Thoughts on international shipping rates?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We at PHW are always trying to be the best. With that said, we know that our international customers often face impractical shipping costs making their purchases out of the question (or more expensive than the supps themselves!)...

So what would you guys like to see?

What rates would be so competitive you'd look to us first?

Shipping defined by weight breaks?

Flat rates?

Let's hear your thoughts!
GNO Auslifter carmaf Pec.Major Xrkc6x bring all our international bros in here to let us know!

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
Free shipping over 100 dollars or something like that would be nice

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We at PHW are always trying to be the best. With that said, we know that our international customers often face impractical shipping costs making their purchases out of the question (or more expensive than the supps themselves!)...

So what would you guys like to see?

What rates would be so competitive you'd look to us first?

Shipping defined by weight breaks?

Flat rates?

Let's hear your thoughts!
GNO Auslifter carmaf Pec.Major Xrkc6x bring all our international bros in here to let us know!
flat rates please led to a lot of orders from NP for me until their rebrand lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
flat rates please led to a lot of orders from NP for me until their rebrand lol.
Based on weight, size, price, #items? Weight/size seems most reasonable

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Flat rate shipping sounds great. With the Canadian dollar taking a beating right now some competitive pricing would also be needed for me to shop there. Prices may be good for Americans, but after conversion it's not feasible for me with the pricing atm. Some expanded brand selection would be nice as well.

Honestly speaking though, PHW seems like a really great site for what it's geared towards, and that is the more risque side of the Supplement world (PH,PCT etcs.).

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Id say flat rate and something like a free or discounted shipping for orders over 100$?

That would be nice, I'd really order to give you guys the money instead of supplements store here in the uk but I can't all time cause of shipping cost.
Thanks for asking us anyway, really appreciated :)

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For international shipping please keep the USPS option in. Or add otion where the delivery in doen by local postal services.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Flat rate shipping sounds great. With the Canadian dollar taking a beating right now some competitive pricing would also be needed for me to shop there. Prices may be good for Americans, but after conversion it's not feasible for me with the pricing atm. Some expanded brand selection would be nice as well.

Honestly speaking though, PHW seems like a really great site for what it's geared towards, and that is the more risque side of the Supplement world (PH,PCT etcs.).
We have been expanding RAPIDLY over the last few weeks and will continue to add to our selection. We're getting away from the old PHW that was almost strictly ph/ds/etc and bei fining everything on board.

We've added well over 100 products and multiple brands in the last two weeks alone. Let us know if there's specific products or brands you're looking for still as we aim to be a one-stop shop.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Flat rate+USPS is the ideal combination. For me its no point ordering more than 2-3 little bottles as bigger boxes will be inspected by customs and in order to get them I will have to spend days to the equivalent FDA to get clearance etc.etc.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Flat rate with USPS. I've never had any issues with USPS getting things to Aus.

PHWSupplements

PHWSupplements

Board Sponsor
Awards
What rates is every body looking for? We can most definitely be competitive? What was that old NP flat rate?

PHWSupplements

PHWSupplements

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's hard to say. I just tried to ship a FocusXT to my postal code and it was 25US which is crazy. That and the price you guys have the product for is considerably higher than other places.

I know these things take time though. International shipping rates from what I know get lower once your sales volume increases, but hard to get those sales while the prices are high(don't know **** though if you guys can do cheap flat rate that is huge). Your site looks really great though, very clean and one thing I've noticed is it loads VERY quickly and your selection of supps seems solid.
PM me any cheaper prices, we'll beat them!

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
PM me any cheaper prices, we'll beat them!
Like the sound of that...I livve in Denmark...And its almost more expensive to pay shipping then what the products cost :D

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
I just had the confirmation that I have to pay on top of the shipping cost which was 100$ or more, something like £150 for customs ..... I'm not happy at all....

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
I just had the confirmation that I have to pay on top of the shipping cost which was 100$ or more, something like £150 for customs ..... I'm not happy at all....
holky fack! thats crazy!!!! You a brit?

