Thoughts on adding low dose deca to TRT

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I am almost 35 and have been on TRT for a few years. I'm prescribed 250mg/week. I was considering adding low dose deca for recovery purposes - maybe 100-125mg/week. I don't plan on cycling right now, just adding this to my usual routine. Thoughts?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed to see responses. This is increasingly popular lately but I'd like to better understand realized benefits from those that are actually doing it.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My dad (been on TRT for 30yrs) likes to add low dose Deca to his TRT here and there, says it helps with recovery. He never had any issues with estro or bloat but it might be a good idea to keep an eye on it, it might increase, otherwise it have next to no sides.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m doing 150mg a week test, 50mg week deca and 25mg per day proviron. Only a few weeks into adding the deca so too early to tell.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
250 test per week seems too high to be "TRT"

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree, but I'm also not going to complain. I started treatment at 120 and gradually increased until I got to 250. That's the dose I feel best at and get no sides from, and it's also legitimately prescribed.
What does that put your Test levels at?

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Right about 1200. Not within "natural" range, I know, but as I stated earlier I'm not gonna complain when I get no sides and all my blood work is good.
What is your SHBG? Curious about your estradiol level too.
How often do you inject and how much per each injection? 250mg would put my test level over 3,000 ng/dL.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Right about 1200. Not within "natural" range, I know, but as I stated earlier I'm not gonna complain when I get no sides and all my blood work is good.
Just be sure to keep an eye on everything long-term.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@jrock645 is using a similar trt protocol maybe he can help you. I know it’s getting very popular

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
How often do you inject and how much per each injection? 250mg would put my test level over 3,000 ng/dL.
My most recent blood work shows Shbg at 48 and my estradiol is at 52. I am also prescribed 0.25mg arimidex 48 hours post shot. I take one shot of 250mg every 7 days. Lol I wish 250 put me that high, damn!

I would probably be fine on 200-225mg/week and would absolutely consider going down if I added in 100-150mg Deca. I also have the option of 25mg proviron every day. I have only used it at 50mg/day while on cycle in the past, but I've read (and one poster mentioned it earlier) 25mg/day can still make a valuable difference.

I'm not trying to compete or anything like that at this point, although I might consider it 2-3 years down the line. Just trying to look and feel my best and be prepared in case of zombie apocalypse 😂

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here’s a 🍪 for you. Award is coming too. Stop spewing the same **** to people you will end up confusing them with false information. This forum already know you’re a Greek god reaching over 3000+ TT on 250mg a week and you’re bloods are flawless. Don’t put into some people’s head that this is normal or regular.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Here’s a 🍪 for you. Award is coming too. Stop spewing the same **** to people you will end up confusing them with false information. This forum already know you’re a Greek god reaching over 3000+ TT on 250mg a week and you’re bloods are flawless. Don’t put into some people’s head that this is normal or regular.
No thanks, I haven't had a cookie or junk food in years. No need to get mad. I wasn't talking to you.
It is more odd, rather than common for that much test to not put an individual much higher than 1,200 ng/dL.
I wish I knew the mechanism why this is because his SHBG is normal and E2 isn't excessively high. I wonder if his DHT is through the roof? I just find it bizarre that putting in X amount of Test gives different Test levels.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My most recent blood work shows Shbg at 48 and my estradiol is at 52. I am also prescribed 0.25mg arimidex 48 hours post shot. I take one shot of 250mg every 7 days. Lol I wish 250 put me that high, damn!

I would probably be fine on 200-225mg/week and would absolutely consider going down if I added in 100-150mg Deca. I also have the option of 25mg proviron every day. I have only used it at 50mg/day while on cycle in the past, but I've read (and one poster mentioned it earlier) 25mg/day can still make a valuable difference.

I'm not trying to compete or anything like that at this point, although I might consider it 2-3 years down the line. Just trying to look and feel my best and be prepared in case of zombie apocalypse 😂
Any way you can split that into two shots per week? One dose a week is suboptimal imo.

And the idea with my setup is to get more from less total hormone. Balanced 19nor and dht, blended with the test. Minimal estro conversion because its smaller doses at once, and the small dose of proviron each day cuts down on aromatization, thus eliminating the need for an AI.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
1200 in the trough?

