TGR's Modified PowerBuilding v2.0

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weight creeping down means you’re not getting fatter, but leaner! It doesn’t need to be fast; when loss is slow strength can be built very well!
This!
I always make the mistake of reducing calorie intake excessively and end up getting injured.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 17, Back 1/3

BW: 212.4

Calories yesterday: 3288 / 3110

264 P / 391 C / 81 F

Calories planned today: 2930

Warmup:, 2 sets
- Over and backs xN
- Paps x N
- Banded lat pulls (to body) xN
- Lat pushdowns xN

Scap pull-ups
1 set

Meadows Rows OR One Arm Bb Row
1-2 feeder sets
x1

Pull-ups
3 sets
x12 (+4 PR), x7, x6 (volume PR)

Meadows rows OR One Arm Bb Row
5 sets

Cable rows
Underhand, from floor & waist
5 sets

Stretchers
5 sets

Superset A, 4 sets:
1. DB Shrug (70/85/85x18,15,15)
2. Lat pressdowns, heavy

Standing heavy DB curl
3 sets

Hammer curls
3 sets

I was falling way short of calories yesterday, so I grilled some wings and ended up over. No sauces of course.

Today will be a busy one.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like that you have a calorie goal for each meal as opposed to just the overall caloric goal. That is seriously paying attention to detail. Mine is getting better and better as well but this is just a glance at another step to make.
I’ve tried many diet arrangements in the past, and all of them provided me some gratification, even if temporary. I’ve never felt better than I do now. I’m rarely starving, at least not with options to eat. I’m recovering well, I’m having no debilitating pain (many thanks also to the transformer bar and Yukon), and I’m having the best body transformation ever. I wish I tried this a long time ago.

Props also to TRT.

This!
I always make the mistake of reducing calorie intake excessively and end up getting injured.
Exactly this!

IMG_1989.JPG

Every week I am seeing this same “slowdown,” then boom. Loss right through the weekend and into Monday. I just need to remind myself on Fridays to hold strong and not make rash changes.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you alternating high and low days along with your carb centric or fat centric days? I am sure I could go back and review to see but easier to just ask. My best results seemed to come from having high and low days but I have been keeping pretty steady state now while trying to figure out what my new caloric requirements are. Hard to do while being able to step up training and knowing I am increasing muscle mass as well. My legs are growing some with the frequency at 3 times a week and nothing else getting hit hard.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you alternating high and low days along with your carb centric or fat centric days? I am sure I could go back and review to see but easier to just ask. My best results seemed to come from having high and low days but I have been keeping pretty steady state now while trying to figure out what my new caloric requirements are. Hard to do while being able to step up training and knowing I am increasing muscle mass as well. My legs are growing some with the frequency at 3 times a week and nothing else getting hit hard.
Admittedly, I’m not up to date on carb cycling or what works for high and low days.

When my calories were lower, I’d do a carb heavier refeed day on a lifting day once a week. Twice a week if I felt run down. Now I just wait until I feel rundown, refeed, then rest a day. It’s working for now, but plateaus happen. I’m open to your knowledge on the matter.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest Day

BW: 211.8

Calories yesterday: 2853 / 3110

252 P / 366 C / 60 F

Calories planned today: 2700

Work was crazy and I wasn’t able to keep up with my food goals like I prefer. I maintained proteins and ended the day with a homemade lean burger on protein bread, homemade fries, and a crap load of PB frozen yogurt.

In ideal conditions i would be doing cardio or legs this morning, but I am so far behind in work and school. Work extra early today, and maybe school extra early tomorrow. Let’s see how much I can do this morning.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Admittedly, I’m not up to date on carb cycling or what works for high and low days.

