TheVenom's Dienogen Log (Sponsored by Apex Alchemy)

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Huge thanks to @nostrum420 and @Renew1 for generosity and patience.

I was chosen (out of some very solid applicants) to log FOUR bottles of Dienogen- Apex's dienolone topical. While my goal is obviously to see my skin look youthful, radiant, and wrinkle-free, as with any topical cosmetic, I will be keeping a record of any changes in weight and strength, as both are alleged side-effects 😉. I'll also be recording my macros and exercise to account for the variables that also impact these alleged side-effects.

To give you guys an understanding of where I'm starting from, I'm SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than I was at the end of my last log. I went on the longest fast I've ever done, and went from 170lbs, to 137lbs. A lot of my strength, obviously, dwindled as the pounds dropped. We'll get into the details of the fast and I'll answer (almost) any questions about it later. It's a whole topic... I'm 22 days off of my fast, and weighed 145lbs this morning. I'm looking forward to an awesome rebound from the combination of muscle memory, increased insulin sensitivity, and the effects of Dienogen.

I focus primarily on hypertrophy, doing a modified version of GVT, with mild core training and yoga 5 days a week. Since weighted squats and deads are permanently off the menu for me now, I'll be open to suggestions any alternatives that don't stress the lumbar spine.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The Marble- Raw, Unrefined

This is the first time I've ever had excess skin. It wasn't bad, but was worse than this 22 days ago.

Muscle bellies are loving the replenished glycogen so far. Did you know that you don't hold water weight on a water-fast? 😂

I cannot for the life of me figure out how you guys take pictures of your backs and flex at the same time. Someone teach me because this looks ridiculous.

My biggest loss... I've always been proud of my legs. My poor, pasty legs... looking as awful as the caulk around my tub. I feel I'm going to struggle with this, not being able to squat.

I have some serious ground to make up, but few feeling rival those of the gains you make when coming off of a long break.

Last edited:
TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
*RESERVED FOR FINAL REVIEW*

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was arms. The idea is to maximize tempo, without sacrifing form, rom, or contraction. Full contraction with a strong squeeze, followed by a slow negative that should take about 3x the time of the contraction. At no point during a set do I come to rest. The end of the negative segways into the next rep, steady flow, like water. 30 second rest between sets, in which I stretch. I try to chose a weight that will put me as close to failure as possible without reaching it.

Bb curl (70#)
12x4, 10x4, 8x4

DB Incline Curls (25#)
12x2 Superset, 12x2, 10x2 Superset, 10x2, 8x2 Superset, 8x2

Hammer Curl (15#)
"21's" x4
(21's are an absolute monster to do in this fashion. The pump is intense, and all instinct tells you to sling the damn dumbell.)

Crunches
15x4
(30sec lying-vacuum between sets)

30m Yoga

Dinner tonight
rsz_20201006_185751_2.jpg

A good portion of the green beans were covered by the behemoth of a sweet potato.

Daily intake:
Protein - 187g
Carbs - 315g
Fat - 128g
Total Calories - 3,078

I often forget to count the calories in my coffee (tablespoon of coconut oil) and in my daily tablespoon of salmon oil as well. They account for a total of 28g of fats daily. I'm not going through the trouble of posting everything I eat on here, so just keep on mind that on any given post, I may have left out 28g of healthy fats 😁 (not today lol)

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm Really looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Your body is Primed, man.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm Really looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Your body is Primed, man.
I keep telling myself that. That the gains will far outweigh the loss. I'm confident that it will all work out in the end, but I have a hate-hate relationship with mirrors, and maannnn the mirror has been talking a lot lately.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
its documented that there is a huge rebound benefit when anabolics are introduced directly after a diet. this should be pretty profound for you.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Food is on point :) in on this log!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today was arms. The idea is to maximize tempo, without sacrifing form, rom, or contraction. Full contraction with a strong squeeze, followed by a slow negative that should take about 3x the time of the contraction. At no point during a set do I come to rest. The end of the negative segways into the next rep, steady flow, like water. 30 second rest between sets, in which I stretch. I try to chose a weight that will put me as close to failure as possible without reaching it.

