There Once Was A Log, A Fat Scorching Log….(Sponsored by Apex Alchemy)

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
OK HERE WE GO!!! Flashpoint Log!!!!

Big thank you to the Nos father and the fellas at Apex for providing me with free prod…..I mean an opportunity to give feedback to the community.

In all seriousness, this is going to be VERY interesting.
This should ideally have some spot reduction effects, and there’s some decent science behind an anti-inflammatory response being evoked as well. In other words, this could be a HIT product if it’s effective, and we all know how effective the products from Apex usually are.

Background - about 6’, coming in right about 200 lbs. Body fat estimation - 15-17%.
Body Fat goal - 10%

I have 10+ years of training experience, not only in the form of powerlifting and bodybuilding, but sport specific functional fitness as well.

The downside of that experience is my joints ache a lot, so you may notice certain light days or even extra deload weeks thrown in the mix. A combination of Helios and Cissus seems to keep most major aches and pains away, but I’m still pretty cautious about that. The goal is always to be healed enough to train another day, so if it means pulling back I will pull back.

I do fairly intense cardio on a regular basis, so when I cut my calories begin a bit higher (2600-2700, then taper to 2500, then 23-400, and the lowest I usually find myself at is about 21-2200.
I find that my energy is not suffering and my muscle tissue is retained best on a slow, tapered approach.
I do not count macros. I keep my caloric intake tracked and I get my protein in.
I have never had the metabolism that forced me to count macros, or calories for that matter, as diligently as others do……and the one time I tried a low carb approach I hated life and would have traded in naming rights to my first born just for a piece of bread.

I’m not doing that again.

I have found I respond well to volume, so I’m currently on a modified PPL split, with 6 days of weight training each week. The 7th day is “rest” but usually ends up being light cardio. I just feel better like that mentally.

I’ll be throwing up some pictures tonight, some workout details, and a brief overview of today’s diet/macro intake. Thanks in advance to whoever decides to follow along!

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
First Application was pre-workout today.
I’ve used a decent amount of Apex products in the past, and still use a few others that I stocked during Bogo sales.
Initially I thought there was a slight bit of a reaction to the compound or the carrier oil, but nothing unpleasant or unusual. A bit of redness and a feeling of warmth, but to some extent that’s common for me with topicals. Just seemed to be slightly exaggerated with this compound. However, it felt fitting, since it is supposed to burn fat in a spot reduction manner.
I train on my lunch break at work, and I do not like to eat heavily in the morning. I have 3 decent sized meals in the time post training and before bed, but pre workout it might be as simple as oatmeal, a protein bar (if I have them on hand), or fruit and a shake.

today was -
A banana and a shake pre workout
Post workout -
4 servings (184 grams) of egg whites, low carb toast, 1/4 cup shredded low fat cheese, and 2 kodiak protein waffles.
Snack - 1 serving Kashi Granola Cereal (pic of box attached. It’s delicious and highly recommended if you’re not a carbophobe).
Dinner - Chipotle bowl (my mom came over to see the kiddos, it was the cleanest take out my mother and wife would agree to, not typical) - chicken, serving of white rice (better micro nutrients), black beans, lettuce, corn salsa, tiny bit of sour cream - still under 800 calories and the only bitch of it is the sodium.
Before bed meal- chicken wrap with spinach or kale or both, cucumber, tomato, tbsp of fat free ranch.
1 serving non fat Greek yogurt with 1 cup mixed fruit
Shake

total cals today should end up at around 2650, my bmr should be around 28-2900 at least. Small but effective deficits.

Training -
I mentioned a modified PPL. Today was a push day where I intentionally went lighter as there was a bit of shoulder pain, not worrisome but not something to mess with

Incline DB - 80lb x 12
Smith bench - 225 x 8
High and low cable flys
Arnold press (50 x 12)
Cable lat raises
Dumbbell upright row
Band pull aparts
Tricep push down
Overhead tricep extension
20 min cardio circuit

I’ll get more in detail when I have a full and heavy training session. Today was a “listen to your body” type day.

