the napalm detroit barbell experience...

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very understandable Napalm. Im actually nervous for the first times I get caught at my gym on Friday night or Saturday late morning. That's when the whole crew gets together.

If you get there earlier maybe you can get in your work on the way up with them and get some knowledge as well. Could be awesome ya dig?

napalm

napalm

Awards
yeah they've all been really cool, just gotta get there earlier. i worked with them last week.

fyi: some smoking hot vietnamese chick came in to sign up for the meet tomorrow when we were training.

nice rack, not the monolift either. prolly weighed a buck ten...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah they've all been really cool, just gotta get there earlier. i worked with them last week. fyi: some smoking hot vietnamese chick came in to sign up for the meet tomorrow when we were training. nice rack, not the monolift either. prolly weighed a buck ten...
Giggity

smoker145

yeah they've all been really cool, just gotta get there earlier. i worked with them last week. fyi: some smoking hot vietnamese chick came in to sign up for the meet tomorrow when we were training. nice rack, not the monolift either. prolly weighed a buck ten...
Meant to quote this.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
if you've been around as many asians as i have, you can see subtle differences. facial structure, skin color, eyes...
That's a fact. They all have different features but it's hard to tell what nationality is what when you aren't familiar.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
napalm

napalm

Awards
cool little meet today, 15 lifters, just finished. a couple guys from db totaled >1700 raw, and a 165'r got ~1500. big clay decided after we tore down the gym yesterday that one of the guys i've been training with, ryan, was ready for a meet. about 15 hours before the meet starts! he's a kid about 20 or so and he got 1020 for his first meet. found out the little vietnamese chick actually trains at db, she had a rough day but she grinded it out. missed her first two squats and really fought the third, missed her 2nd and third bench and dl. her openers were too high imo, which is odd because some of the guys that train w her said she's a lot stronger than what she did today. there was another girl there that was pretty strong at 124. the dude i met at worlds, tim, put 100 lbs on his total since prague in the beginning of november.

fun day, quick meet...

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome bro, your gym is the tits. I wish I had a little Vietnamese eye candy in my gym. :(

napalm

napalm

Awards
That's awesome bro, your gym is the tits. I wish I had a little Vietnamese eye candy in my gym. :(
tbh, i had no idea she trained there. she goes the exact opposite days i do.

the meet was done under the upa, jj is the state chairman. i hadn't heard of it until i started at db. raw w wraps...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Squat/deadlift

Warmup
Stretch/rumble/roll/mash w the stick
Buffalo bar:
95x2x5
135x3x5
185x2x5
225x1, really 230, buffalo bar weighs 50

Deadlift
225x2x5
275x2x5
315x3
335x3
350x2
365x2

That was it, I'll do snatch grips and some other stuff on tues for assistance.

Thoughts
Pretty good fcking day. 2 hours total. Achilles felt good all day, I kept it stretched out before and after sets. Wasn't planning to go up to 225 today but everything felt good so I went w it.

Got into the shirt today too. I trimmed it yesterday and got it right the first time. The dude that got me into it is a rather large guy that doesn't train all that much, but it's like his role at db to help get everyone in and out of their gear. Dudes like 5'9" 330 or something like that. He's always there. Anyway, we got it seated and we're gonna give it a test flight next Friday.

And I'm not the only one w pumpkin gear anymore. one of our women was wearing a brand new Jack squat suit today!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's going to take more than that to touch in that shirt.

napalm

napalm

Awards
It's going to take more than that to touch in that shirt.
We were talking about that Ryan and you're right, the consensus was 450ish.

I just want to get it on and take it to a 4 board next week a few times and start breaking that thing in...

smoker145

We were talking about that Ryan and you're right, the consensus was 450ish. I just want to get it on and take it to a 4 board next week a few times and start breaking that thing in...
Pretty exciting. Make sure you get vid

napalm

napalm

Awards
And as much trouble as I had getting in that thing, I have no idea how you got it on. I trimmed about a 1/4 off of the left sleeve and about 3/8 off the right.

I was 196 this morning, how your 230 ass got into it is a mystery to me...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And as much trouble as I had getting in that thing, I have no idea how you got it on. I trimmed about a 1/4 off of the left sleeve and about 3/8 off the right. I was 196 this morning, how your 230 ass got into it is a mystery to me...
I didn't get into it. We almost had to cut the fücker off of Evan.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I didn't get into it. We almost had to cut the fücker off of Evan.
according to metal, that size is for a 181'r, it would have to be a big 181'r to wear that thing...

napalm

napalm

Awards
I think it took me 6 months before I was able to touch in my Ace shirt.
still got 5 months until nationals. i think i read everything there is to read about that shirt, i have to be patient w it and break that thing in right.

Rodja how does about a board a month sound?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
still got 5 months until nationals. i think i read everything there is to read about that shirt, i have to be patient w it and break that thing in right. Rodja how does about a board a month sound?
That might be a little fast as you'll need a break in there for CNS purposes and setting up in a shirt is very different.

napalm

napalm

Awards
That might be a little fast as you'll need a break in there for CNS purposes and setting up in a shirt is very different.
hmm, that will affect what i enter at nats, raw or geared.

i'm gonna leave that decision alone for a couple months and see how it goes. still got plenty of time before i have to enter...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm, that will affect what i enter at nats, raw or geared. i'm gonna leave that decision alone for a couple months and see how it goes. still got plenty of time before i have to enter...
You have a large crew helping you and that should shorten the learning curve.

napalm

napalm

Awards
You have a large crew helping you and that should shorten the learning curve.
this is true, what will prolly end up happening is i won't have much say (not that i could add anything) about what i will be doing.

i will just do what they tell me...

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, I guess the guys I worked out with when I first started lifting must have been using single ply shirts, or they were sort of loose. I say this because several of the guys who did the gear would be able to bench to their chest first or second time using a shirt.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Hmm, I guess the guys I worked out with when I first started lifting must have been using single ply shirts, or they were sort of loose. I say this because several of the guys who did the gear would be able to bench to their chest first or second time using a shirt.
the jack shirt is a multi-ply, one stiff mofo. i haven't even used it yet and i believe every word ryan says about how stiff it is.

the thing just doesn't move...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shirt technology is constantly evolving.

napalm

napalm

Awards
looking at the trimmed edges, it's a triple ply with each layer laminated to the next.

that's the beauty of it, when you trim it, the layers stay together...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
looking at the trimmed edges, it's a triple ply with each layer laminated to the next.

that's the beauty of it, when you trim it, the layers stay together...
Have to start calling u batman sounds like that "sucker could stop a knife" to quote Morgan Freeman

napalm

napalm

Awards
that play is one of the best i've ever seen, kaepernick jumping in the air to throw it and a great catch by crabtree...

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This isn't football...this is SPARTA!!!

napalm

napalm

Awards
Achilles was really stiff last night and this morning. I was actually a little worried. After loosening it up it feels better...