Thoughts on this testosterone booster meta analysis?

yeahbuddy555

yeahbuddy555

Awards
The meta analysis: https://sci-hub.do/https://doi.org/10.1093/advances/nmaa134

The meta analysis did have some pretty rigid exclusion criteria so alot of studies got axed, wether thats a good or a bad thing is up the reader.

According to the analysis Ashwaganda extract (KSM66*, increase of 15.3%) and specifically Fenugreek seed extract (FUROSAP* increase of 22.7%) were found to to increase testosterone in young men the most reliably.

"Two studies (42, 64) recruited healthy, young (18–30 y) men. A fenugreek seed extract, Furosap® (250 mg daily), supplemented for 12 wk was associated with a significant increase in TT concentrations (22.7%) compared with the placebo group (−2.0%) in young men (n = 40; 18–30 y; mean: 24.02 ± 3.9 y)"

"While in 57 young males, with a mean age of 28 y, an ashwagandha extract (KSM-66®), at a daily dosage of 600 mg for 8 wk, was associated with a significant increase in testosterone concentrations (15.3% increase) compared with the placebo group (2.7% increase) (P < 0.001)"

Other extracts such as Panax ginseng, Tribulus terrestris, Lepidium meyenii (maca), Rhodiola rosea (rhodiola), Chlorophytum borivilianum (musali), Garcinia cambogia (garcinia), Ganoderma lucidum (reishi), Urtica dioca (stinging nettle), Eurycoma longifolia (longjack) and Cordyceps sinensis (cordyceps) were found to offer little to no benefit for serum testosterone vs placebo.

Thought some of you would find this interesting.
FUROSAP looks promising, the studies on it also showed iprovements in lean mass, but it looks hard to source.
The only place i could find it
https://elixirlifesciences.com/product/furosap-30-capsules/
Thoughts?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the best fenugreek product i've ever used was the og AI sports nutrition-testopro.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a bunch of mst fungreek laying around but never got into doing it. imo just do vector or anabolic effect instead

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It’s a great ingredient on paper and even better in the new kings blood formula. It’s got a ton of trademarked ingredients including 600mg of ksm66 and 500mg of furosap. Profile is below. Lmk if you have any questions.

IMG_9118.JPG

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I LOVE DIVINIL best sh17 evar.. :alien:
designer supplements--activate xtreme and rebound was one of the 1st orders i ever made...along with the og-usplabs powerful, the later formulas weren't nearly as good as original, imo.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I LOVE DIVINIL best sh17 evar.. :alien:
it raises free test. I like IForces testabolan
I'm not sure if you knew, but M-Test has 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran in it. We don't specifically call it Divanil for a couple of reasons:
1) Back in the days when this first became popular, there were some companies that were using generic Urtica Dioica and calling it Divanil so around the time M-Test came out, the name 'Divanil' had some negative connotations to it
2) By FDA labeling law, you're supposed to identify anything herbal or herbal derived on the label as the herbal name, part of herb, and then the constituents (optional).

So rather than call it Divanil like DS did, we called it Divana-Plex and then followed the labeling laws - Urtica Dioica (herbal name), Root (part of plant), and then the constituents 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran, etc.

And agreed, its a great free test booster.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have a bunch of mst fungreek laying around but never got into doing it. imo just do vector or anabolic effect instead
I think you'll be very pleased with Anabolic Effect.

If you do decide to try Fenugreek, I would definitely suggest Furosap.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The meta analysis: https://sci-hub.do/https://doi.org/10.1093/advances/nmaa134

The meta analysis did have some pretty rigid exclusion criteria so alot of studies got axed, wether thats a good or a bad thing is up the reader.

According to the analysis Ashwaganda extract (KSM66*, increase of 15.3%) and specifically Fenugreek seed extract (FUROSAP* increase of 22.7%) were found to to increase testosterone in young men the most reliably.

"Two studies (42, 64) recruited healthy, young (18–30 y) men. A fenugreek seed extract, Furosap® (250 mg daily), supplemented for 12 wk was associated with a significant increase in TT concentrations (22.7%) compared with the placebo group (−2.0%) in young men (n = 40; 18–30 y; mean: 24.02 ± 3.9 y)"

"While in 57 young males, with a mean age of 28 y, an ashwagandha extract (KSM-66®), at a daily dosage of 600 mg for 8 wk, was associated with a significant increase in testosterone concentrations (15.3% increase) compared with the placebo group (2.7% increase) (P < 0.001)"

Other extracts such as Panax ginseng, Tribulus terrestris, Lepidium meyenii (maca), Rhodiola rosea (rhodiola), Chlorophytum borivilianum (musali), Garcinia cambogia (garcinia), Ganoderma lucidum (reishi), Urtica dioca (stinging nettle), Eurycoma longifolia (longjack) and Cordyceps sinensis (cordyceps) were found to offer little to no benefit for serum testosterone vs placebo.

