Tooth Extraction

hotgunner

hotgunner

Awards
Hey guys,

I got a molar pulled yesterday afternoon bout 12 o clock (gmt) stopped bleeding by 1pm and slept roughly 8 hours last night and 3 hours after the procedure, not much pain anymore just jaw discomfort, think i would be okay to go work my shoulders at 4pm ? that would be roughly 28 hours after procedure. Anyone had experience? i know wisdom tooth are a completely different ball game.

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Crazy this thread was started. Im getting my back 2 bottom molars pulled on the bottom today at 11. I was thinking i should be home by 12:30 sleep till 6:30 be at the gym by 7:00. Thats the goal anyway.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Hey guys,

I got a molar pulled yesterday afternoon bout 12 o clock (gmt) stopped bleeding by 1pm and slept roughly 8 hours last night and 3 hours after the procedure, not much pain anymore just jaw discomfort, think i would be okay to go work my shoulders at 4pm ? that would be roughly 28 hours after procedure. Anyone had experience? i know wisdom tooth are a completely different ball game.
..are you working out your molars? :silly:

you're fine. unless the medication messes you up then you're A-OK buddy, i'd just refrain from clenching my jaw too hard

edit: yeah nice timing. i just got my wisdom teeth out friday, had two impacted ones too, talk about a pain in the ass. i think i have a dry socket as well, very nice! i like!!!

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Went today to get mine cut out and he tells me he has to cut 2 wisdom teeth out as well.AHHHHHH!!!!!

I have been dreading the wisdom teeth for a while. He said he will numb me up and cut a total of 4 teeth out!!!! I wanted to be put to sleep but he said no.

Next week will know1000000% SUCK ASS knowing what is to happen!!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Went today to get mine cut out and he tells me he has to cut 2 wisdom teeth out as well.AHHHHHH!!!!!

I have been dreading the wisdom teeth for a while. He said he will numb me up and cut a total of 4 teeth out!!!! I wanted to be put to sleep but he said no.

wait.....hes not gonna put u to sleep with 2 impacted wisdoms???? what is this 1920???? it shouldnt hurt really because they will shoot everything up but u might feel things uve never imagined. also ask for percs for the recovery period, vicodin doesnt really do the trick for me or anyone i know.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out at once, Vics....Oh how I loved them Vics, man it was like dreaming 24/7 walking around in paradise. LOL

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
He is a very "Old School" Oral Surgeon. He said i wont feel anything pain wise but he prefers to keep the patient awake. He's really good so im all for it. Believe me though if i feel anything i will grab his hand man!! I cant stand pain. Not so much the hurting that gets to me (If that makes since?) but i get Crazy naseus when i feel anything.

TxHomeGrown

Awards

He's not going to put you to sleep? They do it for other reasons than the pain, mainly because the sound is known to cause nightmares. If you're skiddish in he least, that sound will probably stick with you for the rest of your life. My girlfriends father is a very large man and he was saying he had nightmares for a few weeks after his wisdoom tooth surgery because he was kept awake. Imagine no pain but the sound of teeth being shattered/grinded and then twisted out of your jaw bone. NO THANKS. i got all 4 of mine out friday, i was anxious as hell until they put the IV in. it basically went like this,

"Is this when I start feeling it?"
"Yes"

*I wake up an hour later and it's completely finished* Vicodins help but aren't good enough, i've been through 20 of the 7.5's this week and have a refill left. The jaw my impacted wisdom tooth was on still hurts like a son of a beech though

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea i cant imagine the sound, those teeth are like 2 inches long lol

vicodins are definitely not enough, get percs

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Why did you go into so much detail?? Im scared to go to sleep now. Thanks!!

Ill be on Nitrous Oxide they told me today. Its an Extra $135.00. I hear you are pretty out on that stuff as well though.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Why did you go into so much detail?? Im scared to go to sleep now. Thanks!!

Ill be on Nitrous Oxide they told me today. Its an Extra $135.00. I hear you are pretty out on that stuff as well though.
hahahah oh yeah you are good to go, thats a well spent 135

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I would be careful. The blood pressure fluctuations might cause it to start bleeding again.

hotgunner

hotgunner

Awards
Thought id update anyway guys, i went and worked shoulders n tri's, and it was totally fine.cheers