Bb curl (70#)
12x4, 10x4, 8x4

DB Incline Curls (25#)

Hammer Curl (15#)
"21's" x4
(21's are an absolute monster to do in this fashion. The pump is intense, and all instinct tells you to sling the damn dumbell.)

Crunches
15x4

30m Yoga

Dinner tonight
View attachment 198442
A good portion of the green beans were covered by the behemoth of a sweet potato.

Daily intake:
Protein - 187g
Carbs - 315g
Fat - 128g
Total Calories - 3,078

I often forget to count the calories in my coffee (tablespoon of coconut oil) and in my daily tablespoon of salmon oil as well. They account for a total of 28g of fats daily. I'm not going through the trouble of posting everything I eat on here, so just keep on mind that on any given post, I may have left out 28g of healthy fats (not today lol)
That looks great. You cook that?!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Bb curl (70#)
12x4, 10x4, 8x4

DB Incline Curls (25#)

Hammer Curl (15#)
"21's" x4

Crunches
15x4

30m Yoga

Dinner tonight
View attachment 198442

Daily intake:
Protein - 187g
Carbs - 315g
Fat - 128g
Total Calories - 3,078

I often forget to count the calories in my coffee (tablespoon of coconut oil) and in my daily tablespoon of salmon oil as well. They account for a total of 28g of fats daily. I'm not going through the trouble of posting everything I eat on here, so just keep on mind that on any given post, I may have left out 28g of healthy fats 😁 (not today lol)
that a men meal for sure !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yessir, and I will note that while airfriers are great, they leave a lot to be desired with cornbread muffins
Gotta bake that Jiffy mix in the oven proper and just work the macros in man!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yessir, and I will note that while airfriers are great, they leave a lot to be desired with cornbread muffins
But that steak though. That's impressive for an air fryer.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My sweet baby Jesus, I haven't felt DOMS like this in years. I suspect I'll be having a lot of it while I adjust back to being active. One thing about extensive fasting-- you CANNOT workout. Then for the next couple of weeks, you can't go too hard even if you feel like you can. I really didn't miss it hurting my arms just to drive 😣

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Last night, I was burning up. 3 days in before the night sweats started would be a new record for me if it is indeed because of the Dienolone, I also had some crazy dreams, so my night fits the bill... Today was rest, and tomorrow is the first chest day since starting, so I'm very excited to see how things go.

Will post intake tonight before bed.

Last edited:
TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Intake:

Protein - 273
Carbs - 255
Fat - 119
Total Calories - 3,232

Backed off on the carbs today to see if that would alleviate some of the sweating tonight. I'm sorry for the lack of pictures but I couldn't do my wife's cooking justice with a picture. She seared a pork loin, then roasted super low and slow for 8 hours. She deglazed the pot with a splash of vermouth and apple juice, and served over rice, and poured that sweet saucy concoction over it. The best part-

It was waiting for me when I got home 😍😍.

If this woman ever plots to poison my food, she could even tell me so ahead of time... It would just be my time to go 💁‍♂️

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It looks like I'll be stuck in the office for a few more hours and won't be able to get a workout in tonight. It's already looking like it will be well after bedtime before I even make it home. To exert myself knowing that I won't have the rest need to recover right now, I feel would do more harm than good. Sorry guys 😑

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Much better day today! I'll post tonight's meal Pic, intake, output, and some progress pictures tomorrow. Until then, I'll leave you guys with a Pic of the full stack I have on deck for this run.
rsz_20201010_204738.jpg

The unmarked sachet is osta. It never really did much for me outside of easing my joints when Im too dry.

I also have some SD that I'm holding until my next cycle, and about 50ml of 4-Andro, but it's only 500mg/ml, so not enough to use as a base for this run.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm in.

