The official ask me anything thread

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha ha here is something from an old timer who misses this ingredient very much, most young people on this board prob. never heard of it but back in the day...it was all that

1) Will we ever see 1R,2S norephedrine again?
Nope that was banned a LONG time ago

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope that was banned a LONG time ago
Oh I know....I was hoping for a false sense of "maybe". I used to use it in Syntrax Adipokinetix....the one supplement/ingredient I wish would come back.

Just bring that & dendrobium back and I'll be happy.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No clue why apple is taking so long. If its not up by this week, I'll just link to a sound cloud page. I'm also going to do an episode on nootropics, and possibly one on workout programs with a friend of mine featuring in it

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No clue why apple is taking so long. If its not up by this week, I'll just link to a sound cloud page. I'm also going to do an episode on nootropics, and possibly one on workout programs with a friend of mine featuring in it
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/doctor-olympus-series-part-1/id1195370445?i=1000379973633&mt=2

As I said before, the first one is short (under 13 minutes), but its to get it into the podcast store, etc. The other ones will be longer and more detailed. I'm going to do a podcast exclusively on libido in between podcast 1 and 2 since people were interested in that as well (it doesn't really fit the themes of the other podcasts). My next few podcasts will be on natural supplements, keto and other diets, training programs, nootropics, and a collection of questions people may have. I think what I'll do is a Q&A after each podcast based on forum questions :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/doctor-olympus-series-part-1/id1195370445?i=1000379973633&mt=2

As I said before, the first one is short (under 13 minutes), but its to get it into the podcast store, etc. The other ones will be longer and more detailed. I'm going to do a podcast exclusively on libido in between podcast 1 and 2 since people were interested in that as well (it doesn't really fit the themes of the other podcasts). My next few podcasts will be on natural supplements, keto and other diets, training programs, nootropics, and a collection of questions people may have. I think what I'll do is a Q&A after each podcast based on forum questions :)
Nice!

Am I the only one who thinks you missed a chance to call yourself "Doctor Zeus," just because of how close it sounds to Doctor Seuss?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice!

Am I the only one who thinks you missed a chance to call yourself "Doctor Zeus," just because of how close it sounds to Doctor Seuss?
Haha I thought about Doctor Zeus but figured doctor olympus is better for branding purposes. I could change it if popular consensus is that!

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will be listening to podcast on Monday! Can't wait!

Question for this thread or next podcast... What's your personal ideal pre workout mix?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do I have to install Apple music via Android to listen?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh I know....I was hoping for a false sense of "maybe". I used to use it in Syntrax Adipokinetix....the one supplement/ingredient I wish would come back.

Just bring that & dendrobium back and I'll be happy.
Isn't the latter still legal and available in supplements?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will be listening to podcast on Monday! Can't wait!

Question for this thread or next podcast... What's your personal ideal pre workout mix?
I'll be sure to cover this in my next podcast as well, but I personally always use the following:

Citrulline, nitrates, agmatine, taurine, and cdp choline. I sometimes add other ingredients but those are my stack ingredients (besides of course creatine).

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
nice podcast to listen to before work

good job bro

will you be posting it in here every time you upload? or should i just sign up for a soundcloud account?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice podcast to listen to before work

good job bro

will you be posting it in here every time you upload? or should i just sign up for a soundcloud account?
I'll be uploading a new podcast every week or so for the next few weeks, so I'll keep posting links in here. If you have itunes, you can subscribe to make sure you don't miss one! Also thanks man

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have Podcast Addict on Android and was able to subscribe through there.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Will be listening to this in just a bit, morning meetings since 7:30 today messing with my supplement time :(

johnsar

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Excuse my ignorance....I just read this prior to reading your post on PWO. Is the below wrong?

Are there any supplements agmatine shouldn’t be combined with?

There is research indicating that l-arginine, l-citrulline, yohimbine, D-aspartic acid and creatine may hinder agmatine absorption or effectiveness. For this reason it’s recommend that you avoid taking agmatine at the same time as these other supplements.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excuse my ignorance....I just read this prior to reading your post on PWO. Is the below wrong?

There is research indicating that l-arginine, l-citrulline, yohimbine, D-aspartic acid and creatine may hinder agmatine absorption or effectiveness. For this reason it’s recommend that you avoid taking agmatine at the same time as these other supplements.
citrulline is combined with agmatine all the time...where is this evidence showing they shouldn't be combined?

johnsar

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Dont shoot the messenger. I have no idea. But Ive seen it on 2 different websites now

Does Not Go Well With

L-Arginine and L-Citrulline (for some neurological effects; cardiovascular interactions not well elucidated)

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thought you were Canadian? yet no accent, mention of Tim Hortons, or hockey so now suspicious.

BTW nice intro in this podcast series, will be following along

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
citrulline is combined with agmatine all the time...where is this evidence showing they shouldn't be combined?
Examine:

Does Not Go Well With

L-Arginine and L-Citrulline (for some neurological effects; cardiovascular interactions not well elucidated)

Yohimbine and Rauwolscine (Agmatine activates the α2A receptor that these inhibit)

D-Aspartic Acid due to reducing signalling via the NMDA receptors

Alcohol coingestion (may increase ulceration from alcohol)

Creatine (on the assumption that creatine positively influences NMDA signalling, agmatine works in the opposite manner at the same site; they should not be antagonstic for muscle growth or nitric oxide boosting)
Found the bolded interesting.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Examine:

Does Not Go Well With

Yohimbine and Rauwolscine (Agmatine activates the α2A receptor that these inhibit)

D-Aspartic Acid due to reducing signalling via the NMDA receptors

Alcohol coingestion (may increase ulceration from alcohol)

Creatine (on the assumption that creatine positively influences NMDA signalling, agmatine works in the opposite manner at the same site; they should not be antagonstic for muscle growth or nitric oxide boosting)

WawaCoffee

WawaCoffee

Awards
I'm very interested in trying IGNIT3, but I would like some more clarification as to whether Eria Jarensis and J. Regia. are safe for daily consumption. I typically train 5-6 days a week. I know that both of these ingredients provide a temporary euphoric sense of well-being, but I would prefer to not feel depressed after training. I've done some research (mostly looking for published studies), but was unable to find anything.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoyed the podcast Synapsin. Look forward to the next one on natural supplements. Is this geared towards overall health or fitness related?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First podcast was cool. I'm very interested in the next one, hopefully I can figure out how to get subscribed to iTunes on my phone. Its good knowing the information is coming from a solid source as well.