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
holky fack! thats crazy!!!! You a brit?
Yes I live in uk and I'm Brit since 1 month ha! Anyway bdcc said it was just bad luck the pachage was sent as gift with insurance for $100 based on what I see on the tracking site and it was 4x White chocolate mint+2x vanilla (small bottles)+ 1x 55 servings cpbc, I'm gutted :( at least I was hoping to have it before xmas but as you can imagine it's a no joy...

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
Yes I live in uk and I'm Brit since 1 month ha! Anyway bdcc said it was just bad luck the pachage was sent as gift with insurance for $100 based on what I see on the tracking site and it was 4x White chocolate mint+2x vanilla (small bottles)+ 1x 55 servings cpbc, I'm gutted :( at least I was hoping to have it before xmas but as you can imagine it's a no joy...
How the hell could thiss happen... You shouldnt get to pay for a mistake they made?? Or am i wrong.. iLive in Denmark.. And its crazy how much you need to pay in shipping.Thats made me put of orders.. But im told you can be lucky and get some good deals...

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
How the hell could thiss happen... You shouldnt get to pay for a mistake they made?? Or am i wrong.. iLive in Denmark.. And its crazy how much you need to pay in shipping.Thats made me put of orders.. But im told you can be lucky and get some good deals...
Trust me man il here sin e 2007 i got lot of bad luck with shipping from us, mistake, well it's not their mistake, pes declared gift... For some reason, maybe it was too heavy or maybe they saw the insurance so they thought I had to pay I don't know, all I know is my parcel is still at parcelforce depot waiting for some lazy bastard to apply the fees and notify me, this is happening since a week, I called them they said cause of xmas this can take long....
RE PES deals, yes they are great ones so I would have been a mistake missing one of cyber Monday or Black Friday or whatever else :)

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
How does it work regarding VAT when ordering from US to EU? Shouldt US VAT be excluded when bought, then pay local VAT on items? Otherwise it's double taxed...

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
How does it work regarding VAT when ordering from US to EU? Shouldt US VAT be excluded when bought, then pay local VAT on items? Otherwise it's double taxed...
I don't know :(

BorisF

BorisF

Awards
I don't know :(
all would be good in case the seller "proclaims" lower value of the products. In my county I pay 19% if the package is worth more than 45euros I think. If it's more than 150 euros I must pay additional fees.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Us orders won't have tax on them except within certain states. Going international they won't unless you get taxed locally (EU)

PHWSupplements

PHWSupplements

Board Sponsor
Awards
We have worked out some tricks with working around customs.

As for international pricing, I'm going to have a meeting with our Postal Representatives at the office and work out some better rates that should be reflective after the New Years!

Any lower prices? Email them to [email protected] and we'll do our best to match them, if not beat them.

Happy Holidays!

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the post above of based on structure of weight and etcs. Also from usps as I never seem to have to pay any sort of duty or fee's associated when sent by them. It has made it bearable with the lowering of the Canadian dollars worth compared to the U.S. Dollar. Lately I've been sucking up the cost of a weak dollar and shipping costs. I guess my available option is to get a box just across the border or befriend a U.S. AM member. Maybe also free shipping option for a bulk order of like 200-300 ? where the totals are calculated in international dollars and not just in U.S. to make it more plausible.

sareea

Awards
Hello,
I want to mention a really important issue.
All the flat rates and express methods usually take handling fee for tax check process. And they are ridiculously expensive.

For example:
For a 49$ protein tub I paid 20$ fedex flat rate. After reaching customs in my country, they called me demanding another 70$ for handling because the tub requires Health ministry authorization bla bla... Even though the package is not taxable ! ( bellow threshold for tax in my country which is 75$ ).

This never happened to me when I chose Fedex mailview with iHerb, and never also happened with bb.com dhl economy method.

So please always offer:
Usps ( first class and priority, not the express ! )
Dhl/fedex economy or mail service.

Thank you !

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
I want to see where this post goes. I always have to order from American sites to get my supplements in Japan.