Attachments

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Full disclaimer - I am using the rest of my epichaos for the beginning of this run as well, and may utilize Ursa Major when that’s gone. Helios is a joint staple, but I mean I think it is for many people due to the efficiency of curcumin as an anti- inflammatory. Regarding aesthetics and performance, if anyone buys flashpoint off of my recommendation, you should buy those too. Just saying, there’s usually a bogo at least every few months and it’s well worth it.

There’s something to be said for lathering yourself in supplements and just rubbing it around like lotion. Like the whole topical area just became more anabolic.
The only other supplements I’m using besides protein are support supps for overall health. There will be no additions during this log until/unless it becomes apparent what flash point is doing on its own. I am VERY familiar with Ursa Major and Epichaos, so keeping those in the mix isn’t going to tell me anything other than they work well synergistically, which I think would be rather obvious to anyone researching the compounds.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First Application was pre-workout today.
I’ve used a decent amount of Apex products in the past, and still use a few others that I stocked during Bogo sales.
Initially I thought there was a slight bit of a reaction to the compound or the carrier oil, but nothing unpleasant or unusual. A bit of redness and a feeling of warmth, but to some extent that’s common for me with topicals. Just seemed to be slightly exaggerated with this compound. However, it felt fitting, since it is supposed to burn fat in a spot reduction manner.
I train on my lunch break at work, and I do not like to eat heavily in the morning. I have 3 decent sized meals in the time post training and before bed, but pre workout it might be as simple as oatmeal, a protein bar (if I have them on hand), or fruit and a shake.

today was -
A banana and a shake pre workout
Post workout -
4 servings (184 grams) of egg whites, low carb toast, 1/4 cup shredded low fat cheese, and 2 kodiak protein waffles.
Snack - 1 serving Kashi Granola Cereal (pic of box attached. It’s delicious and highly recommended if you’re not a carbophobe).
Dinner - Chipotle bowl (my mom came over to see the kiddos, it was the cleanest take out my mother and wife would agree to, not typical) - chicken, serving of white rice (better micro nutrients), black beans, lettuce, corn salsa, tiny bit of sour cream - still under 800 calories and the only bitch of it is the sodium.
Before bed meal- chicken wrap with spinach or kale or both, cucumber, tomato, tbsp of fat free ranch.
1 serving non fat Greek yogurt with 1 cup mixed fruit
Shake

total cals today should end up at around 2650, my bmr should be around 28-2900 at least. Small but effective deficits.

Training -
I mentioned a modified PPL. Today was a push day where I intentionally went lighter as there was a bit of shoulder pain, not worrisome but not something to mess with

Incline DB - 80lb x 12
Smith bench - 225 x 8
High and low cable flys
Arnold press (50 x 12)
Cable lat raises
Dumbbell upright row
Band pull aparts
Tricep push down
Overhead tricep extension
20 min cardio circuit

I’ll get more in detail when I have a full and heavy training session. Today was a “listen to your body” type day.
I am not a carbophobe , even though low carb is very effective, but I believe keeping the diet to as many whole foods is the best scenario. The pre packaged foods and certain condiments can cause inflammation and such. Sticking to :

Lean protein from fish, chicken breast, lean beef, etc
Carbs from sweet potatoes , oats , rice, cream of rice, quinoa, some fruit , etc
Veggies, primarily green such as spinach , cucumber, arugula, green bean, pepper, etc
Fats from avocado, olive oil, almonds, almond butter, etc
Condiments mainly hot sauce(no sugar added), mustard, spices

Is best, especially for getting lean and achieving a grainier, dryer look

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
I am not a carbophobe , even though low carb is very effective, but I believe keeping the diet to as many whole foods is the best scenario. The pre packaged foods and certain condiments can cause inflammation and such. Sticking to :