When my calories were lower, I’d do a carb heavier refeed day on a lifting day once a week. Twice a week if I felt run down. Now I just wait until I feel rundown, refeed, then rest a day. It’s working for now, but plateaus happen. I’m open to your knowledge on the matter.
Honestly from what I see you are doing an excellent job man. No need for a change. I am trying to do more traditional right now and getting a little frustrated with it. So likely to go back to some sort of carb and calorie cycling if I don't start seeing the scale move down or an obvious recomp effect. It's hard to tell with me stepping up intensity on everything whether muscle memory is doing it's thing adding LBM or my caloric intake is just not low enough to cause weight loss for me right now. My caloric need has always been pretty low compared to others my size so it is hard to tell.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly from what I see you are doing an excellent job man. No need for a change. I am trying to do more traditional right now and getting a little frustrated with it. So likely to go back to some sort of carb and calorie cycling if I don't start seeing the scale move down or an obvious recomp effect. It's hard to tell with me stepping up intensity on everything whether muscle memory is doing it's thing adding LBM or my caloric intake is just not low enough to cause weight loss for me right now. My caloric need has always been pretty low compared to others my size so it is hard to tell.
I appreciate that. I’m just hoping I’m not too stubborn to change things up and try new things when the inevitable plateau comes. I’ve held fast in the past only to regret not trying something new.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 17 - Lower 3

BW: 213.0

Calories yesterday: 2693 / 2700

234 P / 345 C / 48 F

Calories planned today: 3350

Warmup, 1 round:
- BW squats x25
- Overandbacks x10
- paps x20
- Banded lat pulls (to body) x10
- Lat pushdowns x10

Front squat, feeder set 145x10

Leg Curls
2 sets

Let extensions (5/35s [home] PR)
3 sets

Front squat, transformer bar
1 FS, 3-4 sets
145x5
195x5, 235x5, 295x5, 235x5, x5

A. 4 sets
A1. SLDL
(50, 70, 85, 85 x12)
A2. Leg Extensions (5/36s volume PR)

SUPERSET B:
Leg curls / Leg press
4 sets

SUPERSET C:
Leg Extensions / calf raises
4 sets

NOTES:

Got in and got it done. Nothing special. I can feel the decrease in calories from the last couple of days.

^^ this was from this morning.

An exhausting day and an exhausting week. I’m glad it’s over.

I need sleep and a break from the computer.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate that. I’m just hoping I’m not too stubborn to change things up and try new things when the inevitable plateau comes. I’ve held fast in the past only to regret not trying something new.
I think you will, I think if not seeing any progress for 3-4 weeks it is time for a change. Sometimes 2 weeks isn't enough when the body is fighting for homeostasis, but then things move on that 3rd week.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 17, Back v2

BW: 212.6

Calories yesterday: 3367 / 3350
207 P / 451 C / 84 F

Calories planned today: 3110

Warmup:, 3 sets
- Over and backs x10
- Paps x12
- Scap pull and flex/hold x1
- Lat pushdowns x10

Dips
3 sets
31/19/10

Pull-ups, + final negative
5 sets
x8, 8, 7, 7, 7 (PR)

Dumbbell row
5 sets
75/75/85/85/85 x10

Barbell Row
*** Accidentally skipped

Pull down variation
- Med width, build up to a tough 8 (RPE 9)
4 sets

Stretchers
5 sets (+1 more set)

Lat press downs
Work to a tough 8 (RPE 8)
3 sets

Banded lat pulls (to waist)
3 sets

I have decreased my post workout calories by removing half my cranberries from my oats and 1/3 of my Gatorade (Gatorade changed last week).
Calories will remain the same. If this changes anything, I will move the calories back to this time slot. My thought is that I have plenty of nutrition around my workout, so maybe it will benefit more for recover later in the day. On the other hand, progress has been fine so far.

Don’t know until you try.

No weight movement in a week, but staying under 214- 213 for a bit, so that’s good. Still slimming down, and damn, the extra attention I get from people I know and strangers is kind of nice.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff man. Keep doing your thing!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18, OHP
Singles Week

BW: 213.8 (bloat. I have some ideas of the cause)

Calories yesterday: 3111 / 3110
234 P / 337 C / 85 F

Warmup2, 3 sets:
- External rotations
- Facepulls
- Lat pushdowns x10
- Tricep pushdowns
- Scap pull-ups (during rest)

Pull-ups
1/2 set
x4

Dips
1 set x27
31 is current PR?)

