enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How’s your knee feeling bro ….
Thanks for asking. It gotten better. Still a large area below the knee that is numb. Walking up and down stairs is still painful. Fortunately, where I work, I'm able to work limited duty in a lab, and not the outside units, climbing stairs all day.
I've been working so much overtime (days and nights), that I haven't been to the gym much and I keep forgetting to pin the bpc...

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@TUNAA thanks for the info! I'm actually back on the Natto. I stopped it while I was on Rx blood thinners, but stopped that, so now I'm back on the natto. The Serrapeptase, I've not tried. I'll look it up. I bought a bunch of BPC, but never got around to mixing it because I'm working a TON of overtime, so I knew I'd get off schedule with taking it. When my overtime slows down, I'll probably start it up.
I'm actually going to my surgeon tomorrow to get released to full duty at work. It still hurts to go up/down stairs, but I think I can manage.. Also, my HR dept basically told me that it's in my best interest to get released to full duty, so I'll be informing my surgeon tomorrow that I'm feeling much better & ready to go work my outside jobs. (been working inside lab job in chemical plant since June 1st).

I also plan on getting back on my mountain bike. I've dying to get back on the trails, but have been afraid to ride. After doing a little talking w/ some other mountain bikers that have also had acl surgery, I'm convinced that I can resume riding again.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How’s everything coming along with the knee bro
Thanks for asking!! It's been well over a month since I've been in the gym to work it out at all. If I have enough time off, I'm spending it on my mountain bike, riding the trails, getting in some good quality cardio. I think the riding has helped loosen the knee up a little. Since I've been put back on full duty at work, I've noticed that descending ladders is the most painful. Stairs is still challenging, but getting better.
The skin below the knee is still numb/dead..
I've also noticed that the cooler, damp weather does make it more painful.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for asking!! It's been well over a month since I've been in the gym to work it out at all. If I have enough time off, I'm spending it on my mountain bike, riding the trails, getting in some good quality cardio. I think the riding has helped loosen the knee up a little. Since I've been put back on full duty at work, I've noticed that descending ladders is the most painful. Stairs is still challenging, but getting better.
That decending ladder is challenging for a knee surgery which also means its gonna make your knee strong as fk. Keep up the good work brother! The pain and discomfort will get much better the more you use it and integrate it into your life. All the best.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I'll be 51 next month. My surgeon says that because of my age and the fact that my knee is fully arthritic, it's not getting much better, and a replacement is in my future...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dude I completely missed this thread from day 1. Really glad to see you have done so well this year. I tore my ACL back in 2008 6 months after having a steel plate put in my clavicle but never got the surgery, so I always watch ACL experiences closely. How is your rotator cuff doing? I have torn my 2 times and these days anytime I get a twinge of pain I start throwing kettlebell armbars into my normal routine (light weight, no more than 35lbs for like 15 second holds) and it is a miracle drug for me.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's really weird. Since I've stopped going to the gym, my shoulder actually hurts more!! Like, lying flat on my back is extremely painful. I did a cortisone shot a couple months ago and it helped right away, but soon faded away.

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
Keep up with the cycling! I have a knee injury late spring from a motocross wreck (luckily I didn’t fully tear anything) and I swear cycling has helped me more than anything else. In fact if I go without cycling for a week I can tell!