Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It seems these days I hear a lot of complaints about results of supplements. Granted, many don't live up to the hype but given the past 10 years and the world of "ph's", are we spoiled by their results and now judge everything by them? We all know you won't get the same results but it seems now everyone wants results within a week or two and if they don't, its no good. Were we all just spoiled by the prohormone era? Has it subconsciously effected how we think going forward? To those who never took prohormones, do you notice a change in attitude by others?

Your thoughts? You can let me have it..lol

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems these days I hear a lot of complaints about results of supplements. Granted, many don't live up to the hype but given the past 10 years and the world of "ph's", are we spoiled by their results and now judge everything by them? We all know you won't get the same results but it seems now everyone wants results within a week or two and if they don't, its no good. Were we all just spoiled by the prohormone era? Has it subconsciously effected how we think going forward? To those who never took prohormones, do you notice a change in attitude by others?
I got on towards the tail end of the golden ph era and was disappointed when I started to realize that’s it’s not how it was for the brief five minutes I caught them. I think the next best shiny object are sarms/peptides/research chems and I’ll admit I still try to find the miracle workers but for the most part suck it up and get on a cycle of juice.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another perspective could be that the pro hormone era ruined supplement innovation due to caused government intervention.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya, we were spoiled.
It was nice, if you knew what you were doing and researched what you were getting.
The problem is, it was too easy. Way too easy for someone to take something, at any age, that they shouldn’t be taking until they are acutely aware of all the potential risks, side effects, long term effects etc and are old enough.
I don’t like that our government feels the need to always “protect us from ourselves” but at the same time, 15 year olds could walk into a gnc, or punch a cc# online and ship steroids to their house. I like the way it is now. We have to jump through a few hoops and hopefully kids and idiots don’t have as much access to everything.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wish I would have been more in the know during this period . Although, in high school I was sold some ph with no inkling of an idea what it was. Hell, he probably didn’t even know. Treacherous snakes! Wish I remembered the name now.....but it definitely worked. I got lucky as far as coming back, how many didn’t????

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish I would have been more in the know during this period . Although, in high school I was sold some ph with no inkling of an idea what it was. Hell, he probably didn’t even know. Treacherous snakes! Wish I remembered the name now.....but it definitely worked. I got lucky as far as coming back, how many didn’t????
Active duty at 23 years old I rocked some 1-AD and of course put 20lbs on.
Then at 26 a coworker referred me to methyl masterdrol (SD) which I of course put 25 solid lbs on again.
I was way too spoiled... I instantly loved it, and it’s probably a big reason I love aas as much as I do.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember walking into a supp shop and this high school football player was showing his friends what he was taking and getting them to buy. I coach fball and was thinking my guys dont stand a chance if these are on this stuff. Granted in the long run they had zero clue and probably messed up their HPTA.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The days of $9.99 M1T. Who can compete with that in terms of results AND price...
lol...my favorite was e-form for $15. formestane is something I miss more than the ph's

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think you are right, in many ways.
Since PH's vanished from the shelf's -no easy fix for dudes who want tits. ;)

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And with the old PHs went the OTC pct products that worked, the 6 oxo, ATD, etc.. so when the new generation of PHs came out, there’s nothing legal to fix you after you take it.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't been around in that era but random people buying SD, 1AD, etc. from the shelf's and eating it like it's BCAA's or something just baffles me. It's definitely good that this is over for most of the population. I think aas are readily available if you are set on taking them. Like Matthersby said, jumping through a few hoops prevents the masses from having easy access, which is a good thing.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't been around in that era but random people buying SD, 1AD, etc. from the shelf's and eating it like it's BCAA's or something just baffles me. It's definitely good that this is over for most of the population. I think aas are readily available if you are set on taking them. Like Matthersby said, jumping through a few hoops prevents the masses from having easy access, which is a good thing.
That's the thing that blows my mind when I think about it, how many hundreds or thousands of people took prohormones without knowing what it was because someone at a supplement store suggested them?
I don't think they should be scheduled though.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's the thing that blows my mind when I think about it, how many hundreds or thousands of people took prohormones without knowing what it was because someone at a supplement store suggested them?
I don't think they should be scheduled though.
I know at least one guy who used “testosterone boosters” from GNC and swears up and down he’s never tried any prohormones. Because back in the day that’s what they sold them as... testosterone boosters. So then dude can’t figure out why nothing now works, “Oh they banned the ingredients, but it wasn’t a prohormone or a steroid”

The real kicker is I even offered to help these dudes find what they had before, all they had to do was tell me the name of the old product they liked.