Lean protein from fish, chicken breast, lean beef, etc
Carbs from sweet potatoes , oats , rice, cream of rice, quinoa, some fruit , etc
Veggies, primarily green such as spinach , cucumber, arugula, green bean, pepper, etc
Fats from avocado, olive oil, almonds, almond butter, etc
Condiments mainly hot sauce(no sugar added), mustard, spices

Is best, especially for getting lean and achieving a grainier, dryer look
But does it taste as good? I’m a believer in balance, moderation, but most of all enjoying what I eat. I know I can enjoy what I eat while getting to sub 10%, albeit less of it as I taper. I have no aspirations to compete or really do anything other than be the young, cool dad….. where when my kids go to school and say “my dad can beat up your dad”, the other kids look at me and then look at them and don’t say **** back.
I’m a simple man.

you’re not wrong. Clean and simple, minimal processing is best. But again…… - Balance. Moderation. Happiness

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 -
Applied pre workout and post nighttime shower.
Definitely feel a more prolonged warmth, which doesn’t bother me at all. Would likely feel rather nice in the winter.
Too early to notice any effects obviously, but I have a good feeling about it.

pretty much same caloric breakdown as yesterday, high protein and carbs, lower fats.
Food was basically the same as well, until dinner. I made some teriyaki jerk chicken breast, green beans, and potatoes……and it was delicious. And super clean.
The trick is to tenderize the chicken breast, give ‘em a couple hours in the marinade, then drizzle more and sprinkle a bit more seasoning during the grilling process.

Still going a bit lighter as my body has been telling me I’m over trained, so just cutting the weight down a bit on some exercises and keeping my sets volume moderate, I should be able to get back heavier next week. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still moving weight, but taking 5-10 lbs off of last weeks and cutting each exercise down to 2 working sets (for the most part)

Pull day -
Weighted pull-ups x 8 (+35 lbs)
One arm cable rows
One arm lat pull downs
Dumbbell row 80lbs x10
Band pull aparts
Face pulls
Rear delt row
Alternating dumbbell curl
Preacher curl machine

simple yet effective today, cut down a bit. If I log the weight on here, it’s on an exercise I’m going to attempt to progress on even in a deficit. I don’t feel the need to say each weight, especially on iso/assistance work.

now time for last meal. Chicken and spinach on low carb wrap, and Greek yogurt with half serving of oatmeal and some cut up fruit. I may let myself eat a bit more if I’m still hungry and put my day at 2800, as I burned off an extra few hundred calories than normal doing a longer cardio circuit today. I can still be in a small deficit, but make sure I’m adequately refueled for the next training session tomorrow. Had an uptick in energy and endurance for some reason

Last edited:
Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In for this. Your abs are already quite prominent. If this stuff works, you may get down to 'visible ab-veins' level of shredded. That's the goal for me, but I've got a little further to go. Let's get it!

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
In for this. Your abs are already quite prominent. If this stuff works, you may get down to 'visible ab-veins' level of shredded. That's the goal for me, but I've got a little further to go. Let's get it!
Dude I’m pretty sure you’re more shredded than me looking at your avatar….

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 -
Quick update today since the kiddos were kind of being little d*cks and I’m exhausted.
I feel like I’m holding less water in that area than I normally would. If this is due to flashpoint, that’s rather fast acting.
Breakfast - banana, oats, protein shake
Post workout meal - 220 grams egg whites, 4 pieces low carb toast, 1 serving of Kashi, 1 serving of grapes
Dinner - ground chicken breast burger, peas, sweet potato fries
2nd dinner - chicken wrap with spinach and tomato, Greek yogurt, 1 medium apple
Caloric intake for the day will be back at the normal 2600. After next week I drop down to about 2400 for a few weeks. I could probably do a more severe deficit, or pick different foods that make me hold less water in general or have a higher thermogenic effect, etc……. But I choose to be happy instead. I will still reach my goals, albeit at my pace.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude I’m pretty sure you’re more shredded than me looking at your avatar….
lol, I really need to update that pic; it's at least 5 years old, maybe older. I'm closer to 12-13% now, and have more lower ab fat than you. Hoping this stuff will help alleviate that.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m in! You have a great starting point already! Looking forward to seeing your results!

