Guest viewing is limited

TGR's FINAFlEXing Preworkout Trifecta (sponsored)

Catch some zzzzz, I did....

I was out by 9:15 (could've been earlier, but there were a lot of distractions going on. Felt relaxed leading up to falling asleep.

I only remember 2 dreams, pretty vivid and odd, but not too crazy.

I woke up to pee at 10:18, (11:17 from the dogs barking, but peed too),12:18, and 2:20.
Each time I was back out within minutes from lying down.

No, it's not abnormal that the second-hand is within a few minutes of each other every time I wake up.
It is off for me to wake up like that right outta the gate though. Usually it's guaranteed 2-3 hours uninterrupted before my first wake up. I did drink a lot of water after 1700 though; because I was behind for the day.

I woke up immediately when my alarm went off at 0330. I felt a little groggy, but not dog-tired to where I wanted to hit snooze or anything. I am mostly wide awake now, feel well rested, and I'm looking forward to having some again tonight. Hopefully I'll keep my water intake a little lower and see if I can sleep straight through.

All in all, last night was a great nights sleep and a win for me because of G8!
 
Sleep for the win! If BigT's log sings praise to G8 then it has to be some good stuff.
 
Thanks guys!

The sleep was so solid, I don't even feel tired now. I can't remember the last day I woke at 0330, killed it in the gym, and didn't feel drained afterwards.

I'm whistling tunes, Kenpo style!
 
Pre:
45m-
Coffee x2
Protein shake w/ Almond Silk

15m-
4x Max Pump
4x Crea-Trona
3/4s Stumul8

SUPER SET 1:
Tempo 4.0.2 for both
20s rest from Sh to Bk, 60s to restart-

Reverse Inclined ISO Shoulder Press; per arm 53.33

Set 1 : 40x10
Set 2 : 40x10
Set 3 : 40x9
Set 4 : 35x10
Set 5 : 35x9
Set 6 : 35x9
Set 7 : 35x9
Set 8 : 35x9
Set 9 : 35x8
Set 10 : 35x8

Set 11 : 25x15
|
Cable Seated Row 160
Used the 3' wide D-Grip bar today-

Set 1 : 90x10
Set 2 : 90x10
Set 3 : 100x10
Set 4 : 100x10
Set 5 : 100x10
Set 6 : 100x10
Set 7 : 120x10
Set 8 : 120x10
Set 9 : 120x10
Set 10 : 120x10
|

SUPER SET 2:
3.0.2 tempo on back, none on delts.
The only rests were from walking back and forth. 10-15s?

Delt Destroyers 91.67
Large weight was done with a 4' spread, and a trap squeeze at the top. Felt that squeeze on my last also.
Small weight was done as wide as possible, as far back as possible.

Set 1 : 55x20
Set 1 : 15x10

Set 2 : 55x20
Set 2 : 15x10

Set 3 : 55x19
Set 3 : 15x10

Set 4 : 55x15
Set 4 : 15x10
|
Leverage Machine High Row 189

Set 1 : 135x11
Set 2 : 135x10

Drop set-
Set 3 : 135x12
Set 3 : 90x10
Set 3 : 45x15

+ behind the head pull-ups x3, assisted BTH xMax, raised assistance as needed. 20-ish total.

+ Deadstops: 70xMax
|
Notes:

Today's workout felt really good. My back felt pumped by the 6th set of rows, and I felt my second wind come in right around then too.

Nice "warm" feeling today.

Today's cals: 2,489
288/203/51

Invalid Link Removed

I have 3 cases for court this morning, so if I take ECA it won't be until noon-ish.
 
Why can't I post my log link in my Sig?
 
You killed it with that volume RJ! Holy Mackeral! Very nice!
 
Very nice season.

Yes try to keep water intake before bed down but don't sacrifice hydration of course.

Keep on kicking ass!
 
Very nice season.

Yes try to keep water intake before bed down but don't sacrifice hydration of course.

Keep on kicking ass!

Thanks Monty. And yes, I love this season. ;)
 
I woke up immediately when my alarm went off at 0330. I felt a little groggy, but not dog-tired to where I wanted to hit snooze or anything.
All in all, last night was a great nights sleep and a win for me because of G8!

