TGR's Modified PowerBuilding v2.0

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am working toward that 200 too! Not as close as you though. Lots of pressing today, looks like a fun workout.
It was very fun! Im trying to think of something fun to do tomorrow with my legs before I decide to sleep in.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_3085.jpg

I got this in today. Decided to get a cheap on for average wear. I didn’t go with the Spud, but I’m sure I’ll get some use out of it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice let me know how you like it. Is it a Deadlifting belt or a regular weight belt? I think the difference is the the DL Belt is 3 inches wide as opposed to 4. If it is a 4 and you like it I might grab one. I need a 4 inch that isn't as stiff as my belt I get stuck in. LMAO. Then again when I am leaner I can go back to it because then I have enough leather to grab and pull on. Right now it is too short and I don't have room to bend it and pull it far enough to get the buckles pins out of the holes on the belt.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest Day

BW: (01/27) 202.6

Calories yesterday: 3088 / 3100
200 P / 442 C / 65 F

Sleep: 7:32

Calories planned today: 3166
- 7 day averages:
2999 cals, 217 P, 6:32 hours sleep

Overandbacks x10, 10, 10
PAPs x10, 10

Dog walk later. More homework.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice let me know how you like it. Is it a Deadlifting belt or a regular weight belt? I think the difference is the the DL Belt is 3 inches wide as opposed to 4. If it is a 4 and you like it I might grab one. I need a 4 inch that isn't as stiff as my belt I get stuck in. LMAO. Then again when I am leaner I can go back to it because then I have enough leather to grab and pull on. Right now it is too short and I don't have room to bend it and pull it far enough to get the buckles pins out of the holes on the belt.
It’s a 4” WL. I’ll let you know after this weekend.

I thought of you when I decided to get it. I have a small single prong belt that was way too small when I was bigger, and I thought I would use it for standard lifts so I can adjust it quicker than the lever. I tested it and it took me FOREVER to get it off.

It just happened that someone posted about Velcro belts that same day. Lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 2 Period 1, Bench

BW: (01/28) 203.3

(01/20) 202.9
(01/05) 204.7
(12/26) 207
(12/11) 207.0

Calories yesterday: 2796 / 3166
223 P / 332 C / 76 F

Sleep: 7:40

Calories planned today: 3166
- 7 day averages:
2958 cals, 218 P, 6:36 hours sleep

Warmup, 1 Sets
- Over and backs x10 full light, x10 half heavy
- Paps x25
- Banded lat pulls (to body)
- Lat pull downs x10
Supraspinatus work:
- External rotations
- Internal rotations
- Band tricep extensions xN
- Banded standing press xN

Scap pull-ups
1 set

Pull-ups - 1 FS
x8

Pullaparts x25

Bench:

Bar x10
- at pulls
95x10
- Overandbacks
115x 8
145 x5
175x3

Work sets:
185 x3
205 x3
230 x3, 3, 6

Superset A. 3-4 sets
A1. Slight incline barbell bench press (2 board x2, 1b x2)
185 x10, 8, 5

A2. Rear Delt raises (DBs)

Superset B: 3 sets
B1. Slight-Decline DB or Barbell bench
(2 board x2, 1b x2)
135 x N

B2. Front plate raise

Dips SS / Pullaparts
BW x 20, 15
+ 25# x 12, 10
BW x 12

Notes:

Thèse felt good today despite a low temp (32°) and a frozen barbell.

Let’s eat. Chores. Schoolwork.

I know I’m behind on your logs. I’ll try to catch up this weekend.

I’m making an effort this week to move calories back to surrounding my workout and adding cardio back in. Core work also.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it!

I wish I would have ordered down a size, but it does the job. I measured myself after workout and after all my first round of calories, including my shake. So I put it on before most of that, and it was looser than I’d like. I can get it tighter, but it’s hitting a change in the material where the Velcro is sewn in.

As I started pounding water and flexing my core it was great and did what I needed it to.

Anyway, yes, I’ll be wearing one often. I may order another as I lose more belly fat.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Staring size: March 2022

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

This morning.

My back probably has the most impressive changes, but I didn’t do before shots.

