Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

TGR's FINAFlEXing Preworkout Trifecta (sponsored)

Pre:
Strong coffee x2
Max Pump
Crea-Trona
1/2+ Stimul8

Barbell Deadlift 365
2-3 min rest between each set

Set 1 : 135x5
Set 2 : 225x5
Set 3 : 315x2
Set 4 : 365x1
Set 5 : 365x0
Set 6 : 365x1 (straps)
Set 7 : 315x4 (straps)
Set 8 : 315x2 -5" deficit (straps)
Set 9 : 225x5 -5" def
Set 10 : 225x4 -5" def
|

SUPER SET:
No rest, 4.0.2 tempo on seated row and cable pull downs.

Barbell Good Morning 239.17

Set 1 : 135x10
Set 2 : 205x5

Set 3 : 185x5
Set 3 : 135x10
|
Cable Rope Crossover Seated Row 160

Set 1 : 120x10
Set 2 : 100x17

BTH pull-ups xMax x3, 10s break between each set

+ wife cable pull downs, drop set x2, 140XMax, 120xM, 100M, 80M, 40M
|
Notes:


I only did 1/2+ Stimul8 because the coffee was so strong, and I didn't eat or have a shake. I still coulda used at least 3/4...

I felt way weak today. I accidentally fell asleep on the couch last night before eating, so my calories were at 2K, and I went in today fasted w/ 10g BCAA's. I assume that's why I struggled, but who knows. If I'm weak tomorrow on legs (I have a full scoop ready to go), then I might take Monday off. Or just go in for cardio and abs.

I weighed in at 191.0 fasted this morning. Honestly though, I look 200+ because of the Max Pump and Crea-Trona. My arms and traps are ginormous.

That extra 7# I was carrying the last two weeks is gone too, probably because my sodium went from 6-9k/day to 2.7-3.5K/day, but I don't look as bloated (also no protein shake today). So, per Snags, I'm dropping the protein shakes pre-WO altogether. I have to figure out though what to eat at 0330 in the morning though, or stick to the fasted training during my cut.

I have only 3 days left of Max Pump and Crea-Trona, so I may throw those reviews up later this coming week.
 
Your body might need a day off, but going in for a little cardio might be a good idea. Sorry to hear you are low on your Max Pump and Creatrona. Sounds like both are treating you very well. Looking forward to your reviews.

For that 2k cals, was it pretty even macro wise ? if it was low in carbs, perhaps you need to carb up a little today to saturated those muscles for legs.
 
Your body might need a day off, but going in for a little cardio might be a good idea. Sorry to hear you are low on your Max Pump and Creatrona. Sounds like both are treating you very well. Looking forward to your reviews.

For that 2k cals, was it pretty even macro wise ? if it was low in carbs, perhaps you need to carb up a little today to saturated those muscles for legs.

You hit the nail on the head. 51g carbs. I was at 36 when I left work and felt so drained. Ate some rice cake snacks when I walked in the door and felt a little better.

Edit:

I will be about 175g carbs today, 200 tomorrow, then 100-125 Monday.
 
Pre:
Max Pump
Crea-Trona
1s Stimul8

SUPER SET 1:
4.0.2 tempo
20-30s and 60s rests

Barbell Squat 300
Alternating stances: shoulder width, wide, super wide, etc. Kept changing it up.

Set 1 : 225x10
Set 2 : 225x10
Set 3 : 225x10
Set 4 : 225x10
Set 5 : 225x10
Set 6 : 225x10
Set 7 : 225x10
Set 8 : 225x8
Set 9 : 225x9
Set 10 : 225x9

It may look very similar to last week, but I felt very weak today (as you can see on the curls. Everything felt heavy except calf raises.
|
Lying Leg Curls 160

Set 1 : 95x10
Set 2 : 95x10
Set 3 : 95x10
Set 4 : 95x9
Set 5 : 95x9
Set 6 : 95x8
Set 7 : 95x7
Set 8 : 95x9
Set 9 : 120x10 (seated curls)
Set 10 : 95x8
|

SUPER SET 2:
No breaks except the walk.

Seated Calf Raise 312

Set 1 : 180x22
Set 2 : 180x20

Set 3 : 180x22
Set 3 : 135x20
Set 3 : 90x20
Set 3 : 45x25
|
Leg Extensions 215

Set 1 : 150x13 10s hold at top
Set 2 : 150x12 5s hold
|

Done last, before stretching. 1=BW
These were tough, an 80x12 was PR since starting GVT and doing them last.