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Any way you can split that into two shots per week? One dose a week is suboptimal imo.

And the idea with my setup is to get more from less total hormone. Balanced 19nor and dht, blended with the test. Minimal estro conversion because its smaller doses at once, and the small dose of proviron each day cuts down on aromatization, thus eliminating the need for an AI.

Yes, I can split up my shots. What type of schedule would you recommend? Every 3.5 days like on a normal cycle? I also like the idea with your setup. I'm all about less is more. If I could get away with less than 200mg/week I would, but I just don't feel optimal on that dose. With 250 I just feel great all around. I am happy to play with the test dose when adding in deca and proviron. Would love it if I could get away from needing any AI, although I am on a low dose, like you said less is more and that's what I'd prefer.

I'm very well aware this a marathon and I'm trying to get my ideal regimen in place for the long haul, not just to get any short term results.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, I can split up my shots. What type of schedule would you recommend? Every 3.5 days like on a normal cycle? I also like the idea with your setup. I'm all about less is more. If I could get away with less than 200mg/week I would, but I just don't feel optimal on that dose. With 250 I just feel great all around. I am happy to play with the test dose when adding in deca and proviron. Would love it if I could get away from needing any AI, although I am on a low dose, like you said less is more and that's what I'd prefer.

I'm very well aware this a marathon and I'm trying to get my ideal regimen in place for the long haul, not just to get any short term results.
How many days after pin, do you get bloodwork?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I do Mondays and fridays. Which may not be ideal by about a day, at least on paper, but I think as soon as you start injecting more than once a week you mitigate the whole peak and trough thing. Monday and Friday is just easy for me to remember.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep in mind that there is more than just trying to optimize test levels, once you move to multiple injections, you need to also continue to keep an eye on other areas. For me, moving to e3.5d was not good as it increased my RBC and HCT pretty substantially. Moving back to 1x weekly settled things. There is no "this is the best way", it is all what works for you. Some guys like to inject everyday, some eod, etc..

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
100mg's of cypionate puts me at 1215 the next day and 706 a week later.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
So your 1200 in the trough, probably around 2000 at the peak...too high in my opinion for longetivity purposes..

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
OP, what is your free test??

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So your 1200 in the trough, probably around 2000 at the peak...too high in my opinion for longetivity purposes..
When i was doing my "trt", 100 mg test + 1000 iu hcg weekly divided into 2 shots both, my test was 1043 between injections, 48 hours post injection, 24-48 hours before the next shot.

First ever shot of 250mg put me @ 1456 48 hours later.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When i was doing my "trt", 100 mg test + 1000 iu hcg weekly divided into 2 shots both, my test was 1043 between injections, 48 hours post injection, 24-48 hours before the next shot.

First ever shot of 250mg put me @ 1456 48 hours later.
Wow as mentioned above by Phoenixgamer you have shitty genetics if your total test isn’t ten thousand on 250mg test a week. Or something is wrong with you

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
250 a week puts the average person at 2,500 total test (peak)

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow as mentioned above by Phoenixgamer you have shitty genetics if your total test isn’t ten thousand on 250mg test a week. Or something is wrong with you
Yup and i felt really good. At 125 test and 1500 hcg i felt like a 15 year old libido wise, was too much.
At this dose (100 test and 1000 hcg a week) i still felt better than natural, recovery was improved, but more normal libido wise, if you know what i am saying.

Tbh had i have been doing it 4 life, i would have brought those doses even lower.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
250 a week puts the average person at 2,500 total test (peak)
Where are you getting this info? Not trying to give you ****, but it's a real issue with how often people pull numbers out of the sky and use them in a "factual" manner. Then other less informed guys try to chase this, but there is no actual backing data.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Where are you getting this info? Not trying to give you ****, but it's a real issue with how often people pull numbers out of the sky and use them in a "factual" manner. Then other less informed guys try to chase this, but there is no actual backing data.
I am really curious about that as well.

I will get my levels tested 48hrs post shot to see what my peak is. I definitely don't want to jeopardize longevity. Can you tell me what the specific risks are?

