The Official "Stablon is a smart drug" thread

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi everyone, hoping someone can give some feedback in here. I've been taking tianeptine off and on for years, to fight off stress/anxiety/depression during extremely stressful moments of my life, and also use it off and on as a nootropic. It literally makes me sharp as a ginsu blade, at least it used to.

About a month ago, I finished a round of tianeptine sodium. I typically take a month off for every 2-3 months on, to ensure it continues to work effectively for me. Well this time I switched back to tianeptine sulfate, which is what I normally use. I ordered sodium by mistake last time. I try not to order the sodium version since it's easier to abuse. Anyhow, I took my regular dose of the sulfate version, and it made me tired as heck, and made me feel very spacey, for hours. This reaction typically never happened for me in the past, and I've been using it off and on for 10 years. Again today, I took a larger dose, which typically becomes very stimulating, but had the same reaction... tired... spacey... dull..... when I typically have the opposite reaction.

Any ideas? Hoping to get some feedback in here from individuals with experience. TIA

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My first guess is.... too much dopamine in my system

Standup

Banned
Awards
Hi everyone, hoping someone can give some feedback in here. I've been taking tianeptine off and on for years, to fight off stress/anxiety/depression during extremely stressful moments of my life, and also use it off and on as a nootropic. It literally makes me sharp as a ginsu blade, at least it used to.

About a month ago, I finished a round of tianeptine sodium. I typically take a month off for every 2-3 months on, to ensure it continues to work effectively for me. Well this time I switched back to tianeptine sulfate, which is what I normally use. I ordered sodium by mistake last time. I try not to order the sodium version since it's easier to abuse. Anyhow, I took my regular dose of the sulfate version, and it made me tired as heck, and made me feel very spacey, for hours. This reaction typically never happened for me in the past, and I've been using it off and on for 10 years. Again today, I took a larger dose, which typically becomes very stimulating, but had the same reaction... tired... spacey... dull..... when I typically have the opposite reaction.

Any ideas? Hoping to get some feedback in here from individuals with experience. TIA
sulfate has a much longer half life so probably giving you more of a stronger opioid like effect. Same dose as the sodium?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sulfate has a much longer half life so probably giving you more of a stronger opioid like effect. Same dose as the sodium?
It was a fairly large acute dose, like around 3-400mg (which I've done with sodium as well, with similar stimulating effects). I used to mega dose sulfate though for strongly improved cognition and nootropic effects in the past, and it's never had this effect on me. In the past I've done up to 300mg, twice a day, during times when I needed an extremely enhanced productivity/cognitive boost. Not recommending this to anyone or saying it's healthy, but it's always been a strong performance enhancer for me when used like this.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've just tried a 200mg dose with caffeine and this is much better, more of what I'm used to. Perhaps I'm more sensitive to it now, or maybe my natural dopamine levels are already super high due to being on test right now, and due to using deprenyl in the month I was not using tianeptine.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did a bit of research – the MAO-B inhibitor I was taking in my month off of tianeptine has increased my dopamine (D2 receptor) sensitivity.

Standup

Banned
Awards
It was a fairly large acute dose, like around 3-400mg (which I've done with sodium as well, with similar stimulating effects). I used to mega dose sulfate though for strongly improved cognition and nootropic effects in the past, and it's never had this effect on me. In the past I've done up to 300mg, twice a day, during times when I needed an extremely enhanced productivity/cognitive boost. Not recommending this to anyone or saying it's healthy, but it's always been a strong performance enhancer for me when used like this.
Umm....that's a very high dose. But hey if it works without shutting down your lungs or causing dissociation go for it.

Standup

Banned
Awards
Did a bit of research – the MAO-B inhibitor I was taking in my month off of tianeptine has increased my dopamine (D2 receptor) sensitivity.
How much dep? Are you taking any other dopamine acting chems?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Umm....that's a very high dose. But hey if it works without shutting down your lungs or causing dissociation go for it.
It's only an accute dose, meaning I don't dose like that daily. Those accute doses are for days when I need the extra productivity without heightened anxiety that comes with stimulants. I only do this on special occasions.

