THE MONSTAR - SPARTA NUTRITION EPICURUS

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
DISCLAIMER - This log will not be for the faint of heart! I am on a mission to get as freaky strong and nasty huge as humanly possible.

I have been lucky enough to be selected to log Epicurus for Sparta Nutrition. A huge thank you to Yates84 for the selection and the rest of the Sparta Nutrition family for being so generous. I will be sure to knock this log out of the freakin park for you guys.

Epicurus_2-1024x414.jpg

I have never used an epicatechin product but am VERY experienced with a myriad of other supplements. Super excited to give epicatechin a run for its money. I usually run products at a slightly higher dose than recommended since I am pretty heavy, I will decide on a dosage once I receive the product.

Product has not arrived yet but I figure it will be here any day now. Consider this the calm before the storm. My training cycle has just reset so the volume will be high for a while as I lay the ground work for some huge numbers 6-9 weeks from now.

Here are my current numbers
BODY WEIGHT - 281 LBS
DEADLIFT - 720 LBS
BENCH - 460 LBS
SKWAT - 670 LBS

Last training cycle I added 10 lbs to both my squat and deadlift. Kind of an up and down cycle at the end with the 725 deadlift miss (came back the next week and nailed 720) and my bench fell apart big time but I still managed to set some PR's on squat and deadlift. As always, looking to improve this cycle.

As far as the nutrition goes, I eat a ton of food. I keep protein super high and am not afraid to eat junk food on top of my clean meals. I want to get so big I scare women and children lol so I pound food. If you have big goals you have to go all in to reach them. I will go more in depth about my eating in a future post.

I hit the first Deadlift session of this training cycle today, here is how it went down:

DEADS
-575 LBS X 3 (80%)
-470 LBS for 6 sets of 4 with 1 minute rest in between sets (65%)

DB ROWS
-165 LB'ERS for 5 sets of 12 reps each

BB SHRUGS
-375 LBS for 3 sets of 15 reps each

HAMSTRING CURLS
-135 LBS for 3 sets of 15 reps each

DEAD BUGS
-3 sets of 10 reps each

CURLS
-60 REPS TOTAL

thickness.jpg

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
I was in here before it was opened , following for freaky strong and nasty huge!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We're not worthy!

In

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't deadlift 720, but I pick
Fata$$es up off the floor for a living. Can I still be allowed in?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hhhhheeeelllllllaaaaaa gains to be had up on dis

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed to be in awe

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
I can't deadlift 720, but I pick
Fata$$es up off the floor for a living. Can I still be allowed in?
Everyone is welcome my friend!

Anybody have any questions or anything? Lets get this party started...

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
You gonna post some videos of some of those lifts? Thats what I need to see.
Nothing is gonna be heavy for a while, Ive got a lot of volume ground work to do. When the time comes I might try to film some stuff, that's something ive never bothered doing but ill see what I can do.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing is gonna be heavy for a while, Ive got a lot of volume ground work to do. When the time comes I might try to film some stuff, that's something ive never bothered doing but ill see what I can do.
Looking forward to it, and good luck.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
It's official like a ref with a whistle

epicurus.jpg

Super excited to see TWO bottles. Thinking of running this at 3 caps/day unless a rep doesn't approve or doesn't recommend it.

Time to lift, will post the session afterwards with some other random thoughts. Big THANK YOU to the Sparta Nutrition team again for the hook up!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly don't know if there is any feedback if a greater dose is going to be any more effective or not. But at your size it might be recommended. So no reason from me to say not to.

You thinking of taking all 3 pwo, or 2 pwo and 1 split?

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Honestly don't know if there is any feedback if a greater dose is going to be any more effective or not. But at your size it might be recommended. So no reason from me to say not to.

You thinking of taking all 3 pwo, or 2 pwo and 1 split?
Planning on 1 wake/1 mid day/1 night

Crazyguy1991

Awards
Just would buy this product because the design is just awesome :D But apart from that I think the product itself will hit hard ;)

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
arm epicurus.jpg

First official dose is in the books. Like I said in previous posts I plan on running this at 3 caps/day.

I tweaked my right pec last Saturday. Took a shot at a bench PR that I had no business attempting based on how the training cycle had gone up until that point and I paid for it. Luckily it was nothing serious but on my 2nd bench day Tuesday I could tell I needed atleast a complete week off of bench work to let it heal. It was tight and painful during warmups. With that said, I took the opportunity to absolutely pound my delts. Here is how it went down:

BARBELL OH PRESS
-280 LBS for 3 sets of 3 reps each

BEHIND THE NECK BARBELL PRESSES
-165 LBS for 2 sets of 8 reps each
-135 LBS for 2 sets of 12 reps each

PLATE OH PRESSES
-2 45 LB plates pinched together for 3 sets of 12 reps each

PLATE ROTATIONS (rotate plate around head and then back other direction)
-45 LB plate for 2 sets of 10 reps each direction