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
lol, I really need to update that pic; it's at least 5 years old, maybe older. I'm closer to 12-13% now, and have more lower ab fat than you. Hoping this stuff will help alleviate that.
I would believe you except you put a pic up in your log. Either I have complete and utter body dysmorphia or you got me beat right now bro 😂

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
I’m in! You have a great starting point already! Looking forward to seeing your results!
Thank you for following along! Please excuse the messy start, work plus coming up to a holiday weekend and my oldest’s (turning 4!) b-day on the fifth……things have been busy.
I’m going to format things in a more coherent and neat manner moving forward

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Have a Awesome fun 4th weekend and birthday party~

and remember.. the real fireworx come from APEX~~
Was about to pull the trigger on a couple more Helios but figured Id ask first….. Is the plus going to be available for purchase anytime coming up or still in a more developmental phase?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Was about to pull the trigger on a couple more Helios but figured Id ask first….. Is the plus going to be available for purchase anytime coming up or still in a more developmental phase?
Very much still in development.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Delayed Update -
Yesterday’s Day 4:

Push workout. Light loads.
No numbers from yesterday as it was more an instinctive, work around training session. I’ve had some pain in both elbows, tendinitis I assume, and it at times causes painful hand tingling. I think it’s a nerve entrapment. I’ve tried a lot of things for relief but to no avail, so on days it’s really flaring I’m no longer thinking it’s a good idea to push through it.

Nutrition - Started of solid. Banana, oats and a shake. Egg whites, 1 whole egg, low carb toast, grapes post workout.
Another shake in the evening.
Then we took my son to his first baseball game, and the kid in me loves concession stand food.
Plus my wife had food vouchers with the free tickets so the hot dog and chips were free.
I didn’t have to proceed to polish off an order of wings and a soft pretzel, but it’s a special occasion.
Surprisingly, I woke up this morning feeling pretty lean, and not feeling any ill effects from that baseball binge eat session.
There are going to be a few occasions this month where I’m going to eat for enjoyment, but I’m good about tapering my calories earlier in the day and throwing in extra cardio sessions.

Today is supposed to be a compound day, but my youngest is teething and I’m going on about 2-3 hours of sleep. If I can squeeze in a nap when he naps its on.. if not it might be a light cardio day as I do not do well on sleep deprivation. My gym is open and I’m not opposed to doing heavy movements tomorrow AM

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Update Time!
I was able to get the necessary sleep and do compounds Saturday. Sunday and Monday, being a holiday and then my kids bday, were semi-rushed but still solid workouts.
Sunday was a cardio based day - elliptical circuit mixed with medicine ball slams, calisthenics, and some light delt raises and curls for the pump.
Monday was a quick push day, still taking it easier than I would like weight wise, but I’ve been paying closer attention to the connection and feeling of the movement so I’m still training in a hypertrophic manner.

I’m not going to lie - my nutrition has been all over the place for the last 2 days.
The 4th I didn’t do too bad at all, until there was a peanut butter cup pudding introduced at dinner.
Yesterday I ate very very lightly…….. and then took my kid to this awesome pizza buffet and had cake.
I was not going to be the guy who diets hard on his 4 year olds birthday.
We did go to the beach earlier in the day, a lot of extra walking, and I got a 45 min lift/cardio session in the morning (quick but effective) so all in all it’s still been pretty balanced.
I’m not looking any “fluffier” for the days off of dieting much, and I’m approaching this week with a renewed vigor. And of course, more consistent updates.
July is a crazy month. In 2 weeks my wife and I have our anniversary. Our youngest turns 1 the next day. My birthday is 3 days after his.
There’s going to be some dietary don’t give a ****’s in those days, so I’m going to increase my cardio in that time frame

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you for following along! Please excuse the messy start, work plus coming up to a holiday weekend and my oldest’s (turning 4!) b-day on the fifth……things have been busy.
I’m going to format things in a more coherent and neat manner moving forward
Nothing to excuse! You’re doing great! Happy birthday to your lil one! Sounds like you guys had a blast! They grow up sooo fast!! How many kids do you have?