When I logged this I found I woke a bit groggy as well most mornings, but within 5 minutes felt more of a rested, ready to get up sensation. Also, my experience with G8 got better with each dosing (for the first few days), so you could very well be in for a treat tonight.
 
When I logged this I found I woke a bit groggy as well most mornings, but within 5 minutes felt more of a rested, ready to get up sensation. Also, my experience with G8 got better with each dosing (for the first few days), so you could very well be in for a treat tonight.

Yep this exactly. Why we advise working up to a full scoop over a couple days at the start. After that you should find your sweet spot and cruise from there.
 
Very nice season.

Yes try to keep water intake before bed down but don't sacrifice hydration of course.

Keep on kicking ass!

Great advice just make sure your taking in adequate water throughout the day. I find when I don't I wake up with extreme dry mouth
 
I have my 3/4 scoop G8 ready to go for tonight. I'm a wee but excited.

So, found this video on another thread. The last clip is the gym I workout at. Seen that dude there doing crazy dances on the treadmill, but I've not witnessed the "Titanic Twist" yet.

Invalid Link Removed
 
G8 in 8oz water; downed.

No joke, I think this may be the best tasting supplement I've EVER tasted. I just prefer lemon over other flavors, I suppose.
 
Out by 2115, woke up once when the dog barked at 2330. Checked the house, went pee, closed my eyes and immediately woke up to the sound of my alarm. That's it.

I don't remember any dreams this time. Not saying I didn't have any, but I usually don't remember them unless I think about them immediately upon waking up.

Still a little groggy this morning, but manageable. It went away fast. Plus, it's Wednesday. Half way through the week I'm always tired.

I can't believe I only was up once. I'm certain that it wouldn't have happened then if I hadn't heard the dog bark.

I have about 3/4 left, and will probably go ahead and use that tonight.
 
Pre:
45m-
Coffee x2
Protein shake X1 w/ 3/4c Almond Silk (143c)

15m-
4x Max Pump
4x Crea-Trona
3/4s Stumul8

SUPER SET 1:
4.0.2 Tempo
20s rest from HS ISO Press to RTW’s, then 60s to restart.

Leverage Incline Chest Press 90.67
(8# with no plates)

Set 1 : 68x10
Set 2 : 68x10
Set 3 : 68x10
Set 4 : 68x10
Set 5 : 68x10
Set 6 : 68x9
Set 7 : 68x9
Set 8 : 68x9
Set 9 : 68x8
Set 10 : 68x6
Set 10: 43x15
|
Dumbbell Around the Worlds 26.67

Set 1 : 20x10
Set 2 : 20x5
Set 3 : 15x8
Set 4 : 15x8
Set 5 : 15x8
Set 6 : 15x9
Set 7 : 15x8
Set 8 : 15x8
Set 9 : 15x8
Set 10 : 15x15 WTF? I don’t know what happened here. These felt heavy from set 1. Happy to be done???
|

SUPER SET 2:
Cable Lower Chest Raise 78
Drop sets, 4.0.4 tempo
Set 1 : 60x8
Set 1 : 50x5
Set 1 : 40x5
Set 1 : 30x8
Set 1 : 20x10

**Took a break here because the cables were taken. I had plenty of time, so I did some DL’s with 120-180s rests:
135x3
225x1
315x1
405x0
385x1
315x1
** 405 felt REAL heavy, 385 felt not too heavy. Maybe if I had been fresh??? Anyway, I may do deads Saturday when I have plenty of time. I haven’t really done them much recently, and I haven’t pulled over 315 (x5-7 max) since July or August.
Resume Super Set…
Set 2 : 60x9
Set 2 : 50x5
Set 2 : 40x5
Set 2 : 30x8
Set 2 : 20x10
|
Dumbbell Bent Arm Pullover 86.67

Set 1 : 65x10
Set 1 : 30x3 Long Neg (like 20s each), but started to feel discomfort in my left shoulder so I stopped.

Did leaning chest dips xMAX, then two sets of ladder pushups to failure on 5 different notches.


|
Notes:
Not too much to add here. After my great sleep I made it in a little early, and if I didn’t have IT problems I would’ve done some cardio. I started to sweat later in the first super set, but it slowed a lot when I slowed my pace for DL’s. I took a video of the 405x0 and 385x1 to make sure my back wasn’t rounded (it wasn’t, but I didn’t squeeze out the 385 like I should have) and noticed I was still wiping my brow.