FRONT RAISES
-35 LB plate each hand for 3 sets of 15 reps each

SIDE LATERALS
-25 LB DB'S for 50 reps

KEG PRESS FINISHER
-50 reps

done. Not my usual type of session but it was a nice change of pace. Hopefully the pec will be fine by next Saturday. One thing you learn after doing this for so many years is how to adjust and adapt when things don't go according to plan. There is always something you can be doing to get better. I am not quite as reckless as I used to be lol, first time I squatted 600 was a week after I tore my calf and it was still black and blue. Trying to be smarter about things but at the same time, you cant be a pu$$y.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Didn't post up my deadlift session from yesterday. It was my 28th birthday and I simply forgot to post. Here it is

DEADS
-595 LBS for a triple
-470 LBS for 8 sets of 4 reps each with 1 minute rest in between sets

BARBELL SHRUGS
-385 LBS for 2 sets of 15 reps each

DEAD BUGS
-4 SETS OF 10 REPS EACH

PLANKS
-3 ROUNDS OF 1 MINUTE EACH

DONE. Honestly, I would rather castrate myself with a rusty spoon than do those 8 sets of 4 with a minute rest in between on deadlifts. It takes so much out of me just to make it through those, and next week will be 10 sets. These first 3 weeks of every training cycle are always the roughest but I really do believe that it lays the ground work for the rest of the cycle. Did a good amount of ab work this session as well. If you want get stronger on almost any lifts, a strong core/midsection is a big part of it. I don't do them for looks, trust me you cant see mine lol, but they sure do help blow up your lifts.

Running at 3 caps/day. Nothing to report yet. Stay tuned....

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
back bi.jpg

Quick pic for the log. I feel like a lot of pics don't do me justice but you can see just how thick my shoulders/traps/back/arms really are here.

As far as training goes, I am not doing any benching or chest work until Saturday. Gave my pec a week and a half off from any direct stress. That doesn't mean I'm not training though, just had to call an audible for both bench sessions. Usually a Tuesday would be my Bench 2 session which consists of Wide Grip Pause Bench (usually 4-6 sets of 4-8 reps each depending on the mission for that day), DB bench, flyes, dips and usually tricep work after that. Since I am giving my pec a little rest I decided to just wreck bi's and tri's today, which is something that I don't normally do, but it was fun and I feel like it was beneficial.

Took 2 caps pre workout and am planning on taking another cap around midnight (trying to space it out as far as possible).

Feeling good and looking forward to this stuff getting saturated in the system and seeing some results.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't post up my deadlift session from yesterday. It was my 28th birthday and I simply forgot to post. Here it is

DEADS
-595 LBS for a triple

BARBELL SHRUGS

DEAD BUGS
-4 SETS OF 10 REPS EACH

PLANKS

DONE. Honestly, I would rather castrate myself with a rusty spoon than do those 8 sets of 4 with a minute rest in between on deadlifts. It takes so much out of me just to make it through those, and next week will be 10 sets. These first 3 weeks of every training cycle are always the roughest but I really do believe that it lays the ground work for the rest of the cycle. Did a good amount of ab work this session as well. If you want get stronger on almost any lifts, a strong core/midsection is a big part of it. I don't do them for looks, trust me you cant see mine lol, but they sure do help blow up your lifts.

My friend, I have never known anyone that could be as impressive as you, and at the same time... Be a buzz kill. Im all stoked about what Im doing, and then read this sh1t, and realize I will NEVER be at your level. Nice 2 days!! Take it easy on those pecs brother!!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
My friend, I have never known anyone that could be as impressive as you, and at the same time... Be a buzz kill. Im all stoked about what Im doing, and then read this sh1t, and realize I will NEVER be at your level. Nice 2 days!! Take it easy on those pecs brother!!
I'm telling you, you DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, could be not only on my level but past it. The only things you will need are a solid plan, sound nutrition, a set of balls and lots of time spent under the bar (and maybe a few screws loose upstairs lol). When I graduated highschool I weighed 150-155lbs and barely benched 95lbs. I can remember laying on my bed thinking that if I wanted to be a freak I had to do all of the things that other people weren't willing to do. All ive done is busted my tail for 10 years, I'm not anymore special than anyone else. I can remember times where I ate so much I made myself sick, puked it back into the bowl, and then ate the puke with the rest of the food so that I got all the food down that I needed. Aint nothin to it but to do it!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm telling you, you DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, could be not only on my level but past it. The only things you will need are a solid plan, sound nutrition, a set of balls and lots of time spent under the bar (and maybe a few screws loose upstairs lol). When I graduated highschool I weighed 150-155lbs and barely benched 95lbs. I can remember laying on my bed thinking that if I wanted to be a freak I had to do all of the things that other people weren't willing to do. All ive done is busted my tail for 10 years, I'm not anymore special than anyone else. I can remember times where I ate so much I made myself sick, puked it back into the bowl, and then ate the puke with the rest of the food so that I got all the food down that I needed. Aint nothin to it but to do it!
I appreciate it brother! Youre my new hero. I did get me a new PR today, and fixing to post my workout. Right now, Im just trying to get over the age thing, I still have this "Im almost 39" in my head. But , im slowly overcoming it.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate it brother! Youre my new hero. I did get me a new PR today, and fixing to post my workout. Right now, Im just trying to get over the age thing, I still have this "Im almost 39" in my head. But , im slowly overcoming it.
Get after it brother

