Torn pec

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just happen sitting in waiting room of Er. Front delt is turning black and blue. Did this flat bench pressing. Never had this before what can I do to get me back to normal as soon as possible?

natureman4

Awards
Find a good rehab doc and do what they say. If it's actually torn enough to turn black and blue I'd try to get out of the "as soon as possible" mindset. It'll take some time and you'll do yourself good by being patient with the situation.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Find a good rehab doc and do what they say. If it's actually torn enough to turn black and blue I'd try to get out of the "as soon as possible" mindset. It'll take some time and you'll do yourself good by being patient with the situation.
Right. Just sucks I just started taking mk677 and cjc1295 combo. My strength went way up after 2 weeks and boom injury... just trying to do all I can optimally to recover.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Get imaging. Find out what is torn, and how badly

Decide if you need and want the surgery.

Get the surgery if need be

Use the following to heal faster
BPC-157
TB-500
HGH
Collagen Peptides
Medical Grade Protein aka Pepto Pro aka pre digested hydrolized proteins

Rest the area, hydrate super well

I say this having 3 surgeries for torn muscles in the past 4 years. And recovering in all cases in 60% of the estimated healing time or less using the above mentioned compounds, aka I am an expert in off the grid healing.

I sell many of these items too, lab tested if anyone needs them.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do what the Dr. Says first and foremost.

Don't try to train around it.

Hgh
Bpc 157
Tb500

Those will speed up recovery.

But it just happened man so relax I wouldn't think about doing anything at all at first just take a week or so and get through all the motions with your doctor see if you need surgery and all that stuff first

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do what the Dr. Says first and foremost.

Don't try to train around it.

Hgh
Bpc 157
Tb500

Those will speed up recovery.

But it just happened man so relax I wouldn't think about doing anything at all at first just take a week or so and get through all the motions with your doctor see if you need surgery and all that stuff first
I went to medexpress and they did an xray and ruled it as a strain. But I don't trust them so going to get an mri done by an orthopedics. Problem is I will be sometime next week before I can get in.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

BPC-157
TB-500
HGH
Collagen Peptides

I say this having 3 surgeries for torn muscles in the past 4 years. And recovering in all cases in 60% of the estimated healing time or less using the above mentioned compounds, aka I am an expert in off the grid healing.

Going to place an order for tb500 amd bpc.
Hgh is hard to know what is legit. I am taking mk677 and cjc so I will continue to take this.

Collagen peptides and pepto pro I have no clue where to buy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

BPC-157
TB-500
HGH
Collagen Peptides

All of this.

Get the imaging so you can assess the best course of action (just rehab, or surgery then rehab). If it is surgery, get it asap. Then take those compounds (HGH is optimal, but ideal - the rest are all legal/research/otc so you have no excuse for not being able to get ahold of them) in conjunction with the appropriate rest from training and focus on rehab work.

Healing is not going to be doing nothing, it will be deliberate, boring, often tedious frequent movement work that restores function slowly without overtaxing or inhibiting healing. Do not worry about how fast before you lift again; that will come soonest if you prioritize optimal recovery/rehab. And optimal may be faster than the numbers you hear, but it’s not about fastest, just about the best result possible.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You will get through this and come out the other side stronger.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
X-ray is not used to assess tears. It’s for assessing bone/ joint injuries and arthritis. You need an MRI. Good luck. I have felt your pain.

Last edited:

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I went to medexpress and they did an xray and ruled it as a strain. But I don't trust them so going to get an mri done by an orthopedics. Problem is I will be sometime next week before I can get in.
dude if its black n blue its torn for sure

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe as not as bad as I thought. Won't know until I see a doctor and he schedules an MRI. Just sucks it's a slow process.

My thing is I just started taking cjc1295 dac and mk677 two weeks ago. Should I still continue to take it?

Attachments

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe as not as bad as I thought. Won't know until I see a doctor and he schedules an MRI. Just sucks it's a slow process.

