The guys on TRT/HRT

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
How young did you all start your steroid use? I'm trying to get a consensus on whether or not age was a huge determining factor.

Thanks guys

chopper40

Awards
I started when I was 39 years old I'm now 40

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
Trained all natty for 10 years before poppin my cherry with halodrol at 28. Got put on TRT 2 years after.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Disclaimer: I'm not on TRT/HRT and the following statement is my un-scientific opinion.

I have no scientific research to back up my statement but I firmly believe that age is a factor in how well we recover from steroid cycles. Although, my assertion is probably not what you would expect. I believe that younger guys are much more likely to recover fom steroid cycles versus older guys, with all other things being equal or close to it. Youth almost alway trumps the aged when it comes to the body recovering from various states of abnormality. The ability for the body to regenerate at a younger age is much better than it is at an older age. If person A were to run a cycle at 22 years of age, he would most likely recover better and quicker than he would had he decided to run that cycle at 52 years of age. I base this assumption on common sense and a general understanding on how the human body works as it ages. Rengeneration slows as we age, in most all regards that I can think of.

Now, having said all of the above, I believe you are talking about chronic use or abuse; a lifetime of steroid use if you will. I believe the most important factors in determining whether or not someone will need permanent hormone therapy are genetics, how long they have been using steroids and how harsh the cycles were/proper recovery. Some people cycle for a few years and end up ****ed for life, whe others cycle 'responsibly' for years and will avoid HRT all together. This can most likely be explained by genetics, along with a myriad of other factors.

It makes sense though that the earlier you start and the longer you use, the more likely you will be using a needle for life to supplement hormonally what you body no longer produces. So, in essence, the younger you start and the longer you use, the more likely you are to need help with your hormones at some point in life.

At the end of the day though, there are so many factors and nobody will be able to tell you how it will turn out for you as an individual. It's just a risk that we all take when we decide to supplement what mother nature has given us. We roll the dice and sometimes we come up with snake eyes.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Trained all natty for 10 years before poppin my cherry with halodrol at 28. Got put on TRT 2 years after.
Did you track your hormonal state during those 10 years or prior to cycling?

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
Toren,
I totally agree with what you just said. I do, however, believe cycling at 17-18 could come with problems compared to when we're fully developed at 22-25

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
Turning 22 next month and looking to make the plunge in the spring with halodrol

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Toren,
I totally agree with what you just said. I do, however, believe cycling at 17-18 could come with problems compared to when we're fully developed at 22-25
Absolutley, no doubt. If a male's hormonal system has not fully matured, it could lead to increased sides when experimenting with steroids. I don't think anybody would advocate that teenagers use AAS. There's another thing to consider though, science has indicated that the male brain doesn't fully develop until ~ 25 years of age. They say that the last part of the brain to develop is the pre-frontal cortex. This part of the brain is responsible for emotional maturity, self-image and most importantly, judgement and decision making (and specifically understanding the consequences of those decisions/actions).

There's a reason why we see a whole bunch of kids coming in here with steroid dreams that were clearly developed in a state of technicolor. It's also why I think the imposed age cutoff for steroid use (21 years) is nothing but an arbitrary number based solely on legal standards of adulthood. If I could influence others to wait to use steroids, I would aim for 30 years of age, or at the very least 25.

I understand the nature of the beast though. As long as people truly understand the potential consequences of their actions, they can say they are truly making an informed decision to engage in AAS usage. But again, we go back to that brain development thing and wonder if youth can truly comprehend the weight of the decisions they make at a young age and how they will potentially affect their life going forward.

Life is interesting to say the least.

zman86

zman86

Awards
  • Established
Turning 22 next month and looking to make the plunge in the spring with halodrol
Why when you can still train natty for 3 more years, your natural test level should still be very high unless you have issues with your endocrine system. Get some epicat and laxogenin, train and eat like a beast.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't take anything till I was 30 years old
And based on ur avi pic u look like u got the genes to keep pushing and getting bigger naturally , u r not one of those skinny dude that need too much hard work!
What's ur stats by the way?