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Nothing to excuse! You’re doing great! Happy birthday to your lil one! Sounds like you guys had a blast! They grow up sooo fast!! How many kids do you have?
Thank you very much!
I have a 4 year old and an almost 1 year old (the 21st)….. both boys.
They are exhausting little pain in the butts, but they’re my little pains and I love em. At least today I have the time to really train, stretch, and eat right. Though I’m trying to find the cleanest Po’ Boy steak sandwich recipe I can, my only challenge tonight is modifying that dinner request. Shouldn’t be too hard -
Plant butter, garlic, wheat roll? Low-Cal mozzarella.
I think that should be fine. Dinner will still end up under 700 cals, and I’m only tapering down to 2500 this week

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
If I’m not mistaken, today would mark one week on Flashpoint.
Now that I’ve had time to form an initial impression -
Pros -
1. Transdermal fat loss product. No additions to an already full pill case.
2. Smooth application (like most Apex products)
3. Localized warmth AFTER application. I know it’s very common to feel the initial application, but this is different.

I feel that but there’s a certain “heat” that I feel in that area as I’m working out. Directly in the midsection where it was applied, and nowhere else.
Reading others logs, it seems I am the only one experiencing this. The first time I thought it was placebo. The second time I got to thinking. Now I look forward to it.

It’s like “feeling” something working - even if it’s in your head, placebo, the mind is a very powerful thing. I FEEL like I’m targeting that area with my training more now, due to that localized heat increase when training.

Cons - I think others might be able to smell the oil when I sweat at first in the gym? 🤷‍♂️
That’s the only con so far.

I am enjoying the run, and I’m going to add a “before bed” application into the mix, for a total of 3 per

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you very much!
I have a 4 year old and an almost 1 year old (the 21st)….. both boys.
They are exhausting little pain in the butts, but they’re my little pains and I love em. At least today I have the time to really train, stretch, and eat right. Though I’m trying to find the cleanest Po’ Boy steak sandwich recipe I can, my only challenge tonight is modifying that dinner request. Shouldn’t be too hard -
Plant butter, garlic, wheat roll? Low-Cal mozzarella.
I think that should be fine. Dinner will still end up under 700 cals, and I’m only tapering down to 2500 this week
Yumm! Sounds like you’ve got the calorie manipulation figured out!
I love it! Definitely sounds like you have your hands full! My daughter is 20 and my son is 13…I still can’t seem to wrap my head around how boys think/operate 🤣

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Yumm! Sounds like you’ve got the calorie manipulation figured out!
I love it! Definitely sounds like you have your hands full! My daughter is 20 and my son is 13…I still can’t seem to wrap my head around how boys think/operate 🤣
It’s so cute/sweet that you think boy’s “think” to operate. It’s just a whirlwind of testosterone and chaos 🤣

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s so cute/sweet that you think boy’s “think” to operate. It’s just a whirlwind of testosterone and chaos 🤣
Rofl…that’s very true! All caps on the CHAOS it seems! I’m learning more every day to just let things go!