And maybe I should lower the test and add hcg? Cause even at 250, while my libido is great, it's nowhere close to what it was in my late teens/early 20s. Although honestly I'm pretty happy with where my libido is at, I'm more curious about the potential benefits/drawbacks of lowering the test.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I will get my levels tested 48hrs post shot to see what my peak is. I definitely don't want to jeopardize longevity. Can you tell me what the specific risks are?

And maybe I should lower the test and add hcg? Cause even at 250, while my libido is great, it's nowhere close to what it was in my late teens/early 20s. Although honestly I'm pretty happy with where my libido is at, I'm more curious about the potential benefits/drawbacks of lowering the test.
Could it be because we just get used to high libido? And it isn’t as great as what we remember simply because we are used to it? I dunno. Libido was new for us as teens and when I started cruising at 28 years old it’s like I found my teen libido again it was insane and now I feel just normal but maybe it’s still the same and I’m just used to it. Or maybe steroids are just fucking us up. Who knows

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
From doing alot of research online, and my own bloodwork.

Dr. George Touliatos is one HRT doc that uses this as a guideline. Of course everyone is different, but 100 pg/nL x MG of Test injected gives you an idea. Bloodwork is the only way to know.

There is enough info on youtube nowadays. I could open my own clinic and have dudes feeling great in no time. And healthy...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

The risk is elevated hematocrit, cholesterol, and estrogen related issues. What is your free T?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
250mg is more like a beginner cycle...not TRT

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The risk is elevated hematocrit, cholesterol, and estrogen related issues. What is your free T?
elevated hct and hemoblogin isn’t a risk. You donate when needed and problem solved. Estrogen isn’t a problem either. Cholesterol can be a real problem LONG LONG term though you’re right.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Lowering test and adding hcg isn't going to help what you are after because hcg will spike test and most of us that have been on TRT for a long time ended up dropping HCG due to sides associated with this- namely very high estrogen. The key is to use the least amount of "things" so this is sustainable for your life.

Chasing libido will be a never ending quest because it is complicated and even when nothing changes, you will go through periods where it is higher or lower than you expect. Then you start dwelling on it and it becomes a head game and that starts to affect it. We aren't supposed to walk around with erections all day thinking about banging everything that comes our way. Sometimes we read too much about what to "expect" or other's anecdotal evidence and we start to wonder if there is something wrong.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed for info !!

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote

I guess that's why your at 250/wk. Your Shbg is pretty high so your bioavailable must be a lot lower, percentage wise, than total T. Your estradiol is also high, you might want to think about .5 arimidex day of inject, then .5 a few days later.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Lowering test and adding hcg isn't going to help what you are after because hcg will spike test and most of us that have been on TRT for a long time ended up dropping HCG due to sides associated with this- namely very high estrogen. The key is to use the least amount of "things" so this is sustainable for your life.

Chasing libido will be a never ending quest because it is complicated and even when nothing changes, you will go through periods where it is higher or lower than you expect. Then you start dwelling on it and it becomes a head game and that starts to affect it. We aren't supposed to walk around with erections all day thinking about banging everything that comes our way. Sometimes we read too much about what to "expect" or other's anecdotal evidence and we start to wonder if there is something wrong.
Hey Kisaj,

funny you mentioned dropping HCG. I just dropped it after a few years now on TRT. I noticed dropping it helped my bloods a bit. My balls are like my freakin dogs though...non existent. Sometimes I don't even think they're there, like they hid somewhere. How do you deal with that? does it get worse? (can't get much worse unless they retreat to my stomach). And yeah, the libido thing is hit and miss. I miss the good ole days, the first few months of TRT when you feel like a teenager again.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I often wonder if I should try HCG ???

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Kisaj,

funny you mentioned dropping HCG. I just dropped it after a few years now on TRT. I noticed dropping it helped my bloods a bit. My balls are like my freakin dogs though...non existent. Sometimes I don't even think they're there, like they hid somewhere. How do you deal with that? does it get worse? (can't get much worse unless they retreat to my stomach). And yeah, the libido thing is hit and miss. I miss the good ole days, the first few months of TRT when you feel like a teenager again.
Honestly, I have not dealt with atrophy as bad as I would have expected. They still hang, not as much as before, but I really never wanted to have big balls getting in the way.