Thought some of you would find this interesting.
FUROSAP looks promising, the studies on it also showed iprovements in lean mass, but it looks hard to source.
The only place i could find it
https://elixirlifesciences.com/product/furosap-30-capsules/
Thoughts?
I think in analyzing that study there are a couple of important things to keep in mind going into it:
- As you did a good job of pointing out, there are some exclusions that an argument may could be made that shouldn't have been excluded.
- That for some of the other extracts that weren't found to have an effect, there are some outside factors that could have influenced the lack of results on a few. I'll detail them below.

I'm doing the best I can do on this, if I miss something, I apologize. The chart in the study displays all sorts of messed up in my browser haha.

Ingredients shown not to have much benefit:
- Panax Ginseng - There are literally standardizations available for so many different combinations of active constituents and a range from 10% up to 75% or more available and from what I saw the study didn't specify any certain potency so I don't think it could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market.
- Tribulus - I've always thought of Tribulus as more for libido than as a test booster; although it does seem to help testosterone levels in some people. So I categorize this individually dependent.
- Maca - I've always thought of Maca as more for libido than as a test booster.
- Rhodiola - I never thought of this as a test booster anyway.
- Chlorophytum - They didn't specify any certain potency that I saw so I don't think that could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market.
- Garcinia - I never thought of this as a test booster anyway.
- Reishi - I never thought of this as a test booster anyway.
- Urtica/Stinging Nettle - They didn't specify any certain potency that I saw so I don't think that this could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market. I think the ones high in 3,4 like in M-Test are great for increasing free testosterone.
- Eurycoma Longifolia - They didn't specify any particular type that I saw so I don't think that this could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market. LJ100 works great for some people. I really like the Bionutricia extract and it has good data.
- Cordyceps Sinensis - I never thought of this as a test booster anyway.

-----------------------

Now, with the science part of this out of the way, I want to commend you on the post and the incredibly good timing of it haha.

As many reading know, Competitive Edge Labs M-Test has KSM66 in it and we sell KSM66 as a single ingredient under SNS.
Links to write ups:
M-Test - https://competitiveedgelabs.com/product/m-test/
KSM-66 - https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/ksm-66-695-mg-90-caps/

You said that you couldn't find Furosap by anyone besides Elixer.
I got this - I'll change that for you within the next week haha.

Furosap picture.jpg

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think in analyzing that study there are a couple of important things to keep in mind going into it:
- As you did a good job of pointing out, there are some exclusions that an argument may could be made that shouldn't have been excluded.
- That for some of the other extracts that weren't found to have an effect, there are some outside factors that could have influenced the lack of results on a few. I'll detail them below.

I'm doing the best I can do on this, if I miss something, I apologize. The chart in the study displays all sorts of messed up in my browser haha.

- Panax Ginseng - There are literally standardizations available for so many different combinations of active constituents and a range from 10% up to 75% or more available and from what I saw the study didn't specify any certain potency so I don't think it could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market.
- Tribulus - I've always thought of Tribulus as more for libido than as a test booster; although it does seem to help testosterone levels in some people. So I categorize this individually dependent.
- Chlorophytum - They didn't specify any certain potency that I saw so I don't think that could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market.
- Urtica/Stinging Nettle - They didn't specify any certain potency that I saw so I don't think that this could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market. I think the ones high in 3,4 like in M-Test are great for increasing free testosterone.
- Eurycoma Longifolia - They didn't specify any particular type that I saw so I don't think that this could be held as representative of all potencies and variations on the market. LJ100 works great for some people. I really like the Bionutricia extract and it has good data.

-----------------------

Now, with the science part of this out of the way, I want to commend you on the post and the incredibly good timing of it haha.

As many reading know, Competitive Edge Labs M-Test has KSM66 in it and we sell KSM66 as a single ingredient under SNS.
Links to write ups:

View attachment 204962
Did not see that coming! Full of surprise you are!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did not see that coming! Full of surprise you are!!
Ha. We have a lot of ingredients coming out that I think will be surprising. We're trying to do everything we get asked for on here, but we still have a lot of other things we're working on as well. Especially with branded ingredients.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
haha leaked

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2) By FDA labeling law, you're supposed to identify anything herbal or herbal derived on the label as the herbal name, part of herb, and then the constituents (optional).
yup yup so many companies out there just packing stuff .. and you can clearly tell who is doing it .. but pple still rather get their stuff then the ones who are following laws and producing in cgmp facility

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Barlowes has a fenugreek extract. 70'% furostanol saponins. Interesting??