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 -
Pull day!

my initial thoughts are listed above, after one week of usage, so here’s just a quick update on the day:

Training -
One arm lat pull down - 3 x 10-12
One arm cable row - 3 x 10
One arm dumbbell row - 80 x 12
Straight arm lat pull down with rope - 2 x 15
Band pull aparts - 2 x 15
Rear delt row (db) - 3 x 12
Machine Row - 2 x 10
Concentration Curl - 3 x 12
Cable hammer curl - 3 x 10

Cardio - elliptical circuit with medicine ball slams (first mile in 4.5-5 min, set of slams to each side and in front, then 2 minute interval on the elliptical, repeat for duration)
24 minutes total

Decent training day, still on no/low impact cardio as my Achilles is still acting up, and the tendon that runs under the ankle on the right foot was swelling yesterday after walking on it all day, but no pain.
I’ve been taping them like I used to when I played ball, and icing nightly.

The elbow tendinitis has gotten bad as well, so nothing too heavy and no more weighted pull-ups for awhile (one of my favorite exercises). Thankfully I ordered more Helios on the bogo sale the other day.

Back to clean eating, day thus far has consisted of egg whites, low carb wheat toast, a banana, watermelon, a protein bar, and a lower calorie modified version of a steak Po’ Boy sandwich for dinner, with a simple side of peas cause they’re delicious. I will follow this up with Greek yogurt shortly, mixed with a half serving of Kashi granola and a shake. Will be aiming for around 2450-2500 daily this week, with a taper down continuing next week.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would believe you except you put a pic up in your log. Either I have complete and utter body dysmorphia or you got me beat right now bro 😂
Eh, maybe we both have a little dysmorphia, ha. Check my new pics and you'll see what I meant about more fat. Either way, we're both gonna torch what we have left!

p.s. Concession stand food is also a weakness of mine. Fair food especially. My inner fat kid is alive and well.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Eh, maybe we both have a little dysmorphia, ha. Check my new pics and you'll see what I meant about more fat. Either way, we're both gonna torch what we have left!

p.s. Concession stand food is also a weakness of mine. Fair food especially. My inner fat kid is alive and well.
Yep. Greasy concession food made by underpaid high school kids and pizza. Those are my weaknesses, and when the opportunity presents itself right in my face, I usually indulge. Luckily it’s not too often

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - Leg isolation, Abs, and Cardio Scorcher
I do my squats and deads on Saturday, along with leg press and a couple isolation sets for any lagging parts.
Wednesday’s now, since I’ve had these nagging work around injuries have been kind of nice, where I’m focusing on the mind muscle connection and doing “assistance” work.

Band pull aparts and bodyweight squats to warm up a bit.
Leg press - 7 sets of 10 pyramid up to working sets 6 plates per side for 8 reps, then back down in sets of 10.
Leg extensions 4 x 12
Leg curls 3 x 12

Cable Crunches, heel taps, leg raises done between sets.

Cardio circuit with calisthenics and medicine ball slams - similar format to yesterday -
first mile all out (4:23 on elliptical), one minute moderate, get off and do slams and push-ups, back on for fast half mile, off for slams and body weight squats, repeat in quarter to half mile increments. No rest in between aerobic and anaerobic intervals.

Food has been good but I’m trying to find a snack to that fits with my last meals calories.

pre workout - protein bar and banana, superfood drink with added L-Citrulline
Post workout - Turkey Burger on low carb wheat bun, 2 rice cakes, serving of kashi granola cereal, protein shake
Dinner - one cup pasta with 2 oz shredded chicken breast and no sugar pasta sauce, broccoli on the side.
2nd dinner - chicken and cucumber with lettuce on protein wrap with tbsp of reduced cal ranch.
Greek yogurt, cup of frozen mixed fruit, 2 packets stevia
I have an appetite to fill and a few hundred calories to fit. This is going to be tough. Damn kids and the treats they get at their birthdays.
The hardest thing is not eating the sugar cookies on the counter from the bakery that have been eye f*cking me and vice versa for 3 days now..
I wish he liked Skinny Pop and vegetable trays instead of cake and cookies for his birthday snacks that night. Wouldn’t feel bad about wanting to devour that…..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The hardest thing is not eating the sugar cookies on the counter from the bakery that have been eye f*cking me and vice versa for 3 days now..
I think all desserts do this to me until i give in to the seduction!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol...i know the pain. The first minute of this vid is me at any gathering with baked goods:

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Update time!
Kiddos have been sick, so dad duty took me away from the forum for a day or two, but all is well.
I have been waking up and feeling/looking visibly leaner. My calories haven’t dropped tremendously, nor has any aspect of my workout changed. This is very promising.