Dude, that steak looks soooooo good. Pretty keen to hear more fast details too.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i hate when you guys post food pics. I dont post much on here but, Venom can I send you a PM about a brand you said you are affiliated with? I asked ValianThor but no reply. I understand as im just a random guy with low post count. Check my join date though, long time member.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i hate when you guys post food pics. I dont post much on here but, Venom can I send you a PM about a brand you said you are affiliated with? I asked ValianThor but no reply. I understand as im just a random guy with low post count. Check my join date though, long time member.
PM me your email. Thor isn't affiliated.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
‘Mirin’ that ITPP. I can never seem to find it in stock anywhere, and I don’t know the required dosage for my bodyweight anyway, but I have heard it’s a new age secret weapon in strongman for endurance in a tube. It’s often sold as an awful tasting paste you have to choke down, apparently.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
‘Mirin’ that ITPP. I can never seem to find it in stock anywhere, and I don’t know the required dosage for my bodyweight anyway, but I have heard it’s a new age secret weapon in strongman for endurance in a tube. It’s often sold as an awful tasting paste you have to choke down, apparently.
All I've found is that 300-500mg is a sweet spot for most, but no mention of it being mass-dependent. There are a lot of conflicting anecdotes on doses and effects, as well as one stating that it negates the effects of cardarine entirely. This is my first run with it so I'm just doing 1 cap/day.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Looking much fuller already

Vascularity is slowly increasing, even though I'm gaining

I'm getting a LITTLE better at taking pictures of my back

But not much 😁

Roast chicken, loaded potato bake, mixed fruit, and a smoked cheddar-wrapped Jewish Deli pickle. You know ya boy went back for more chicken 😁

Intake:

Protein - 151 (big miss, left my breakfast shake and bar on the kitchen counter, had to utilize carbs I had handy at work)
Carbs - 392
Fat - 113
Total Calories - 3,152

I'm also fairly positive my scale is broken, because it hasn't moved AT ALL. It's obvious that I don't have at least gained a little fluff 🤣

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that corn looks damn good, but i want a couple slices of banana in that fruit cup:cool:

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm in.

Dude, that steak looks soooooo good. Pretty keen to hear more fast details too.
If I had the means to make one "Black & Blue" that's how I'd have it.

The fast was probably the biggest challenge to my discipline I've ever faced. My wife hated it more than me, because she could only see my body and old habits. When I was in my late teens, I suffered really badly from Body Dysmorphia, which wasn't diagnosed until my early 20's. The most I ever weighed until I was 19 was 100lbs. I would work out to the point of exhaustion, but would not eat anywhere near enough to feed my body. I had no idea about what I was doing to myself. All I "knew" is that I was fat. This caused more problems than what was obvious from the outside.

Someone I later became very close to, got very real with me about how I looked, and after a lot of denial, he finally got something in my brain to click. He was supportive and dedicated through all of my "relapses" and episodes. I have no doubt that I owe him my life. This is a small town where men with this type of issue have no professional support. I was essentially labeled as anxious and brushed aside by the few doctors I tried.

He died years ago. I ended a 30-day fast on what would have been his 29th birthday. The first week was absolute hell. The hunger pain, the lethargy, the brain fog, my God it was constant. I couldn't focus on anything and had a really hard time keeping my multivitamins down. After the first week, it got easier to deal with. I dropped the multivitamins and buried myself in my office and took an extra day off work every week to just lie in bed. The next two weeks, we're strangely.... Okay. I felt more confident in my ability to finish and could actually focus and play with my son. We celebrated his birthday with me breaking my fast at his favorite joint on night 30. I had an avacado and decaf with sugar and got some insane looks 😂

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
that corn looks damn good, but i want a couple slices of banana in that fruit cup:cool:
Never heard of bananas in a fruit cup. Wouldn't they get soggy or something?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I had the means to make one "Black & Blue" that's how I'd have it.

The fast was probably the biggest challenge to my discipline I've ever faced. My wife hated it more than me, because she could only see my body and old habits. When I was in my late teens, I suffered really badly from Body Dysmorphia, which wasn't diagnosed until my early 20's. The most I ever weighed until I was 19 was 100lbs. I would work out to the point of exhaustion, but would not eat anywhere near enough to feed my body. I had no idea about what I was doing to myself. All I "knew" is that I was fat. This caused more problems than what was obvious from the outside.

Someone I later became very close to, got very real with me about how I looked, and after a lot of denial, he finally got something in my brain to click. He was supportive and dedicated through all of my "relapses" and episodes. I have no doubt that I owe him my life. This is a small town where men with this type of issue have no professional support. I was essentially labeled as anxious and brushed aside by the few doctors I tried.