When I lean out more I’ll share some.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 2 Period 1, Back 1/3 w/ Arms

BW: (01/29) 203.0

Calories yesterday: 3211 / 3166
228 P / 455 C / 59 F

Sleep: 5:47

Calories planned today: 3150
️ 7 day averages:
2966 cals, 220 P, 6:34 hours sleep

Warmup:, 2 sets
- Over and backs xN
- Paps xN
- Banded lat pulls (to body) xN
- Scap pull and flex/hold xN
- External rotations
- Can raises (both)
- Leg raises

Pull-ups x15

Dips
3 sets
x20, 15, 25

Slight decline JM Press
4 sets

Pull-ups
4 sets
+25# x 9 PR , 7, 6, 5 (volume pr )
(Rounding down)

SUPERSET: 3 sets
1. Dumbbell row
2. Long Rope tricep extension

Inverted Rows Against Bands
Wide width, prone grip (multi-g bar)
3 sets
Band:

Superset, 3 sets:
1. Banded Inverted Row
2. DB curl

Superset, 3-5 sets:
3 sets
1. Stretchers
2. Hammer curls OR DB cults

Notes:

Weight belt ~

I take back what I said. I don’t need to size down and I can get it as tight as my body will allow. It’s just new to me, and I was expecting “no give” like I get with my inzer lever belt. 100% satisfied

️ the inverted rows were a nice addition. I think I’ll do these as a warmup before bench also. It’s the same movement I want as I lower the bar.

IMG_3113.jpg

I need to find the sweet spot on bands. The blue is a tad soft, but the black is too much. Maybe I later them at different pins.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inverted rows vs bands is amazing. Another good drill pre-bench is RNT strong banded bench. Really cues up the lats before a meaty press.
Ooh, this one is new to me also. Thanks!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 2 Period 1, Deadlift

BW: (01/29) 203.7

Calories yesterday: 3320 / 3150
222 P / 433 C / 96 F

Sleep: 6:52

I slept in to 4:30 !!!

Calories planned today: 3100
️ 7 day averages:
3039 cals, 222 P, 6:39 hours sleep

Warmup, 1 round:
- BW squats x25
- Pendulum swings
- Overandbacks xN
- paps xN
- Lat pushdowns xN
- External rotations (both)
- Can raises (both)

Scapular pull-ups
1 set, + dead hang

Leg press
1 warmup sets

Leg extensions
1-set

Deadlifts:

175x5
225 x5, x5
+ micro band x5
+ red bands x5, 5, 5

^^ trying to keep the weight at a silent weight, but still get some reps in.
I ended up doing slight TNGs. The metal clanks.

Superset, 3 sets:
1. Lying leg curls
2. Hyoersextensions

Superset, 3 sets
1. Leg press:
2. Leg extensions

NOTES:

It was nice getting some real glute work in. I can feel it already.

Keep truckin’. Let’s eat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking great and awesome job on that pull up PR!!! Thanks for the feedback on the belt!!! Can you share the link and not just the picture of it?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good mate!!! Abs are coming through nicely!
Thank you!

Looking great and awesome job on that pull up PR!!! Thanks for the feedback on the belt!!! Can you share the link and not just the picture of it?
Thank you!

Here you go!

Gymreapers Quick Locking Weightlifting Belt for Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Cross Training - 4 Inch Neoprene with Metal Buckle - Adjustable Olympic Lifting Back Support

This may be common knowledge to others, but if I put the buckle to the left, I can get it much tighter (as opposed to the front)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When I was lifting with a velcro belt one thing that I really liked about deadlifting was that it did seem to fold or flex a bit more at the top and bottom making a 4" belt essentially closer to 3". still gave great support, but a little more flexibility. I used velcro belts for years and loved them when I did.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I was lifting with a velcro belt one thing that I really liked about deadlifting was that it did seem to fold or flex a bit more at the top and bottom making a 4" belt essentially closer to 3". still gave great support, but a little more flexibility. I used velcro belts for years and loved them when I did.
I can see that. I find this one very comfortable but clutch when I need it to be. I wore it deadlifting the other day, but couldn’t imagine wearing it on a max pull.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you!

Thank you!

