Topic of the Week: The Single Best Supplement You've Taken

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Digging through boxes and I found this:

Just a note, somewhere downstairs I have a box with 100+ of similar supplements from back in the day.

Wow so many classics here. What are your plans with all these? Assuming you have another 100+ similar supplements you won't be able to get to some of these until they are 50 years past their expiration date. I'm sure you can do well selling these.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow so many classics here. What are your plans with all these? Assuming you have another 100+ similar supplements you won't be able to get to some of these until they are 50 years past their expiration date. I'm sure you can do well selling these.
I've never taken a PH in my life.

I'm too scared of losing my hair, already thinning slowly.

I just use to buy and forget 😂
Now days it's wine, which is much more expensive 🤐

I'm probably going to sell it all, I paid $50-60aud for most bottles.
I think know they'll be worth a fair chunk of cash now?

I have Craze original, Stim X original, Slim Xtreme original, Jungle Warfare etc
Most of these I bought from NP back in the day, so I would have the original invoices in my email history 😀

I have so many old school supplements, most will be worth nothing but I assume the banned rare stuff will probably get me crazy amounts on eBay.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I have Craze original, Stim X original, Slim Xtreme original, Jungle Warfare etc
Most of these I bought from NP back in the day, so I would have the original invoices in my email history 😀

I have so many old school supplements, most will be worth nothing but I assume the banned rare stuff will probably get me crazy amounts on eBay.
I would imagine that people would pay quite a bit. You can always post the stuff here and see what you can get. There are certain PHs you can still get from reliable sources like Hdrol. Although it would be cool and nostalgic to have the CEL Hdrol, ErgoPharm 6-OXO, etc. Those were more simple times.

kelechi

Awards
  • First Up Vote

"Buy and forget"?? You must loaded, a collector by nature, or both!

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Please continue the etc lol. Also when your ready to be relieved of jungle warfare, let me know lol

Aeter462

Aeter462

Awards
OG Anabolic Xtreme Stimulant-X

It was like living in a different universe - a much better one..
I remember it well. We got comped some at the Arnold Classic and were up all night. Didn't that stuff have sibutramine in it? 😅

Aeter462

Aeter462

Awards
yes. The drug was Desoxypipradrol
Ohhhh. Well I'm glad one of us has a reliable memory.
I somehow recall my boss telling me that an industry chemist had tested it and that it had contained sibutramine.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes. The drug was Desoxypipradrol
I never knew what it tested out to be. I need to get my hands on some of this. Quickly
Ohhhh. Well I'm glad one of us has a reliable memory.
I somehow recall my boss telling me that an industry chemist had tested it and that it had contained sibutramine.
Sibutramine was on the ingredient list 🤷‍♂️

thehogsters

thehogsters

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What did Slim Extreme have in it ? That stuff was complete 🔥

Bob1983

Awards
Driven Sports Lean xtreme back in 2012ish. Tried it a couple years later and wasn't the same

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pretty sure that had some form of meth in it!! lol
I wish you had a list of every supplement you ever tried and the year you tried it. Would be very interesting to see the difference over the years

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wish you had a list of every supplement you ever tried and the year you tried it. Would be very interesting to see the difference over the years

You and me both. Here's a couple of pics of my "old stash" from probably 15 years ago. I wish I could find some pics when I really had a closet full of stuff! lol

Attachments

Pulpfiction

Pulpfiction

Awards
Animal paks multi and glutathione. Those 2 combined have made it so my organs are on point during a blast, I used n2gaurd for a while and switched to animal pak and bloods were much better since

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Animal paks multi and glutathione. Those 2 combined have made it so my organs are on point during a blast, I used n2gaurd for a while and switched to animal pak and bloods were much better since
Oral glutathione isint very good, your 10x better off using nac I'm my opinion unless you inject your glutathione

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You and me both. Here's a couple of pics of my "old stash" from probably 15 years ago. I wish I could find some pics when I really had a closet full of stuff! lol
My first ever cycle was cel hdrol in that style bottles. Also gaspari myofusion was amazing back then.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
anyone here use OG Superdrol (actually just called superdrol) and or OG Epistane?