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Barlowes has a fenugreek extract. 70'% furostanol saponins. Interesting??
Maybe for blood sugar but not for testosterone boosting. You're honestly looking at a generic type of Fenugreek that costs less than 20.00 per kg. (And I actually like Barlowe's as a brand for some things, just being honest here).

-RONIN-

Awards
  • First Up Vote

-----------------------

Links to write ups:

View attachment 204962
Great¡¡

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe for blood sugar but not for testosterone boosting. You're honestly looking at a generic type of Fenugreek that costs less than 20.00 per kg. (And I actually like Barlowe's as a brand for some things, just being honest here).
Thanks 4 the heads-up? Looking forward to your version 😸

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks 4 the heads-up? Looking forward to your version 😸
No problem at all. Fenugreek has different constituents and different ways/things it can be standardized for and that often leads to the confusion with the ingredient itself.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 205010
Is this kind any good? I have a few bottles
Feedback has always been mixed on Testofen. Some people liked it but a lot of people said it didn't do anything for them. It didn't do anything for me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't for some others. The company that owns the rights to it did a lot of marketing for it but also caught a lot of backlash over some of their claims. There was actually a very big lawsuit against them for their study claims at one time but I didn't follow it to see how it turned out.

My personal opinion is that you already paid for it so may as well use it UNLESS you're estrogen sensitive. That was something that I remember some people saying is that they did have some estrogen related type sides with it, but I didn't. But after using it up, I'd try Furosap.

I also want to make it really clear that the study the OP posted is specific to Furosap and doesn't correlate to Testofen at all bc they are standardized completely differently.

Another good way to think of it - if we had wanted to go for profit only and maximize sales based on advertising, we would have went with Testofen over Furosap. Instead, we wanted to go with what we felt like was the best so we went with Furosap. And ironically, we've had labels since before this study was even released so this study in this thread is just kind of confirmation to me that we made the right decision :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Like SNS said, if you are estrogen sensitive dont touch it¡¡ i bloated a lot with it in the past. Dont like this fenugreek. Waiting for Furosap .
Shouldn't be a long wait :)

I'm thinking launch Anacyclus XT today or tomorrow and then Furosap beginning of next week. Or I may just launch both at the same time. I normally like to space things out some but I also have several more products that will be out over the course of the next few weeks as well. Just sometimes when launch things at the same time, something tends to get overlooked.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the mécanisme behind Testofen estrogenicity. Is it related to testosterone increase and conversion or something different? Asking to see if it can be countered with an AI.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is the mécanisme behind Testofen estrogenicity. Is it related to testosterone increase and conversion or something different? Asking to see if it can be countered with an AI.
lower DHT, that increase test and then estrogen, from what I understand

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Shouldn't be a long wait :)

I'm thinking launch Anacyclus XT today or tomorrow and then Furosap beginning of next week. Or I may just launch both at the same time. I normally like to space things out some but I also have several more products that will be out over the course of the next few weeks as well. Just sometimes when launch things at the same time, something tends to get overlooked.
I want to see that sexy Anacyclus XT label come on!!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
lower DHT, that increase test and then estrogen, from what I understand
I've heard different things and I don't want to speculate; but I would think one would be able to offset it by taking something like Inhibit-E with it. But I think really the best bet is when its used up, just switch to Furosap.

I want to see that sexy Anacyclus XT label come on!!!
I'm doing my best haha. Soon, soon :)
Then Furosap XT shortly after.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've heard different things I don't want to speculate and come off as putting their product down. I would think that Inhibit-E should be able to take care of any of the estrogenic sides from it while using it up; but I think the best bet is just to switch to Furosap after using up what you have.

And on a positive note, Furosap XT will be less expensive anyway :)

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any chance of new SuperSwole having 30 servings?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any chance of new SuperSwole having 30 servings?
No, because of price. Super Swole's formula is so loaded with active ingredients that if we did a 30 serving, we would lose a lot of potential customers bc of what the price point would be.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No worries, I will just order 2 if you have it out by 6/1😉
The contract manufacturer is waiting only one ingredient and then it will be ran and back in stock. That's the bad part about branded ingredients sometimes is that when they're out of their own ingredient, all you can do is wait.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Furosap XT is available now.

Here's a link to the intro thread:

Here's a link to the product on the SNS website:

Normal price: 32.99

Save 30% off thru January 2nd with coupon code memorialday30 which makes your price be 23.09 ea.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Since the results of the study this thread is about are Furosap and KSM66 and since we just launched Furosap XT and already offered KSM66, I put together a discounted stack on the website.

Also, we are extending the Memorial Day sale thru Sunday night so you can still get 30% off the already discounted stack price.
That will be one bottle of Furosap XT and 1 bottle of KSM66 for 41.99!