OHP:
45x5, 10
70, 85 x5
100x5 (3 on 5’s week)

OHP Work sets:

+ BELT (note )
140 x 2 (hit the rack twice)
140x1
155 x1
170 x did not attempt

+Belt
135 3x3, 3,

Superset A. 3 sets
- A1. DB / OHP; Volume PR
- A2. Weighted Dips (+35#)
3 sets : 6, (dropped the weight) x10, 12

Supraspinatus raises:
-Full can 3x8-10
-Empty can 3x8-10
-Prone Y raises 3x8-10

4 sets:
B1. Lateral raise
B2. Spidercrawls (3 series each)
B3. Facepulls

Pullaparts 1 set

I noticed the belt was loose the last couple of squat sessions. It had no tightness at all today.

Tightened belt. Officially the tightest notch I’ve ever had on my abdomen ever.

I can tell I’m starting to have suoraspinatus issues again. It effected my workout and I changed some of my routine to start building up strength on the rotator cuff. I’ll change my warmups to affect the same, and will do more of these at work during the week.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day of Rest & Stretches

BW: 211.8 (matches low)

Calories yesterday: 3108 / 3110
231 P / 304 C / 101 F

Calories planned today: 2400

I’m going to try several shoulder routines and warmups, keeping those that I notice most improvement or change. This is where I found todays:

Stretches:
1. Pendulum 2x10
- Spend more time with the injured shoulder
2. Crossbody shoulder stretch (4 ea.
3. Passive internal rotation (4 ea)
4. Passive external rotation (4 ea)
5. Sleeper stretch (2x)

Exercises:
1. Upright external rotations (3x8) banded
2. Internal rotations (3x8) banded
3. External rotation (3x8) banded
4. Skipped a few***
6. Scapular pull-ups (1x10)

I felt a benefit to all of them except the scapular pull-ups, the one I added myself.

Blood work this morning. May do fewer calories than planned, but we will see. My biggest concern with that is how much energy I won’t have tomorrow morning for my planned workout.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day of Rest & Stretches

BW: 211.8 (matches low)

Calories yesterday: 3108 / 3110
231 P / 304 C / 101 F

Calories planned today: 2400

I’m going to try several shoulder routines and warmups, keeping those that I notice most improvement or change. This is where I found todays:

Stretches:
1. Pendulum 2x10
- Spend more time with the injured shoulder
2. Crossbody shoulder stretch (4 ea.
3. Passive internal rotation (4 ea)
4. Passive external rotation (4 ea)
5. Sleeper stretch (2x)

Exercises:
1. Upright external rotations (3x8) banded
2. Internal rotations (3x8) banded
3. External rotation (3x8) banded
4. Skipped a few***
6. Scapular pull-ups (1x10)

I felt a benefit to all of them except the scapular pull-ups, the one I added myself.

Blood work this morning. May do fewer calories than planned, but we will see. My biggest concern with that is how much energy I won’t have tomorrow morning for my planned workout.
Remember you don't have to push resistance hard with these, just enough to get a solid contraction. A lot of using these is strengthening through activation and neural adaptation. Not saying increasing resistance isn't important but that it should not be the focus. Your shoulder shouldn't feel like toast to the point it is still recovering the next day with these.

Also you can spread these out throughout the week adding them into your warm ups or in between sets. Zack Evenesh had us pick something for whatever day and then do 5 sets of 20 during rest periods of the sets just for general shoulder health. Stuff like banded dislocators or external rotations. So you can still get some volume in with them throughout the week without it being a time suck and or an entire workout on it's own. So say 5 sets of squats make it a squat and shoulder mobility superset. It's not going to rob you of energy for your main set or shouldn't.

Last edited:
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember you don't have to push resistance hard with these, just enough to get a solid contraction. A lot of using these is strengthening through activation and neural adaptation. Not saying increasing resistance isn't important but that it should not be the focus. Your shoulder shouldn't feel like toast to the point it is still recovering the next day with these.