I looked really soft this morning, and my belly was really bloated after my protein shake. Maybe from the Almond Milk? I may go back to water…
 
Out by 2115, woke up once when the dog barked at 2330. Checked the house, went pee, closed my eyes and immediately woke up to the sound of my alarm. That's it.

I don't remember any dreams this time. Not saying I didn't have any, but I usually don't remember them unless I think about them immediately upon waking up.

Still a little groggy this morning, but manageable. It went away fast. Plus, it's Wednesday. Half way through the week I'm always tired.

I can't believe I only was up once. I'm certain that it wouldn't have happened then if I hadn't heard the dog bark.

I have about 3/4 left, and will probably go ahead and use that tonight.

This is usually my nightly experience, but I normally don't wake up at all, and I've found just the right amount of G8 do I don't feel the last bit groggy.

Good update!
 
I looked really soft this morning, and my belly was really bloated after my protein shake. Maybe from the Almond Milk? I may go back to water...

Almond milk shouldn't really cause any bloat.... maybe Snagency can shed some light here since he is da almond milk guru. I do always feel bloated some after a shake regardless of what liquid I use though, unless it's an isolate.
 
Almond milk shouldn't really cause any bloat.... maybe Snagency can shed some light here since he is da almond milk guru. I do always feel bloated some after a shake regardless of what liquid I use though, unless it's an isolate.

I usually do to some extent, just more so today. As soon as my blend is done, I'm switching to an isolate.
 
Out by 2115, woke up once when the dog barked at 2330. Checked the house, went pee, closed my eyes and immediately woke up to the sound of my alarm. That's it.

I don't remember any dreams this time. Not saying I didn't have any, but I usually don't remember them unless I think about them immediately upon waking up.

Still a little groggy this morning, but manageable. It went away fast. Plus, it's Wednesday. Half way through the week I'm always tired.

.

Ahh the power of G8! Snags, has told me in the past that everyone dreams, even if you don't remember. You just were in a very solid sleep.
 
So tired right now. I have no idea why. Crash from my ECA, maybe... Or it's the dreary weather...
 
Almond milk shouldn't really cause any bloat.... maybe Snagency can shed some light here since he is da almond milk guru. I do always feel bloated some after a shake regardless of what liquid I use though, unless it's an isolate.
this
almond milk will not cause bloat..
however, protein shakes lend to this feeling/appearance, believe it or not
does not matter what kind of powder you are using either isolate/concentrate/blend etc..
wanna try an experiment and see for yourself? simply stay away from liquid nutrition for a week and consume whole foods
report back , and tell us what I already know you will observe :)
 
this
almond milk will not cause bloat..
however, protein shakes lend to this feeling/appearance, believe it or not
does not matter what kind of powder you are using either isolate/concentrate/blend etc..
wanna try an experiment and see for yourself? simply stay away from liquid nutrition for a week and consume whole foods
report back , and tell us what I already know you will observe :)

I believe that.
 
I have my 3/4 scoop G8 ready to go for tonight. I'm a wee but excited.

So, found this video on another thread. The last clip is the gym I workout at. Seen that dude there doing crazy dances on the treadmill, but I've not witnessed the "Titanic Twist" yet.

Invalid Link Removed

Lol I often wonder what goes through some people's minds when they do strange **** like that.
 
I definitely notice the body comp changes when using more shakes. Hell I have even cut out my shake before bed and replaced with solid food and I feel so much tighter in the mornings. Nothing has changed weight wise but I look much better to myself.
 
Entire log for today was just deleted. Dammit. Had a lot of notes. Oh well, I'll type another up later.

I definitely notice the body comp changes when using more shakes. Hell I have even cut out my shake before bed and replaced with solid food and I feel so much tighter in the mornings. Nothing has changed weight wise but I look much better to myself.

Maybe I'll start training fasted again.
 
I definitely notice the body comp changes when using more shakes. Hell I have even cut out my shake before bed and replaced with solid food and I feel so much tighter in the mornings. Nothing has changed weight wise but I look much better to myself.

At 2400-2600/day, should I be doing any cheat meals every X weeks?