When I used 1AD nobody knew what any of this stuff was, you just took it, and then you had to stop and take this other stuff. That’s it. And hopefully the guy at the store told you that because not all the bottles said it. And that’s all we went off of. The label.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOL I mean you do bounce back, even withouth serm's, it just takes longer, so keeping gains was harder I guess.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LOL I mean you do bounce back, even withouth serm's, it just takes longer, so keeping gains was harder I guess.
Well back then the good otc pct type products had 6 oxo or ATD in them and you tapered it off so it worked pretty well actually. There was nothing to try and signal for a restart, but the right hormones were being blocked for sure.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Agreed and the half live's were so short you started recovery fairly quickly.

Last edited:
EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Comparing anything out now to those original pro hormones just doesn’t equate to much, especially if you consider the price of a bottle of each and results they got you. I’m probably just repeating what everyone else is saying, but hey. Those original prohormones were really just unclassified steroids, so no shock they were better. It’s essentially comparing steroids to natty herbal supps lol.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Me being cheap a$$, you could run 8 week cycle of any oral for max $50. For some reason then most companies seemed actually put actives in their product.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me being cheap a$$, you could run 8 week cycle of any oral for max $50. For some reason then most companies seemed actually put actives in their product.
Great add, thanks!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know at least one guy who used “testosterone boosters” from GNC and swears up and down he’s never tried any prohormones. Because back in the day that’s what they sold them as... testosterone boosters. So then dude can’t figure out why nothing now works, “Oh they banned the ingredients, but it wasn’t a prohormone or a steroid”

The real kicker is I even offered to help these dudes find what they had before, all they had to do was tell me the name of the old product they liked.

When I used 1AD nobody knew what any of this stuff was, you just took it, and then you had to stop and take this other stuff. That’s it. And hopefully the guy at the store told you that because not all the bottles said it. And that’s all we went off of. The label.
Just had this happen at work. Guy says “I used to be jacked to the gills. All natural” and then proceeded to tell me about the great supplements he used to use back in the day which were all prohormones lol.

rage4cage

rage4cage

Awards
The good ole days.. I'm spoiled for sure. I started working out in 2004 and 1TU was the first PH i tried and still the best IMO. I have been out of the scene for awhile and dont know if there are any good PHs still on the market but man it use to be some good ones out there.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You can say what you want about the dangers of PH’s, but alcohol is still legal and I’ve lost many, many friends to it. Have yet to lose a friend to steroids and I know a LOT of users.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can say what you want about the dangers of PH’s, but alcohol is still legal and I’ve lost many, many friends to it. Have yet to lose a friend to steroids and I know a LOT of users.
Never lost a job, lost a relationship, got arrested, got in a fight(well almost), damaged a friendship, hurt my reputation, or set back my progress, from hormone use.
Alcohol is the most destructive force ever introduced to my life.

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Def spoiled. From PH, DS to OTC supplies...it was just easy to get literally any thing. I was in college ‘00-‘04 and it blows my mind to what I was able to pick up in a shop.

I am spoiled by today’s flavor systems...I used to choke down some rancid stuff

Regot

Awards
All never forget back in 08 when I got my hands on some tren xtreme from American cellular labs, was my sophomore year in high school and let me tell ya I blew up like 30 lbs. Still to this day I have a little bit of gyno from that stuff. We never knew at the time it was a prohormone. Guy at max nutrition said take this and you'll get big, cool man sounds good. Lol

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Half the things we got in the good old days had stuff not on the labels. It worked is all we knew.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I regret not being able to try any of the prohormones when they were legal. But I was too scared to try them and I had no access to PCT or ancillaries.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I think people don't even realize that almost every major company was using things like prohormones, illegal stimulants, and PDE5 inhibitors in normal supplements in the 90s and early 2000s (without putting them on the label).