Also you can spread these out throughout the week adding them into your warm ups or in between sets. Zack Evenesh had us pick something for whatever day and then do 5 sets of 20 during rest periods of the sets just for general shoulder health. Stuff like banded dislocators or external rotations. So you can still get some volume in with them throughout the week without it being a time suck and or an entire workout on it's own. So say 5 sets of squats make it a squat and shoulder mobility superset. It's not going to rob you of energy for your main set or shouldn't.
Kleen, this is great, thank you.

Anything you find that works better than others, or anything worth skipping? You may save me hours of research and personal testing.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also want to note, the discomfort progressed after I stopped using my Bow tie. I’m going to get another.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like banded dislocators or if you can even done with a broomstick which really forces you through at larger rom. With the bands you can pull out on the band to clear a rough section with a broomstick you either can or can't get around without widening grip a little. So they grind away on scar tissue that ight be holding you back. You are internally rotating all the way forward and then external on the back with just enough resistance your whole shoulders get a nice pump but nothing debilitating for the next session. Other than that most external rotation exercises are good and often not worked as much as the internal stuff in normal use. I also find the TRX or even DB weighted alphabets or I,T, Y are great especially when you do some with the arms going back and down by your side.

I have more issues with scapular stability due to my subscap being torn on the right side, even my left side seems to be more stable at this point than the right. So I am trying to fix that. You may want to tailor your exercises based on where the injury actually is if you know specifically. Otherwise most of the scap, and rotator cuff stuff are good go to exercises for shoulder stability.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like banded dislocators or if you can even done with a broomstick which really forces you through at larger rom. With the bands you can pull out on the band to clear a rough section with a broomstick you either can or can't get around without widening grip a little. So they grind away on scar tissue that ight be holding you back. You are internally rotating all the way forward and then external on the back with just enough resistance your whole shoulders get a nice pump but nothing debilitating for the next session. Other than that most external rotation exercises are good and often not worked as much as the internal stuff in normal use. I also find the TRX or even DB weighted alphabets or I,T, Y are great especially when you do some with the arms going back and down by your side.

I have more issues with scapular stability due to my subscap being torn on the right side, even my left side seems to be more stable at this point than the right. So I am trying to fix that. You may want to tailor your exercises based on where the injury actually is if you know specifically. Otherwise most of the scap, and rotator cuff stuff are good go to exercises for shoulder stability.
It’s not quite at injury stage. I can visually see the imbalance in my shoulder, and I can here and feel the looseness of my left shoulder when I do the pendulums. In the past, I had a supraspinatus pinch as a symptom of whatever it is. I can tell that I’m headed back in that direction so I’m trying to get ahead of that now.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Hmm. It looks like I do these already but I call them “Overandbacks.” I’ll try them again with a broomstick. Thanks!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18 Squat
Singles week

BW: 210.8 (new low, -1)

Calories yesterday: 2269 / 2400
233 P / 184 C / 66 F

^^ I had to cram calories in late to get close to my goal. Some bad news at work left me without any motivation today. 1480 calories after 5.

Warmup, 1 round:
- BW squats x25
- Leg curls 2p xN
- Pendulums
- Overandbacks (shoulder dislocates)
- Shoulder circle crossovers
- BW squat x10
- External rotations

Scap pull-ups
1 set

Added with squats:
- Crossbody shoulder stretches
- External rotations (both)

Transformer low 2-3 Squats:
(Use pin 28)
150x5
195x5
235x5

Work Sets:
300 x5
330 x3
365 x1
415x1 PR*

435x1 PR*

^^ both high. But both also major BW PRs, transformer PRs, and most I’ve had on my back in (I think) 3-4 years

SLDL:
DB’s
2 sets
60/70 x12

Leg extensions:
2 sets

Wasn’t in the mood to do any more.

Blood work came back. They forgot the hormones. They keep forgetting a section of labs every time.

I’ll share later. Some great news and some not great news.