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
anyone here use OG Superdrol (actually just called superdrol) and or OG Epistane?
I had a few bottles of the OG Superdrol but could never convince myself to use it. Sold it to a buddy I work with. I did 3 different OG Epistane runs back in the day and loved it!

The Gaspari Mitotropin back in the day was the absolute best fat burner I've ever taken. Stuff had me shredded!

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used the original Superdrol. I then switched to Legal Gear's version, Methasteron. I ran AT LEAST 20 bottles of that stuff. Altogether, I ran over 35 cycles of SD. Each cycle was always 30 days @ 30 mg/day. I wouldn't do that again (not at 46, that's for sure), but you can get away with more stuff in your 20's.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took the OG Superdrol way back in the day ( made by Anabolic Xtreme). The next year is when the govt put it on the banned substance list.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I used the original Superdrol. I then switched to Legal Gear's version, Methasteron. I ran AT LEAST 20 bottles of that stuff. Altogether, I ran over 35 cycles of SD. Each cycle was always 30 days @ 30 mg/day. I wouldn't do that again (not at 46, that's for sure), but you can get away with more stuff in your 20's.
Only 35 cycles of it?

Here I was thinking me using DMZ about 5 times was a lot for one compound

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Over 35 cycles of superdrol?? Is that hyperbole or an actual number? Those are like addiction numbers.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Over 35 cycles of superdrol?? Is that hyperbole or an actual number? Those are like addiction numbers.
I ran AT LEAST 35 cycles. It was probably a few more than that, but I know it was at least 35. SD was my favorite compound back then. I would run it 30 days ON/ 30 days OFF. I did that for about 4 years straight. That's at least 24 cycles right there. I then ran at least another 10+ cycles over the following decade.

Bodybuilders in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's would often run orals with EVERY cycle...and their cycles were longer than 30 days. Some bodybuilders use steroids for 20 years, but 10-15 years is very common. That's a lot of cycles.

If you think about it, running 35 cycles at thirty days each is only about 3 years of total oral on-time. That's actually not very much at all over a 10-15 year period. I could list a TON of guys who have employed orals for way more than 3 years during their entire PED using lifetime.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I ran AT LEAST 35 cycles. It was probably a few more than that, but I know it was at least 35. SD was my favorite compound back then. I would run it 30 days ON/ 30 days OFF. I did that for about 4 years straight. That's at least 24 cycles right there. I then ran at least another 10+ cycles over the following decade.

Bodybuilders in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's would often run orals with EVERY cycle...and their cycles were longer than 30 days. Some bodybuilders use steroids for 20 years, but 10-15 years is very common. That's a lot of cycles.

If you think about it, running 35 cycles at thirty days each is only about 3 years of total oral on-time. That's actually not very much at all over a 10-15 year period. I could list a TON of guys who have employed orals for way more than 3 years during their entire PED using lifetime.
It just feels like a lot for 1 compound... and it's a pretty strong/ harsh one at that. The thought of running sdrol for 6 months out of the year just seems like a lot... especially at 30mgs. But everyone's tolerance is different.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It just feels like a lot for 1 compound... and it's a pretty strong/ harsh one at that. The thought of running sdrol for 6 months out of the year just seems like a lot... especially at 30mgs. But everyone's tolerance is different.
Well, it is - I mean he’s not advocating it. It’s just what he did.

The problem with orals for many people, certainly Superdrol, is that it crushes HDL and tends to push up LDL. And that won’t recover quickly, so 30 on / 30 off for 3 years means crashed HDL for all of those 3 years straight. Nevermind BP spikes and the kidney impact from that.

