Tips for staying motivated and on track

heybeavis1

heybeavis1

Awards
What kinda of practices do you guys use to stay motivated during a nutrition program (be it weight loss or mass gaining) ?
Generally, when I binge I feel pathetic and a little depressed but on the next day, oh man.. I´m fired up again, "binge-free" for days and completely focused.
Do that kinda stuff also happen to you guys ? Or something related to that

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I never binge. If I want something off track I have it in small moderation. Everything in moderation I pkay. As for staying on track I just make goals and set specific deadlines

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Find a way to hold yourself accountable to your results. Have your deadline in writing, share your goals with people publicly, run a log here on AM with updates on weight or pictures.

Aside from that you just need the right mind-set. Be determined, how bad do you want it?

heybeavis1

heybeavis1

Awards
Find a way to hold yourself accountable to your results. Have your deadline in writing, share your goals with people publicly, run a log here on AM with updates on weight or pictures.

Aside from that you just need the right mind-set. Be determined, how bad do you want it?
Running a log would be cool ! I don´t have enough time to do it properly, though. Yes, I think finding the right mind-set is the way to go. Determination is quite hard since I have to be determined in other areas of my life of great accountability (Im a professional musician and BJJ competitor), so whenever I feel bad, the weakest part of the chain will be f´ed up (dieting). People always have at least one way to punish themselves, be it drugs, alcohol.. I hate both. Never did drugs and can´t stand alcohol. But I´m a BIG carb eater ! LOLOL that would be my favorite weapon of self destruction in such times. It´s enjoyable while it lasts but then it fades away and I get pathetic about not keeping track of my goals, but because I train heavy and smart, I´m still able to reap results. It would be a lot quicker with more determination, though.
Always good to hear other people opinions, this thread can be a good motivation and problem-fixer one. You see a chess game better if you´re not the one playing

danielcho

Awards
What kinda of practices do you guys use to stay motivated during a nutrition program (be it weight loss or mass gaining) ?
Generally, when I binge I feel pathetic and a little depressed but on the next day, oh man.. I´m fired up again, "binge-free" for days and completely focused.
Do that kinda stuff also happen to you guys ? Or something related to that
I used to feel miserable every second on a cut....serious cravings, can't sleep, stomach growling during class, and the binging and "restarting."

The way I stopped the struggle was the implementation of Shirataki Noodles into my diet. They're zero calorie noodles.
I just do stir frys with a meat and soy sauce and it fills me up.

It no longer even feels like I'm cutting.
And I'm doing a crash diet where all I eat is 160 grams of protein (Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's why I have a cheat day. But drinking more and chewing gum always helps me..

HRNSHN

Awards
maybe this might help you:

h t t p://topachievement.com/smart.html

I for myself, I watch tigerfitness or zyzz/jeff seid videos as motivation and listen to hard EDM or foreign rap.

this pumps me up and motivates me ez.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I keep pictures of fat me everywhere as a constant reminder that I never want to be that guy again. I do weigh ins, pictures, and measurements bi-weekly to keep myself in check. I try to remind myself that what I want most is more important than what I want now. I also allow myself some leeway and don't get down on myself when I fall off the wagon.

heybeavis1

heybeavis1

Awards
All really nice inputs guys ! Keep´em coming so we can motivate each other and acquire new ideas and concepts as well

heybeavis1

heybeavis1

Awards
What I noticed that really takes me off the tracks is having zero-calorie flavorings or what we would call "lean" desserts (like pouring whey protein on Cottage cheese). Then I start to crave for sweet stuff, carb-based chit... and BOOM, I get off track. I cut it out completely for the past 3 weeks or so, and it´s working nicely.
Another reason I start to deviate from my goals is mild-depression caused by severe overthinking.. I think too much, then I start having doubts about my goals and progress and it opens up for negativity.. I´m VERY aware of that now, so I don´t even consider as an obstacle anymore (also taking low dose of Wellbutrin). I just need to keep remembering what to do and avoid that, just like I did to these lean desserts. I´ve cut it off completely, and like you guys pointed out: always remembering our goals and the reason we do this. It´s working nicely

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This always worked for me next time you want to binge remember the last time you got tapped then say (insert name) wouldn't be eating this.