My thing is I just started taking cjc1295 dac and mk677 two weeks ago. Should I still continue to take it?
I personally would continue. That will speed the healing process slightly.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally would continue. That will speed the healing process slightly.
Thanks. I also can't just not exercise. I'm thinking I could handle riding bike or elliptical. Just do cardio. Need exercise for mental health.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why does pec surgery seem like a death sentence. Go to ortho today.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks. I also can't just not exercise. I'm thinking I could handle riding bike or elliptical. Just do cardio. Need exercise for mental health.
did it turn alot more black and blue?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s not, not for the dedicated.
Never had surgery before. Mentally a big injury plus the idea of getting screws put in me makes me feel weak... to this will be the end of flat barbell benching for me. Always my worst exercise anyways couple it with a higher risk of injury I will just tap out.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never had surgery before. Mentally a big injury plus the idea of getting screws put in me makes me feel weak... to this will be the end of flat barbell benching for me. Always my worst exercise anyways couple it with a higher risk of injury I will just tap out.
Have you gotten a diagnosis/imaging results yet?

You may or not be done with heavy flat benching, but I would wait until the dust settles before resigning yourself. It also depends on what you want to do, what you enjoy. There’s nothing in any rulebook saying you need to benchpress.

Except in powerlifting, and even then you can use extremely close grip if desired. Some federations even allow reverse/underhand grips! Watched a big Samoan kid smash 440 underhand one time at a meet; super impressive with that grip. Also knew a guy who competed in single-ply equipment do 500 reverse grip in comp. I actually got into his bench shirt one day in training, and the shirt took practically all the weight off my pecs at the bottom.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you gotten a diagnosis/imaging results yet?

You may or not be done with heavy flat benching, but I would wait until the dust settles before resigning yourself. It also depends on what you want to do, what you enjoy. There’s nothing in any rulebook saying you need to benchpress.

Except in powerlifting, and even then you can use extremely close grip if desired. Some federations even allow reverse/underhand grips! Watched a big Samoan kid smash 440 underhand one time at a meet; super impressive with that grip. Also knew a guy who competed in single-ply equipment do 500 reverse grip in comp. I actually got into his bench shirt one day in training, and the shirt took practically all the weight off my pecs at the bottom.
No powerlifter, just gym rat. Just got mri done. Seen doctor before hand. He couldn't tell if it was Longhead bicept tear or in the chest. It just wasn't conclusive from his examination. So he couldn't make any determination so he ordered an mri stat

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No powerlifter, just gym rat. Just got mri done. Seen doctor before hand. He couldn't tell if it was Longhead bicept tear or in the chest. It just wasn't conclusive from his examination. So he couldn't make any determination so he ordered an mri stat
Good. So we established you don’t need to bench for any reason besides benching for love of it, and you may not even be looking at issues with benching anyway. I’ve had my bicep totally torn off, and other than the massive inconvenience and discomfort of the rehab after re-attachment, it’s actually pretty cut & dry (and I’ve since benched 55 more lbs than my best ever pre-bicep tear). And if you have a partial muscle belly tear, not a tendon detachment, there’s nothing to do but let it heal and rehab it. You just try to let it heal with as little scar buildup as possible and will need to always work on removing adhesions that will inevitably build up to help prevent re-tears of the belly.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good. So we established you don’t need to bench for any reason besides benching for love of it, and you may not even be looking at issues with benching anyway. I’ve had my bicep totally torn off, and other than the massive inconvenience and discomfort of the rehab after re-attachment, it’s actually pretty cut & dry (and I’ve since benched 55 more lbs than my best ever pre-bicep tear). And if you have a partial muscle belly tear, not a tendon detachment, there’s nothing to do but let it heal and rehab it. You just try to let it heal with as little scar buildup as possible and will need to always work on removing adhesions that will inevitably build up to help prevent re-tears of the belly.
Won't get my hopes up until dr. Looks over mri. See him in 2 days

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, you have some info. Now the waiting game to see what the doc says.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So bicep is good, shoulder joint is good, and sounds like pec is possibly partially torn at the lateral insertion tendon (where it would generally blow off from).