Here you go!

Gymreapers Quick Locking Weightlifting Belt for Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Cross Training - 4 Inch Neoprene with Metal Buckle - Adjustable Olympic Lifting Back Support

This may be common knowledge to others, but if I put the buckle to the left, I can get it much tighter (as opposed to the front)
Thanks, I have never used a neoprene belt for a weight lifting belt. How much support does it give you compared to a leather or double / triple ply cloth belt? The DL Belt from spud is velcro too but it is double ply cloth belt.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, I have never used a neoprene belt for a weight lifting belt. How much support does it give you compared to a leather or double / triple ply cloth belt? The DL Belt from spud is velcro too but it is double ply cloth belt.
I have no prior experience other than with my leather belt, and I’d say it’s not close. I’d liken my leather belt to strapping yourself into steel. This one is not a tight (but not lever tightened), but tight enough when I brace. Sorry I can’t help more on this one. You probably get what you pay for at $35 compared to spud.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have no prior experience other than with my leather belt, and I’d say it’s not close. I’d liken my leather belt to strapping yourself into steel. This one is not a tight (but not lever tightened), but tight enough when I brace. Sorry I can’t help more on this one. You probably get what you pay for at $35 compared to spud.
The double ply fabric belts are about as supportive as the leather since they don't stretch, but more forgiving as far as bruising and what not from the edges of a leather belt. My spud belt is still doing the job well but I need a larger size temporarily. Once I am in your shape I wont but I do like the idea of a softer 4 inch belt too since I have no waistline. I have like 2 inches from my bottom rib to the top of my hip bone due to having a bit of a barrel chest.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 2 Period 1, OHP

BW: (01/31) 204.1

Calories yesterday: 3300 / 3166
229 P / 499 C / 57 F

Sleep: 5:18

Calories planned today: 2950
️ 7 day averages:
3106 cals, 223 P, 6:32 hours sleep

Thoracic openers:
x10

Warmup, 1 sets:
- External rotations
- Internal rotations
- Facepulls
- Banded lat pulls (to body)
- Lat pushdowns
- Tricep pushdowns
- Scap pull-ups

Supraspinatus raises:
-Full can
-Empty can
-Y Raises
-T Raises
-I Raises

Dips
FS only x 10

Pull-ups
1/2 - 1 set

- Shoulder stretches
- Overandbacks
- Pullaparts

🟢 Superset w/ incline treadmill 12, working up to 3.7 speed
x 10-12 total minutes

OHP:
45x10
75, x5
90 x5
105 x3

OHP Work sets:
+Belt

105 x3
115 x3
130 ~ 2s x 3r, x6

Barbell incline press:
5 work sets

Viking press
1 FS, 3 sets

Superset, 3 sets:
1. Rear Delt DB flys
2. Y raises

Superset, 3 sets:
1. Lateral raise
2. Cable Facepulls

Notes:

This one was fun. The treadmill during tests was a nice way to keep my HR up.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 2 Period 1, Back v2

BW: (02/01) 203.8

Calories yesterday: 3144 / 3100
244 P / 462 C / 51 F

Sleep: 6:05

Calories planned today: 3100
️ 7 day averages:
3099 cals, 224 P, 6:27 hours sleep

Warmup:, 1 set
- Over and backs xN
- Paps x N
- Scap pull-ups
- External rotations
- Internal rotations
- Can raises (opened and closed)
- Shoulder stretch, cross body

Barbell Row
1 feeder set
x1

Pull-ups
1-BW x 15

Dips:
1 feeder set
x 8-10 (x10)

Pull-ups
4 sets
3 + 35# x 6, 6, 6
1-BW x 14

Superset w/ 12 incline treadmill up to 3.8mph
x7-8 minutes

Inverted Rows / Banded
3 sets

Superset A., 3 sets
1. Barbell Row (reverse grip)
2. Standing body row, cable
12/15, 15/15, 10 paused/12
3. EZ curl

Superset, 3 sets:
1. Stretchers
2. DB shrugs
3. Hammer curls / rev. Curls alternate

Notes:

Getting the new belt even more snug, and I had to loosen it a few times for treadmil, pull-ups, and curls

It’s a field day, so I may have time to catch up in here. More than likely I’ll be short on calories, or I’ll cave and go way overboard.