One quick question, are you natural yourself or do you run cycles or blast and cruise? I'm not sure if you're able to answer that with your affiliations with companies ��

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Synapsin thanks for taking the time do this

Im interested in injury prevention/correction and treatment maybe something you can give your take on

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
One quick question, are you natural yourself or do you run cycles or blast and cruise?
Unless it's Doctor prescribed TRT, I wouldn't recommend putting in writing, illegal activity :D (Not sure what country he is in though, and their laws).

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Unless it's Doctor prescribed TRT, I wouldn't recommend putting in writing, illegal activity :D (Not sure what country he is in though, and their laws).
**** that. eat clen and tren hard brah

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol you are correct sir...I want the "good" version
I figured :p

I actually discussed this topic years ago, and it's a layman's mistake to say that. There are tons of different gates mediated by different ions at these sites and they do not interact. I can discuss this in detail, I actually discussed it years ago when MAN sports combined agmatine with daa.

Thought you were Canadian? yet no accent, mention of Tim Hortons, or hockey so now suspicious.

BTW nice intro in this podcast series, will be following along
Thanks man!

Examine:

I'll go over this in detail as well

I'm very interested in trying IGNIT3, but I would like some more clarification as to whether Eria Jarensis and J. Regia. are safe for daily consumption. I typically train 5-6 days a week. I know that both of these ingredients provide a temporary euphoric sense of well-being, but I would prefer to not feel depressed after training. I've done some research (mostly looking for published studies), but was unable to find anything.
I can discuss this for sure, but they are safe. You shouldn't be feeling depressed after training, is that currently happening?

Enjoyed the podcast Synapsin. Look forward to the next one on natural supplements. Is this geared towards overall health or fitness related?
Fitness. I will do overall health later

First podcast was cool. I'm very interested in the next one, hopefully I can figure out how to get subscribed to iTunes on my phone. Its good knowing the information is coming from a solid source as well.
Thanks man

Synapsin thanks for taking the time do this

Im interested in injury prevention/correction and treatment maybe something you can give your take on
I think I'll incorporate a section on this during my workout program podcast!

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which is superior to include intra workout... Leucine, HICA, BCAAs or EAAs?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which is superior to include intra workout... Leucine, HICA, BCAAs or EAAs?
EAAs + leucine intraworkout. There is a growing body on work on that topic. Just plain BCAAs doesn't do much intraworkout, and HICA is too untested IMO. I like the ingredient but its strange it hasn't had a follow up study since the one that made it popular.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ratio of BCAAS?
2:1:1 to 10:1:1?

Thoughts? Was this covered? Sorry if it was.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
If you click on the SoundCloud link in one of the quoted posts above you can listen to it. That's how I got to it. Not trying to download iTunes into my phone. (Android)
Synapsin feel special, you popped my podcast cherry ;)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Not trying to download iTunes into my phone. (Android)

Synapsin feel special, you popped my podcast cherry ;)
I use BeyondPod on Android and it was available through it. It's pay, but I'm sure there's a free Podcatcher for Android.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
EAAs + leucine intraworkout. There is a growing body on work on that topic. Just plain BCAAs doesn't do much intraworkout, and HICA is too untested IMO. I like the ingredient but its strange it hasn't had a follow up study since the one that made it popular.
How does PeptoPro rate in this comparison.

boatnerj

Awards
would increasing NO production via any of these pump ingredients lead to delayed gastrointestinal transit? NO seems to be the main inhibitory/relaxing neurotransmitter in the GI tract, and theoretically at least it would seem like it would do so. I am prone to slow transit as it is and trying to figure out what may make things worse.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use BeyondPod on Android and it was available through it. It's pay, but I'm sure there's a free Podcatcher for Android.
The one I mentioned before (Podcast Addict) is free. Or at least it was free when I got it, because I definitely didn't pay for it.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
If it's not too late for the podcast, what are your thoughts on Peak O2?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ETA on next podcast?

Also since the recent dust up about BCAAs not being the best for intra workout, what would be "best" intra workout for your typical 50-90 minute lifting session!

Top 5
EAA
Leucine
Carbs (HBCD)
????

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ETA on next podcast?

Also since the recent dust up about BCAAs not being the best for intra workout, what would be "best" intra workout for your typical 50-90 minute lifting session!

Top 5
EAA
Leucine
Carbs (HBCD)
????
Sorry, should be this week. I've been super busy at work and some stuff in my personal life but everything will be right on track this week :)

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, should be this week. I've been super busy at work and some stuff in my personal life but everything will be right on track this week :)
No need to ever be sorry! You're doing a great service for all of us and providing free content! Not hurrying you by any means, just thirsting for more knowledge!

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to ever be sorry! You're doing a great service for all of us and providing free content! Not hurrying you by any means, just thirsting for more knowledge!
Agree with this. No rush but we're all ready for the next one

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Synopsis
What's your opinion on nicotine for cognitive benefits? 1 to 2 mg a day.
And what might be the best source (gum, inhaler, patch, tabs)?