I hear all the time how much better supplements used to work, then I look back on private tests from those time periods...no wonder why :p

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
11-OXO spoiled me back in the day. Not sure if it counts.

I was a lean machine on that chit.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Absolutely. Nothing compares to androgens. Nothing close.

I did recently try a stimulant product that that I recommended to them to lower the dose on unless they are going straight for the spiked with ethyl-amph crowd. It was skrong, as black people would say.

And, Kneller claims he has a super-great, totally compliant new stim (going on like 6 months now, and he's crossing all i's and dotting all t's, so he really might), but he won't tell me what it is.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Def spoiled. From PH, DS to OTC supplies...it was just easy to get literally any thing. I was in college ‘00-‘04 and it blows my mind to what I was able to pick up in a shop.

I am spoiled by today’s flavor systems...I used to choke down some rancid stuff
Weider Egg protein was kinda money.

This is kinda hilarious if you are old af, but I found a bunch of recent studies the japanese are doing that almost totally redeems gamma oryzyanol.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I definitely miss this whole error I didn't have a clue,only thing I knew was steroids that was it not even the names either just steroids in general and that they were evil..I only started using creatine in 2009 I just barely got into reasearching IAM still learning with a bit more experience and understanding now..But it's probably a good thing as I can honestly say I definitely was not ready nor responsible enough to be using Phs back then...Now I kinda feel left out when I hear you guys talking about things like 1Ad 4Ad etc..

laijs

Awards
通过google自动翻译,看到你们的评论,是的,现在激素源产品很多都消失了,即便以后会有新的科技产品能让人类更强大,只要能使人在非自然状态下促进提高各种性能的,终究都会被法律禁止。只是希望那些想着走捷径,更快获得强壮身体的人们,应该更多的理智,关注自己的训练和饮食,别每天想着怎么快速变大变强。多学习,多专研自己的不足。

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
通过google自动翻译,看到你们的评论,是的,现在激素源产品很多都消失了,即便以后会有新的科技产品能让人类更强大,只要能使人在非自然状态下促进提高各种性能的,终究都会被法律禁止。只是希望那些想着走捷径,更快获得强壮身体的人们,应该更多的理智,关注自己的训练和饮食,别每天想着怎么快速变大变强。多学习,多专研自己的不足。
You make an excellent point.

Jacked31

Jacked31

Awards
The days of $9.99 M1T. Who can compete with that in terms of results AND price...
M1T was a steroid. I put 10lbs on in a week. Felt like death. No energy. Alot of aggression. Very powerful. Bad on liver. 2-3 week cycle for that. Not worth at all.

Jacked31

Jacked31

Awards
M-Lmg was a progesterone had deca type effects. Hdrol was halodrol. Yep I still have 2 bottles. I was told it was a pro hormone of t bol. My favorite was definitely superdrol but when it came to superdrol u are strong as hell but tired.

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cel h drol was my first cycle. Took about 2 weeks to kick in and fuckin a bro did it. Put on 20 pounds in 4 weeks. 40 pounds on my bench. I've done a handful since then but nothing has compared to that first one. It's the chase that keeps me going to recapture that first cycle.

Looking back I didn't run a test base with it and should have, lethargy sucked and I would nap any chance I got. Great naps btw, and would of done 6 weeks instead of 4.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1T was a steroid. I put 10lbs on in a week. Felt like death. No energy. Alot of aggression. Very powerful. Bad on liver. 2-3 week cycle for that. Not worth at all.
Would you take it again now that TUDCA is available?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I felt like that ok superdrol so can imagine m1t

Kids were abusing mdrol bc every1 wanted quick gains