Shoulder feels some relief. Again, I had no pain, but it feels sturdier, if that makes sense.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope the bad news at work doesn't effect you too much. Although from the sounds of it that is unlikely.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18, Bench
Singles week

BW: 211.6

Calories Yesterday: 3136 / 3110
229 P / 416 C / 68 F

Warmup, 1 Sets
- Pendulum swings
- Over and backs x10
- *external stretches
- Paps x15
- Banded lat pulls (to body)
- Lat pull downs x10
- External rotations
- Shoulder circle crossovers

- Band tricep extensions x10
- Banded standing press x15

Super D Shoulder Protocol

Scap pull-ups
1 set

Bench:

Bar x10
95x10
115, 145, 170x5 (x3 for 170 on 5’s)

Work sets:
225 x5 + can raises
250 x3 + can raises
275 x1 + can raises

AA.1. 4 sets

Slight incline DB bench press:
50x 15, 15, 15, 8
——PRE FATIGUE W/ BAND——

A. 3 sets
A1. DB shoulder press
50x8, 45x8, 40x
A2. Dips
: x 10, 10,
A3: Can raises, 10x each

B: 3 sets, :60 rest
B1. Chest supported Y raises
B2. Rear Delt flys, banded

I withdrew from one school class yesterday. There is some uncertainty with my job and I need the extra time to prepare for what that means.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Love the training, sad to hear about any job uncertainty. Wishing the best for your situation brother!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wishing for the best! Whatever we want to believe, nothing is ever really promised, and you have made it this far in life living each day as it comes successfully - take some comfort in that accomplishment. You can meet any new challenges as they come your way.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18, Back day 1

BW: 211.2

Calories yesterday: 3118 / 3110

246 P / 415 C / 58 F

Pendulum Swings

- Over and backs xN
- Paps x N
- External rotations
- Can raises (both)
- Shoulder stretch, cross body

Scap pull-ups
1 set

One Arm Bb Row
1-2 feeder sets
x1

Dips
3 sets
X30, 18, 18 (volume PR)

Pull-ups
3 sets
x9, 8, 10 (volume PR)

Meadows rows
5 sets

Cable rows
5 sets

Stretchers
5 sets

Hammer curls
2 sets, light

That’s it. Gotta make it through another day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cycle 1 Period 18, Back day 1

Calories yesterday: 3118 / 3110

246 P / 415 C / 58 F

Pendulum Swings

- Over and backs xN
- Paps x N
- External rotations
- Can raises (both)
- Shoulder stretch, cross body

Scap pull-ups
1 set

One Arm Bb Row
1-2 feeder sets
x1

Dips
3 sets
X30, 18, 18 (volume PR)

Pull-ups
3 sets
x9, 8, 10 (volume PR)

Meadows rows
5 sets

Cable rows
5 sets

Stretchers
5 sets

Hammer curls
2 sets, light

That’s it. Gotta make it through another day.
22 sets plus that warm up is not "That's it" it is more like "PHEWWWW that was a good workout." :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
22 sets plus that warm up is not "That's it" it is more like "PHEWWWW that was a good workout." :)
Yeah a new best in dip and pull-up workload is a great place to be!
Indeed, and thanks for the reminder, guys. It was one of those I just zombie’d through with a racing mind. Not horrible, just not the f-yeah kind of morning.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18 - Lower 2

BW: 210.6 (new low )

Calories yesterday: 3171 / 3110

263 P / 415 C / 56 F

- 7 day averages: 3039 calories, 235 pro / day

Calories planned today: 3350

Warmup, 1 round:
- BW squats x25
- Overandbacks xN
- Can Raises (both)
- External Rotations low
- External rotations high
- BW squats x15

Leg Curls
2 sets

Let extensions (5/35s)
3 sets

3-4 sets
195x5, 235 3x5

A. 4 sets

A1. SLDL
65, 80 x12, 90x12, 90x12 (volume PR)

A2. Leg Extensions (5/35s)

SUPERSET B:
Leg curls / Leg press / Calf raises
4 sets

Medium to light squats, working on depth and bracing my core, also working on tightening my shoulders to support the bar handles. I can tell when I dont, the left shoulder pinches

Shoulder is feeling better overall, but not yet 100.

Last edited:
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest Day

BW: 208.8 (new low )

Calories yesterday: 3039 / 3110

209 P / 348 C / 92 F

Calories planned today: 3100

-7 day averages: 2,993 cals, 235 P

The weight drop is likely a farce due to diet issues. I’m forcing in the calories, so I’m reducing fiber and increasing some fats. Missed my protein goal, but I crammed in 130 grams after 6 PM.