When I do runs of tianeptine, my daily dosing is about 125mg. 75mg sulfate in AM and 50mg in afternoon.

I've had about 10yrs experience with tianeptine so far. Usually only use it less than half the year, more often in the winter months.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much dep? Are you taking any other dopamine acting chems?
2.5mg deprenyl 2-3x per week. This was the first time I've tried using it in my off time. A couple times in that month, I used a bit of caber with the deprenyl, pre-sex, with a small dose of phenibut (250mg), for multiple orgasms. Phenibut is something that I definitely do not mix with tianeptine. There have been adverse reactions with that combo.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if it works without shutting down your lungs
I had to do some research after I saw this comment, because it was the first I've heard about tianeptine being potentially harmful for lungs.

My research has only turned up info stating that:

Patients administered tianeptine showed a major increase in lung function
and tianpetine has shown to be an effective treatment of asthma

https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(15)31819-5/fulltext

This drug, a serotonin (5-HT) uptake enhancer, triggers absolute and total disappearance of asthma attacks within 30 to 60 min after oral intake.

Up to the present, we have successfully treated some 20,000 severe asthmatic (children and adults) with this drug, without failures.2 Even more, at the present time we outlined a national program, addressed to eradicate this disease from our country. With respect to the above, we have published many scientific articles dealing with the pathophysiologic mechanisms involved in the infallibility of this therapeutic manipulation.

Standup

Banned
Awards
I had to do some research after I saw this comment, because it was the first I've heard about tianeptine being potentially harmful for lungs.

My research has only turned up info stating that:

and tianpetine has shown to be an effective treatment of asthma

https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(15)31819-5/fulltext
In clinically studied doses however it is an opioid and in high enough doses (say higher than every studied) respiratory depression can and will happen.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In clinically studied doses however it is an opioid and in high enough doses (say higher than every studied) respiratory depression can and will happen.
I see. Well that does makes sense. I suppose I’ve never seen it as a respirator suppressor because it’s mostly always acted as a stimulant for me.

Standup

Banned
Awards
I see. Well that does makes sense. I suppose I’ve never seen it as a respirator suppressor because it’s mostly always acted as a stimulant for me.
It's something I bear in mind when taking higher than studied doses at the least when combined with any other like alcohol, benzos, kava, phenibut, etc.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone still using tianeptine? Ceretropic is gone; any other trusted brands out there?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone still using tianeptine? Ceretropic is gone; any other trusted brands out there?
Newmind still carries it but you need an approved account (which people online have commented isn't too difficult to achieve with a little research on the questions they ask).

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Newmind still carries it but you need an approved account (which people online have commented isn't too difficult to achieve with a little research on the questions they ask).
Yeah, I started that process but didn’t like all the questions they were asking lol.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I started that process but didn’t like all the questions they were asking lol.
I'm trying to setup an account there now, and they want you to upload a copy of your passport/ID! Don't know if I like that, don't want my identity stolen.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying to setup an account there now, and they want you to upload a copy of your passport/ID! Don't know if I like that, don't want my identity stolen.
Didn't realize that was part of the approval process. Yeah, I'd never send them that information.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was ok with the questions, standard research-only type stuff, but couldn't get past the ID upload thing. Problem is, Bitcoin requires the same thing to purchase coins (have to scan and upload your ID), and most of these sites use bitcoin as their main payment option too.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone know of any interactions with tianeptine to watch out for with the normal stuff we take around these forums? I’m surprised to see it in formulas with harder stimulants first of all, but of all the adaptogens, fat burners, etc, other then real antidepressants and MAOIs, anyone have any thoughts?