Barbell Lunge 112

Set 1 : 80x12
Set 1 : 1x10

Set 2 : 80x8
Set 2 : 1x11
|
Notes:
I really did not even want to go in today. I felt tired, I was full from eating a 440cal slice pizza at SAMs, and I just wanted a nap.
But, I had the scoop of Stimul8 waiting, and I felt really guilty for eating that pizza.

I sweat my arse off today with the full scoop, but the appetite suppressant wasn't there. I left STARVING.

That said, I haven't eaten a whole lot. I drank a 2 scoop shake post workout, and have had about 2oz chicken since then (while finishing prepping. So, I guess the suppressant did kick in...

Also, I ruined a second pair of boxers doing lunges while on Max Pump. Pumped legs, lunges, and boxers don't mix together.
 
Squat numbers are great. Funny how we feel the guilt and have to get in there. Bet you felt fn great when all was done!
 
You are working your arse off in here! Nice job RJ! Keep going. Boxers? Might have to start using compression shorts.
 
Get you them Predator multiply undies like the big boys run in full gear powerlifting divisions - you'll put like 40lbs on your lunges lol
 
Man, I told you a long time ago, Under Armors. You only have to buy 7, and you will have a pair for every day of the week, for a LONG time. I have a couple pairs that I have had for 7 years now. Solid investment. I don't workout without them.
 
Man, I told you a long time ago, Under Armors. You only have to buy 7, and you will have a pair for every day of the week, for a LONG time. I have a couple pairs that I have had for 7 years now. Solid investment. I don't workout without them.
Solid this ^^^^^. These are all I wear! Listen to your brother. These wear like iron. Boxers are for old, flabby guys. Lmao
 
I love it when everyone comes together and talks about my skivies.

I only have 1-2 pairs of boxers left. I've been switching over to a type similar to UA, but cheaper. Not so sure I'd be excited to have underwear for 7 years...

Off day today! Maybe cardio later. Maybe not.

Probably not.
 
I've been going with compression type shorts.......They really cup the bawls and provide a bit if stimulation during the day.....
 
At least no one is posting pics...
 
Sleep last night was horrible w/ 5g Melatonin. Up every hour, and a couple times every half hour, all night. I drink some water right before bed, but shouldn't have been enough to do that. I was tempted to stay in bed this morning but figured if I got up and had a bad workout, at least I'd be tired tonight.

Pre:
4x Max Pump
4x Crea-Trona
7/8s Stimlou8

SUPER SET 1:
30s and 60s breaks.
Leverage Machine High Row 93.33
4.0.2

Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 70x10
Set 3 : 70x10
Set 4 : 70x10
Set 5 : 70x10
Set 6 : 70x10
Set 7 : 70x10
Set 8 : 70x10
Set 9 : 70x10
Set 10 : 70x10

-I struggled on the last couple of the last few sets..

|
Leverage Chest Press 93.33
4.0.2, 70 each side +8#’s

Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 70x10
Set 3 : 70x10
Set 4 : 70x10
Set 5 : 70x10
Set 6 : 70x10
Set 7 : 70x10
Set 8 : 70x9
Set 9 : 70x9
Set 10 : 70x7
|
Dumbbell Decline Fly 50.67

Set 1 : 40x8

|
Dumbbell One Arm Row 111

Set 1 : 90x7
Set 1 : 70x5

Also, two sets of rack pulls at 225 and 315 (ran out of time to do more). Went slow and squeezed hard.

One set of one arm cable lat pull.

One set of EZ bar rows, 70x20-something

|
Notes:

No doubt, lack of sleep really messed up my workout today. I felt energized, but my body didn’t have much strength at all. Hopefully I’ll get some rest tonight.

I gave up on the chest because I was feeling so weak, and ended up getting a great back pump at the end.
 
I took melatonin for a while....threw it in the garbage.
 
I forgot to add that my leg DOMs are way below normal. I did a lot of really wide stance squats Sunday and could feel the burn in my hammy's tryig to shoot up, but the pain isn't near where I'd expect it to be two days later.

I took melatonin for a while....threw it in the garbage.

It's weird; some nights it really keeps me tired, other days nothing. Except constipation. It always constipates me.
 
