Thoughts on new Sucralose research?

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just wondering what people think about the findings on the artificial sweetener sucralose? How it metabolizes to sucralose 6 acetate which is supposedly genotoxic, destroys gut bacteria the lining causing leaky gut and increasing risk for certain cancers. I guess I always knew fake sugar isn't good but it is in everything. Even in the lactose free milk I drink and protein shakes.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just wondering what people think about the findings on the artificial sweetener sucralose? How it metabolizes to sucralose 6 acetate which is supposedly genotoxic, destroys gut bacteria the lining causing leaky gut and increasing risk for certain cancers. I guess I always knew fake sugar isn't good but it is in everything. Even in the lactose free milk I drink and protein shakes.
What kind of milk are you using, I use fairlife. It's ultra filtered lactose free milk but there's no sweeteners added and I don't see why there would be unless it's almond milk or something

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What kind of milk are you using, I use fairlife. It's ultra filtered lactose free milk but there's no sweeteners added and I don't see why there would be unless it's almond milk or something
That's what I use too but I drink the chocolate milk and that's got sucralose in it. I may just drink regular chocolate milk and take a lactase tablet or something.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's what I use too but I drink the chocolate milk and that's got sucralose in it. I may just drink regular chocolate milk and take a lactase tablet or something.
Oh ok, Fairlife chocolate is hands down the best chocolate milk I've ever had. If the research ends up being that it's definitely that bad, I'd probably still have the chocolate Fairlife as a treat occasionally because I fuxin love Dat shyt lol

Last edited:
hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Oh ok, Fairlife chocolate is hands down the best chocolate milk I've ever had. If the research ends up being that it's definitely that bad, I'd probably still have the chocolate Fairlife as a treat occasionally because I fuxin love Dat shyt lol
I know right. I wonder if you do other things to take care of your gut biome if it offsets the effects of the sucralose. I just realized a preworkout I've been enjoying has it in it and I'm not going to throw it out so welp we will see how it goes. I'll link the study below.
Sucralose Study

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know right. I wonder if you do other things to take care of your gut biome if it offsets the effects of the sucralose. I just realized a preworkout I've been enjoying has it in it and I'm not going to throw it out so welp we will see how it goes. I'll link the study below.
Sucralose Study
Ya it seems to becoming a popular topic. I hope it's wrong. I do gave gut issues tho.... 😆

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My cancer Doctors told me not to use Equal or any Sucralose products, but Splenda or Stevia is ok. I prefer Stevia !

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it seems pretty damning. I'm trying not to think about it cause I have costco sized sugar free redbulls cases (the small cans) stored up, enough for the summer (they were on sale lol)

however I'd have to know more about the study. they also linked aspartame to cancer but didn't tell you that the amount of aspartame they gave the clinical rats was equal to like 2600 diet cokes per day.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm glad you all jumped in on this. I appreciate all the feedback it really helped me and reminded me why I'm a part of this community 💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They just told me no Aspartame
thats interesting, although not super surprising. seems like bottom line is that most people are leaning towards more natural unprocessed foods if possible either way 🤔

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thats interesting, although not super surprising. seems like bottom line is that most people are leaning towards more natural unprocessed foods if possible either way 🤔
Aspartame will lower your Blood Platelets, which is something I don't need right now.