Like he said, lot of accounts of guys using Dbol for many months for many years back in the day. Cardiovascular disease of varying intensity is plenty common as well in those individuals, the ones who are still around. Someone being wise enough to cut out the orals after just a few years is probably a leg up on those of us who still incorporate them periodically even a couple times a year.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, it is - I mean he’s not advocating it. It’s just what he did.

The problem with orals for many people, certainly Superdrol, is that it crushes HDL and tends to push up LDL. And that won’t recover quickly, so 30 on / 30 off for 3 years means crashed HDL for all of those 3 years straight. Nevermind BP spikes and the kidney impact from that.

Like he said, lot of accounts of guys using Dbol for many months for many years back in the day. Cardiovascular disease of varying intensity is plenty common as well in those individuals, the ones who are still around. Someone being wise enough to cut out the orals after just a few years is probably a leg up on those of us who still incorporate them periodically even a couple times a year.
Agreed. Fortunately, SD didn't impact my BP much at all, if at all. In fact, the only steroid to ever really increase my BP by more than a few points was M1T. Anadrol barely moves my BP, SD doesn't, tren doesn't, nothing really does.

My HDL was in the shitter, though, but after those earlier years I stopped doing that...and began taking WAY better care of my cardiovascular health. I take about 15 daily supps for cardiovascular health, targeting basically every pathway through which steroids (or food) can harm cardiovascular health...and I've been doing that for at least a decade.

I still use SD, but my use is far different than it was back then. These days, I take 3 caps of SD per week. One cap Monday, 1 cap Wednesday, and 1 on Friday...and I don't do that all the time, either. Even that helps more than some people might think...and my HDL stays in a healthy range. Truth be told, even at 3 caps per week, SD will normally have a pretty major effect on most people's HDL levels, but with all the supps and other things I do to off-set that, I am able to maintain my HDL levels. Most people won't or can't spend as much on health supps as I do, though. I easily spend more on health supps than steroids each month. Actually, I haven't had to purchase a steroid in over 13 years, but if I did, my cost would be be lower than my health supp cost.

As far as injectables go, I've been using 200 mg of test per week and 10-15 mg of trestolone twice weekly, for the last 2 years or so.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. Fortunately, SD didn't impact my BP much at all, if at all. In fact, the only steroid to ever really increase my BP by more than a few points was M1T. Anadrol barely moves my BP, SD doesn't, tren doesn't, nothing really does.

My HDL was in the shitter, though, but after those earlier years I stopped doing that...and began taking WAY better care of my cardiovascular health. I take about 15 daily supps for cardiovascular health, targeting basically every pathway through which steroids (or food) can harm cardiovascular health...and I've been doing that for at least a decade.

I still use SD, but my use is far different than it was back then. These days, I take 3 caps of SD per week. One cap Monday, 1 cap Wednesday, and 1 on Friday...and I don't do that all the time, either. Even that helps more than some people might think...and my HDL stays in a healthy range. Truth be told, even at 3 caps per week, SD will normally have a pretty major effect on most people's HDL levels, but with all the supps and other things I do to off-set that, I am able to maintain my HDL levels. Most people won't or can't spend as much on health supps as I do, though. I easily spend more on health supps than steroids each month. Actually, I haven't had to purchase a steroid in over 13 years, but if I did, my cost would be be lower than my health supp cost.

As far as injectables go, I've been using 200 mg of test per week and 10-15 mg of trestolone twice weekly, for the last 2 years or so.
Oh man M1T absolutely jacks my bp! I was starting to pass out at the top of logpresses years back it was so intense. Live & learn.

Nandrolone is quite bad on me too, I’ve figured out. Tried to add just 50mg NPP a couple weeks back (old nearly empty vial I wanted to kill off). BP mid day was 138/78 & pulse of 62! Dropped that, since added 30mg test & 80mg mast e & some circuit work 2-3x a week, and bp was down to 122/75 pulse of 52 this morning weighing 255lbs.

People really do underestimate what can be done with a comprehensive nutraceutical first approach. I can related to the cost/effort of that. I think it has allowed me to get away with a lot more, while maintaining better bloodwork more often than without. You may want to check out SNS Cardiovascular Support XT & Kidney Assist XT and see if either would be a convenience to you - they really helped me consolidate a lot of supps affordably.