Thursday was a push day. Day 9

Incline DB press - 4 x 10
Push press 3x 10-12
Lateral raises - 3 x 10
Smith Bench- 3 x 10
Cable fly - 4 x 12-15
Front raise- 3 x 10
Same cardio circuit I’ve been doing

Yesterday - Pull day
One arm lat pulls - 4x 10
T-bar rows 4 x 10-12
Rear delt rows - 3x 10
Straight arm pull down- 3x10
Machine rows - 2 x 10
Face pulls 3 x 12
Cable hammer curls with rope - 3 x 10-12
Ez bar curls - 2 x 12

cardio - one mile elliptical, 20 med ball slams, set zottman curls. Half mile on elliptical, 15 ball slams, band curls. 10 min HIIT plus cool down on treadmill (testing the Achilles and figuring out why I’m getting random calf pumps running now. It’s an imbalance of sorts for sure)

I had a protein bar and a smoothie during the day. Saved all my calories for the pizza party after my kids soccer game. So worth it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update time!
Kiddos have been sick, so dad duty took me away from the forum for a day or two, but all is well.
I have been waking up and feeling/looking visibly leaner. My calories haven’t dropped tremendously, nor has any aspect of my workout changed. This is very promising.

Thursday was a push day. Day 9

Incline DB press - 4 x 10
Push press 3x 10-12
Lateral raises - 3 x 10
Smith Bench- 3 x 10
Cable fly - 4 x 12-15
Front raise- 3 x 10
Same cardio circuit I’ve been doing

Yesterday - Pull day
One arm lat pulls - 4x 10
T-bar rows 4 x 10-12
Rear delt rows - 3x 10
Straight arm pull down- 3x10
Machine rows - 2 x 10
Face pulls 3 x 12
Cable hammer curls with rope - 3 x 10-12
Ez bar curls - 2 x 12

cardio - one mile elliptical, 20 med ball slams, set zottman curls. Half mile on elliptical, 15 ball slams, band curls. 10 min HIIT plus cool down on treadmill (testing the Achilles and figuring out why I’m getting random calf pumps running now. It’s an imbalance of sorts for sure)

I had a protein bar and a smoothie during the day. Saved all my calories for the pizza party after my kids soccer game. So worth it.
Some pizza sounds pretty good! I've been zoned in watching those barstool pizza reviews! "One bite everybody knows the rules." They're pretty fun to watch.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some pizza sounds pretty good! I've been zoned in watching those barstool pizza reviews! "One bite everybody knows the rules." They're pretty fun to watch.
My hubby loves watching those…then he gets on a kick of trying local places.

@MFTrainz how are the kids?

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
My hubby loves watching those…then he gets on a kick of trying local places.

@MFTrainz how are the kids?
The little one was up all night with the absolute worst cough I’ve ever heard him have. It’s been a tough couple days. Faked me out, got over a fever but got the same cough his brother had. I could really use like 280 hours of sleep.

But alas - UPDATE TIME!
Saturday - Deads and squats went well. Worked up to 405, then put my belt on and pulled a bit more. Back (and all injuries) felt good, wanted to keep it that way, so I kept my squats a bit lighter.
Definitely leaner than at the start, noticeable in the love handle area more than on top of ab inserts. Targeting the biggest stores? I dunno.
Sunday I rested completely and just did stuff around the house. Sick kids mean less sleep means not training as intensely. Can’t recover. End up feeling like you’re hungover when you haven’t had a drink in years lol.

