Time off and gains please read need help

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Hi so I put this thread in this section because I would want to get input from a pro. My name is Eric I was a amateur bodybuilder consistently bodybuilding and competing living the lifestyle for a consistent 4 years. My best physique I ever attained l was 220 pounds 7% body fat T 5 foot 8. Long story short met a girl who brought me down and was depressed and out of the gym and healthy lifestyle for 6 months. I'm currently 185 pounds lost almost all my gains. I'm ready to get back to where I was. Question is how fast is it possible to bounce back from such a time off. I was cycling before but this 6 month layback I touched no steroids so I do attend on doing a light cycle. It took me many years to get where I was before. Will muscle memory allow me to achieve my muscle back into where it was 6 months ago ? Thanks to anyone who answers me

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know how fast muscle memory plays part to get my gains back ?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Believe this will depend on several factors- muscle atrophy being one of the most important as well as motor neurons being able to stimulate the muscle. If atrophy is severe obviously the longer this will take. However within 3-4 weeks (if I remember correctly) new blood vessels are/should be created in place of older ones, so endurance training should trigger this. Also, motor movements will help to get your body on track.

As an example, tricep press down. Stay strict to form with min wgt and focus on the muscles being worked.

Hope this helps somewhat, but giving you a def answer like; it will take 19 days and 12 hours (lol) I cant say. But above should help as I said to get you back on track.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Believe this will depend on several factors- muscle atrophy being one of the most important as well as motor neurons being able to stimulate the muscle. If atrophy is severe obviously the longer this will take. However within 3-4 weeks (if I remember correctly) new blood vessels are/should be created in place of older ones, so endurance training should trigger this. Also, motor movements will help to get your body on track.

As an example, tricep press down. Stay strict to form with min wgt and focus on the muscles being worked.

Hope this helps somewhat, but giving you a def answer like; it will take 19 days and 12 hours (lol) I cant say. But above should help as I said to get you back on track.
Good answer. If you're looking to get those gains back fast though, I'd do a cycle that incorporates different PHD's like (GH/peptides + AAS). I'd probably also do something that hits each muscle 2-3x per week if you can handle that while on.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice guys. I do plan on doing a cycle and being in the gym 6 days a week. Hopefully after 2 months I'm back where I was

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Thanks for the advice guys. I do plan on doing a cycle and being in the gym 6 days a week. Hopefully after 2 months I'm back where I was
anytime brother- thats what were all here for- keep us posted on how you are making out

kn78

Awards
I spent almost 2 1/2 years out of the gym due to two compressed vertebrae. It took me a year to get back up to 3x5x315 in my squats. But I also lose pretty much every little bit of strength I have when I don't lift for long periods of time.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not a pro, but I can say that you'll bounce back pretty fast. Will you be a solid 220 @ 7% BF? Who knows... Do you have any pics of that? 7% BF @ 5'8" in the heavyweight will take the cake any day at an amateur contest. In fact, those stats are national level worthy and on a good day, you'd get a pro card with that physique...

None of that above has much to do with your current problem though, other than the fact that if you really were in that kind of shape, it will all come back very fast. If you lived in this level on conditioning long enough to have your fat set point drop towards the "7%" range, then this task will be even easier. Your diet, insulin sensitivity and activity level prior to your attempt to bulk up also plays a huge role in how you come back.

I do realize internet 7% is truly about 10% per DEXA scan. For reference, a true 6% has full striation in the glutes, lower back and hams - no visible fat anywhere. If you are one of those guys that believes people are capable of being less than 4% BF, then this comment applies to you.