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone know of any interactions with tianeptine to watch out for with the normal stuff we take around these forums? I’m surprised to see it in formulas with harder stimulants first of all, but of all the adaptogens, fat burners, etc, other then real antidepressants and MAOIs, anyone have any thoughts?
I think as long as you avoid alcohol, kratom, opioids you're okay. I read high doses could shut your lungs down so no downers. Tried it once with phenibut and my breathing was not okay for awhile.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think as long as you avoid alcohol, kratom, opioids you're okay. I read high doses could shut your lungs down so no downers. Tried it once with phenibut and my breathing was not okay for awhile.
Yup exactly, not recommended with Phenibut at all, someone has died with this combination (was a somewhat high dose though). A small dose of 250mg of phenibut however is fine in my experience. No negative effects on breathing. Some people take 1-2g of phenibut though to sleep, and that's where there's problems with this combination.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the longterm, I also wouldn't combine tianeptine with things that highly elevate dopamine as there is risk for triggering dissociation and psychosis over time (in those who are susceptible).

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yup exactly, not recommended with Phenibut at all, someone has died with this combination (was a somewhat high dose though). A small dose of 250mg of phenibut however is fine in my experience. No negative effects on breathing. Some people take 1-2g of phenibut though to sleep, and that's where there's problems with this combination.
Isn’t Tianeptine a mild bronchodilator? I have a mild case of asthma and when I was first experimenting (at slightly higher doses) with Tianeptine I felt like my lungs were wide open and functioning really well.

I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe Tianeptine is a respiratory depressant.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn’t Tianeptine a mild bronchodilator? I have a mild case of asthma and when I was first experimenting (at slightly higher doses) with Tianeptine I felt like my lungs were wide open and functioning really well.

I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe Tianeptine is a respiratory depressant.
It is a bronchodilator, in standard doses. But in very high acute doses, there can be more opiate like effects, even though it can be very stimulating. I've found in higher doses, it can go one way or the other, feels more like an opiate, or like a very stimulating dopaminergic.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should clarify, the individual who died from tianeptine + phenibut useage was also using marijuana at the time. Something to be careful of, because these are all fairly common things that people use. I was surprised at how many people I know IRL who use tianeptine from time to time.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah there's where I ran into an issue. 50 mg or higher of tia with over 500 mg of phenibut.

Umm who died?

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I think it's AMPA effects helps with breathing but at high enough doses the opioid effects shutdown the lungs. Battle of the receptors.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah there's where I ran into an issue. 50 mg or higher of tia with over 500 mg of phenibut.

Umm who died?
Can't recall offhand. Found the info on reddit in either the Phenibut or TIA subreddit when researching interactions. I'm subscribed to both.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can't recall offhand. Found the info on reddit in either the Phenibut or TIA subreddit when researching interactions. I'm subscribed to both.
I looked into this and all I found was some kid who bought the bulk powder and overdosed on it. Looks like up to 50 mg a day is pretty safe though in a 12 week study so I'm not as worried. Tks for mentioning this it makes me feel alittle safer taking higher doses.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked into this and all I found was some kid who bought the bulk powder and overdosed on it. Looks like up to 50 mg a day is pretty safe though in a 12 week study so I'm not as worried. Tks for mentioning this it makes me feel alittle safer taking higher doses.
I’m having a hard time finding tianeptine without having to use bitcoin (which I hate). So frustrating. You have any decent sources? I miss being able to get caps from nootropics depot.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I’m having a hard time finding tianeptine without having to use bitcoin (which I hate). So frustrating. You have any decent sources? I miss being able to get caps from nootropics depot.
I just ordered some caps but I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment. I tried Zach attack's in the past and Tianeptine Supply in my post above it worked great. They take all kinds of payments. No offense but bitcoin is pretty easy once you set it up. Srs it takes like a few minutes.

Last edited:
Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered some caps but I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment. I tried Zach attack's in the past and Tianeptine Supply in my post above it worked great. They take all kinds of payments. No offense but bitcoin is pretty easy once you set it up. Srs it takes like a few minutes.
I cleared out Zach’s last stock and he won’t carry it anymore. I tried bitcoin and my transactions kept timing out. I guess I need to spend time setting up a wallet far prior to my transactions.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I cleared out Zach’s last stock and he won’t carry it anymore. I tried bitcoin and my transactions kept timing out. I guess I need to spend time setting up a wallet far prior to my transactions.
Just use cashapp it's easy and you only need a bank card.