Yesterday was a solid push day, but I did keep the weights a bit lighter and the rep range higher.
I have trapped nerves in my elbow and it sometimes causes super painful tingling in the hand. Ulnar nerve something or other. I need to go see a physical therapist or I was told a chiropractor can sometimes release a nerve….. but it’s extremely uncomfortable in everyday life. Don’t feel it while training as much, but I still don’t think it’s something I need to try to press the heaviest weights with. Time under tension is most important anyways.

Incline dumbbell press -4 x 15
Db lat raises - 3 x 15
DB upright row - 3x 12/10
Cable fly - 3 x 15
Cable press - 3 x 12
Arnold Press - 3 x 12 (pre exhausted)
Overhead cable extensions - 3 x 12
Close grip DB Press - 3 x 12

Meals have been fairly similar to the examples posted earlier. Yesterday is as follows:

Protein bar and banana in the morning -
Hefty servings of egg whites and low carb toast post workout with some Kashi Cereal -
Lemon Garlic Herb chicken on the grill with baked potato and peas on the side for dinner
Smoothie with Kale, Carrots, Spinach, and Frozen fruit for the micros sometime each day
A chicken wrap with cucumber and tomato, 2 servings of skinny pop popcorn, Greek Yogurt with strawberries and stevia. Totaling about 2550 cals.
Next week I’m going to play in the 2400 range

Today is pull day, by the emphasis for me is finding angles that do not irritate that elbow nerve any further. I will likely be adding in extra sets of rear delt flys and straight arm pull downs and do less row variations and general elbow flexing. I’ll keep biceps short and to the point as well.

it sounds kind of cheesy to many I bet, but I think I’m going to start cutting down to 4 days a week heavier training and do 2-3 days a week with a resistance band regimen here when I get a bike trainer or spinner with speed sensor and Zwift. Looks fun, like an interactive game, and will save my joints, and I’ll do some bands for assistance work and ROM routines (plus the pump). Easy enough to store, and I can do it with ease anytime of the day. I have bands and even a sandbag here if I want to do some unbalanced work again. A nice change like that could do the body good.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Update Time!
Yesterday was pull day, still babying the elbows.

one arm lat pull down - 4x12
Seated cable row - 3x10
One arm dumbbell row - 3x10
Straight arm lat pull down- 3x10
Rear delt row - 3x12
Band pull aparts - 3x20
Wide grip pull down- 2x15
Hammer curls - 3x10
Machine Preacher curls - 3x12

still feel tighter and leaner for the most part, a bit faster than I normally would with such a small deficit. I no longer feel the sensation, which was slightly disappointing when I realized that, but to be expected after consistent use.
I do wish I wouldn’t have developed these overuse injuries basically right when I started to do a mini cut phase. I could be leaning out much faster if I could do the type/amount of cardio I enjoy and lift heavier….. but I’m grateful to be training either way. I know I could cut cals harder, but I’m more interested in preserving shape as I slowly trim off the unnecessary fat.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Solid Deal there ^
Update Time!
I’m not going to begin to justify the eating of the last couple days. It wasn’t “bad” regarding the quantity, but there was no care at all on my part regarding counting calories, tracking any macros, etc.
In other words I lived like a normal person for 2 days.
We had a double bday party for the boys since they’re so close in dates - and that had so many appetizers plus pizza catered. And the cake. Oh the cake. So good. I have no regrets.
I never skipped a day of training though so at lady metabolism was primed.
I got and set up the bike with Zwift today, and that is awesome. I don’t think I’ll be running much anymore, just lift 4-5 days at the gym and do most of my cardio here, with a bit of calisthenics mixed in. I think this will be GREAT for my joints.

despite the lackluster diet plan, I’m still not gaining any weight and still feel a bit leaner than I did when I started. I do believe there’s some sort of localized effect here, which I guess is the point of the product so it makes sense. Nice to know that my feelings on it are validated though, looking at others logs and noticing a similar thing….

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking lean my dude. Glad it's having positive effects for you, too.