Thoughts on bloodwork overall

JReinhal

Active Member
36 years old, 5'11", 215lbs. I sleep 8 hours a night, lift heavy.
For the bulk of last year I ate a fat heavy Paleo diet. My testosterone was mid to high 400s. Since I have gone lower fat/cholesterol and it appears my testosterone has dropped quite a bit. I struggle with mid section weight and feel tired quite often.
Thoughts on not just T levels but overall bloodwork?

Than you
Invalid Link Removed
Invalid Link Removed
Invalid Link Removed
 
I'm no expert but since no one commented yet...
For 36 years old test should be double what it is. The estrogen is a bit concerning at 8!? That's very low and can cause some issues in itself. If you got you test to double around 700 level you estrogen would rise into a normal range I would think which would solve your tiredness problem I bet.
You have low shbg mine is also low at 18 on that same scale which means you would benefit most from a twice weekly shot regimen if not a transdermal application every day like androgel of you don't like shots.
Why don't you first try a clomid restart protocol and see how you feel before jumping into trt
 
I'm no expert but since no one commented yet...
For 36 years old test should be double what it is. The estrogen is a bit concerning at 8!? That's very low and can cause some issues in itself. If you got you test to double around 700 level you estrogen would rise into a normal range I would think which would solve your tiredness problem I bet.
You have low shbg mine is also low at 18 on that same scale which means you would benefit most from a twice weekly shot regimen if not a transdermal application every day like androgel of you don't like shots.
Why don't you first try a clomid restart protocol and see how you feel before jumping into trt
Thank you for your reply. Between the time I originally posted this and now, I have found a male wellness center that will be prescribing me TRT self injections, of which I have not yet began. Just like you're saying, the concern was that since my SHBG is low, I may not see any real benefits from TRT. As for my E2, it's been in that 8 range for years and Im sure has been a contributing factor to my symptoms. My DHEA-S, though, is within normal range.
To throw another wrench into this, this past week I was prescribed high blood pressure medication (Beta Blocker) by my doctor. Im hoping it's okay to continue with TRT while having medication controlled high blood pressure.
 
Of course the wellness center is going to allow you to go right onto TRT, they don't give a **** about you. Your TSH is high and other markers are as well. Go to a real doctor and get a referral to an Endo to see about a proper path. Not saying TRT isn't an answer, but I sure wouldn't jump on it based on one lab.
 
Of course the wellness center is going to allow you to go right onto TRT, they don't give a **** about you. Your TSH is high and other markers are as well. Go to a real doctor and get a referral to an Endo to see about a proper path. Not saying TRT isn't an answer, but I sure wouldn't jump on it based on one lab.

Thank you for your feedback. I probably should have provided more info. The VA has been treating my hypothyroidism for about 10 years now with medication. They had just upped my dosage a couple months prior to this bloodowork.
I saw an Endo back in 2011. My testosterone was a little higher, in the low 400s, so he told me I was within normal range and sent me on my way.
I am a little concerned about the liver biomarkers being flagged as high though.
Hopefully this extra info helps. Thank you again!
 
Do you take any other medications that would effect liver enzymes. Do you drink at all? I have a va appt next month to try and get them to take over my test prescription we will see how dealing with them goes
 
Look up BigT, I am almost positive he just went through the VA process for TRT. If it wasn't him, let me know and I will think of who it may be by going through old posts.
 
Do you take any other medications that would effect liver enzymes. Do you drink at all? I have a va appt next month to try and get them to take over my test prescription we will see how dealing with them goes

Keep me apprise if you would. Id love to hear how it goes for you.
 
Back
Top