-workout meal about an hour-1.5hr before I hit the gym will result in a much larger or more noticeable pump.

Over the course of the next 5-6 weeks il be look for improvements in body composition.

You guys know I'm not a big fan of recomps, I don't think they are optimal.

But to get a proper understanding of what this is doing I feel like I shouldn't make too many variables.

So I'm trying to clean up the food choices without messing with total calories too much and looking for better nutrient partitioning.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interested definitely to see what you see. I wonder how it will affect your energy in training, adding it to the preWO meal, if you will have more energy or feel like you need more carbs intra or what have you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Interested definitely to see what you see. I wonder how it will affect your energy in training, adding it to the preWO meal, if you will have more energy or feel like you need more carbs intra or what have you.
That's definitely what I'm looking out for. My thoughts on post workout was just to make better use of carbs for recovery and topping off glycogen stores. But I knew I wouldn't "feel" or "notice" much.

Pre-workout should be different. Il start with 3 caps and 100g carbs pre workout

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m interested to see what you notice, and sounds like early on it’s already working. I’ve never had anything that didn’t work from Mike, so I bet it’s going to be good.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok so we're trying out insuligen @ 3 caps with pre workout meal.

The meal was 4oz chicken breast, 2 whole eggs and 100gm carbs from white rice and ketchup. Il wait about 1.5 hours and go hit the gym
It's pull day with some leg work added

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well I screwed up a bit. I want back to bed after that meal and now like 3.5 hours have passed. I'm probably just going to eat again, go about my day and lift weights tonight.

Il try that again tomorrow lol.

I've noticed lately that I sleep a lot more on my day off and it's usually a bunch of napping. It's like a unsuccessful attempt to catch up on sleep. I know from a medical standpoint it takes months to fix a crappy sleep pattern and it's impossible to catch up on the weekends but there's something mentally benificial about it to me.

I'm always GO, GO, GO so it's nice to have days where I can just do nothing or relax

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ended up doing a group workout with a couple ppl. I don't even know what if call it.

Sled pushes, tire flips, sledgehammer on the tire, box jumps and then I did some heavy bag work.

After went to a Mediterranean place and had a mezza bowl? Rice chicken and a bunch of what I would call Greek food. I don't know the macros but I weighed the container and it was 3lbs of food lol. Sorry I thought I took a better picture

IMG_20220813_172945_00~2.jpg

Guess tomorrow I'm gonna wing it at the gym and train whatever feels fresh

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just thinking out loud here, I like to use my logs like a notebook.

Tomorrow I'm definitely going to do some sort of bench press variation that is not a flat barbell bench, il follow that with some sort of fly, move on to some lat work and finish with some reverse curls and direct hand strength stuff

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looked up some percentages of one rep max stuff so I can start working on progression on the bench. I'm going to press 3 times a week I think, today was a low incline, the next time I press it'll be a high incline or shoulder pin press and then I'll bench press one day a week.

Today's workout was

Low incline working up to 260 for 3x3 then 225 for as many reps as possible which was 28, 15 second rest pause and I squeezed out 5 more then another 15 second rest pause and squeezed out 3 more. So in about 1 minute I did 36 reps with 225

Dropped to 205 for a couple sets of CGB

Db fly 35's for 30 reps with a hold in the stretch at the end.

Follow that up with a dual handle cable pull-down and some cable pullovers

I rope press down and then a rotating dumbbell curl. I don't even know what the real name for that curl is but basically you start in a hammer curl position, you curl the weight up into a normal dumbbell curl position and then on the way down it turns into a reverse curl.

Finished up with some abs.

Today's weight was 202.5

IMG_20220814_110609601~2.jpg
IMG_20220814_110607120~2.jpg
IMG_20220814_110658396~2.jpg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The first picture was before lifting and the seccond 2 are after my workout, was trying to see the difference in the pump. I think it's noticable from the first 2 pics quite a bit

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I'm running a little baby cycle again. 300 test and 300 eq and I think I'm 2 or 3 weeks in

Yes I know that's not enough eq, il probably bump up to 450 each.

But I got a question, this cycle is trash for strength gains, anyone think that adding 200mg of npp for 4-5 weeks would have any benefits? I don't handle 19nors well but I can handle 25-30mg sub q daily, I could probably handle tren ace that way as well.

I'm already over the weight limit by a few lbs so I cant use anadrol or SD unless it's for like 4-5 days before I do this little strength comp.

I also have 100x50mg winstrol tabs, and WINSTROL DOES NOT GIVE ME JOINT PAIN, NOT AT ALL.

so that may ba a option.

I'm looking for something to use for about 5 weeks leading up to the comp

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So basically my cycle is 300 test/300eq for 6 weeks then I'm think 450/450 and add 200mg of npp and this would last 6 more weeks into the comp (npp the last 4-5). Then I would drop everything except for 150 test and cut 20lbs hopefully for a boxing match 5 weeks later. (Yes it's going to be a shitty cut lol)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm a little hesitant to use a gram of gear as I have not gone very high in a long time but with the gear selection I feel like it's still a very mild cycle

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm still eating 7 times a day

Protein bar and coffee

Grilled chicken wrap

Grilled chicken wrap and fruit

Greek yogurt

Protein shake

Chicken and rice with a dessert sometimes

Pbj and milk

It's 3300 calories
You know I not a fan of protein shakes and bars( my best rich pianna impression) but I still think there's a enough whole food there and honestly sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I mean hunter Labrada basically lives on protein powder and he's a top 10 bodybuilder in the world

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way @gphagan1 , you were pretty close, I figured out my maintenance calories and it's about 3800-3900 and I haven't even put all the cardio back in yet, only doing about 30-45min 4xweek so far