Airfield17

Awards
Mike that's fucking incredible and really speaks to your character (i mean that in the best way possible, no joke!) Thanks for all you do!

Pullingteeth

Awards
Cissus, Curcumin, and Omega-3. Once injured my achilles after a 12 mile run. Was back to squatting and deadlifting heavy in 3 or 4 days.

If I had to choose one combo to go with for the rest of my life it'd be that. It's a combo, I know. I cheated.
I swear by cissus for joints and tendons

madmuscle24

Awards
  • First Up Vote

If you don’t mind sharing? I’d be interested in hearing the 15 supps and dosages for your cardiovascular stack @Mike Arnold .

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh man M1T absolutely jacks my bp! I was starting to pass out at the top of logpresses years back it was so intense. Live & learn.

Nandrolone is quite bad on me too, I’ve figured out. Tried to add just 50mg NPP a couple weeks back (old nearly empty vial I wanted to kill off). BP mid day was 138/78 & pulse of 62! Dropped that, since added 30mg test & 80mg mast e & some circuit work 2-3x a week, and bp was down to 122/75 pulse of 52 this morning weighing 255lbs.

People really do underestimate what can be done with a comprehensive nutraceutical first approach. I can related to the cost/effort of that. I think it has allowed me to get away with a lot more, while maintaining better bloodwork more often than without. You may want to check out SNS Cardiovascular Support XT & Kidney Assist XT and see if either would be a convenience to you - they really helped me consolidate a lot of supps affordably.
I WISH my heart rate was 62 bpm! My heart rate is always fast. I checked it just now...twice...and both times it was 81-82 bpm...and I am completely at rest while sitting at my home pc. It's been this way as long as I've been checking it, which is at least 15 years.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’d love to see Mikes take on an all in one powder of those 15 supps at his doses.
I would like to make both a comprehensive cardiovascular support supplement...and a super high quality performance oriented multi-vitamin-mineral supplement. My manufacturer likely won't want to, though. Anytime I ask about making a product with a bunch of ingredients (especially ingredients which aren't that common, which would require him to search), it is super difficult just to get a price quote. You see, MA Labs doesn't make him a lot of money in comparison to some of his other clients. Most of my product orders are just 500 bottles. I sell them, then I re-stock.

In comparison, he has clients (such as the new supplement company being started by Dennis Wolf and Branch Warren) that are willing to make 10,000 bottles of each product. When a manufacturer has a client that wants to order 6 products at 10,000 bottles each (60,000 total bottles), the client that wants only 500 bottles isn't a priority. I can say with certainty that quite a few clients who have placed orders LONG after me, had their products completed and in-hand before I even received a price quote.

I actually like my manufacturer a lot. He's a super cool guy when I speak to him...and I trust him when making stuff (which is something that can't be said of a lot of manufacturers), but that's just the way it goes when you're small company. You get treated like a small company. Even now, there are 6 products that I asked for price quotes on at least 6 months ago, bit I haven't received a quote for any of them. There's products from years ago that I tried to get quotes on that I never received. If I ask for a price quote, but then don't keep asking him for the quote on a regular basis, I will never hear about that product again.

Now, once I do get a quote and I send the check, he gets the products made pretty quickly, but actually getting to that point is very difficult. If I could, I would make at least 10 products immediately. There are things I want to make that I will never even ask my manufacturer to make because I know he won't. I've had to severely limit myself in terms of what I can create. I've given up on some really cool new product ideas because I know my manufacturer will never invest the time or work to get the ingredients made, such as new extracts. I used to be a lot more excited when it came to product formulation...because I was naïve regarding the industry. Good ideas don't matter if you can't bring them to life, so I've mostly limited myself to making formulas that utilize only common ingredients that I know my manufacturer can easily source without any meaningful time or effort.

Last edited: