The Swede's Transformation Log

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sip pre work, turn up radio, and put the window down at all stop lights!!!! Let the people beside you in traffic figure it out at 5am.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sip pre work, turn up radio, and put the window down at all stop lights!!!! Let the people beside you in traffic figure it out at 5am.
Yes brother! There’s this strip between my house and the gym, and it’s always like me as the 1st shift crew and everybody is always cruising like 85 down the highway. I don’t know why that pumps me up, but for some reason blaring metal with the pedal to the metal in the AM gets me amped!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Legs - January 13, 2021

Trap Bar Deadlifts
230 x 6
320 x 2, 2
230 x 6

Leg Press (single leg)
140 x 10, 10, 10

Hack Squat Machine
90 x 12, 12, 12

Standing Calf Machine
180 x 15, 13, 15

Leg Extensions
145 x 15, 15, 15

Lying Leg Curls
100 x 10
95 x 10
90 x 10

Notes: Joined in on a workout with the “big boys” today! Man, they move some serious weight, I tried to hang right out the gate in the trap bar deadlifts by jumping up to 300+ but my form was breaking bad so I dropped back to 230 where it felt better, and my buddy said my form looked spot on at 230. Also tried hack squats for over the first time in a decade... wowza!

Hope everybody has a kickass day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The most important thing is you train hard with them - they will respect that more than you lifting like crap and getting hurt! Smart move to lift within your current means.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you even cook the spam?
Lol! Yes, I usually cook the eggs first, then toss in the spam and cook that while I munch on the eggs. This photo is literally right after I tossed the spam in the skillet.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just got caught up on this. I haven’t listened to Fear Factory in years. I’m in!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0095.JPG

Late start today! It’s the wifey’s birthday so we headed in together! Hitting my boulders!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders – January 14, 2021 (Backdated Post)

Seated Overhead Barbell Press
135 x 8, 8, 6

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press
40 x 15
45 x 12
50 x10

Reverse Fly Machine
115 x 11, 8
100 x 8, 8

Lateral Raises
30 x 6
25 x 12
20 x12
15 x 10
10 x15

Barbell Shrug
135 x 12
155 x 11
175 x 10
195 x 8

Front Raises (Dumbbell)
25 x 12, 12, 12

Seated Calf Raises
140 x 12, 12, 12

Standing Calf Raises
Bodyweight x 25, 25, 25

Dumbbell Shrugs
70 x 15, 13, 10

Notes: Was the wifey's birthday so we tried to sleep in a bit and then go to the gym together. The kids love the daycare at the gym, in fact they have little fitness classes for the kids where they dance and do yoga and other fun stuff. Wifey hit one of her classes and I started slamming shoulders.

This workout is definitely a little unorthodox, but I kind of wanted to slam my shoulders into a new plane of growth so that's why I did both barbell and dumbbell presses, and I kind of worked the rack on the laterals. Funny, after :60 seconds of rest after each set, by the time I got to 10 lbs on laterals my shoulders were on fire. Also, threw in some extra calf work because I didn't get to that on my last leg day.

Also, and this is a kinda big update, but I totally trashed my diet last night. We went out on the town and I was going to have a whiskey, well then I had two big 20 oz Guiness. And that let to a bite or two of her cheesecake. So yeah, there's that. But she had a blast and so did I, so I have to say it was worth because we don't get out much and she deserves every ounce of the fun we had and the crap we ate. We are headed back to the gym here in a few, will work extra hard and focus on eating really clean and hydrating today.

Last edited:
theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just got done with bis and tris, dropped wifey at her moms house so they could chill together a bit. Me and the girls went to Salsarita’s and hit up a good ole keto bowl: steak, qeuso, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream and jalapeños.

IMG_0096.JPG

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you’re gonna cheat, doing it with the family is the best way to go! You get one life, and moments together with your special people are worth a lot more than just eating Oreos by yourself arbitrarily.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't forget to work in a rest day, dont wanna get burned out. I know how it is getting back into it after a lay off you just wanna lift lift lift but that rest day is just as good.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you’re gonna cheat, doing it with the family is the best way to go! You get one life, and moments together with your special people are worth a lot more than just eating Oreos by yourself arbitrarily.
So true man! I remember back in the day with previous women, if I was too strict on a date night or something, they would seem disappointed that I wasn’t letting “my hair down” with them. I mean it’s not like I was competing or anything. But last night I could tell that she was just having so much fun. That made me really happy.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't forget to work in a rest day, dont wanna get burned out. I know how it is getting back into it after a lay off you just wanna lift lift lift but that rest day is just as good.
So true man! I was just thinking that today as my arm workout today wasn’t as awesome as I’d expected it to be. I am thinking I’ll take the next two days off to be honest. I mean, dad life will no doubt find me sprinting down the street to chase my 2-year-old or something, but I do not want to burn out like you mentioned.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bis and Tris – January 15, 2021

Barbell Curls
70 x 13, 11, 12, 9
Superset w/
Skull Krushers
70 x 15, 11, 9, 8

Seated Dumbbell Curls
30 x 8, 10, 10, 10
Superset w/
Seated Overhead Triceps Extension (Single Arm)
30 x 12, 15, 15, 15

Preacher Curl Machine
55 x 15
60 x 10
55 x 11, 10
Superset w/
Triceps Extension (V-Bar)
65 x 15
70 x 15, 12, 10

Notes: I had planned on during more but I was very pumped and tired by the time I was finished with the above. The supersetting was fun, but painful (in a good way) as I really focused on the contraction. Like @BOSSMAN had mentioned earlier above, my wife and I looked at each other in the car and commented that this was the first workout in the past couple of weeks that just didn't seem like total magic. Sounds like some good sleep and a rest day or two are in order. Also, we scheduled our next bodyscans for Feb. 4. That'll put us right at 35 days since the first scan so it will be cool to see if there are changes with bodyweight, bodyfat and measurements (hopefully smaller waist and bigger bis and thighs!)

Y'all have a good weekend!

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just letting you know I've been following. If I missed it remind me, what are your goal? I'm kinda assuming your cutting right? Trest can be used in a cut but it really shines and is mostly used in a bulk. I am pretty experiences with it. You are using 30mg a day, that should be good enough for you I'd guess. 50mg per day is kind of what I would recommend the most, but that's for people a bit more advanced. It's not really a beginner drug.

I think your shoulders are strong, I'd expect your bench to be higher. It's all good though. I'm not a strength guy myself , just bodybuilding and looks.

I wish you luck let me know if you want any trestolone tips, like I said I've used it quite a bit.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just letting you know I've been following. If I missed it remind me, what are your goal? I'm kinda assuming your cutting right? Trest can be used in a cut but it really shines and is mostly used in a bulk. I am pretty experiences with it. You are using 30mg a day, that should be good enough for you I'd guess. 50mg per day is kind of what I would recommend the most, but that's for people a bit more advanced. It's not really a beginner drug.

I think your shoulders are strong, I'd expect your bench to be higher. It's all good though. I'm not a strength guy myself , just bodybuilding and looks.

I wish you luck let me know if you want any trestolone tips, like I said I've used it quite a bit.
Yes sir, cutting! And I appreciate the advice on Trest being better for bulking. Believe me I wish I was bulking but I’ve got to get done to sub 15% before I think about that again.

Thanks for the props on the shoulders. And yeah, my bench has always been huge. But for some reason, 2020 has changed that. I was repping 225 for 4 sets of 12 last January, none of that bouncey off the chesty **** either, controlled reps, full range of motion. That last time I maxed was right before corona, 365. But looking at my pics I took a few weeks back, I feel like I lost a lot of mass in my chest. Very strange as 185 seems to take everything out of me now.

I’ll hit you up as I think of more Trest related questions. Thanks man!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, Swede, you’re looking great!!!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Legs - Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 8:42 AM

Leg Press
Set 1: 140 lb × 6
Set 2: 140 lb × 12
Set 3: 140 lb × 12
Set 4: 140 lb × 12

Standing Calf Raise (Machine)
Set 1: 180 lb × 15
Set 2: 190 lb × 13
Set 3: 190 lb × 14

Lying Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 100 lb × 10
Set 2: 100 lb × 10
Set 3: 100 lb × 7

Hack Squat
Set 1: 90 lb × 15
Set 2: 90 lb × 15
Set 3: 90 lb × 15

Leg Extension (Machine)
Set 1: 160 lb × 15
Set 2: 160 lb × 15
Set 3: 160 lb × 15

Seated Calf Raise (Plate Loaded)
Set 1: 160 lb × 12
Set 2: 160 lb × 12
Set 3: 160 lb × 12

Notes: legs keep getting stronger by the day. Feeling real groovy and pumped, but man, those hack squats are tough!

Definitely ready for a rest day tomorrow though!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0001.JPG

Always love asking the Starbucks girls if I can have a “tall blonde.” Lol

Enjoying my first cup of coffee in a few weeks, fasting today until 1 pm or so. It’s cold as hell here, going to take the wifey to church and break fast at our favorite restaurant, probably get a big ole ribeye.

And it’s definitely a rest day today! Y’all have a good day!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Chest and Tris - Monday, January 18, 2021 at 9:46 AM

Bench Press (Barbell)
Set 1: 225 lb × 8
Set 2: 225 lb × 7
Set 3: 225 lb × 6

Incline Bench Press (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 50 lb × 11
Set 2: 50 lb × 11
Set 3: 50 lb × 11

Decline Bench Press (Barbell)
Set 1: 185 lb × 10
Set 2: 185 lb × 8
Set 3: 185 lb × 6

Chest Fly (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 25 lb × 10
Set 2: 25 lb × 8
Set 3: 25 lb × 10

Chest Dip (Bodyweight)
Set 1: 12 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 10 reps

Triceps Extension (V-Bar Handle)
Set 1: 70 lb × 12
Set 2: 70 lb × 10
Set 3: 70 lb × 9

Triceps Extension (Single Arm, reverse grip)
Set 1: 25 lb × 9
Set 2: 25 lb × 7
Set 3: 20 lb × 9
Set 4: 20 lb × 9

Cable Crossover
Set 1: 25 lb × 10
Set 2: 25 lb × 9
Set 3: 25 lb × 7

Notes: Felt strong AF today! And I’m sick and tired of jacking around with 185 on bench so I slapped on four plates and it felt surprisingly good! The dumbbell flyes felt good too, haven’t done those in a few years. Really felt solid and pumped today, the triceps push downs (both v-bar and then single arm, reverse grip) felt really good too... could see my triceps bulging under my shirt and that was cool!

Gotta move a bunch of furniture today so I’ll be on my feet a lot! Have a good day everybody!

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea you've upped the bench a good amount. I did sets of 140lbs last workout but hey I'm not complaining haha

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea you've upped the bench a good amount. I did sets of 140lbs last workout but hey I'm not complaining haha
Nice dude! What kind of grip do you bench with? Wide, middle, narrow? It’s something I’m playing around with lately, trying to figure out what works best for my shoulders. No pain or anything, I just try to lower the bar to my chest and let it rest for a half second to a second and then explode up.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice dude! What kind of grip do you bench with? Wide, middle, narrow? It’s something I’m playing around with lately, trying to figure out what works best for my shoulders. No pain or anything, I just try to lower the bar to my chest and let it rest for a half second to a second and then explode up.
I use a much more narrow grip than most. It protects the shoulders more and builds the triceps greatly. But it's what your comfortable with .

