Topic of the Week: What program gave you the best results?

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Best training program is MS training, a training system invented by me

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
MS training is about benching twice your body weight and squatting/deadlifting 3 times your body weight, forcing you to be a lean machine, and very strong

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
fat loss = consistency, -500 to -1000kcal deficit, daily 30 cardio of different kind to increase tdee, ephedrine, keep lifting same.

strength and size so closely correlated = rob reggish have compiled german and russian loading patterns from old powerlifting usa magazine - he give away some, others real cheap like $5 one time. they work well (obviously - they from 70s communists! lol) add 3-4 sets of accessory work id vary rep ranges (micro-cycle periodize).

that what work best for me.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed for later research. Definitely ready for something new.

Creep3r

Awards
Switching up my work outs gives me the best results. Sometimes low rep high weight, sometimes high rep low weight, sometimes slow motion sometimes normal, sometimes one muscle group a day, sometimes back bi - chest tri - legs - small muscle groups. Consistency also give me the best results.

Awards
4-7 hour workouts. Upper lower 3 day a week split, 2-3 miles timed each day first 2 days. Mostly compound lifts. Arms and 12-20 mile long run at the end of the week. Flat ground easy pace. 1-2 hours of stretching each workout.

De-load week(s) when I feel it's necessary.

Last edited:
strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
MountainDog Training - Doomsday Program ... for the masochist in me

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rest pause training has provided me the most benefit. I originally started following DC to get the concept down years ago and have since tweaked it to my needs and still reap big rewards.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rest pause training has provided me the most benefit. I originally started following DC to get the concept down years ago and have since tweaked it to my needs and still reap big rewards.
Working to get back to where I feel comfortable that my joints are strong enough for DC training. That said I ran it twice in college and the gains I saw were absolutely insane. Easily the best program I’ve run

Deadlifter99

Deadlifter99

Awards
For strength I used a program called HST. I trained half of my body every day and took sundays off. All exercises were compound and I would start with really low weight, raise the weight slightly every training session, do a few weeks of 15 reps, a few weeks of 10 reps, a few weeks of 5 reps. Every time you drop the reps it gets easy for a week or two then challenging again.

For mass every bodypart 2x per week, isolation lifts are full ROM, compounds I don't stretch all the way (no touching chest on bench etc). One training day is light weights and I take orals and get a crazy pump. The other training day is no orals and heavier weights.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thumb up for rest pause!

DS3317

Awards
Doing an upper lower split right now, 4 days a week.
2 sets per body part each day, everything to failure.
Set 1 4-6 reps, set 2 15-20 reps all 3 second negatives. 3exercise rotation. Even calves and abs are worked the same.No fluff exercises. Adding 5-10 lbs each week on most exercises.
Eating like a horse.
If you can’t grow from this, you can’t grow lol

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WS4SB + Conjugate Method for overall strength, athleticism, body comp. I've bulked and cut on WS4SB, gained strength both times.

Last edited:
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Starting Strength got my lifts up REAL fast when I first started powerlifting. I got my deadlift to 500# on that program before I had to slow down and start 5/3/1. I probably could've kept going but was tired of constantly stuffing my face with food to recover. Ran it fairly long and also added a ton of assistance work to the program like daily heavy prowler pushes, tire flips etc (ok, I mainly did that stuff just for fun, not accessory lol)