My carbs are high enough this week to not be concerned with a carb-up, but I may drop them to 100-150 next week.
 
Fasted weight: 197.3 (about 4#'s too heavy)

Pre:
45m-
Coffee x2
Protein shake X1

15m-
4x Max Pump
4x Crea-Trona
3/4s Stumul8

SUPER SET 1:
4.0.2 tempo; 20s and 60s rests.

*= over and back chest stretch x10 prior to starting the curls. It upped my "rest" time by a few seconds.

Incline Dumbbell Curl 40

Set 1 : 30x10 *
Set 2 : 30x10 *
Set 3 : 30x10 *
Set 4 : 30x10 *
Set 5 : 30x10 *
Set 6 : 30x10
Set 7 : 30x10
Set 8 : 30x8
Set 9 : 30x9
Set 10 : 30x7

Over and back chest stretch; h/t MrKleen:

Invalid Link Removed

I actually felt more tension in my lats and shoulders than in my chest.

Cable Rope High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension 146.67

Set 1 : 110x10
Set 2 : 110x10
Set 3 : 110x10
Set 4 : 110x10
Set 5 : 110x10
Set 6 : 110x9
Set 7 : 110x9
Set 8 : 110x9
Set 9 : 110x8
Set 10 : 110x8
|

SUPER SET 2:
30s breaks

Cable Overhead Curl 86.33
3.0.2

Set 1 : 70x6
Set 1 : 60x4
Set 1 : 50x6
Set 1 : 40x7
Set 1 : 30x13
Set 1 : 20x10 * 1.0.1

Set 2 : 70x7
Set 2 : 60x4
Set 2 : 50x5
Set 2 : 40x7
Set 2: 30x10
Set 2 : 20x14 *

Set 3 : 70x6
Set 3 : 60x4
Set 3 : 50x6
Set 3 : 40x6
Set 3 : 30x10
Set 3 : 20x14 *
|
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press 198
3.0.2

Set 1 : 135x11
Set 2 : 135x11
Set 3 : 135x14 (2.0.2)
|

SUPER SET 3:
20s breaks

21's
50x2

Leaning reverse extension burnouts 26.67

Set 1 : 20x10
Set 1 : 15x4
Set 1 : 10x4
Set 1 : 5x4 10s hold at top

Set 2 : 20x9
Set 2 : 15x2
Set 2 : 10x2
Set 2 : 5x2 5-10s hold

These hurt like hell at the end.
|
Notes:

Overall a good workout.

Headed into work, I'll post up some other notes later.
 
If you consistently stay in the 100-150 gram carb range then about every fourth day you should have a carb up day. I'd say 300 grams our so would do the trick. Just keep them good and don't eat junk carbs.
 
If you consistently stay in the 100-150 gram carb range then about every fourth day you should have a carb up day. I'd say 300 grams our so would do the trick. Just keep them good and don't eat junk carbs.

^^ This.... and the key thing to remember is it's a carb up not a cheat meal. As Montana says, keep it healthy.
 
I learned the shake thing inadvertently over the last year. I realized I always looked fat right after the gym. Arms or shoulders could be looking swoll but gut would kill it all. Then I realized it wasn't like that at the gym locker room unless I'd done ab work. But when I got home I was fatter. What changed - drank my shake omw home.

You're gonna take pump pics, better get em in quick before that shake :)

Doing great work RJ. Try more warmups on the deads. I know adding volume may sound counterintuitive when you're trying to save gas for that big single, but jumping 90lbs after you hit 315 is a bad plan. Tonight I did 135x10, 225x5, 315x5, 365x3, 405x3, 455x6 for example (for 5/3/1 routine). Anyway, the 455 set was the max effort set. But I make time for the 405 triple because it doesn't shock my cns so bad when I pull 455 only going up 50lbs.