He died years ago. I ended a 30-day fast on what would have been his 29th birthday. The first week was absolute hell. The hunger pain, the lethargy, the brain fog, my God it was constant. I couldn't focus on anything and had a really hard time keeping my multivitamins down. After the first week, it got easier to deal with. I dropped the multivitamins and buried myself in my office and took an extra day off work every week to just lie in bed. The next two weeks, we're strangely.... Okay. I felt more confident in my ability to finish and could actually focus and play with my son. We celebrated his birthday with me breaking my fast at his favorite joint on night 30. I had an avacado and decaf with sugar and got some insane looks
Bro I did 7 days and that **** was for the birds.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how are you doing mentally? is the dien doing anything to your mood or sex drive ect?

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
how are you doing mentally? is the dien doing anything to your mood or sex drive ect?
I'm feeling mentally sound, no anxiety, anger, etc.
My sex drive is 150% all day every day though. I don't think even deca could kill my sex drive 😁

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Intake:

Protein - 145
Carbs - 312
Fat - 158
Total - 3,328

Output:
Lunge Walk
100 (Slow, knee to ground, heel to ass, no lockout)

Squat Jump
50 x 4 (ATG Squat, focus on explosiveness)

Leg Extensions 21's #75
5 sets (no lockout/reset. 3s pause on negative)

Crunches
15x5

Supersetted with 1m stomach vacuums

I'm trying to mix up my movements to things my legs aren't "used to". Again, the 21's are an absolute monster even at a low weight

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great workout tonight, great food tonight, and great pictures taken. I tried a new angle and it makes taking pictures so much easier, but I'm just tooooo ready for bed. Today whooped my ass, and sleep is king. I'll post the details tomorrow, but I'm INCREDIBLY happy with the results so far! I haven't been this happy with my own progress since my beginner gains days!! Thanks again @nostrum420 and the Apex Team for the excellent hook-up on some top-notch stuff!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great workout tonight, great food tonight, and great pictures taken. I tried a new angle and it makes taking pictures so much easier, but I'm just tooooo ready for bed. Today whooped my ass, and sleep is king. I'll post the details tomorrow, but I'm INCREDIBLY happy with the results so far! I haven't been this happy with my own progress since my beginner gains days!! Thanks again @nostrum420 and the Apex Team for the excellent hook-up on some top-notch stuff!
Great food is all i took away from this paragraph ;) Glad it's working for you and you're enjoying the run so far!

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alright, big update time. I promise you guys, I've been putting in the work in the kitchen and under the iron. Between 3 hours of commuting, 10-12h shifts, working out, meal prepping, being dad to an 11-month old, and now the LETHARGY (sweet baby Jesus, the lethargy), getting in as many updates as I'd hoped feels impossible. I feel like I'm going to fall asleep in the shower most nights when I get home. I hope these progress pictures show that I'm pushing myself to get the most out of the generosity shown by the Apex crew with the AWESOME amount of QUALITY product. A few notes-

I feel strong as a fuggin ox, and look it too with constant vascularity. I also have noticed decent hardness, which was not expected

My weight is 156 now, ~11lbs heavier than my starting point. It appears to be mostly lean.

I'm struggling to eat as many calories as I WANT. I crave carbs constantly, but I don't think my stomach can facilitate the increase the dien is telling me to consume. Even if I could stomach it, my digestive system probably couldn't. If you've ever done a long fast, you know why... This isn't so much a problem, as it is just information- I'm plenty happy with the gains coming at ~3k cals.

As mentioned above, I'm experiencing a lot of lethargy. This is the first time I've run a tren-like compound without a base, and will probably be the last. If my life weren't so demanding, it probably wouldn't be a problem.

My joints are also suffering. Between the lack a base and increased rate/level of exertion, this was expected.

My BP has surprisingly not moved a bit. I DID fail to mention that I use ACV in the morning and at lunch, then measure my BP when I get home.

I've started cramming almost all of my carbs down in the morning, and night sweats have completely stopped, but moderate insomnia affects me occasionally.

No mental or emotional instabilities have been noticed.

Here's what I'm looking like now. These pics were taken cold, right after waking up.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely seeing major changes. Especially in traps , delts and upper chest. Looking more vascular too . Good work

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely looking vascular. And dang that's a busy schedule you have!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you taking HCG? If not, do it, it's a sufficient base, and will make recovery so much easier.