Let’s eat.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest day yesterday. Squat day today. I’m back to low bar for now, and it’s another adjustment after spending so many months with the transformer.

Nutrition is on point as always.

BW 201.7

I’m going to step away for a week. School, work, and now a surprise family visit has me swamped.

I may peek in here and there.

Let’s eat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rest day yesterday. Squat day today. I’m back to low bar for now, and it’s another adjustment after spending so many months with the transformer.

Nutrition is on point as always.

BW 201.7

I’m going to step away for a week. School, work, and now a surprise family visit has me swamped.

I may peek in here and there.

Let’s eat.
Enjoy your family!

And nice work getting so close to 200 - keep it tight and it will happen very soon!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy the family visit!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. Wow. A lot has happened since I stepped away.

Workouts are steady. I am needing closer to two rest days a week now.

Calories are consistent. Maintenance must be very near 3500-3700. I don’t know exactly where, but my activity level fluctuates so much that I can’t dial it in.

Doctor upped my TRT Rx to 200/week. I don’t think that jump is necessary, so I’m going to taper up and see how I feel. I am 80 in since Monday.

I finally hit sub 200 this morning!

Unnecessary and somewhat meaningless goal accomplished!

Also, my toxic boss resigned this past Monday. His toxic sycophant follower followed suit the next day.

Life is slammed. I am continuing on as normal, but I don’t have time to note my workouts and log them for now. I’ll try and spend some occasional time in here, but downtime looks like wife first, school second, other family third.

I’ll do what I can to catch up, but the logs move so fast that I will miss some major highlights, unfortunately.

Homework this morning, taking the kids to lunch, then house chores.

“Rest day”

Let’s eat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really proud of you for going the distance to get under 200!!! It’s not meaningless at all - you proved to yourself that if you are persistent and determined and continually put the work in thoughtfully, you can reach a difficult goal! And you learned how to better take care of your body in the process.

In the same vein, you OUTLASTED your toxic boss. Perseverance is a winner’s quality, and it’s what it took to realize both of these things that have ultimately improved your life.

Be well!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really proud of you for going the distance to get under 200!!! It’s not meaningless at all - you proved to yourself that if you are persistent and determined and continually put the work in thoughtfully, you can reach a difficult goal! And you learned how to better take care of your body in the process.

In the same vein, you OUTLASTED your toxic boss. Perseverance is a winner’s quality, and it’s what it took to realize both of these things that have ultimately improved your life.

Be well!!!
^^^ What he said!

Keep doing what you are doing, it is working!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Be well!!!
I appreciate it! Much of my progress was and is fueled by support in here!

^^^ What he said!

Keep doing what you are doing, it is working!
Truckin’ on! Thank you!

New weight and horrible bosses gone. Hell yeah!
Life couldn’t be much better. Maybe when school is done though …

Nice work man!

I’m going to start cutting again soon, going to re-read your log over the next few weeks for inspiration.
I appreciate the kind words. Like I mentioned above, the support was from you guys. I was just making things up as I went, and it worked! I’ll be checking in on your progress soon!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Super quick update.

School. Meh. Still maintaining the honor roll, though.

I was officially offered the promotion two days ago. Salary is almost double, and it wasn’t a bad one to begin with.

Toxic boss left a big mess, but we’ve got this. No biggie.

Weight is down to 197.

Calories averaging 3100-3300 while still cutting. Waist keeps shrinking.

I pushed my workout time up to 3:30 AM from 4. It helps me not get behind.

No recent PRs. Feeling good though, and I’m looking fantastic.