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
6ft 208lbs 13.5-14% BF
Been serious about lifting for 3 years

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6ft 208lbs 13.5-14% BF
Been serious about lifting for 3 years
Sounds like u are at a good place, at ur age with these stats u don't need that **** ! Like I said I think u have the genes to push and push for more natty gainz,it's ur decision tho.
my advice is u don't need to mess with ur body at that young age and based on ur pic in avi u have them genes and stats confirmed it.

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
Did you track your hormonal state during those 10 years or prior to cycling?
Nope. Never did any bloods as natty. Was genetically very gifted as young. 6'0 230 at 21 and stronger than most. After 25 things started to turn around, slowly started to feel worse and after my 3rd cycle, 6 weeks of bold 200, I was done for. 8 months of feeling horrible followed. Did a lot of MMA and BJJ at the time, but my body just could not recover. One day of training and I had to rest for two. No drive, no energy, no will. Lots of pain. Finally had bloods and my total T was borderline too low and free T way too low. Getting TRT here in Sweden is not an easy task, but I was lucky to meet a good doc.

I suspect my levels started to fall naturally after 25 and the use of steroids (1 cycle of Hdrol, 1 cycle of stano/m4ohn, 1 bold 200) finally made my system crash.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was eligible for TRT at 38, before taking any anabolics....

But having watched a lot of guys, I mostly agree, a 22-26 year old is more likely to recover and recover to a higher level more fully than a 32-36 year old BUT I think recovering to a total test level of 400-500 is reasonably easy no matter what. The other major factors for long term recovery seem to be cycle length, and cycle frequency. doing 1 4-5 week cycle a year every year is way different than doing 2 14 week cycles a year or doing 4 5 week cycles a year

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started TRT at 36, but have never done steroids or prohormones.

zman86

zman86

Awards
  • Established
Nope. Never did any bloods as natty. Was genetically very gifted as young. 6'0 230 at 21 and stronger than most. After 25 things started to turn around, slowly started to feel worse and after my 3rd cycle, 6 weeks of bold 200, I was done for. 8 months of feeling horrible followed. Did a lot of MMA and BJJ at the time, but my body just could not recover. One day of training and I had to rest for two. No drive, no energy, no will. Lots of pain. Finally had bloods and my total T was borderline too low and free T way too low. Getting TRT here in Sweden is not an easy task, but I was lucky to meet a good doc.

I suspect my levels started to fall naturally after 25 and the use of steroids (1 cycle of Hdrol, 1 cycle of stano/m4ohn, 1 bold 200) finally made my system crash.
You did proper pct for all your cycle?

thatguy1234

thatguy1234

Banned
Awards
I didn't take anything till I was 30 years old
And based on ur avi pic u look like u got the genes to keep pushing and getting bigger naturally , u r not one of those skinny dude that need too much hard work!
What's ur stats by the way?
agree with this sentiment- you are lookin pretty swole for 22, obviously you've got some serious potential if that's only 3 years of lifting man. don't think you really need to get on any juices just yet.

afluck410

afluck410

Banned
Awards
The dramatic changes in body composition have slowed down lately, this past year has been give and take instead of all take like the past years. Wanna throw on a years worth of natty training muscle in 6weeks

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Iam glad I found this thread good job @afluck140

I started at 17 with primo and test cyp . had no clue what I was doing what so ever . had an atrophy if the testicles hurt like **** . I did it because the seniors who played hockey were doing it . From then on I just stuck with it . now 15 yrs later iam still cycling never had any major issues . sdorl is the only thing that elevated my liver vals or made me feel like a complete Ass hole.

thatguy1234

thatguy1234

Banned
Awards
Iam glad I found this thread good job @afluck140

I started at 17 with primo and test cyp . had no clue what I was doing what so ever . had an atrophy if the testicles hurt like **** . I did it because the seniors who played hockey were doing it . From then on I just stuck with it . now 15 yrs later iam still cycling never had any major issues . sdorl is the only thing that elevated my liver vals or made me feel like a complete Ass hole.
i'm pretty sure you are the actual hulk though

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
You did proper pct for all your cycle?
Yeah, put in a lot of research before joining the dark side and always used a SERM during PCT and took 4 - 6 months off to recover. Wasn´t enough however...