If it’s fully off, get it pinned back on. If just some minor tearing, you’ll let it heal up.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok spoke with my PCP and he said from looking at mri that I really tore my chest up and said whole muscle is detached. Seen orthopedist today and he told me my tendon is in tact just muscle tear and muscle tear won't require surgery.... so I'm confused what to do? I thought torn pec muscle was what required surgery.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Defer to your orthopedic surgeon. Your PCP needs to stay in his lane. But I agree you should get a copy of your MRI and have it evaluated by another orthopedic surgeon, preferably one with experience in dealing with upper body muscle tears. I tore the long head of my bicep tendon last year, and had my MRI reviewed by two different board certified orthopedic surgeons. One doc is the team physician for an SEC college football team, and the other is the team physician for a Major League Baseball team. Fortunately they were both on the same page.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Defer to your orthopedic surgeon. Your PCP needs to stay in his lane. But I agree you should get a copy of your MRI and have it evaluated by another orthopedic surgeon, preferably one with experience in dealing with upper body muscle tears. I tore the long head of my bicep tendon last year, and had my MRI reviewed by two different board certified orthopedic surgeons. One doc is the team physician for an SEC college football team, and the other is the team physician for a Major League Baseball team. Fortunately they were both on the same page.
Thanks. Made an appointment with orthopedic surgeon who does sports related injuries. About an hour away.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If the tendon is indeed intact according to the ortho, your muscle is not detached. If it was blown off, they would do surgery to anchor it back on so the tendon can grow back into the bone. The tendons are how muscles attach.

So if you have significant tearing of the muscle belly, that sucks because it will always be easier to re-tear that scar on your pec, and you will always need to battle working out scar tissue & adhesions that will build up, but it won’t require surgery now is the big plus.

I’m not telling you to test this now, but if the pec is fully detached when you lay flat on your back on the floor with arms laying out 90* to your sides, if you try to lift your arms with your pecs together like a fly, nothing will happen with the detached arm. You will be able to move your arm around with your delt, Tri, bicep, but if you exclusively try to do a fly with the pec you will have no function.

You may want to check out the Bill Star Rehab method for pec tears if the surgeon is sure it’s muscle belly rupture only. You have to wait for the inflammation and fluid buildup to subside, but even if you toned it down massively it could give some good idea on how to come back from this kind of pec trauma.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If the tendon is indeed intact according to the ortho, your muscle is not detached. If it was blown off, they would do surgery to anchor it back on so the tendon can grow back into the bone. The tendons are how muscles attach.

So if you have significant tearing of the muscle belly, that sucks because it will always be easier to re-tear that scar on your pec, and you will always need to battle working out scar tissue & adhesions that will build up, but it won’t require surgery now is the big plus.

I’m not telling you to test this now, but if the pec is fully detached when you lay flat on your back on the floor with arms laying out 90* to your sides, if you try to lift your arms with your pecs together like a fly, nothing will happen with the detached arm. You will be able to move your arm around with your delt, Tri, bicep, but if you exclusively try to do a fly with the pec you will have no function.

You may want to check out the Bill Star Rehab method for pec tears if the surgeon is sure it’s muscle belly rupture only. You have to wait for the inflammation and fluid buildup to subside, but even if you toned it down massively it could give some good idea on how to come back from this kind of pec trauma.
I have full mobility and no pain. I can lay flat and do flys... just want a sports ortho doctor to give me a blessing to get rehab. Doctor said I would have deformed chest but they don't do surgery for torn muscles because muscles heal themselves.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have full mobility and no pain. I can lay flat and do flys... just want a sports ortho doctor to give me a blessing to get rehab. Doctor said I would have deformed chest but they don't do surgery for torn muscles because muscles heal themselves.
Good to hear you didn’t pop the tendon!

Like they said, you’re just going to have a deformed pec and have to heal it up/rebuild it best you can. Good luck on your rehab man.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear you didn’t pop the tendon!

Like they said, you’re just going to have a deformed pec and have to heal it up/rebuild it best you can. Good luck on your rehab man.
So that's a good thing? Just didn't know how this works. So surgery is only for torn tendon?

If it is just rehab then i will get right on it. Got some bpc and tb500 on the way. Going to do all I can to recover properly.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So that's a good thing? Just didn't know how this works. So surgery is only for torn tendon?

If it is just rehab then i will get right on it. Got some bpc and tb500 on the way. Going to do all I can to recover properly.
Depends on perspective: if you didn’t want surgery, you’re in luck because they basically only do surgery to re-attach torn tendons. If you are worried about a perfect physique, it’s a bad thing because you will probably always have a divot/deformed pec where the tear happened.

Tb500 is what you really want. Put a 5mg vial of that in you (anywhere IM is fine; it acts systemically) every week for ~6 weeks and it will absolutely accelerate healing, in conjunction with your rehab work. Pretty damn cheap compared to even an insurance deductible for surgery.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on perspective: if you didn’t want surgery, you’re in luck because they basically only do surgery to re-attach torn tendons. If you are worried about a perfect physique, it’s a bad thing because you will probably always have a divot/deformed pec where the tear happened.