I forgot to add that my leg DOMs are way below normal. I did a lot of really wide stance squats Sunday and could feel the burn in my hammy's tryig to shoot up, but the pain isn't near where I'd expect it to be two days later.

.

This is what a good stack can do my man!

Between Max PUMP and Crea-Trona, DOMS should in fact decrease. With the added blood flow throughout the day and workouts from Max Pump along with the BEST creatine on the market helping in recovery you are experiencing exactly what you should be. Enjoy it :)
 
Took another day off today. Slept like crap again. No worries, that's only 4 days off in this month so far. Maybe I'll have a beer tonight before bed and see if that relaxes me.
 
Took another day off today. Slept like crap again. No worries, that's only 4 days off in this month so far. Maybe I'll have a beer tonight before bed and see if that relaxes me.

I'm halfway through pct right now & went back to Wendler's 5/3/1 strength training. 4 days lifting/wk is so awesome, & keeping them to 1 hr sessions max. Powerlift for 20 min, then volume on compounds & gtfo. It's so awesome having 3 days off/wk, & I'm keeping my size & strength it appears.

What I'm getting at is there is a time to go & time for off-days. But don't make the mistake of believing off-days are a necessary evil - they can be a big part of the gains.
 
I'm halfway through pct right now & went back to Wendler's 5/3/1 strength training. 4 days lifting/wk is so awesome, & keeping them to 1 hr sessions max. Powerlift for 20 min, then volume on compounds & gtfo. It's so awesome having 3 days off/wk, & I'm keeping my size & strength it appears.

What I'm getting at is there is a time to go & time for off-days. But don't make the mistake of believing off-days are a necessary evil - they can be a big part of the gains.

So, I'm reading this... and looking for justification to go back to bed.
 
If I didn't have Stimlu8 I...

A) Would've gone back to bed

B) Would've had a crappy workout, possibly leaving the gym early and coming home pissed that my workout sucked AND not being able to go back to bed.

C) Kidnapped by ravenous cannibal gnomes.

BUT, none of those things happened.

I stayed away from the ultra-fast paced tempo of GVT, but was still at a high pace. I hit two PR's on shoulder presses, and did it while doing heavy smith-presses. Yes, it was a smith, but I've had shoulder issues for a long time and the fact that I could hit a pr while super setting those two, my two weakest muscle-groups, is a huge win for me.

Log update later...
 
Congratulations on the shoulder press PR! That's an area that is slow to develop for me. Pat yourself on the back for this workout! Just remember, Santa is watching:

Invalid Link Removed
 
Congratulations on the shoulder press PR! That's an area that is slow to develop for me. Pat yourself on the back for this workout! Just remember, Santa is watching:

Invalid Link Removed

Ha!!

Thanks Kenpo! It's been slow for me too. I really think GVT helped me build up enough shoulder strength to properly press without a smith, Si I need to make sure I take it easy.
Also, no more heavy benching without the smith or at least a spotter.
 
Sounds like a great workout Thomas. Nothing wrong with a utilizing a smith.

Drew @ 4am? thought that f**ker was supposed to be sleeping?
 
Drew @ 4am? thought that f**ker was supposed to be sleeping?

No joke. I usually can't get him to wake up if I blow his phone up.
 
Sounds like a great workout Thomas. Nothing wrong with a utilizing a smith.

Drew @ 4am? thought that f**ker was supposed to be sleeping?

No joke. I usually can't get him to wake up if I blow his phone up.

Funny stuff. Truth is, I didn't sleep, except about 45 min in the 5 AM time block. I don't know what the deal is.i didn't take any sleep meds last night, but I took my G8. Damn coughing fits were hell, but there is something neurological going on. I was literally clenching and grinding my teeth like I was a teenager on some 'special meds'.
I lied there for HOURS, eyes closed, but no sleep. When I got up to drink water due to throat pain and foot cramps, I would feel exhausted and almost dizzy.
I kept hearing the kids talk in their sleep, cough in their sleep, and I could have sworn I heard them watching cartoons like 10 or so times. But they were sleeping.
Were these cartoon sounds playing in my head?
I guess I am losing it.
 