I will likely do some form of shoulder movements later. Nothing heavy, just reps like @Kleen suggests.

Work issues are looking up. No update until resolution is reached.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey, a new low is a new low, they’re usually never a stable weight value initially.

I really think you ought to keep going on this path and break the 200 barrier! Not that you need to stay there, but the leaner you are the better you will grow when you do reverse.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, a new low is a new low, they’re usually never a stable weight value initially.

I really think you ought to keep going on this path and break the 200 barrier! Not that you need to stay there, but the leaner you are the better you will grow when you do reverse.
Oh, sun 200 is happening, and sooner than I thought. I want more, though.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18 - Chest 2 and Shoulders

Calories yesterday: 2633 / 2633
215 P - 261 C - 69 F
- 7 day averages: 2,924 calories, 232 P

Calories planned today: 3310

Warmup, 2 Sets:
- Over and backs x10 (2 sets)
- Shoulder cross body stretches
- Paps x15 (2 sets)
- Banded lat pulls (to body) x10 (2 sets)
- Lat push downs x10 (2 sets)
+ on first round:
- Band tricep extensions x10 (1 set)
- Banded standing press x15 (1 set)
+ on second round:
- Can raises (both)
- Broom stick forced external pushes

Scap pull-ups
1 set

Dips
3 sets
x34: (PR)
+25# / x15, x15 (volume pr, weighted prs)

Alternate:

Dumbbell press, slight incline
5 sets

Dumbbell incline press
4 sets

Dumbbell standing underhand chest raise + banded to failure each set
3 sets

Dumbbell overhead press
4 sets

4 sets, :30s rest
A1. Banded decline angle chest fly
A2. Front raise, plate

4-5 sets, 30s rest
C1. Lateral raises
C2. Triceps extensions, rope
C3. Incline push-up

Food. Homework. Refresh the week. Let’s go.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest Day, stretching:

BW: 209.8

Calories yesterday: 3327 / 3310
200 P / 368 C / 116 F

Calories planned today: 2700

️ 7 day averages: 2956 calories, 228 protein

Morning shoulder rehab and stretching. I can tell a difference!

I’ll do some more tonight, but also homework.

Time to deal with work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep killing it man you are doing awesome!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18, Back v2

BW: 208.4 (new low )

Calories yesterday: 2586 / 2700
168 P / 337 C / 68 F

** another day of struggling to make calories and missing protein. Life has my appetite in the sh!tter.

- 7 day averages: 3001 calls, 219 P

- Over and backs x10
- Paps x12
- Scap pull and flex/hold x1
- External rotations
- Forced external rotations

Dips
3 sets right
x35 (PR), x26, x20 (volume PR)

Pull-ups, + final negative
4 sets
FS x3, x8, x7, x8

Dumbbell row
4 sets
75x 12, 85x10x3

Barbell Row
2 feeder sets (if needed)
3-4 sets

Pull down variation
Med width, build up to a tough 8 (RPE 9)
4 sets

A1. Stretchers
5 sets

Lat press downs
Work to a tough 8 (RPE 8)
3 sets

What people will do to other people to protect their own shortcomings and failures is mind blowing. I feel like I’m halfway through the door of some major life changing events. What is job insecurity could turn into a legal battle, and is already pressuring my home life; school and marriage.

And nothing has even officially happened yet.

I’m just aware of things I shouldn’t be aware of.

A year from now I could have nothing. Or I could have everything.

I will have my damn biceps tho. Levity.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You just keep on doing the right things and hopefully life will go your way on this one. If not though you will be a ripped and built specimen. Then you can go take money off of thirsty women on Only Fans! ;)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The world is full of liars and sycophants.

Hope things work out for you mate.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You just keep on doing the right things and hopefully life will go your way on this one. If not though you will be a ripped and built specimen. Then you can go take money off of thirsty women on Only Fans! ;)
You don’t even need to be naked. Did you know there’s an entire market on OF for people with foot fetishes???