Tb500 is what you really want. Put a 5mg vial of that in you (anywhere IM is fine; it acts systemically) every week for ~6 weeks and it will absolutely accelerate healing, in conjunction with your rehab work. Pretty damn cheap compared to even an insurance deductible for surgery.
Not worried about perfect physique just a bummer and hope I can still have strength and function.... so tb500 and no bpc? What about testosterone for healing?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not worried about perfect physique just a bummer and hope I can still have strength and function.... so tb500 and no bpc? What about testosterone for healing?
BPC is so cheap that if you don’t mind an extra shot a day then it can add some value for next to no cost (a 5mg vial is $25-40 usually and lasts an entire month), but it’s especially for connective tissue - TB500 is what you want for acceleration in muscle healing.

If you already use exogenous testosterone, having your levels at high normal range is ideal for optimal healing, and allowing endogenous GH response to the trauma. If you have low T and aren’t using currently, taking 2-300mg/wk for a bit could help improve things. A cc of sustanon is sometimes administered medically following an injuries/procedures for this reason.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wha
BPC is so cheap that if you don’t mind an extra shot a day then it can add some value for next to no cost (a 5mg vial is $25-40 usually and lasts an entire month), but it’s especially for connective tissue - TB500 is what you want for acceleration in muscle healing.

If you already use exogenous testosterone, having your levels at high normal range is ideal for optimal healing, and allowing endogenous GH response to the trauma. If you have low T and aren’t using currently, taking 2-300mg/wk for a bit could help improve things. A cc of sustanon is sometimes administered medically following an injuries/procedures for this reason.
About a month ago I was asking around about trying test for the 1st time. I ended up putting it off and hopped on cjc dac and mk677 and plan to run a cycle of that for 6 months... I guess now would be a good time to throw in some test.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got back from 2nd opinion sports ortho doctor. He is in the big city so I felt more confident in him. He does all kinds of athletes on professional sports teams....

He said absolutely no surgery that my tear would be better in 6 weeks. He said tear was in a good place amd healing has already started according to MRI. He said I could go back to benching in 2 months after rehab. Awesome news

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just got back from 2nd opinion sports ortho doctor. He is in the big city so I felt more confident in him. He does all kinds of athletes on professional sports teams....

He said absolutely no surgery that my tear would be better in 6 weeks. He said tear was in a good place amd healing has already started according to MRI. He said I could go back to benching in 2 months after rehab. Awesome news
Absolutely do not do your first test cycle while injured, that will be a huge waste and it sounds like you’re already healing well.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely do not do your first test cycle while injured, that will be a huge waste and it sounds like you’re already healing well.
Going to go thru full rehab and see how it looks and feel after. Just going to have to rest and repair 1st. Lots of cardio

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Injection site for BPC? Since torn pec do I want to inject into pec or shoulder? Also will this be IM or subq. Just because there isn't much fat around there to pinch.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Injection site for BPC? Since torn pec do I want to inject into pec or shoulder? Also will this be IM or subq. Just because there isn't much fat around there to pinch.
Ideally subq. You want it absolutely as close as you reasonably can to take advantage of the local elements. Just try to slip it under the skin at a pretty low angle if you can’t get your other hand up there to pull/pinch any skin.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Healing is going well. Bpc and tb500 are working. Physical therapy says I am doing really well with function and mobility.... right now I just have a hard time with motor skills and regaining mind muscle connection. Plus obvious atrophy and deformation.

Looking into bill Starr rehab method. So by this method I should be benching right now super light weight for 25 reps each day adding weight.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Healing is going well. Bpc and tb500 are working. Physical therapy says I am doing really well with function and mobility.... right now I just have a hard time with motor skills and regaining mind muscle connection. Plus obvious atrophy and deformation.

Looking into bill Starr rehab method. So by this method I should be benching right now super light weight for 25 reps each day adding weight.
Like, the barbell for easy sets of 10. So exposing the muscle to the type of work that injured it but at the lightest possible increment, just moving through the ROM and getting blood into it.

First build volume, adding more sets, then slowly creep the weight up once you are doing it very frequently and with lots of volume per session. Load is the last thing you would increase, and when you do it should be like 5lbs.

Just read what he did and decide for yourself. When in doubt, don’t push it. It’s rehab, not a championship run at a benchpress world record, so be patient and focus on doing the work to create a healthy foundation again. Listen to your body.