Funny stuff. Truth is, I didn't sleep, except about 45 min in the 5 AM time block. I don't know what the deal is.i didn't take any sleep meds last night, but I took my G8. Damn coughing fits were hell, but there is something neurological going on. I was literally clenching and grinding my teeth like I was a teenager on some 'special meds'.
I lied there for HOURS, eyes closed, but no sleep. When I got up to drink water due to throat pain and foot cramps, I would feel exhausted and almost dizzy.
I kept hearing the kids talk in their sleep, cough in their sleep, and I could have sworn I heard them watching cartoons like 10 or so times. But they were sleeping.
Were these cartoon sounds playing in my head?
I guess I am losing it.


I have had all these things happen before. Chalk it up as a restless night. We all get them.

However, the foot cramps, exhaustion, dizziness.. how is your fluid intake? electrolytes? nutrition? Sounds like something is lacking. Get lots of water into you today, a couple of bananas, some gatorade, bcaa's...
 
I have had all these things happen before. Chalk it up as a restless night. We all get them.

However, the foot cramps, exhaustion, dizziness.. how is your fluid intake? electrolytes? nutrition? Sounds like something is lacking. Get lots of water into you today, a couple of bananas, some gatorade, bcaa's...

Yeah, I know i am a tad dehydrated, and I barely ate yesterday so the water that I did slam probably took out any sodium, potassium, calcium that I had. When my feet cramp, I know I need water. But I don't always replenish the minerals to keep that water working for me.
I told my wife about last night, and she said, "it's no big deal", but what her tone and body language said, "shiit, you are NUTZ".
I will get some fruits and fluids in, and take it easy the rest of today.
I think the antibiotics, illness, and various other life factors are contributing to this current state of mind.
 
Funny stuff. Truth is, I didn't sleep, except about 45 min in the 5 AM time block. I don't know what the deal is.i didn't take any sleep meds last night, but I took my G8. Damn coughing fits were hell, but there is something neurological going on. I was literally clenching and grinding my teeth like I was a teenager on some 'special meds'.
I lied there for HOURS, eyes closed, but no sleep. When I got up to drink water due to throat pain and foot cramps, I would feel exhausted and almost dizzy.
I kept hearing the kids talk in their sleep, cough in their sleep, and I could have sworn I heard them watching cartoons like 10 or so times. But they were sleeping.
Were these cartoon sounds playing in my head?
I guess I am losing it.

I have had all these things happen before. Chalk it up as a restless night. We all get them.

However, the foot cramps, exhaustion, dizziness.. how is your fluid intake? electrolytes? nutrition? Sounds like something is lacking. Get lots of water into you today, a couple of bananas, some gatorade, bcaa's...

^ Agree with all these things. Well, maybe not with getting a couple bananas into you. Kindra may not like that game.

I've had crappy nights before where after a while I was so sleepy that I thought I heard things to. Also, if you've been taking something regularly for your sickness and last night was the first night off, that may just be an adjustment.

You could probably add your brothers crazy antics to that list too lol

Pfft.
:swordfight:
 
I was so tempted to not get out of bed, and even after getting out of bed I was tempted to go back to bed. For the first time this week I slept through the night and my body wanted more of it. I’m glad I didn’t though. It’s the first time I have ever done 135 or more on shoulder presses (without a Smith-M).

Pre:
Fasted if you don’t include 1/2 c milk.

7/8 Stimlu8
Last dose (x3) of Crea-Trona
(Dosed last of Max Pump last night)

SUPER (tri)SET 1:
Tempo’s- 3.0.2, 2.0.2, 3.0.2
No break from OHP to bands, 60s approx. from bands to chest, 60s approx. from chest to OHP.

Barbell Shoulder Press

Set 1 : 105x10
Set 2 : 115x10
Set 3 : 125x10 (PR)
Set 4 : 135x6 (PR)
Set 5 : 145x3 (So close to hitting 4. LOOOONG (6s?)Neg though. I bet I could’ve hit even more if I dropped earlier sets and didn’t SS with Chest Press/Bands.
|
Band Lateral Raises

Set 1 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 4 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 5 : 21 Laps/Reps (last 11 done with a small ROM at the top)
|
Smith Machine Bench Press 285

Set 1 : 135x10
Set 2 : 225x3
Set 3 : 255x3
Set 4 : 275x1
Set 5 : 285x0
Set 6 : 225x8
|

SUPER SET 2:
Not sure on tempo’s; No breaks from Delt to bands, about 20s from Bands to Chest (walk).
Full ROM-

Dumbbell Bent Over Delt Raise 52

Set 1 : 25x20
Set 2 : 25x20
Set 3 : 25x21

Drop Set
Set 4 : 25x20
Set 4 : 40x9
Set 4 : 35x5
Set 4 : 30x2
Set 4 : 20x3
Set 4 : 10x4

3 Sets Delt Raise w/ Bands xMax


Cable Incline Press 123.33
First time using this machine. Alternated where I pushed the cables from Dec to Flat to Inc, by rep, not sets.