I'd add a 275 single & a 365 single into that routine to go for 405, & consider pulling everything standing atop 45lb plates (one under each foot). When you get to the 405 pull, go back to the floor. Maybe even take your shoes off. The deficit will be barely noticed during warmups, if at all, but it will trick you into thinking 405 is much lighter when you drop over an inch for the big lift. And take 4.5 min b4 that last pull - you get 96% of your atp recharged then. 8 min is 98% but that's a lot of wasted time/cool down. I'd do this the day after your carb up day too. Strong like ox ;)
 
AAAAAAAND G8 is the bomb.com

I mean, idk how I'm going to live without it when I finish the tub. Gonna have to get some more before long. It's just plain superior rest/recovery. I am in the 2nd wk of PCT & I continue to feel more rested & energized at work each morning than ever before. I could understand when I was on cycle having energy in the mornings, but to feel so recovered even now is a testament to the sleep I'm getting. Sawing logs like a boss.
 
Thanks for the advice Hyde, good stuff there. I may do all of those things tomorrow.

I'm with you on the G8...

Yeah, I did a video of DL'ing the other day and my belly looked huge. I sipped on one this morning, but I'm going to start trying to eat an egg or something instead. I just hate eating so early on the run.
 
SUPER SET !:

Barbell Shoulder Press 146.67
Started with 4.0.2, but went to 2.0.2 tempo after the first set. No break from OHP to bands, so my shoulders were fatiguing fast. 60s rest before restarting.

Set 1 : 110x10
Set 2 : 110x10
Set 3 : 110x10
Set 4 : 110x9
Set 5 : 105x9
Set 6 : 105x9
Set 7 : 105x7
Set 8 : 100x9
Set 9 : 100x8
Set 10 : 100x8
|
Band Lateral Raises 19
2.0.2, knuckles down, Black Band, anything over 10 was arms parallel w/ floor and a 1’ ROM.

Set 1 : 19 Laps/Reps (orange on 11-19)
Set 2 : 15 Laps/Reps (orange on 11-15)
Set 3 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 4 : 13 Laps/Reps
Set 5 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 6 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 7 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 8 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 9 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 10 : 10 Laps/Reps
|

SUPER SET 2, Monster set:

Cable Bent Over Low Pulley Lateral 72

Set 1 : 60x6
Set 1 : 50x5
Set 1 : 40x4
Set 1 : 30x5
Set 1 : 20x6

Set 2 : 60x4
Set 2 : 50x5
Set 2 : 40x5
Set 2 : 30x5
Set 2 : 20x8

Set 3 : 50x8
Set 3 : 40x5
Set 3 : 30x6
Set 3 : 20x10

20s break, plus…
Set 16 : 20x15

Band Lateral Raises 19
Orange Band (tougher than black), knuckles back

Set 11 : 16 Laps/Reps
Set 12 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 13 : 10 Laps/Reps

|
Leverage Shrug 378

Set 1 : 180x15
Set 2 : 270x12

Drop Set, some done with squeeze and hold at top.
Set 3 : 270x8
Set 3 : 180x12
Set 3 : 90x12

I also did reverse machine flys, 85xMax, 65xMax (35-50 total, no rests, long negs)

And machine shoulder raise 80xMax, 60xMax, 40xM, 20xM, 20xM, 20xM (10s rests only between the 20’s)
|
Notes:

I felt great today and had a great shoulder pump going. The combo of great sleep from G8 and the Stimul8 had me driven to go. If I were trying for a heavy PR, I have no doubt that I would’ve hit one on presses today. Also, no shoulder tweaks at all.
 
Volume, feeling great and sleep = FTW! Killin it brother.
 
I've been thinking of asking Santa for some bands but I've never really used them. What are your thoughts on em?
 
I've been thinking of asking Santa for some bands but I've never really used them. What are your thoughts on em?

At first I was skeptical. Honestly, I thought they would be a little girly. After using them today I am sold. I will be getting my own set, but until then I will use what the gym has. As a fan of drop sets yourself, I bet you'd love the burn that the bands provide.
 
At first I was skeptical. Honestly, I thought they would be a little girly. After using them today I am sold. I will be getting my own set, but until then I will use what the gym has. As a fan of drop sets yourself, I bet you'd love the burn that the bands provide.

Ok sweet, thanks buddy!
 
I am excited to try my bands out tomorrow. Will be Day 1 of Meadows. Great work Thomas!

Thanks! And I'm excited to try your bands out too!

:biglaugh:
 
Thomas, I got something better than the bands!

Invalid Link Removed

:(

I can't apply to this one, I'm also starting a thermo log in the next week to run with this one.

As per the convo we had previously, I have my eyes on the PCT stack.
 
Back
Top