Lots of ways to make money in the US, best believe that.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18 - Lower 3? 4?

BW: 208.2 (new low )

Calories yesterday: 3493 / 3110

266 P / 431 C / 85 F

- 7 day averages: 3052 calories, 224 pro / day

Warmup, 1 round:
- BW squats x25
- Overandbacks xN
- Can Raises (both)
- External Rotations low
- External rotations high
- BW squats x15

Leg Curls
2 sets

Leg extensions
3 sets

3-4 sets

195x5, 235x5, (+Belt) 285x5, 325x .5, x3 (PR), 285x5

A. 4 sets

A1. SLDL
75x10, 80 x12, 80x12, 80x12

A2. Leg Extensions (5/35s)

Leg raises
2 sets, just flexing

SUPERSET B:
Leg curls / external rotations / forced external stretches
3 sets

Shoulder is feeling more stable and bracing is much stronger for it.

Progress!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The world is full of liars and sycophants.

Hope things work out for you mate.
You don’t even need to be naked. Did you know there’s an entire market on OF for people with foot fetishes???

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Oh trust me I know. I have "pretty feet" according to everyone who has ever seen them and apparently like feet. My Mother In law was down recently and kept commenting on how pretty my feet were. Enough it got a little weird and I started wearing socks around the house!!!! I told Jo, Babe I think your Mom has a foot fetish!!!!

Might be time to give myself a raise and start a Feet Only Only Fans! LMAO
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the support.
Of course brother, we are your Iron Family!

CONGRATS ON THE NEW LOW IN BODY WEIGHT, AND THE PR! Sorry on the caps lock, but an appropriate time for it. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man the fat keeps dropping and the training keeps cranking!

Just keep focusing on what you can actually control and ignore what you can’t; enjoy those little moments each day!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cycle 1 Period 18 - Chest 3 and Shoulders

BW: 207.4 (new low )

Calories yesterday: 2938 / 3110
239 P - 379 C - 59 F
- 7 day averages: 3026 calories, 223 P

Warmup, 2 Sets:
- Over and backs x10 (2 sets)
- Shoulder cross body stretches
- Paps x15 (2 sets)
- Banded lat pulls (to body) x10 (2 sets)
- Lat push downs x10 (2 sets)
+ on first round:
- Band tricep extensions x10 (1 set)
- Banded standing press x15 (1 set)
+ on second round:
- Can raises (both)
- Broom stick forced external pushes

Scap pull-ups
1 set

Dips
3 sets
x42: (PR)
+25# / x18 , x18 (volume (36) pr)

Yukon Press, slight incline
4 sets

Rev-bamded Multigrip press, slight incline
4 sets

Dumbbell standing underhand chest raise + banded to failure each set
3 sets

Dumbbell overhead press
4 sets

4 sets, :30s rest
A1. Banded decline angle chest fly
A2. Front raise, plate

4-5 sets, 30s rest
C1. Lateral raises
C2. Triceps extensions, neutral grip
C3. Incline push-up

Notes:

Ok, 4 pounds in just over a week. This has to be from stress because my calories haven’t dipped much on average. My frequency hasn’t change and I haven’t added cardio. It can’t be straight fat loss, so I’m going to say, since I don’t track it, that it’s likely water weight and I am unintentionally not drinking enough water.

I’ll start there. Focus on water to balance out weight loss. Tomorrow I deadlift, so I’ll do a slight increase in calories then.

I know I’m behind on everyone’s logs. Stress has me. I’m still here to make sure I don’t skip my physical health like the last time I had a rough time. I’ll catch up, I promise.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't forget your body tries to hold on to water as you lose weight in an effort to create homeostasis. Once it realizes you aren't going to stop it will let go of the water it was holding quickly. So this could simply be the fruits of the work over the last 3 weeks showing at once. I am sure stress may also be a factor but doubt dehydration is the issue. Also increasing water above normal could simply result in more water loss. Your body tends to hold water under the skin or anywhere it can when not getting enough, not let it all go. Then tends to let it go a lot when you are taking in a surplus.