Monster truck show last weekend with the kids, and the rodeo this weekend with the wife. Life is good.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the promotion assuming you accepted it. Awesome job continuing the weight loss. The good news is everything is a PR at body weight now!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Life is slammed. I am continuing on as normal, but I don’t have time to note my workouts and log them for now. I’ll try and spend some occasional time in here, but downtime looks like wife first, school second, other family third.
IDK if it's any value to you but I keep the tapatalk app on my phone so occasionally I'll log into my thread from the gym and log my workout as I go during rest periods so that I don't have to remember it or use a pencil etc.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IDK if it's any value to you but I keep the tapatalk app on my phone so occasionally I'll log into my thread from the gym and log my workout as I go during rest periods so that I don't have to remember it or use a pencil etc.
I used to do that method till I accidentally wiped a workout and had to fill in from memory. I like using the notes feature on phone then copy/paste to here. Leaves a nice concise trail on my notes that I can quickly reference exactly what weight was done and reps et al.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used to do that method till I accidentally wiped a workout and had to fill in from memory. I like using the notes feature on phone then copy/paste to here. Leaves a nice concise trail on my notes that I can quickly reference exactly what weight was done and reps et al.
yeah technically that's probably a little cleaner than trying to go back through your log here as well and sifting discussion. Plus you have it forever, and bulletin boards/forums don't always last forever..

my boy has been using notes on his iphone when we are at the gym which.. I mean c'mon man, he's 13... impresses me, lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah technically that's probably a little cleaner than trying to go back through your log here as well and sifting discussion. Plus you have it forever, and bulletin boards/forums don't always last forever..

my boy has been using notes on his iphone when we are at the gym which.. I mean c'mon man, he's 13... impresses me, lol.
Well you know at that age they use their phones for everything. I have tried to make myself log on the phone. I just get oldmanitis half way through, shove the phone in my pocket and look for a notepad. Then again I was amped up on double and triple scoops of old school Jack3d and could barely control my fingers. Might be worth a shot again. I am sure my phone is easier to use now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Notepad was my tried and true for a loooong time. Then these damn things started gettin smart and such

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the promotion assuming you accepted it. Awesome job continuing the weight loss. The good news is everything is a PR at body weight now!!!
Thank you! I definitely took it. lol. I still have to move my office over this weekend.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well you know at that age they use their phones for everything. I have tried to make myself log on the phone. I just get oldmanitis half way through, shove the phone in my pocket and look for a notepad. Then again I was amped up on double and triple scoops of old school Jack3d and could barely control my fingers. Might be worth a shot again. I am sure my phone is easier to use now.
IMG_3542.png

I’ve used iPhone notes in the past, but now I use OneNote. It’s easier to edit on the tablet and all of my routines are on one page.

My problem isn’t logging. That’s easy and wastes no time. The problem I have is the lack of time to come in and review other logs and enjoy the conversations. Life is just so slammed, and I don’t want to pop in just to post my routine when I can’t participate in the other threads, which is more valuable in here than saving my log.

It’s ok. It’s temporary, the lack of time, but at least I’m still staying consistent with the work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah OneNote would also be a great way to track. I need to put mine somewhere I can access it via multiple methods so just need to bite the bullet and do so.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A quick update…

Life is slammed.
Work is going well, but also slammed.
School is going well. And slammed. Lol

Just coming off the flu. A horrible two days, and another not so great day. But back at life today.

Weight is a low 197.1

I have abs, and they continue to pop out more each week.

I’m almost at the one year mark of when I made lifestyle changes. I’m trying not to lose anymore pounds, but I want to be leaner.

One year from today I should be done with school, and that’s if I don’t slam myself this summer. I should slam myself though.

I hope everyone is doing well and slaying weight!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, I took an allergy test and it says I should avoid all dairy and yogurts. I’ve been cutting them out, but I love my evening frozen yogurt and Greek yogurt on potatoes. I have greatly reduced if, though.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A quick update…

Life is slammed.
Work is going well, but also slammed.
School is going well. And slammed. Lol

Just coming off the flu. A horrible two days, and another not so great day. But back at life today.

Weight is a low 197.1

I have abs, and they continue to pop out more each week.

I’m almost at the one year mark of when I made lifestyle changes. I’m trying not to lose anymore pounds, but I want to be leaner.

One year from today I should be done with school, and that’s if I don’t slam myself this summer. I should slam myself though.

I hope everyone is doing well and slaying weight!
Awesome job on the progress!! Sounds like you are keeping up with everything even if it’s busy and hectic at times!! Happy Easter 🐇

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad everything is going so well for you. Keep up the great work!