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A good rule to start is to get your wrists over your elbows and then adjust from there based on comfort/preference.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0240.JPG

Sipping my pre while my truck warms up and this song comes on! Bring it!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Back, Bis - Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 5:04 AM

Lat Pulldown (Cable)
Set 1: 60 lb × 15
Set 2: 70 lb × 12
Set 3: 70 lb × 12
Set 4: 70 lb × 9

Notes: Wide Neutral Grip

Lat Pulldown (Cable)
Set 1: 60 lb × 12
Set 2: 60 lb × 12
Set 3: 60 lb × 9
Set 4: 60 lb × 10

Notes: Close Neutral Grip

Hammer Strength High Row
Set 1: 80 lb × 10
Set 2: 80 lb × 6
Set 3: 70 lb × 10
Set 4: 70 lb × 10

Hammer Strength Mid Row
Set 1: 60 lb × 9
Set 2: 60 lb × 8
Set 3: 50 lb × 11
Set 4: 50 lb × 9

Back Extension
Set 1: 10 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 10 reps
Set 4: 10 reps

Seated Row (Cable)
Set 1: 120 lb × 15
Set 2: 140 lb × 9
Set 3: 140 lb × 7
Set 4: 120 lb × 1012

Preacher Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 55 lb × 15
Set 2: 55 lb × 11
Set 3: 55 lb × 10

Notes: Felt really strong at the beginning of the workout and was moving up in weight. But I really fizzled towards the tail end of the workout, ended up bailing on some curls and shrugs as I’m gassed. Maybe because I slept 4 hours, I don’t know. Gonna go home and eat and maybe take a short nap.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unless my timestamps are messed up you train super early in the morning. Lack of sleep sucks , luckily lately I've been sleeping pretty decent.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unless my timestamps are messed up you train super early in the morning. Lack of sleep sucks , luckily lately I've been sleeping pretty decent.
Usually at the gym by 0545. But today, was basically up at 0200 and couldn’t go back to sleep.

Now I’m dragging ass, feel like a bag of smashed assholes.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ended up messing around with my grippers again today. Guess I’m bored as hell at work.

Guide (60 lbs) x 5,10,15
Sport (80lbs) x 5,10,15
Trainer (100 lbs) x 5,10,15
.5 (120 lbs) x 5,10,15
#1 (140 lbs) x 5,5,5

And now the veins are really popping. I know I’m being douchey here but I love seeing these veins as they’ve been dormant for years!

IMG_0253.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Next time you try the periWO carbs try saving some to eat through the session. Like 20-25g as you are driving to the gym and the other 15-20g actually intra. I have found fast carbs pre and no intra is much worse than nothing at all because of the spike then crash. You need to be able to maintain the blood sugar increase for it to be truly helpful.

Speaking from tons of experimentation with myself here. Ration it so it’s steady and doesn’t fizzle out on you.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Next time you try the periWO carbs try saving some to eat through the session. Like 20-25g as you are driving to the gym and the other 15-20g actually intra. I have found fast carbs pre and no intra is much worse than nothing at all because of the spike then crash. You need to be able to maintain the blood sugar increase for it to be truly helpful.

Speaking from tons of experimentation with myself here. Ration it so it’s steady and doesn’t fizzle out on you.
That makes perfect sense @Hyde! Because I'm came out the gate swinging, but halfway through I fizzled out and felt weak. It was weird, and I think you're making perfect sense because I haven't had candy like that in weeks so I probably crashed like a plane with brick wings once the sugar stopped spiking.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

One last question @Hyde - so does this mean I need to supplement with 6-12 sour patch kids every hour?

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0004.JPG

Tempted just to load it up to 50 units (50mg) and make this a real run! YOLO!

But I didn’t. Slow and steady wins the race.

Last edited:
theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
General Update: Just finished 30 minutes of cardio with the wifey, like real cardio on a elliptical at the gym. Taking a shower now, hoping for more cardio in a minute. Feeling good despite lack of sleep last night. Ready for legs tomorrow!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2 AM workouts?! Oof. No wonder you're dragging... 6 AMs over here.