Drop-
Set 1 : 100x7
Set 1 : 70x5
Set 1 : 40x5
Set 1 : 40x7
Drop-
Set 2 : 80x8
Set 2 : 60x8
Set 2 : 40x8



Also:
2 sets of 3-notch ladder pushups.
1 Drop Set of side raises; 20, 15, 10, 5’s


|
Notes:

I will have my reviews up probably today.
 
Stoked to see the final thoughts.

Good work on the PR as well!
 
Stoked to see the final thoughts.

Good work on the PR as well!

Thanks Montana. I've had such a rough road with my left shoulder the last few years that I'm completely excited that I may be on track for it to improve.
 
Thanks Montana. I've had such a rough road with my left shoulder the last few years that I'm completely excited that I may be on track for it to improve.

Also. Stop doing Smith machine presses. They murder shoulders.
 
Also. Stop doing Smith machine presses. They murder shoulders.

Shoulder or chest? It's the standard bench that has tweaked my shoulder in the past.
 
I haven't done ANY smith movements in .... years, literally

I'd prefer not to, but I'd also prefer to not have any shoulder pain. Would you recommend sticking to DB's? (they don't aggravate my shoulder, much)
 
I'd prefer not to, but I'd also prefer to not have any shoulder pain. Would you recommend sticking to DB's? (they don't aggravate my shoulder, much)
I cannot say I would limit you to DB only -- however, that said:
if you can progress with those, the available DB weights are appropriate and sufficient enough to continue growing, and they do not aggravate your shoulder --- then I would say hell yeah, go with that for awhile or at least make the majority of your movements DB-based

simply not a fan of the ol' smith machine, personally
 
Any pressing with Smith machine kills my shoulders. I used to drop set on them to make sure I didn't kill myself but it's just a very un natural range of motion.

Db's and bb provide a much more natural range of motion and you can tweak form and tempo to adjust to less weight.

Drop sets. Half reps. Slow negatives. All of those can make up for a lesser weight being used and not wreak havoc on your joints.
 
Any pressing with Smith machine kills my shoulders. I used to drop set on them to make sure I didn't kill myself but it's just a very un natural range of motion.

Db's and bb provide a much more natural range of motion and you can tweak form and tempo to adjust to less weight.

Drop sets. Half reps. Slow negatives. All of those can make up for a lesser weight being used and not wreak havoc on your joints.

Hammer Strength machines are also a good alternative but in the same breath loading it down with a ton of weight can cause the same issues as Smith. Just keep the form right and the tempo even.
 
I cannot say I would limit you to DB only -- however, that said:
if you can progress with those, the available DB weights are appropriate and sufficient enough to continue growing, and they do not aggravate your shoulder --- then I would say hell yeah, go with that for awhile or at least make the majority of your movements DB-based

simply not a fan of the ol' smith machine, personally


Yeah, that's what I did for the longest. I should stick with them then...
 
Any pressing with Smith machine kills my shoulders. I used to drop set on them to make sure I didn't kill myself but it's just a very un natural range of motion.

Db's and bb provide a much more natural range of motion and you can tweak form and tempo to adjust to less weight.

Drop sets. Half reps. Slow negatives. All of those can make up for a lesser weight being used and not wreak havoc on your joints.

Smith machine tore my shoulders up as well
 
Smith machine tore my shoulders up as well

That just baffles me. How does the smith mess up your shoulders? Because there's no play (to move)?
 
Looks like my review may not be posted today. Have to bust out some work because it looks like I have to take tomorrow off on a whim. Kiddo has been begging to be taken hunting this year for Christmas; Instead, I'm going to go meet with some board members of my dads old hunting camp tomorrow and see i'f they'll let us in mid-season and sign up for another year. If it's a go, kiddo is going to be the happiest kid EVER.

Also, I'll be the happpiest kid EVER. win-win
 
Back
Top