Training legs fpr definition

Deepwatercook

Deepwatercook

Awards
Hello all i am recent to this site used to come on here alot couple of years ago .

My question is this what really helps define your legs ? Ky upper body is rather lean nice athlethic built . My rep ranges are from 8 - 12 i usually superset everything . With 45 sec to 1:15 rest tops . I have a dynamic warm up before i even start to lift . This way my joint and body is ready . I usually run 2 to 5 days a week . I also include pylometrics in each workout . I am aiming to define they are strong for my size . So right now for 5 weeka im running

Back squats >< walking lunges
Back squat extra set is a drop set

Goblet squat ><hurdle jumpes

Leg extension 15 reps go heavier 6 reps
Repeat 4 times 5th set is a drop set

Depending on the gym im at i either do leg presses or curls .

Hip abductors i believe there called? <

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nothing really, build the leg muscles and drop bodyfat to see the muscle.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah just work them well.

Leg definition is largely genetic like anything else. Some guys upper body come in earlier and some guys quads. Notice on this picture for this past summer, Junior Nationals, im on far right and guy on left left has better abs than me, but I have more separation in my quads. Most of the guys here have good quad separation and were better conditioned than I.

Heres another one to show my quads

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah just work them well.

Leg definition is largely genetic like anything else. Some guys upper body come in earlier and some guys quads. Notice on this picture for this past summer, Junior Nationals, im on far right and guy on left left has better abs than me, but I have more separation in my quads. Most of the guys here have good quad separation and were better conditioned than I.

Heres another one to show my quads
A little constructive criticism, your quads dwarf your arms and calves, going by that pick. If you bring those up you got a good look with that tiny waist. I'm assuming that's classic physique. What is the weight limit for Your height, u look pretty tall

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A little constructive criticism, your quads dwarf your arms and calves, going by that pick. If you bring those up you got a good look with that tiny waist. I'm assuming that's classic physique. What is the weight limit for Your height, u look pretty tall
Weight limit is 230 at 6ft2. I measured in at 6ft2.5 so maybe can stretch it to 238, but 230 lbs to be safe. Im like 225-227 or so im offseason and havent pushed things as hard as I could have, ie training, anabolics, etc this offseason, ive focused on keeping my waist tighter. Yep Classic Physique

Ive been working on bringing arms up this year and they have improved quite a bit.

I did go through intense hit type training back in september and hurt my kneecap doing five plates per side on a bad hack squat machine, and got a left kneecap and hamstring injury back in september , its been three months and haven't been able to do leg extensions and been doing high reps , lighter weight for me. I switched gyms tyo another hack squat machine thats good. Past couple weeks finally got up to two plates on hack squat machine. Thankfully it has improved some and feels good to be able to make improvements, even if they are smaller each week.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's tough, 14lbs gives you room for big improvements, 4lbs not so much.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's tough, 14lbs gives you room for big improvements, 4lbs not so much.
Was talking to a buddy in gym and I was talking about getting fat off. He said, what fat. I have to explain what it takes to be on stage.

I'm a good 10 lbs of fat currently. from being stage ready, probably more like 15 or more