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right there with you bro. But I have no problem realizing that I would out lift, out run and could basically smash my 20-somethings self. 40 isn't what it used to be my friend.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right there with you bro. But I have no problem realizing that I would out lift, out run and could basically smash my 20-somethings self. 40 isn't what it used to be my friend.
Im tracking!! I know Im stronger, and bigger. I just want to be as cut as I Was when I was in my 20s, but with my current lifts and mass!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

DEADS
-595 LBS for a triple

BARBELL SHRUGS

DEAD BUGS
-4 SETS OF 10 REPS EACH

PLANKS

Id be interested to see what you're doing for core work... big guys neveer talk about that but its totally true... I can guarantee any dude that squats over 500 would have epic abs if they cut some fat.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Id be interested to see what you're doing for core work... big guys neveer talk about that but its totally true... I can guarantee any dude that squats over 500 would have epic abs if they cut some fat.
I do a lot of dead bugs, planks and ab roll outs. Something most people don't focus on but is super important. I used to get folded over in the squat when the weight got over 90% and would have to goodmorning it sometimes to save myself. Figured out what the weak link was, addressed it, and it helped almost every single lift.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, sorry I'm late to sub, ready to see you kill it!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Still dosing at 3 caps/day. Feeling great. Had squats on deck today and despite being outside in the florida heat for about 9 hours today I still went straight in and handled business. Went down like so:

SKWAAAAATS (ALL REPS SUPER LONG PAUSED IN THE HOLE FOR 2-3 SECONDS)
-370 LBS X 5
-400 LBS X 5
-435 LBS X 5
-470 LBS X 5
-500 LBS X 5

FRONT SQUATS
-285 LBS X 8
-340 LBS X 8
-395 LBS X 8

HAMSTRING CURLS
-135 LBS X 15
-135 LBS X 15

I hate these higher rep sessions with a passion. Doing what's fun wont get you far though. Still dosing at 3 caps, feeling good and thick. Not much to report yet but that is to be expected. As soon as things start happening they will be posted.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Strong. As. Fuk.

Impressed big man!
Thanks bud! Most sessions I finish and wonder how I will be ready for the next one lol. I definitely don't take the easy route when it comes to training but it all pays off. Thanks for stopping by!

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Still laying off the pec. Want to give it the best chance possible to be at 100% when I get back to benching so I can go full throttle. The plan is to start benching again next Saturday and get back to the usual split. Until then it will remain the same: Deadlift and Squat sessions are 100% normal but the two bench days have been replaced with bodybuilding upper body stuff. IMO, very boring and not much fun. I'd rather be benching and slangin heavy weight but I am surprisingly learning to be smart about things lol. Still putting in work though and adding some size. Today's session was similar to the last shoulder session I posted but with slightly heavier weight, less reps per set and more overall sets. Took 2 caps pre and got a stooopid good pump. Will take the 3rd cap later tonight.

On a side note, I put together a new deadlift platform for the gym today. Gotta make sure I protect the concrete after I put a crater in the garage floor at the old house lol. Looking forward to pulling on it Monday!

Today marks the official 1 week on mark so I should start seeing some results worthy of posting soon, stay tuned.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still laying off the pec. Want to give it the best chance possible to be at 100% when I get back to benching so I can go full throttle. The plan is to start benching again next Saturday and get back to the usual split. Until then it will remain the same: Deadlift and Squat sessions are 100% normal but the two bench days have been replaced with bodybuilding upper body stuff. IMO, very boring and not much fun. I'd rather be benching and slangin heavy weight but I am surprisingly learning to be smart about things lol. Still putting in work though and adding some size. Today's session was similar to the last shoulder session I posted but with slightly heavier weight, less reps per set and more overall sets. Took 2 caps pre and got a stooopid good pump. Will take the 3rd cap later tonight.

On a side note, I put together a new deadlift platform for the gym today. Gotta make sure I protect the concrete after I put a crater in the garage floor at the old house lol. Looking forward to pulling on it Monday!

Today marks the official 1 week on mark so I should start seeing some results worthy of posting soon, stay tuned.
TUNED!!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
500 lbs held for 5 reps crazy numbers just like I thought I'd see !